The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by yeahbuddy »

Dana White says Jon Jones gets an immediate shot at title when he returns.
Is the light heavyweight division a mess or what?
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Anyone watch 208 last night?

That was painful. I was actually looking forward to the main event, and that was such a bust!
Anytime Holly charged in, GDR countered her. And the fights I can't stand to watch the most are the fights
like last night when Holly gets GDR against the cage, and just pins her there with not much action
going on. Yeah, there's some knees going on, but for the most part nothing much is happening. Yeah, I get
trying to zap your opponent's energy, but for 5 rounds? Forget about it! And that sound Holly makes before
she throws a punch or kick is annoying.

The 3 guys calling the fight didn't work at all. Don't think Cormier needs to be there. And it seems the only
thing Anik was there for was to say "coming up next month is...." or "opening this Friday is the movie.....".

I laughed when Silva was called the winner. I'm glad he won, but he didn't win that fight. And Brunson was fighting
so tentative. Its like he was intimidated by the mystique and legend of Anderson.

The only fight on the entire card that was worth a damn was the Miller/Porier fight. Other than that, I am glad
I had some money in my Paypal account. I ended up paying I think 9 bucks for it.

Can't wait for 209!!

Oh yeah, did you see the prelims & the one fighter call out for a Mayweather fight? That was the best part of the night.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:Anyone watch 208 last night?

That was painful. I was actually looking forward to the main event, and that was such a bust!
Anytime Holly charged in, GDR countered her. And the fights I can't stand to watch the most are the fights
like last night when Holly gets GDR against the cage, and just pins her there with not much action
going on. Yeah, there's some knees going on, but for the most part nothing much is happening. Yeah, I get
trying to zap your opponent's energy, but for 5 rounds? Forget about it! And that sound Holly makes before

The 3 guys calling the fight didn't work at all. Don't think Cormier needs to be there. And it seems the only
thing Anik was there for was to say "coming up next month is...." or "opening this Friday is the movie.....".

I laughed when Silva was called the winner. I'm glad he won, but he didn't win that fight. And Brunson was fighting
so tentative. Its like he was intimidated by the mystique and legend of Anderson.

The only fight on the entire card that was worth a damn was the Miller/Porier fight. Other than that, I am glad
I had some money in my Paypal account. I ended up paying I think 9 bucks for it.

Can't wait for 209!!

Oh yeah, did you see the prelims & the one fighter call out for a Mayweather fight? That was the best part of the night.

Perfectly said. Only want to add the two after the bell strikes in the Holm fight. That ref should be wiping homeless ass in the subway for eternity.

P.s. Cyborg is gonna murder that broad inside of 2 minutes.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

burt1098 wrote:

Can't wait for 209!!

Perfectly said. Only want to add the two after the bell strikes in the Holm fight. That ref should be wiping homeless ass in the subway for eternity.

Reading on other mma sites- a lot of comments that GDR is a dirty fighter. I truly believe she is not, but those were the only times there was any separation between
the two, and she unloaded out of instinct & frustration. Of course its not right or legal to do that, but as she said in her post fight interview she came to brawl, and HH did not.

Funny how all the lead up before 208 GDR was saying "this is my one shot.... when the UFC calls you take that fight... this is going to be a fight to be remembered" etc
etc, but after fight when a Cyborg fight is mentioned her response was "well, my hand needs surgery, so I am going to have to take some time off blah blah blah". What?!?

Today I read GDR wants to do a rematch with HH. Shiiiiiiiiiiit! If so, make it a Fight Pass main event. That fight stunk!!

Looks like Holly is turning out to be the Buster Douglass of the UFC.

Love that Cyborg was in the audience. And yes, I agree with you 100000000%, Cyborg is going to murder GDR. There's the issue with her testing dirty, but it looks like she
will get a pass. I'm thinking she didn't cheat. That whatever she did was legit because when the story first broke Cyborg and her team handled it in a way that they knew
what they were doing and there was nothing illegal going on. At least I hope that's what happened. I'm a big Cyborg fan, and love to see her fight.

Good news- It looks like Joanna Champion and Jessica Andrade will be getting it on in May. That's going to be a fight! Would love to see an all women's card. That fight, Cyborg
vs GDR, and other ladies banging away.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Can't wait for 209!!

Yeah I watched it. And yeah, a weak card.

Best fight was Miller/Porier. I don't think Miller realised how much he had hurt porier in the leg, because he kept taking it to the ground. Poirer could hardly stand.

Glover was very tentative. Just wanted to get the win so played it safe. I thought the ref stood up them too soon at one point. When Glover was going for full mount.
But he needed the victory.

Jacare Souza did what everyone thought. Tim Boetsch is a decent and dangerous fighter, but this was an inevitable fight result.

I couldn't beleive SIlva won the fight. He hardly did anything. One judge scored it 30-27! :shock: Brunson didn't really 'win' the fight, but he didn't lose, and he did most of the striking/damage/ Poor fight. I thought Silva was going to announce his retirement after the fight.

The ref absolutely sucked for the main event. Two rounds in a row when de Randamie hit after the bell. How no points were deducted was ridiculous.
Last edited by pieceofme on Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

burt1098 wrote:

Can't wait for 209!!

Agreed.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:
burt1098 wrote:

Can't wait for 209!!

Reading on other mma sites- a lot of comments that GDR is a dirty fighter. I truly believe she is not, but those were the only times there was any separation between
the two, and she unloaded out of instinct & frustration. Of course its not right or legal to do that, but as she said in her post fight interview she came to brawl, and HH did not.
HH came to fight. GDR came to counter strike. Did she initiate anything? Everything she did was a counter attack. GDR should have been decucted points two rounds in a row. Joke refs, and judges at this event. Me and my friends were shocked when GDR said she came to brawl. No, she really didn't.

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:
burt1098 wrote:

HH came to fight. GDR came to counter strike. Did she initiate anything? Everything she did was a counter attack. GDR should have been decucted points two rounds in a row. Joke refs, and judges at this event. Me and my friends were shocked when GDR said she came to brawl. No, she really didn't.
Came to counterstrike?
Once she figured out HH's weak game plan, that's all she had to do. Look at the one side of HH's face, and that tells you how successful her counter striking was. And pinning your opponent against the cage & doing absolutely nothing isn't much of anything either. She kept trying to get the take down round after round, and it never happened. When does a fight finally give up on something that isn't working? GDR got the best of the exchanges with knees against the cage.
Points being deducted- yeah, but it didn't happen. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Many are saying NY refs shouldn't ref the championship fights because of the mma ban, they have no experience doing so. I don't know much about that. Maybe somebody here can elaborate on that.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:
Came to counterstrike?
Once she figured out HH's weak game plan, that's all she had to do. Look at the one side of HH's face, and that tells you how successful her counter striking was. And pinning your opponent against the cage & doing absolutely nothing isn't much of anything either. She kept trying to get the take down round after round, and it never happened. When does a fight finally give up on something that isn't working? GDR got the best of the exchanges with knees against the cage.
Points being deducted- yeah, but it didn't happen. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Many are saying NY refs shouldn't ref the championship fights because of the mma ban, they have no experience doing so. I don't know much about that. Maybe somebody here can elaborate on that.
The counterstrikes worked out really well for he. But she didn't come to brawl.

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Bisping vs. St.Pierre is official!

Really happy for Bisping. He's been a company man for years, and paid his dues. He beats Luke Rockhold which no one expected. Hell, even his son reckoned Rockhold would win!

And he's not getting any younger. I can't blame him for waiting for this fight.

This weekends card looks really good. Unfortunately, I think Woodley will win. :x

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:Bisping vs. St.Pierre is official!

Really happy for Bisping. He's been a company man for years, and paid his dues. He beats Luke Rockhold which no one expected. Hell, even his son reckoned Rockhold would win!

And he's not getting any younger. I can't blame him for waiting for this fight.

This weekends card looks really good. Unfortunately, I think Woodley will win. :x
I'm with you on Bisping. When I read the comments on mma sites so many people bang on him & say he is ducking Romero etc etc etc. He has fought anyone & everyone the
UFC has put in front of him.
If anyone deserves a big pay day its him, and he will get that with GSP.
Wonderboy said the one thing that surprised him about Woodley is how strong he is. Hopefully he makes the adjustments & takes the win.
I can't stand Woodley. The guy has to be the biggest cry baby, poor sport champion the UFC has ever had.
Can't wait for the Ferguson fight!
Drunken Little Elf
Recording Your Demo

Post by Drunken Little Elf »

yeahbuddy wrote: I can't stand Woodley. The guy has to be the biggest cry baby, poor sport champion the UFC has ever had.
I guess we can thank Conner and/or the new owners for that. He picks and chooses his fights and for whatever reason Woodley and Bisping feel they can do the same. I absolutely loathe all 3 but at least Connor generates money so I see why he gets to call some of the shots.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Drunken Little Elf wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote: I can't stand Woodley. The guy has to be the biggest cry baby, poor sport champion the UFC has ever had.
I guess we can thank Conner and/or the new owners for that. He picks and chooses his fights and for whatever reason Woodley and Bisping feel they can do the same. I absolutely loathe all 3 but at least Connor generates money so I see why he gets to call some of the shots.
Yeah,
you got that right. Funny how so many fighters try to do what Conor is doing, but don't come close at all to the juice Conor has. Everybody regardless of division wants to fight the guy. They know its a major pay day when they do.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson fight called off.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

yeahbuddy wrote:Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson fight called off.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had s feeling yesterday khabib wasn't going to make it. Looked bad in interviews. Fuck.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson fight called off.
I had s feeling yesterday khabib wasn't going to make it. Looked bad in interviews. Fuck.
If you watched one of the Embedded episodes Ferguson mockingly asks him how his weight cut is going.
Michael Johnson might step in. If so, I buy ppv. If not, I do not.
From what I read they first reached out to Nate Diaz, but he was too heavy.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Man, this sucks. :x

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

What about Darren Elkins?
What a come back! I was cheering for the guy.
I loved Rogan's comment about how Elkins likes to take the fight into deep waters, and Elkins breathes underwater.
Great stuff!!
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

yeahbuddy wrote: I loved Rogan's comment about how Elkins likes to take the fight into deep waters, and Elkins breathes underwater.
Great stuff!!
I'm sick of Rogan. He's a little comedian who is always pretending he has a backround in MMA.

He's in love with Wonderboy and was hyping him throughout those 4 boring rounds.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

FullDJacket wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote: I loved Rogan's comment about how Elkins likes to take the fight into deep waters, and Elkins breathes underwater.
Great stuff!!
I'm sick of Rogan. He's a little comedian who is always pretending he has a backround in MMA.

He's in love with Wonderboy and was hyping him throughout those 4 boring rounds.
Rogan is a lifelong martial artist. Competed in tae kwon do and is a ju jitsu black belt.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
FullDJacket wrote:
Great stuff!!

Rogan is a lifelong martial artist. Competed in tae kwon do and is a ju jitsu black belt.
Riiighhht....you can buy a ju jitsu black belt at Walmart....and as for his takewondo he needs to prove that. As far as I know he never did.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

FullDJacket wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:
FullDJacket wrote: I'm sick of Rogan. He's a little comedian who is always pretending he has a backround in MMA.

Riiighhht....you can buy a ju jitsu black belt at Walmart....and as for his takewondo he needs to prove that. As far as I know he never did.
YouTube is your friend... you can find video of him there
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Well, lets all hope there is not a Woodley vs. Wonderboy 3!

Who gets the title shot in Welterweight now? Surely it should be Maia. But he's booked to fight Masvidal!

Really, it should have been Woodley vs. Maia for the title. And Wonderboy vs. Masvidal!

Welterweight looking not so great anymore.

Woodley is a chump.
Rory left UFC.

Lawler went through some wars, but got destroyed by Woodley in that first round.
Hendricks gone up a division.

Carlos Condt might be retiring.

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:Well, lets all hope there is not a Woodley vs. Wonderboy 3!

Who gets the title shot in Welterweight now? Surely it should be Maia. But he's booked to fight Masvidal!

Really, it should have been Woodley vs. Maia for the title. And Wonderboy vs. Masvidal!

Welterweight looking not so great anymore.

Woodley is a chump.
Rory left UFC.

Lawler went through some wars, but got destroyed by Woodley in that first round.
Hendricks gone up a division.

Carlos Condt might be retiring.
You are so right about the Welterweight division.
2 years ago it was the hottest division. Today not so much.
Light heavyweight division is a mess as well.

In other news-
She's back-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiSaBPLEA2A

And in more news-
211 is becoming quite the card.
Hopefully the injury bug doesn't hit.
Can't wait for the Joanna Champion vs Andrade fight. Ahhh, that's going to be sick!
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Frankie Edgar vs yair Rodriguez just announced for 211 Great match up
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Frankie Edgar vs yair Rodriguez just announced for 211 Great match up

UFC 211 is a great card whether Werdum/Rothwell happens or not.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Frankie Edgar vs yair Rodriguez just announced for 211 Great match up
Yeah, I made my comment after the Edgar/Yair fight was announced.

My guess is the UFC brass is worried 210 is going to bomb because I received a 10% off the ppv if I took a dopey
online survey. If I can save a buck or two on ppv I do it.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Kelvin destroyed vitor, this kid is crazy talented but needs to get back to welterweight. He's way too small for middleweight.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Kelvin destroyed vitor, this kid is crazy talented but needs to get back to welterweight. He's way too small for middleweight.
Vitor is done. Hasn't looked the same since he can't do testosterone.

Like Bisping's suggestion of Silva vs. Belfort in Rio, then both retire UFC afterwards.

burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

That Corriea chick is horrible looking. She looks like if Wanderlei Silva and Cyborg had a kid horrible. And I don't mean Chris Cyborg.

Really good fights last night. Better than last ppv.
IDIAMINDADA wrote: