The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

yeahbuddy wrote:That was quick!
Hell of a shot delivered.
Loved after fight when Goldberg & Rogan were talking about
the women who could challenge Ronda and there wasn't one
mention of CYBORG. What a joke. Ronda is so above any other
woman in the UFC its not funny.
DC looked good, but he was fighting a tin can.
Joe Rogan can talk up any fighter, jesus!
Why would they mention Cyborg? She's not in the UFC. They aren't going to promote somebody in a different promotion. Same reason they don't mention Alvarez as a challenge for Pettis.

Ronda's standup did not look good. She got tagged multiple times by McMann who's not known for having good standup. I think Ronda is willing to take those shots just to get in the clinch to work her throws, but if Cyborg, who hits like a man, catches her, that fight will be over quick. She needs to work on hitting and not getting hit when going for the clinch.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Why would they mention Cyborg? She's not in the UFC.
Good point, I'm just saying.

But come on, there are no fights for her that are at the least bit challenging.
They say Cat Zigano is next in line, but the lady blew her knee out & hasn't fought in a year so that's a dead issue.

What's funny about Dana White is its well know he hates Tito Ortiz. He's called him every name in the book & doesn't take the guy serious, but uses the comment that Tito made about Cyborg would die if she cut to 135. What? All of a sudden Tito's words are golden?
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

So Gil is staying in the UFC, and is coaching the next season of ultimate fighter opposite Pettis. Gil's pretty much proving the number one rule of negotiations- be willing to walk away.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Go get her, Ronda! :wink:

Cris Cyborg Planning to Drop to 135 Pounds, Wants to “Retire” Rousey

After ages of posturing and Tito Ortiz-inspired idiocy, Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino has finally decided to drop to 135 pounds, with the goal of retiring UFC women’s bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey like she did to Strikeforce star Gina Carano in 2009.

Justino made the announcement on Inside MMA this past Friday. Here is her statement in full:

“In reference to Ronda’s statement that I am looking for a payday so that I can retire, you’re right, I am looking for a payday to retire you like I did Gina Carano. But to show it’s not only about money, I challenge you to a fight – winner takes all. Or better yet let’s fight for FREE. ANYTIME! ANYWHERE! Ask your daddy Dana to make it happen.

My English is not that great, so sorry if I was misunderstood. I didn’t literally mean I would die if I made 135. What I meant was that my doctor recommended that I did not fight the rest of my career at 135, which is what the UFC wanted.

You have fought 154 in the Olympics and 145 in MMA. You can meet me at 140 easier than for me to go down to 135. The only reason you want the fight at 135 is because you feel that is your only chance because you hope the weight cut will affect me. You guys say I’m irrelevant, yet watch my highlights. The true MMA fans not only know me, but know I’m the best. Sad that you give the true MMA fans no recognition by saying that they don’t matter.

I’m currently training to fight at 145 on March 28 and in early May. My team has hired a medical doctor to help me make 135. I plan to challenge and win the Invicta 135 Championship in the summer and challenge you, champion to champion, for your 135 belt in December.

Now I know critics will say “I thought you said you would die if you made 135.” All I’m promising is that I will give 100 percent to try to get to 135 to make this plan happen. If I do, I will still listen to my doctor’s advice and fight no more than three times at 135: first to win the Invicta belt, the second time to kick your ass and the third time to kick your ass again so that the world can see it wasn’t luck. You can even have me tested every week up to the fight. That way you will not have an excuse after I kick your ass.”

Hard words from a hard woman. One would imagine that Justino’s drop to 135 would inevitably result in the oft-speculated about match with Ronda Rousey. Justino herself certainly seems to think so. And even though she’s still under contract with Invicta FC, her manager doesn’t think that’ll be an issue if the UFC wants to put the biggest women’s fight of all time together.

So, Potato Nation, if Cyborg and Rousey do lock horns, who wins?

http://www.cagepotato.com/superfight-al ... 35-pounds/
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

Rousey, of course! :wink:
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

As others have said, Cyborg needs to fight a couple of times at
135 before getting the shot.
If & when they meet, who knows. All I know is when I watch Cyborg,
she wants to kill whoever she fights.
Ronda likes to maul her opponent, get the takedown, and go to work
on securing the arm bar. She tried getting McMann to the canvas
a couple of times, but McMann didn't go.

If Ronda gets hit by one of Cyborg's shots, she will go down.

All I know the hype behind this fight would be crazy. It would be
Rousey/Tate II x 10. I was there for the weigh in & fight, and it
was crazy. The tv broadcast didn't do the weigh in & fight any
justice in how loud & crazy it was.

Who the UFC needs to get in is Holly Holm.
That girl is bad ass.
Look her up on youtube. Not afraid to fight & has nasty kicks.
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

yeahbuddy wrote:As others have said, Cyborg needs to fight a couple of times at
135 before getting the shot.
If & when they meet, who knows. All I know is when I watch Cyborg,
she wants to kill whoever she fights.
Ronda likes to maul her opponent, get the takedown, and go to work
on securing the arm bar. She tried getting McMann to the canvas

All I know the hype behind this fight would be crazy. It would be
Rousey/Tate II x 10. I was there for the weigh in & fight, and it
was crazy. The tv broadcast didn't do the weigh in & fight any
justice in how loud & crazy it was.

Who the UFC needs to get in is Holly Holm.
That girl is bad ass.
Look her up on youtube. Not afraid to fight & has nasty kicks.
Thanks for this post dude. I am going to have to check her out.
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

The one thing I was going to mention about Ronda-

Everyone is saying "oh, she is going to go off to Hollywood & become
a movie star" Have you heard her talk? She has a terrible speaking voice, and she isn't that hot. Yeah, she has a part in the Entourage movie, but come on, what kind of parts is she going to play?
For her to be a mainstream actor isn't going to happen.

And the UFC needs to be searching the entire world of female mma fighters to get into the fold. Who they have now to fight Rousey is a joke, and I do not see ANY of the women coming close to beating her.
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

If, and thats a big IF, Cyborg can get to 135 in a healthy fashion, and get the fight with Rousey, Cyborg will crush her. Rousey has not had an opponent yet that comes anywhere near Cyborg on strength, stamina, footwork or power while in stand up. Cyborg is a whole different level of competition. Dana White would have already signed her if he had a stable of fighters worthy of fighting her...but he doesnt.

McMann was doing great until that "liver shot", looked more like a floating rib shot to me, hence McMann being able to recompose herself so quickly. Herb Dean stepped in and stopped that fight early...say what you want, but the UFC and Dana White are writing checks off the back of Rousey not getting beat! Look at Rouseys face after the fight...she was getting punched and couldnt get a takedown...she was struggling. Its not to say Rousey might have won later on, but at the same time, you cant say that stoppage was fair and correct, especially after the previous fight (Pyle vs Wahlburger?) where Herb Dean let it go on a few seconds longer than it should have...
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

BodyBagz wrote:If, and thats a big IF, Cyborg can get to 135 in a healthy fashion, and get the fight with Rousey, Cyborg will crush her. Rousey has not had an opponent yet that comes anywhere near Cyborg on strength, stamina, footwork or power while in stand up. Cyborg is a whole different level of competition. Dana White would have already signed her if he had a stable of fighters worthy of fighting her...but he doesnt.

McMann was doing great until that "liver shot", looked more like a floating rib shot to me, hence McMann being able to recompose herself so quickly. Herb Dean stepped in and stopped that fight early...say what you want, but the UFC and Dana White are writing checks off the back of Rousey not getting beat! Look at Rouseys face after the fight...she was getting punched and couldnt get a takedown...she was struggling. Its not to say Rousey might have won later on, but at the same time, you cant say that stoppage was fair and correct, especially after the previous fight (Pyle vs Wahlburger?) where Herb Dean let it go on a few seconds longer than it should have...
Yeah, McMann was just getting up when Dean stepped in & the shots Ronda was hitting her with were nothing shots.
McMann looked comfortable, maybe too comfortable, against the cage & that liver or rib shot jolted the shit out of her.
I loved when Ronda tried one of her patented hip tosses & she couldn't come anywhere close to getting it.
John Simon Ritchie

yeahbuddy wrote:Ronda likes to maul her opponent, get the takedown, and go to work on securing the arm bar. She tried getting McMann to the canvas

Yep. Thing is Ronda just rushes in with zero defense and eats shots to get ahold of her opponent (as evidenced again with McMann) Sooner or later one of those shots is gonna drop her.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
John Simon Ritchie

On the road to recovery...

Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

Don Frye stopping in on Inappropriate Earl!
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-ea ... 7-don-frye
and on Itunes for you Steve Jobs Nutswingers!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2

Thanks for the support so far!!
Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

^^^ That's awesome! I love him. The Frye / Takayama fight is one of my favorite events in sports history. It never gets old.
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

caroline wrote:^^^ That's awesome! I love him. The Frye / Takayama fight is one of my favorite events in sports history. It never gets old.
He was a great interview and just a very nice guy all around so it was a real honor to do this. Trying to get Josh Barnett on next!

Earl
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Earl Skakel wrote:
caroline wrote:^^^ That's awesome! I love him. The Frye / Takayama fight is one of my favorite events in sports history. It never gets old.
He was a great interview and just a very nice guy all around so it was a real honor to do this. Trying to get Josh Barnett on next!

Earl
You gonna lift some weights with the cat?
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

yeahbuddy wrote:
Earl Skakel wrote:

Earl
You gonna lift some weights with the cat?
Nah, the only person I'd lift with would be the CEO!! :D

Earl
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

So the NSAC announces that TRT is banned, Vitor says he will stop his TRT program but will not be ready by UFC 173, Lyoto now replaces him.

Intredasting.
John Simon Ritchie

slash4pres wrote:So the NSAC announces that TRT is banned, Vitor says he will stop his TRT program but will not be ready by UFC 173, Lyoto now replaces him.

Intredasting.
Was kinda bummed initially, but I dig The Dragon, so...all cool.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:
slash4pres wrote:So the NSAC announces that TRT is banned, Vitor says he will stop his TRT program but will not be ready by UFC 173, Lyoto now replaces him.

Intredasting.
Great!
Now we get to watch the Dragon counter punch for 5 rounds. That is until Weidman knocks him out. I hope Weidman knocks him into tomorrow. I can't stand Machida.
At least Belfort would have brought it.
Last edited by yeahbuddy on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Simon Ritchie

yeahbuddy wrote:

Intredasting.
Great!
Now we get to watch the Dragon counter punch for 5 rounds. That is until Weidman knocks him out. I hope Weidman knocks him into tomorrow. I can't Machida.
At least Belfort would have brought it.

Fair enough. I guess we shall see.
Or maybe Machida will fall and get injured entering the Octagon, or an anvil will drop on his head mid-fight. :P
I definitely would have preferred Vitor as well tho'. But glad it's Machida as opposed to some out of shape, last minute tomato can with no prayer.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

3 words-
The Stun Gun!
If you didn't see the ending, look it up.
The Stun Gun!
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

yeahbuddy wrote:The one thing I was going to mention about Ronda-

a movie star" Have you heard her talk? She has a terrible speaking voice, and she isn't that hot. Yeah, she has a part in the Entourage movie, but come on, what kind of parts is she going to play?

And the UFC needs to be searching the entire world of female mma fighters to get into the fold. Who they have now to fight Rousey is a joke, and I do not see ANY of the women coming close to beating her.

About Ronda's Hollywood endeavors... She's n expendables 3, the next fast n furious, entourage, and one other film. That's quite a bit more high profile than carano who did haywire (in which they dubbed someone else's voice over hers) and some direct to DVD movies. Will Ronda be a mainstream Jennifer Lawrence? Nooooo not by a long shot. She's done pretty good for herself after only being in mma for 2 years or so.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:The one thing I was going to mention about Ronda-

About Ronda's Hollywood endeavors... She's n expendables 3, the next fast n furious, entourage, and one other film. That's quite a bit more high profile than carano who did haywire (in which they dubbed someone else's voice over hers) and some direct to DVD movies. Will Ronda be a mainstream Jennifer Lawrence? Nooooo not by a long shot. She's done pretty good for herself after only being in mma for 2 years or so.
All true except in regards to Rousey & Carano, Ronda is the real deal & Carano was a pretty girl that could kind of fight. She got the hell out after the beating she took from Cyborg.
Expendables 3- what ufc fighter besides Frank Mir hasn't done one of those.
Will the next Fast N Furious even come out?
She talks as bad as Carano. Although there is no way they will do a voice over for her.
Sure, she will strike while the iron is hot, but to think she has a career as an actress, not going to happen.

I wonder what the big news Joe Rogan mentioned concerning Rousey's next fight is going to be. He says its a big deal. Hmmm, what do you think?
John Simon Ritchie

yeahbuddy wrote:I wonder what the big news Joe Rogan mentioned concerning Rousey's next fight is going to be. He says its a big deal. Hmmm, what do you think?
Another over-hyped tomato can? :P
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

yeahbuddy wrote:I wonder what the big news Joe Rogan mentioned concerning Rousey's next fight is going to be. He says its a big deal. Hmmm, what do you think?
Another over-hyped tomato can? :P
Probably. I love how Rogan can make any tomato can opponent into the
next great thing. The way he talked up that Cummins guy that fought
Cormier was embarrassing.
Speaking of Cormier- I'd rather see him fight Jones than Jones do a rematch
with the Swede.
UFC should do a Cormier vs Gustaffson fight, and winner fight Jones. That is if Gustaffson wins his next fight.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I used to think that Herb Dean was a great referee but from the fight where he called a stop to the fight and changed his mind....to the Pyle vs Waldberger fight that should have been a stopped minutes before Herb Dean woke up...the guy has no clue about MMA. Who is this idiot?
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

FullDJacket wrote:I used to think that Herb Dean was a great referee but from the fight where he called a stop to the fight and changed his mind....to the Pyle vs Waldberger fight that should have been a stopped minutes before Herb Dean woke up...the guy has no clue about MMA. Who is this idiot?
Like all the other refs, Dean has his good days & bad days. Although I noticed that other refs get the shit knocked out of them for a couple
of bad calls, Dean gets a pass.

Yeah, he let Waldberger get beaten to a pulp, while the half a second McMann didn't defend herself (she was getting up) he stepped in. Rousey has no ground & pound so those shots at McMann were pitter patter shots.

Change of subject- anybody subscribe to the UFC.tv Fight Pass?
I do. I think its cool. There are lots of fights I haven't seen or want
to see again. 10 bucks a month is nothing, & to watch the live fights
is a bonus as well.

My only problem is the length of time it takes for the ppvs to be posted.
168 Weidman/Silva fight is still not there & that was two months ago.

Speaking of watching fight again- I always thought Edgar won his fight against Henderson. Nah, he got his ass handed to him.
Funny how at one time Frankie Edgar was known as the greatest pound for pound fighter. Now? Not even a blip on the radar.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

most embarrassing moment in the ufc in 2014

Gustafsson almost kills himself trying to do a somersault

yeahbuddy: dont you remember the fight where Herb D waved his hand to stop the fight then changed his mind...i Think it was a champ-fight
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Who's watching tonight? Solid card. I'd like to see lawler win. With Johnny having weight issues curious to see if he gasses early. Hoping condit kos woodley ... Woodley is going to use wrestling cuz he isn going to want to stand in the condit striking range... He'll get torn up. I'm torn on the shields Lombard fight. Shields is boring but seems like a good dude. Lombard has a rep as being a dick to people he trains with. Should be fun night
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman