The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by FullDJacket »

burt1098 wrote:Image
100% BULL r1 was the fn definition of a 10-8 r
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Dana White just announced Rousey Vs Nunes New Years weekend.

Also keeps trying to build up McG by saying Diaz is a welterweight and they shouldn't fight again bc of the size difference...meanwhile McG is fighting in Diaz's actual weightclass for the title...I cannot take White anymore. Years ago, he was tolerable. He keeps getting worse year after year with his BS.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Dana White just announced Rousey Vs Nunes New Years weekend.

Also keeps trying to build up McG by saying Diaz is a welterweight and they shouldn't fight again bc of the size difference...meanwhile McG is fighting in Diaz's actual weightclass for the title...I cannot take White anymore. Years ago, he was tolerable. He keeps getting worse year after year with his BS.
If Nunez keeps this on the feet & avoids RR's take downs she will win this within 2 rounds, maybe 1. But if RR can get it to the ground, she will win.
Nunez did really well avoiding Meisha's takedowns, but being taken down by RR is an entirely different beast.
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

yeahbuddy wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:Dana White just announced Rousey Vs Nunes New Years weekend.

If Nunez keeps this on the feet & avoids RR's take downs she will win this within 2 rounds, maybe 1. But if RR can get it to the ground, she will win.
Nunez did really well avoiding Meisha's takedowns, but being taken down by RR is an entirely different beast.
And she doesn't have the foot work of Holly Holm either. That being said, she has the best hands in the division and if she cracks Rousey
in the nose like she did with Tate , Rousey might want out.

It will be fascinating to see how Rousey fights. Will she have the same confidence prior to the Holm fight. Time will tell.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Wtf is going on with this card? No Kennedy vs. Evans, and now no Cowboy vs. Gastelum? Kennedy vs. Evans moved to UFC 206, and Cowboy gets Matt Brown at UFC 206.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

burt1098 wrote:Wtf is going on with this card? No Kennedy vs. Evans, and now no Cowboy vs. Gastelum? Kennedy vs. Evans moved to UFC 206, and Cowboy gets Matt Brown at UFC 206.
It is still stacked!

Come on Wonderboy!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:
burt1098 wrote:Wtf is going on with this card? No Kennedy vs. Evans, and now no Cowboy vs. Gastelum? Kennedy vs. Evans moved to UFC 206, and Cowboy gets Matt Brown at UFC 206.
It is still stacked!

Come on Wonderboy!
Did you see how Gastelum gave notice? During the official (morning) weigh ins he sent a text saying because he wasn't able to make weight, he will not be fighting.
Saw a Cowboy interview & you could see he was really disappointed that he was not fighting. One thing he said was he wish that Gastelum would've called him & Cerrone
would not have cut so much weight & the fight would've happened because it would be within a certain pounds difference.
206 is becoming a really good card.
Did you see the special Rousey vs Nunes face off after the 205 weigh ins? She comes in all tough girl. Rogan begins to interview Nunez, Rousey storms off the stage. I hope
Nunez cleans her clock.
Question for you east coast fans- how do you guys manage to stay up until 1am? And some of those Fox Sports 1 cards do not finish until 10:30 pacific time.
The Ferguson vs RDA fight didn't end until 10:30 pacific.
I'm hoping McGregor wins tomorrow & we see a McGregor/Ferguson fight. Now that will be something.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

At least with Evans, it was out of his control. He did all the testing they requested after looking at his MRI and still decided not to let him fight. F'n fatsellum was working with dolce a couple years ago to manage weight then stopped. Now he can't make weight at all the past few fights:?

Mcgregor starting shit with woodley, he does not want to fight a real welterweight. Woodley or wonderboy would crack him so hard he'd skip across the canvas like a rock across a lake. He don't want khabib either as he'd be ragdolled for 5 rounds.

Cannot wait until tomorrow,
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

As an East coaster (almost 48 years old), sometimes it's tough making the late fights. I've started to nod off a time or two. My wife has said fuck this, record this shit I'm going to bed...Lol
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Undercard was great.

Khabib is very hittable when standing. Johnson was tuning him up. Once he gets hold though, he is a bear. Mcg will NEVER fight khabib.

Edgar... what can you say? Heart all day long.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Hell of a night of fights. One of the best.
Safe to say Alvarez had no business in the octagon with McGregor. That was an embarrassing loss for him.
If Michael Johnson can hit Khbib (spelling) like that, McGregor will have no problem. My guess is we'll see
Ferguson vs Khbib fight, and winner fights McGregor.
To me it looked like the moment was too big for Eddie. Same as Jose Aldo. You can tell both fighters were
nervous before their fights with McGregor.
208 is in January in Anaheim Cali. My guess it will Bisping vs Romero. And Ferguson vs the Russian.
Speaking of Romero- That knee! Wow! WOW! Looks like Weidman became champ when that division was in flux.
Silva was getting old. Machida an oldy & Belfort on the wrong side of the coin.
Yeah, Frankie Edgar has heart, but he'll never fight for championship again.
Woodley vs Wonder Boy needs to be re racked. Both fighters were too cautious.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:Hell of a night of fights. One of the best.
Safe to say Alvarez had no business in the octagon with McGregor. That was an embarrassing loss for him.
If Michael Johnson can hit Khbib (spelling) like that, McGregor will have no problem. My guess is we'll see
To me it looked like the moment was too big for Eddie. Same as Jose Aldo. You can tell both fighters were
208 is in January in Anaheim Cali. My guess it will Bisping vs Romero. And Ferguson vs the Russian.
Speaking of Romero- That knee! Wow! WOW! Looks like Weidman became champ when that division was in flux.
McGregor vs. Aldo for 145 belt.
I agree Ferguson vs. Khabib and winner fights McGregor for 155 belt.
Woodley vs. Thompson should be an immediate rematch.
I'd like to see the two Pollock broads go at it again. That Kowalchecheckski (?) broad really turned it on in the 4th.
Cupcake made a smart decision retiring.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Yeah, it was a great card.

During the Tate fight, I figured she should quit. Those couple of hits to the nose in the first 30 seconds of the round 1 is all it took. She wasn't good, and she has made the right call.

Really surprised with Alvarez. Thought that it would be a war. Did anyone else think the fight was stopped a tad too early for a Championship match?

Romero is a scary man, and will probably destory Bisping. Truth is, he is probably the weakest champion at the moment. You look at the top 5 in that division, and I would say they are all better. Hard for me to admit as a Brit!

Man the Straw weight fight looked business as usual forJoanna in the first three rounds. And then that one punch in the 4th almost had her. Karolina took so much, but she didn't have a bruise on her face at the end! Joanna definitely got the win. A far better overall fighter. But fair play to Karolina.

Gutted that Wonderboy didn't win. That 4th round when he took big shots from Woodley, well I thought it was all over. When Woodley had him in that guilotine, I thought his head was going to explode! How he got out of it, and then out and fighting, and then looked fresh for the 5th round was very impressive. He took a lot of damage. He won round 2,3, and 5. But rounds 1 and 4 were more decisive for Woodley. What happened with Bruce Buffer? he didn't understand the scoring? Didn't like the result?

Khabib definitley wobbled in the 1st round, but when he gets you on the ground he is a monster. I thought it was hilarous basically saying Russia had 150 million people and Ireland only has 6 million people. :lol: I think Khabib would ragdoll McGregor. But if Johnson can wobble him, so can McGregor. Johnson is a good wrestler himself and took so much damage from Khabib and just couldn't escape.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

burt1098 wrote:
McGregor vs. Aldo for 145 belt.
I agree Ferguson vs. Khabib and winner fights McGregor for 155 belt.
Woodley vs. Thompson should be an immediate rematch.
I'd like to see the two Pollock broads go at it again. That Kowalchecheckski (?) broad really turned it on in the 4th.
Cupcake made a smart decision retiring.
Yeah, I agree with your fight selections.

