The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by tin00can »

I'm still learning the fighters in UFC, but I dig Koschek. It might just be the hair, who knows. He looks legit and I enjoy watching him fight. I have him down for a win tomorrow.

Man, UFC has to be setting up for a St. Pierre/Silva fight towards the end of the year. That would be huge.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

tin00can wrote:I'm still learning the fighters in UFC, but I dig Koschek. It might just be the hair, who knows. He looks legit and I enjoy watching him fight. I have him down for a win tomorrow.

Man, UFC has to be setting up for a St. Pierre/Silva fight towards the end of the year. That would be huge.
I think they should drag that fight out for a while, get Silva to fight the winner of hendo/franklin and GSP a title defence after Alves
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

People will bitch about this card because of a real lack of a main event, but I think its great, minus the given win for KOS, great matchmaking top to bottom. A lot of great fighters wins away from title shots on here, its exiting and its fucking free.
Not mention in Canada its live at 12 so fuuuuck yeah

Joe Stevenson Vs. Diego Sanchez
Diego has been fucked every time he has fought a better wreslter then him, unless Stevenson catches him in a gullitine, thats what the fight comes down to. Im a big Diego fan and his crazy shit he does is awsome
Diego, dec

Dan Hardy Vs. Rory Markham
Don't know either of these guys.
I still dont think Dan hardy beat Gono, but he seems legit anbd is a good striker that trains with Paul Daley (one of the best strikers at WW) Markham had in my opinion, the KO of last year
He also is an IFL veteran.
It seems as if the UFC wants hardy to be the next British star but I have Markham with a hard fought sluggin fight leading to KO

Nate Marquardt Vs. Wilson Gouveia
Except MAYBE in BJJ I have Nate beating Gouveia in every aspect of the fight, Gouveia is great fighter, but Nate is elite.
Nate "the great" with a second round KO or GNP TKO

Demian Maia Vs. Chael Sonnen
After Sonnens joke of a preformance against a mentally fucked up Paulo Fihlo, and Maia having BJJ as fluid as water lets keep the streak going
Maia, second round sub

Josh Koscheck Vs. Paulo Thiago
KOS, I mean what to say, not exactly found of the dude, but hes a fucking machine. His big headed ignorance lost him the alves fight, should have made it a dirty grimy decision, but wnated to be an elite striker. He says he wants to fight five times this year, I say give him two fights after this, then give the man a title shot. I know it sounds stupid being on his fight with GSP, if he trains wreslting, he is the that can fight at GSPs pace and stop GSP from choosing where the fight goes.
All this said I havent seen Paulo fight, he record says he is a BJJ guy winning by subs
KOS, first round KO

Terry Etim Vs. Brian Cobb
Ill agree with sherdog and say Cobb, Cobb is a wreslter so he will out wrestle the brit, 95% of europeans have poo wrestling
Cobb by boring dec

Junior Dos Santos Vs. Stefan Struve
THIS.MATCHUP.IS.AWSOME.
Minataro's HW understudy, who is coming off a brutal KO of former top 10 HW werdum, Struve is a Schilt sized mother fucker with most of his wins of subs, yet he is from the land of Kickboxing, so you know his striking is in tact. Struve is young and both guys have a good future in the UFC, win or loose struve will probaly fight in Germany
Ill go with Dos Santos with a KO, just cause I dont know what the fuck will happen

Mike Ciesnolevicz Vs. Neil Grove
Two Karate guys, sweet.
Grove is a huge mother fucker so ill say him, KO

Per Eklund Vs. Evan Dunham
Eklund has the experance
Eklund dec

Paul Kelly Vs. Troy Mandaloniz
Paul Kelly is fun scrapper two watch eh, I never watched TUF 6 so I didnt even know who the fuck Mandaloniz was until today
Kelly, dec
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by nakedmadman »

KillDevilHill wrote:
tin00can wrote:I'm still learning the fighters in UFC, but I dig Koschek. It might just be the hair, who knows. He looks legit and I enjoy watching him fight. I have him down for a win tomorrow.

I think they should drag that fight out for a while, get Silva to fight the winner of hendo/franklin and GSP a title defence after Alves
Nah, it's time for some fresh blood. If you're not going to throw GSP in to Silva, feed him someone like Bisbing, Okimi, Griffin, Tiago Silva, Brandon Vera, or one I'd LOVE to see, Anderson Silva Vs. Rashad Evans, just because I'd love to see Evans get KTFO'd.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

KillDevilHill wrote: Paul Kelly Vs. Troy Mandaloniz
Paul Kelly is fun scrapper two watch eh, I never watched TUF 6 so I didnt even know who the fuck Mandaloniz was until today
Kelly, dec
Aside from TUF 6, Mandaloniz' one claim to fame is training in Hawaii with B.J. Penn, but how the fuck you can train with B.J. and have ABSOLOUTELY ZERO BJJ/mat skills is beyond me.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

SPOILER ALERT

Man these fans fucking SUCK, I mean its like all the bad things of the american and Japanese fans put together. Decent night of fights.
Poor KOS, he is years away from a title shot now. Maia is just destorying, so awsome, Dos Santos man he is really building a big name for him self, Nate should fight Yushin Okami for a title shot fight he was not that impressive and Hendo/Bisping get Silva next, Good showing by the Brit fighters Etim and Kelly, SICK knockout by the newcomer did not see that coming.

Maybe I have Rogans balls in my mouth but I agree that Stevenson needs to switch shit up, he seemed to be the wreslter, why not go for a take down? Learn some thai boxing man, add somthing you diego.

Sanchez that crazy bastard minus the jesus shit I love that guy, striking he look great, I think sherk would be a bad matchup for him, as would a tyson girffin. Everyone else would make a great fight.

All and all good card, lots of fights thrown in all around, dont know if you guys will get as many cause spike will have a bunch of dumb promos thrown in.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Meh, whatever we don't get to see the first time around, Spike will re-re-re-re-re-repeat on UFC Unleashed for the next several years.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Man, Kos just walked into those two punches. Bad luck.

Sanchez won the fight, but neither guy was particularly impressive.

Looking forward to Rampage jacking Jardine.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Sanchez didn't impress. Florian looks better at 155

Kos better find a new camp...soon.

Markham flat out got CRACKED.

Marquardt looked good, but he's still no match for the Spider.

Dos Santos looked good, but against Struve it'd be hard not to.

Ciesnolevicz laid a NASTY heel hook on Grove. Huge or not, when the knee pops, it's over.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

nakedmadman wrote:
Dos Santos looked good, but against Struve it'd be hard not to.
Ah dude have you ever seen Struve in any fight other then that
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Well lets get some non UFC news up in DIS BITCH (some of these are rumors so dont take it my word

Start out with the Japanese orgs
DREAM.7
(get it, FEATHERweight
So far, the announced bouts include -

-Atsushi Yamamoto vs. Masakazu Imanari(nice fight)
-Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Kim Jong Won
-Yoshiro Maeda vs. Micah Miller
-Chase Beebe vs. Joe Warren
-Takafumi Otsuka vs. Bibiano Fernandes
-Akiyo Nishiura vs. Abel Cullum
(With Kid Yamamoto to get a bye to the next round due to his knee)
And in non-tournament bouts,

-Shinya Aoki vs. David Gardner
-Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Daisuke Nakamura(sick fight)
-Melvin Manhoef vs. TBA

Dream 8
Welterweight tourny
Ikuhisa Minowa vs. TBA
Welterweight grand prix participants: Shinya Aoki, Hayato "Mach" Sakurai and Seichi Ikemoto/Hidetaka Monma winner

Then we have the copy cats at World Victory Road
With "Sengoku Seventh Battle"
Ryo Kawamura vs. Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal
James Thompson vs. Jim York (dont think this fight will happen any more)
Featherweight tournament (first round) participants: Hideki Kadowaki, Nam Phan, L.C. Davis, Matt Jaggers, Hatsu Hioki, Masanori Kanehara, Tetsuya Yamada, Marlon Sandro, Ronnie Ushiwaka, Chris Manuel, Nick Denis, Jung Chan Sung, Seiya Kawahara, Shintaro Ishiwatari and Michihiro Omigawa.

Last but not least the Strikeforce card is shaping up to be pretty decent. Now I dont think these guys are goig toe to toe with the UFC any time soon. But thats the point, there not going to try to, good American MMA, places for fighters to fight.
And there not crooks

Nick Diaz vs. Frank Shamrock
Champ Josh Thomson vs. Gilbert Melendez (for Strikeforce lightweight title)
Joe Riggs vs. Jake Shields
Benji Radach vs. Scott Smith
Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos vs. TBA

^^^^^
Better then your average UFC fight night
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Well because TSN does not give a shit about MMA, was not able to watch the WEC tonight.

I did Catch Brown/Garcia after the fact and damn

I still think Faber fucked up hard in their fight, but man after seeing Brown just fucking drop Garcia and just dominate him after, really solidifys how legit brown is.

I mean fuck, I would take over brown, and I might have to take him over Faber again.

hope the WEC sets Faber/Brown 2 next
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

KillDevilHill wrote:Well because TSN does not give a shit about MMA, was not able to watch the WEC tonight.

I did Catch Brown/Garcia after the fact and damn

I still think Faber fucked up hard in their fight, but man after seeing Brown just fucking drop Garcia and just dominate him after, really solidifys how legit brown is.

I mean fuck, I would take over brown, and I might have to take him over Faber again.

hope the WEC sets Faber/Brown 2 next

I was talking to my dad about the same thing while we watched this. After this fight Brown is definitely legit - he destroyed Garcia with that punch, and he is one of the fastest follow-up guys I've ever seen. When he knocks somebody down he is RIGHT on top of them. Faber is the big draw for the WEC, so it only makes sense for a rematch soon.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Rumored card for UFC 98

Champ Brock Lesnar vs. interim champ Frank Mir (heavyweight title unification)
Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra
Frank Edgar vs. Sean Sherk
Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Wilson
Kyle Bradley vs. Phillipe Nover
James Irvin vs. Drew McFedries
Brandon Wolff vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
Houston Alexander vs. Andre Gusmao
Pat Barry vs. Tim Hague
David Kaplan vs. George Roop

According to MMA junkie and Yahoo, the only fight confirmed so far by the UFC is the Lesnar/Mir bout.

linkage:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

nakedmadman wrote:Rumored card for UFC 98

Pat Barry vs. Tim Hague

According to MMA junkie and Yahoo, the only fight confirmed so far by the UFC is the Lesnar/Mir bout.

linkage:
Throw in Yushin Okami vs Dan Miller and thats the entire card.

The UFC announced the whole main card though dude.

97, 98, 99 are all looking to be really good cards (not exactly sure how great 99 will be) good way to lead up to 100

Also Diego Sanchez is taking on Clay Guida on the TUF 9 final. If BJ is still holding the strap or not I bet the winner will get a title shot. Anthony Jonshon is also fighting on the card, trying to make a big night out of that one
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

KillDevilHill wrote:
nakedmadman wrote:Rumored card for UFC 98

Pat Barry vs. Tim Hague

linkage:
Throw in Yushin Okami vs Dan Miller and thats the entire card.

The UFC announced the whole main card though dude.

97, 98, 99 are all looking to be really good cards (not exactly sure how great 99 will be) good way to lead up to 100

Also Diego Sanchez is taking on Clay Guida on the TUF 9 final. If BJ is still holding the strap or not I bet the winner will get a title shot. Anthony Jonshon is also fighting on the card, trying to make a big night out of that one
Yeah, well... That's what I get for NOT double checking with UFC's website behind a Yahoo article. Oh well...

I'll be interested to see how Sanchez handles Guida. Clay's a little fireplug. You just can't stop him. If Guida can avoid the knockout punch in the first round, he might out cardio Diego later in the fight and win a decision.
Anthony Johnson's still a fucking monster. If that kid gets on a serious roll he's a danger to anyone at 170.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Lesnar vs. Mir is off, Mir has a back injury and might need surgery.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Lesnar vs. Mir is off, Mir has a back injury and might need surgery.
HMMMMMMMM

The winner of Carwin/Gonzaga might be up for a title fight sooner then ones thought.
SlayerNPG
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SlayerNPG »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Lesnar vs. Mir is off, Mir has a back injury and might need surgery.
Fucking scumbags man, I bought tickets yesterday for the fight since they advertised it and all, one day later it's off, un fucking real.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Bum deal. I know a lot of "troo" MMA fans dismiss Lesnar as a phoney, a WWE wrestler and just a big guy who'd get owned by a BJJ master like Big Nog or even Mir. I was really looking forward to that rematch. I honestly believe Brock would have dominated Mir the same way he was in the first match, only this time finishing the deal, instead of getting too wound up and smacking Mir in the back of the head.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Artie Lange had a great line about this.

"Ya know mixed martial arts is the only sport where a guy's ass can be jammed in your face, but you're still winning."
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

nakedmadman wrote:Bum deal. I know a lot of "troo" MMA fans dismiss Lesnar as a phoney, a WWE wrestler and just a big guy who'd get owned by a BJJ master like Big Nog or even Mir. I was really looking forward to that rematch. I honestly believe Brock would have dominated Mir the same way he was in the first match, only this time finishing the deal, instead of getting too wound up and smacking Mir in the back of the head.

In his first fight with Mir, Lesnar learned pretty quickly that size alone won't win the fights for him. He's steadily improved since then. He is insanely quick for a guy his size. I don't think anyone will be able to beat him until they get someone within 10 pounds of his actual weight - he is just too quick and strong.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

johnk5150 wrote:Artie Lange had a great line about this.

"Ya know mixed martial arts is the only sport where a guy's ass can be jammed in your face, but you're still winning."
Artie lange is also a fat fuck junkie
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Looks like Mir/Lesnar might be back on!

COLUMBUS, Ohio – The heavyweight title unification bout between champion Brock Lesnar and interim champ Frank Mir at UFC 98 on May 23 remains on despite arthroscopic surgery performed on Mir’s right knee earlier this week.

Fiveouncesofpain.com initially reported Friday that the bout was off because of a back injury sustained by Mir. It later corrected that to say it was a knee injury. And then MMAWeekly.com reported Mir had knee surgery.

UFC president Dana White said after the weigh-in for UFC 96 at the Nationwide Arena that he knew nothing of an injury by Mir. Mir and manager Dean Albrecht did not return messages.

“I don’t know anything about it, so I honestly couldn’t tell you anything about it,” White said of Mir’s injury and the report that the fight was off. “I’m not too worried about it now. If that were the situation, I’d know about it. I honestly don’t know right now. I haven’t talked to Frank and I haven’t talked to Lesnar and if that’s the situation, I’m not going to make any statements until I talk to everybody.”

But a source in Las Vegas close to Mir said his knee began swelling excessively last week after a workout. After an examination, Mir had arthroscopic surgery to “clean up” the knee.

Mir won the interim title from Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 92 in December despite a training camp that was filled with injuries. Mir’s back was bothering him and he received frequent treatment on it in an attempt to enable him to compete.

An alternative would be to push the title bout back to UFC 100 on July 11 in Las Vegas, but White said because he had no information, he couldn’t comment.
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

That was a thoroughly unimpressive victory by Rampage. He needs to step it up or he's gonna lose big-time to Evans.

Other than that, not a lot to note from this one. Yves Lavigne really screwed the pooch on the Brown fight.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

tin00can wrote:
nakedmadman wrote:Bum deal. I know a lot of "troo" MMA fans dismiss Lesnar as a phoney, a WWE wrestler and just a big guy who'd get owned by a BJJ master like Big Nog or even Mir. I was really looking forward to that rematch. I honestly believe Brock would have dominated Mir the same way he was in the first match, only this time finishing the deal, instead of getting too wound up and smacking Mir in the back of the head.

In his first fight with Mir, Lesnar learned pretty quickly that size alone won't win the fights for him. He's steadily improved since then. He is insanely quick for a guy his size. I don't think anyone will be able to beat him until they get someone within 10 pounds of his actual weight - he is just too quick and strong.
Fedor only weighs around 230lbs
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Rampage will be fighting Evans at 98, pretty quick turn around for Rampage for a title fight. Mir/Lesnar is gonna be on UFC 100 now. I think Lyoto Machida is really getting fucked. He deserves the title shot more than Rampage IMO, but since a lot of people think he is boring/not marketable he is getting pushed back. He's gonna either have to take a long layoff or fight a can in the meantime.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Rampage will be fighting Evans at 98, pretty quick turn around for Rampage for a title fight. Mir/Lesnar is gonna be on UFC 100 now. I think Lyoto Machida is really getting fucked. He deserves the title shot more than Rampage IMO, but since a lot of people think he is boring/not marketable he is getting pushed back. He's gonna either have to take a long layoff or fight a can in the meantime.

Machada impressed the hell outta me in his last fight. He owned Silva. I agree, he should be getting the title shot instead of Rampage; not only does he deserve it, but it would be a better fight.
Lopes
Picking a Band Name

Post by Lopes »

"Hello Japan."

Goodnight Japan. Classic.

WAR BUNDY!