The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

USADA fucked TRT Belfort's game up. He may be on his way to Bellator. That's a shame. I remember watching his debut at UFC 12 in '97. He really was a Phenom, then.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Anyone watching UFC or Lomachenko fight tonight?

Cormier/ Johnson
I have a feeling Johnson is going to KO Cormier. I do want to see Johnson fight Bones, but have a feeling if Johnson loses tonight, Bones will avoid fighting him.

Weidman/ Mousasi
I want Weidman to win. Taking on Mousasi after 2 fights getting KTFO is not a good idea, IMO. Im' not sure what's going on with Weidman lately...he was doing well in both those fights and then made two huge blunders. His in fight IQ has seemed to drop.

Alves/ Cote
This should be entertaining. I think Cote takes it.

Brooks/ Oliveira
I don't think Brooks has what it takes to get to the highest levels in LW...way too competitive. This fight is winnable for him, but just don't see him taking it.

Dont care for the rest of the card.

Lomachenko should cruise tonight.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Anyone watching UFC or Lomachenko fight tonight?

Cormier/ Johnson
I have a feeling Johnson is going to KO Cormier. I do want to see Johnson fight Bones, but have a feeling if Johnson loses tonight, Bones will avoid fighting him.

Weidman/ Mousasi
I want Weidman to win. Taking on Mousasi after 2 fights getting KTFO is not a good idea, IMO. Im' not sure what's going on with Weidman lately...he was doing well in both those fights and then made two huge blunders. His in fight IQ has seemed to drop.

Alves/ Cote

Brooks/ Oliveira
I don't think Brooks has what it takes to get to the highest levels in LW...way too competitive. This fight is winnable for him, but just don't see him taking it.

Yeah, I'll be watching it. I agree with your comments.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

FoxSports 2 on the tv, chores done...dogs have been fed and been outside, beers in fridge, in recliner typing this, friends and some family members in route. Will order pizzas and clean the lenses of my glasses in a few.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:Anyone watching UFC or Lomachenko fight tonight?

Cormier/ Johnson

Weidman/ Mousasi

Alves/ Cote

Brooks/ Oliveira

Yeah, I'll be watching it. I agree with your comments.
I will be watching as well. It has the makings of an entertaining card.

Total intrigue for the Cormier/Johnson fight. If Cormier can handle the initial storm of Johnson, he should be able to do what he did last fight.
After yesterday's weigh in drama, it should be interesting.

Yeah, Weidman. At this point, I don't know what to make of the guy. Keep in mind his run to the top was fighting a number of fighters that were on the downside of being one of the elite (Silva, Belfort, Machida).

Looking forward to the girl fight. Both those ladies love to bang. Looked up on youtube Gonzalez (breast implants) and she likes to fight. There's a reason their fight was put 3rd from the top.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

What a crazy night of fights...

I was wondering what the hell Rumble was doing trying to grapple Cormier. With his after fight comments, it makes sense. He just didn't want to get hit. Was really hoping to see Rumble fight Jones, but it seems like it won't happen. For Cormier, he needs to be considered top 2 p4p fighter. I don't know why UFC never mentions him. Cormier has beaten the best (outside of Jones) in the HW and LHW divisions. OK just checked their rankings and they have him at 3 behind Mighty Mouse( who is rightful no. 1) and McGregor. I'm sorry but Cormier's record is more impressive than MicG. McG has not defended a UFC title, not once.

Weidman got royally fucked by Mirigliotta. Right or wrong, Mirigliotta paused the fight for what he thought were illegal knees. Weidman didn't stop the fight. The ref's decision in cage should have been followed through. Then, use this fight as evidence in future for evidence for replay. McCarthy telling Mirigliotta, after watching replay, that knees were legal should not have been a factor as NY does not permit replay. If anything, the fight should have been restarted in same position. You can't change the rules midfight.

The Gonzalez Calvilo fight was fun. Both girls brought a lot of energy. Calvilo has a great ground game. She's like a anaconda.

Brooks, as I posited earlier, just does not have what it takes to get to the higher levels of the LW division. UFC LW division is a shark tank from 20 to 1.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:What a crazy night of fights...

I was wondering what the hell Rumble was doing trying to grapple Cormier. With his after fight comments, it makes sense. He just didn't want to get hit. Was really hoping to see Rumble fight Jones, but it seems like it won't happen. For Cormier, he needs to be considered top 2 p4p fighter. I don't know why UFC never mentions him. Cormier has beaten the best (outside of Jones) in the HW and LHW divisions. OK just checked their rankings and they have him at 3 behind Mighty Mouse( who is rightful no. 1) and McGregor. I'm sorry but Cormier's record is more impressive than MicG. McG has not defended a UFC title, not once.

Weidman got royally fucked by Mirigliotta. Right or wrong, Mirigliotta paused the fight for what he thought were illegal knees. Weidman didn't stop the fight. The ref's decision in cage should have been followed through. Then, use this fight as evidence in future for evidence for replay. McCarthy telling Mirigliotta, after watching replay, that knees were legal should not have been a factor as NY does not permit replay. If anything, the fight should have been restarted in same position. You can't change the rules midfight.

The Gonzalez Calvilo fight was fun. Both girls brought a lot of energy. Calvilo has a great ground game. She's like a anaconda.

Brooks, as I posited earlier, just does not have what it takes to get to the higher levels of the LW division. UFC LW division is a shark tank from 20 to 1.
Yeah,
it really was a crazy night.
What the heck was Rumble doing with that game plan?
It was right up there with a few other terrible game plans. One that comes to mind was Cat Zingano's plan against Ronda Rousey.

I don't understand why Cormier is booed. For the most part he is a class act that carries himself well.

That's 2 ppv finishes for Calvillo. Her ground game is something else. I love that mean mug face she does. The UFC is going to start pushing her.
Hopefully they don't rush her too fast. Maybe Angela Hill, Tica Torres, or Jessica Penne.
Gonzalez can make some noise in division as well.

Feel bad for Weidman, although I think Mousasi was starting to get the best of him. When the fight was paused it seems everybody knew what was going on except
the ref & the doctors that came into the ring.

Is 211 stacked or what?
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:What a crazy night of fights...

Yeah,
it really was a crazy night.
What the heck was Rumble doing with that game plan?
It was right up there with a few other terrible game plans. One that comes to mind was Cat Zingano's plan against Ronda Rousey.

I don't understand why Cormier is booed. For the most part he is a class act that carries himself well.

That's 2 ppv finishes for Calvillo. Her ground game is something else. I love that mean mug face she does. The UFC is going to start pushing her.
Hopefully they don't rush her too fast. Maybe Angela Hill, Tica Torres, or Jessica Penne.
Gonzalez can make some noise in division as well.

Feel bad for Weidman, although I think Mousasi was starting to get the best of him. When the fight was paused it seems everybody knew what was going on except
the ref & the doctors that came into the ring.

Is 211 stacked or what?
Weidman had the first round. But Mousasi was definitely winning the second round. I think Mousasi was on his way to winning. Real gong show with the stoppage and how it ended.

Calvillo was impressive. Definitely was winning it before she submitted Pearl. Pearl looked slow and nothing special.

Can't believe Rumble is retiring. He's in his peak, and he's giving it up. The light heavyweight division was already weak. Now it is is even weaker. DC is underrated though. Agree with him being above Connor for best pound for pound fighter. Don't know why he gets booed so much. Is Jon Jones really that popular! Hate thate guy. Hope DC wins that fight.

Cote retiring wasn't the biggest surprise.

You guys watch the prelims?

Blachowicz was gassed by the second round. Had nothing left. He won the first round as well. Surprised there wasn't a knockout in the first round.

Rosa was winning his fight imo, but Burgess was the stronger man who had far more power with his punches. Cuaght inm in the 3rd and that was enough.

Usman was very impressivve. Dominant performance. Interesting to see how he performs against better competition in welterweight.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Listening to Weidman trying to talk after that mess was weird. He sounded like he had a stroke. Maybe he was just all choked up and that changed his voice, but damn if he didn't sound like a stroke victim.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

burt1098 wrote:Listening to Weidman trying to talk after that mess was weird. He sounded like he had a stroke. Maybe he was just all choked up and that changed his voice, but damn if he didn't sound like a stroke victim.
Nah, that's just the way he sounds. He's a bit of a meathead....and yeah he was a bit choked up. I honestly can't fathom how people are blaming him for the Ref's fuck up. That's the same logic as Trump blaming the media for leaks from the white house.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
burt1098 wrote:Listening to Weidman trying to talk after that mess was weird. He sounded like he had a stroke. Maybe he was just all choked up and that changed his voice, but damn if he didn't sound like a stroke victim.
That's the same logic as Trump blaming the media for leaks from the white house.
Yeah,
or Hillary Clinton coming out of hiding & blaming everything/body except herself being a downright shitty candidate that she lost.
Get that political shit out of here.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:
That's the same logic as Trump blaming the media for leaks from the white house.
Yeah,
or Hillary Clinton coming out of hiding & blaming everything/body except herself being a downright shitty candidate that she lost.
Lol...
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

yeahbuddy wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:
Yeah,
What was the point of deleting the part of my comment which the comparison was made to? I was referring to the people blaming Weidman for what happened instead of the ref. Here I'll make it easier for you...It is the same as Dana blaming the media for saying the girls fight was off bc of implants instead of the NY commission rep who told the media it was off. Happy?
Sometimes your okay to interact with. But, for some reason you fly off the handle over the dumbest shit. Get off the internet and learn some social skills.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Mighty Mouse dominant is his defense. Best pound for pound fighter. No contest.

Whittaker with a huge statement win. Great stuff. Middleweight is a good division atm.

Wanted Watson to win. Oh well.

burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

pieceofme wrote:Mighty Mouse dominant is his defense. Best pound for pound fighter. No contest.

Whittaker with a huge statement win. Great stuff. Middleweight is a good division atm.

Wanted Watson to win. Oh well.

Whittaker fight was fun to watch. See if he can make a run at the belt. He's on a 6 fight win streak?
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

What happened to Houston Alexander?
ImageImage
!
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:What happened to Houston Alexander?

He got old?
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

I know it's not MMA....

Klitchko vs Joshua

Watch the replay tonight ion HBO f you didn't catch it live on Showtime before....

Greatest heavyweight fight in a long. long time.

I won't spoil it
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

You guys watch the fights this past weekend?
My take-
JDS/Miopic (spelling) is the perfect reason why the heavy weight division sucks. In all truth JDS should not have been fighting for
the belt. The first time he got hit he was done. The division is such a mess.

Joanna Champion fight- From early on it was obvious she had the speed advantage & that was the big difference. All she did was
snipe. Get in bang bang bang, get out. Great fighter & fun to watch.

Woodley the cry baby is saying a Maia fight doesn't interest him. He would rather fight GSP or another well known fighter.
Woodley/Maia might not do great ppv, but its the fight I wanna see.

Frankie Edgar put on a clinic. I hope Max Holloway beats Aldo, and Frankie gets a shot at Max.

Sucks the Alvarez/Porier fight ended the way it did. Alvarez isn't a dirty fighter. He was just in the moment so to speak. The entire night
was going great until that ending. The air kinda got sucked out of the room. It didn't help the first fight on main card was a snoozer.

Overall, very good not great.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:You guys watch the fights this past weekend?
My take-
JDS/Miopic (spelling) is the perfect reason why the heavy weight division sucks. In all truth JDS should not have been fighting for

Joanna Champion fight- From early on it was obvious she had the speed advantage & that was the big difference. All she did was

Woodley the cry baby is saying a Maia fight doesn't interest him. He would rather fight GSP or another well known fighter.

Frankie Edgar put on a clinic. I hope Max Holloway beats Aldo, and Frankie gets a shot at Max.

Sucks the Alvarez/Porier fight ended the way it did. Alvarez isn't a dirty fighter. He was just in the moment so to speak. The entire night
was going great until that ending. The air kinda got sucked out of the room. It didn't help the first fight on main card was a snoozer.

It has to be Maia. He has paid his dues and not getting any younger. And why would GSP fight Woodley. He isn't even ready for Bisping. Bisping might have to fight Yoel.

Fair play to Stipe Miocic for defending the belt yet again. I think Cain would beat him, and if Cain can stop getting injured, then that will be the title fight. And I know you will agree, but the light heavy weight division is way weaker. Especially since Rumble retired. That division is dog shit.

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:You guys watch the fights this past weekend?
My take-

It has to be Maia. He has paid his dues and not getting any younger. And why would GSP fight Woodley. He isn't even ready for Bisping. Bisping might have to fight Yoel.

Fair play to Stipe Miocic for defending the belt yet again. I think Cain would beat him, and if Cain can stop getting injured, then that will be the title fight. And I know you will agree, but the light heavy weight division is way weaker. Especially since Rumble retired. That division is dog shit.
Agree with you a million percent on the light heavy weight division. There's Jones & Cormier and that's it. I give Cormier a lot of credit. The guy looks like a goofy rolly polly guy, but he can fight. Will he beat Jones? I hope so, but
I don't think so. The swede can never stay healthy. And who really cares about his fight with Texiera?
Yeah, Miocic & Cain would be great. I hope that big french monster is for real.
Jones vs Cormier is in Anaheim & I might go. If they add Cyborg I will definitely go. If not, I will have to think about it. Depends on the rest of card.

Hey what do you think of that white trash red neck kid? They call him the white Diaz brother.
He's fun to watch & for the time being he backs it up.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:
Hey what do you think of that white trash red neck kid? They call him the white Diaz brother.

You talking about Jason Knight? If so, yeah I noticed he has some Nick Diaz in him. Same talking shit, throwing hands up...etc. Only on a much more mellow level.

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/jason-knight
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

burt1098 wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:

You talking about Jason Knight? If so, yeah I noticed he has some Nick Diaz in him. Same talking shit, throwing hands up...etc. Only on a much more mellow level.

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/jason-knight
Yeah, that's him. Entertaining fighter.
Looks really good so far. We will see how he does when he has to step up against tougher opponents.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Runnin Gustafsson is hard to watch.
ImageImage
!
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:Runnin Gustafsson is hard to watch.
The funny thing is when McGregor did it a couple of times against Diaz everybody banged on him.
Gustafosson did it what? At least 15 times? And nobody said anything.
The guy puts on a entertaining fight. Too bad he has the same problem that Cain Velasquez has. He
can never stay healthy.
Did you hear about the girl Cyborg punched at the figther's retreat? She talked shit about Cyborg
on social media. Cyborg called the girl out, and she got punched. Goes on social media to say she is
going to sue her blah blah etc etc. The entire mma world (mainly fighters) have turned their backs on
her. One of the memorable comments- "Snitches get stitches".
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:
The funny thing is when McGregor did it a couple of times against Diaz everybody banged on him.
Gustafosson did it what? At least 15 times? And nobody said anything.
The guy puts on a entertaining fight. Too bad he has the same problem that Cain Velasquez has. He
can never stay healthy.
Did you hear about the girl Cyborg punched at the figther's retreat? She talked shit about Cyborg
on social media. Cyborg called the girl out, and she got punched. Goes on social media to say she is
going to sue her blah blah etc etc. The entire mma world (mainly fighters) have turned their backs on
her. One of the memorable comments- "Snitches get stitches".

" If you're a pro fighter and you talk a bunch of shit on another, then start doing so in their presence & you get clipped...you earned it." Josh Barnett
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

yeahbuddy wrote:
Gustafosson did it what? At least 15 times? And nobody said anything".
I was following the fight on Twitter and comments on one of the mma sites. Saw a lot of people complaining about Gus "running". What he did was no different than any other fighter avoiding the cage to reset. I think why mcg gets shit, is bc he was getting tagged by Diaz and then turning tail to run. Back to Gus, from the highlights I saw, he clobbered glover,
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

The Hawaiian Assassiian [trademarked] wins by TKO in Brazil.

I called it.
ImageImage
!
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:The Hawaiian Assassiian [trademarked] wins by TKO in Brazil.

I called it.

That place will be burned down if that happens.

I hope it happens.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Pretty enjoyable card. Glad for Holloway and that division. I guess he will take on Edgar next.

I thought the judges decision for the Assuncao fight was incorrect.

And Belfort I think was a bit lucky it was in Brazil. It was close, but I was expecting at least a split. Honestly, I thought Marquardt won. He had the takedown and landed more significant strikes. All Belfort had was some flurrys. Mostly at the end of round 3.

Impressive victory by Claudia, who you can tell is far better technically than Karolina.

Borrachinha vs Bamgbose was an entertaining fight. Bamgbose was knackered after 2 minutes! Very unique style.

Medeiros/Silva was also a fun fight, although I thought the ref stopped the fight a bit too soon.