Do you think they might give Maia a shot against Woodley though?

burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

pieceofme wrote:

I hadn't thought of that, that's a good point. I'm not much of a fan of Maia's style. That humping thing is boring to me. But he's earned the shot so...Lol
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

burt1098 wrote:
pieceofme wrote:

I hadn't thought of that, that's a good point. I'm not much of a fan of Maia's style. That humping thing is boring to me. But he's earned the shot so...Lol
Same here. But he's getting on a bit, and he's on a great run.

Maybe Woodley vs Maia.

Wonderboy vs. Lawler.

burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

pieceofme wrote:
burt1098 wrote:
pieceofme wrote:

Maybe Woodley vs Maia.

Wonderboy vs. Lawler.

You should start making matchups for the company...Lol
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

pieceofme wrote:

Gutted that Wonderboy didn't win. That 4th round when he took big shots from Woodley, well I thought it was all over. When Woodley had him in that guilotine, I thought his head was going to explode! How he got out of it, and then out and fighting, and then looked fresh for the 5th round was very impressive. He took a lot of damage. He won round 2,3, and 5. But rounds 1 and 4 were more decisive for Woodley. What happened with Bruce Buffer? he didn't understand the scoring? Didn't like the result?

Khabib definitley wobbled in the 1st round, but when he gets you on the ground he is a monster. I thought it was hilarous basically saying Russia had 150 million people and Ireland only has 6 million people. :lol: I think Khabib would ragdoll McGregor. But if Johnson can wobble him, so can McGregor. Johnson is a good wrestler himself and took so much damage from Khabib and just couldn't escape.
If you remember, started to read to result then was called out of the cage. Then came back and read the wrong results. That is not on him. He's Ron Burgundy, He reads exactly what's on the cards. He's not in the cage adding the scores up. It says on the who the winner is and by what method.

McG does not want anything to do with Khabib. Connor already is coming up with excuses not to take the fight "he's fought one time in 8 years!" Meanwhile Connor was out for a year or so due to injury a couple years ago. Khabib is a friggin bear. I think McG fights Diaz next because that is the biggest selling point. Diaz no way in hell deserves it and it will set things even further into chaos in that division.

There is something up with Tate. She hasn't looked herself in the past couple fights. Apparently told Dana to "fuck off, you're not my boss anymore". Too bad..she's always been a great competitor.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
pieceofme wrote:

I think McG fights Diaz next because that is the biggest selling point. Diaz no way in hell deserves it and it will set things even further into chaos in that division.
Urgh. I hope not. Really fed up with that.

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

burt1098 wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
burt1098 wrote:

Maybe Woodley vs Maia.

Wonderboy vs. Lawler.

You should start making matchups for the company...Lol
Lol.

I can certainly see a rematch between Woodley and Wonderboy. Don't think I could watch. Too stressful the first time!

burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Bisping gonna get concussed against Romero if this fight happens.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

burt1098 wrote:Bisping gonna get concussed against Romero if this fight happens.
My guess is this happens in January in Anaheim Cali. They've announced date & location but not headliner. I can't think
of another big fight because all of the other divisions have had big fights in December. Romero took zero damage against
Weidman & Bisping should be in good shape.
I wouldn't bet against Bisping if I were you. He's a much smarter fighter these days. He was supposed to lose to Silva & won.
Was supposed to lose to Rockhold & won. And everybody said Henderson was going to knock him out, but that didn't
happen either. Of course if Romero lands one of those homerun shots like what he did to Weidman, the lights will go out
very quickly. If Bisping can get to the championship rounds, its his fight.

Did you watch the fights this past weekend? What a looooong day & so many meaningless fights. And it doesn't help when
the FS1 fights add 2 hours of commercials & other nonsense.
The light heavyweight division is a mess. There's Cormier & Johnson & a hundred rungs down the ladder is everybody
else. Without Bones Jones that division sucks.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

yeahbuddy wrote:
burt1098 wrote:Bisping gonna get concussed against Romero if this fight happens.
My guess is this happens in January in Anaheim Cali. They've announced date & location but not headliner. I can't think
of another big fight because all of the other divisions have had big fights in December. Romero took zero damage against
I wouldn't bet against Bisping if I were you. He's a much smarter fighter these days. He was supposed to lose to Silva & won.
Was supposed to lose to Rockhold & won. And everybody said Henderson was going to knock him out, but that didn't
happen either. Of course if Romero lands one of those homerun shots like what he did to Weidman, the lights will go out

Did you watch the fights this past weekend? What a looooong day & so many meaningless fights. And it doesn't help when
The light heavyweight division is a mess. There's Cormier & Johnson & a hundred rungs down the ladder is everybody

Bisping said he's not going to fight until spring. He has injuries from the hendo fight. I don't think he's allowed to have full contact training yet,
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:

Bisping said he's not going to fight until spring. He has injuries from the hendo fight. I don't think he's allowed to have full contact training yet,
Well, that puts an end to my speculation. Who the heck will headline the Anaheim fight in January? Can you think of a fight?
A long shot would be a Cris Cyborg fight. These days she lives in Orange County & definitely has a fan base there. I've been to two Invicta fights in OC.
One she headlined & the other she didn't. For her fight the place was packed. For the other, not even close to being full.
Funny article I read on Meisha Tate. The writer was trying to come up with reasons for her to un retire & one of the suggestions was for her to be a
sacrificial lamb to Cyborg. Ha!
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:

Moved on Saturday, forgot to record the fights. I was in bed exhausted by 9...Lol...There only looked to be 2 good fight or so.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I got the 7 day free trial of UFC fight pass. Watched some old Fedor, Schaub, Barnett...the Sakuraba documentary. Started wathing some Affliction and Pride events but I'm kind of done with after 2 days. What else am I going to watch on there?
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

FullDJacket wrote:I got the 7 day free trial of UFC fight pass. Watched some old Fedor, Schaub, Barnett...the Sakuraba documentary. Started wathing some Affliction and Pride events but I'm kind of done with after 2 days. What else am I going to watch on there?
I always watch the FP prelims & the fights airing only on FP.
Also, when watching a broadcast & the announcers mention a certain fight that I never saw I will go back & watch.
The best deal is buying a ppv & getting a 6 month subscription half off.

I was thinking for Anaheim card, maybe Robby Lawler. Or maybe Nick Diaz makes his return. Or Nate.
A Cyborg vs Holly Holm fight would work. Holm said she is interested in a Cyborg fight. They all say that, but when it
comes down to it, nobody ever signs the contract.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

I would love to see Lawler/Diaz 2. Lawler has changed and improved so much since Diaz knocked him out.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

burt1098 wrote:I would love to see Lawler/Diaz 2. Lawler has changed and improved so much since Diaz knocked him out.
I was thinking the same thing. The hold up with Nick is he still owes the fine that was part of his suspension. I don't think he wants to
pay that. Maybe UFC can kick in & take care of it.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:
burt1098 wrote:I would love to see Lawler/Diaz 2. Lawler has changed and improved so much since Diaz knocked him out.
I was thinking the same thing. The hold up with Nick is he still owes the fine that was part of his suspension. I don't think he wants to
pay that. Maybe UFC can kick in & take care of it.

He was on Opie Radio show I think yesterday. I listened to the replay today, he sounds like he wants to fight. But he also talks about how he hadn't had a vacation in like 15 years. So he looks at the suspension as a good thing.

Does he really wanna fight? Who knows, I guess he could always pay fine after they agree on a fight.
IDIAMINDADA wrote: