THE LA LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

grishnak boss
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: CELTIC FANS PREPARE FOR YOUR IMMINENT DOOM YOU IDIOTS!!!

Post by grishnak boss »

Now, Orlando will set its sights on Bryant and the Western Conference champion Lakers.

"Our reward is . . . you get to go from preparing for LeBron to preparing for Kobe," Orlando Coach Stan Van Gundy said.

See that quote right there, queers?!?! it means Kobe is better than lebron!!!

Represent!!!
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I ain't sayin' shit. Let's just see what happens starting Thursday. Man, this should be a really rough and tumble series too. I bet Orlando's going to come out throwing elbows and playing very physically which may set LA off. Then LA will win.
ImageImageImage
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Skate4RnR wrote:I ain't sayin' shit. Let's just see what happens starting Thursday. Man, this should be a really rough and tumble series too. I bet Orlando's going to come out throwing elbows and playing very physically which may set LA off. Then LA will win.
come on skate, superboy don't throw elbows, that's just the refs picking on him, expect to hear alot of that from the magic faithfull(all 12 of them) "can't breath on gasol or bynum without drawing a foul" shit ronnie millsap, who's a huge magic fan saw the elbow he threw at wally szerbiak in game 5, he didn't land it but fuck who coulod blame wally for pushing him, the dudes already been suspended and fractured his own teammates sinus, that fuckers like general grievous with thos elbows, I'm not picking this series, i think it'll be a good one, close, LA has the home court and the best player on either team and not being a homer, but this years magic arent anywhere as good as last years Celtics, that team played insane defense and gave everyone fits. shit i guess i am picking this one, LA, in 6.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

grishnak boss wrote:
GreazyNutz wrote: Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

How many games do you think those morons will last against the mighty L.A. LAKERS?
Seven. With the Win.
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Rainbow Bright wrote:
grishnak boss wrote:
GreazyNutz wrote: Image

How many games do you think those morons will last against the mighty L.A. LAKERS?
Seven. With the Win.
No no no girl!!! They won against cleveland because no one could guard dwight, and when the defense collapsed, he just had to kick it outside - but LA actually has the bodies to deal with him. Rashard may be an untypical 6'10 PF who can shoot 3's, but Lamar Odom and Pau can deal with him.

Lakers in 6.

Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Odom yeah could hang for a couple of games before Dwight wore him out. Pau? Nah. He's just a better shooting version of Shawn Bradley. They do got Bynum to roll with "Hack-A-Dwight" downlow though.

Plus, if they stop Dwight, (Which is possible) they got Hedo, Rashard, Rafer Alston and (maybe, depending on if he gets cleared) Nelson; the last of these whom ripped L.A. a new asshole. Twice. Plus, they have came back from being down 15+ in the playoffs.

I can see The Magic dropping the first two, then coming back with a vengeance once they get the feel of it. Regardless, It's going to be better than Kobe vs. Bron Bron.
GreazyCapri
Headlining Clubs

Post by GreazyCapri »

dtmfs wrote: Don't you mean he can eat a CAWWWWWWK? please, you were spamming
the board with your love for that douchebag, more than likley yearning for attention, still you were all over that shit.
Spamming the board? There were a ton of people that posted in that thread yet I did it for ''attention.'' Why the fuck did anybody post in it? To be ignored? I see you remember my little CAAAAAW! quip. Funny, I can't remember a damn thing you've ever posted.

dtmfs wrote: Bullshit, considering his heart condition was known a while before his death and no traces of coke were ever found in the many tests he took no one with half a brain suspected cocaine, the autopsy cane back fast and the cause of death was a heart defect, why don't you read up on shit before you type dumbass? find me one link that speculates lewis did coke, cuz i can sure as find links that list his death as the result of a heart problem. most people know the difference between len bias and reggie lewis, you obviously don't because, well you're a moron, hank gathers die of coke abuse too? shit for brains, or do just like to :lol: sterotype :lol: every black guy who dies young from heart problems.
Look at your bitch ass grasping at straws and playing the race card. :lol:
'' Mista Greazynutz is being all sterotypical in his portrayal of us blacks!!!''
''I says we boycotts da Sludge until he banned!''

:lol:
ImageImage
Stoner wrote:Everyone here sucks.
GreazyCapri
Headlining Clubs

Post by GreazyCapri »

ImageImage
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

What's the over/under on Cleveland's coach getting shit-canned after this year's Mavericks-esque implosion?
GrayAntiMatter
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by GrayAntiMatter »

Rainbow Bright wrote:What's the over/under on Cleveland's coach getting shit-canned after this year's Mavericks-esque implosion?

No way. Not after getting coach of the year (which he didn't deserve).

When he fails again next year, punch his card, he's done.
GreazyCapri
Headlining Clubs

Post by GreazyCapri »

Rainbow Bright wrote:What's the over/under on Cleveland's coach getting shit-canned after this year's Mavericks-esque implosion?
In all fairness he didn't have much to work with.
LeBron and a bunch of bums.
ImageImage
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

If the lakers pull a couple of this in their series against the magic, it'll be over soon, VERY SOON:

"When the Lakers run their offense well, they play a prettier brand of basketball than any team in the league. Look: I'm not comfortable saying that. I've hated the Lakers since I can remember being alive. But if you missed that game against Denver Friday night, you missed an incredible display of team basketball–a type of game even the Lakers (or the Cavs, or the Magic or the Celtics when healthy) are only capable of pulling off a few times per season.

They scored 119 points on about 88 possessions against a top-10 NBA defense on the road. That's about 140 points per 100 possessions. They shot 57 percent–only the third team all season to hit that mark against Denver–made all 24 of their free throws, hit better than half of their three-pointers and turned the ball over just three times in the last 30 minutes of the game. All insane numbers. But what's more amazing to me is that if you re-watched that game, I'll bet you wouldn't find more than a half-dozen high degree of difficult shots among the 75 field goals the Lakers attempted against.

Frankly, I'm surprised the Lakers 'only' recorded 28 assists on their 43 field goals. Almost every look was, in NBA terms, easy. The cuts were precise, the passes were timely and on target, and the shooters were open. It was gorgeous basketball. And it is hard for me to truly hate a team that can take basketball to that level. Perhaps I should hate the Lakers because they have this ability but can only put it all together occasionally."

IMPRESSIVE :shock:

Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Sweet. Nelson is going to play. He's the one that drove the dagger in The heart of The Lake Show this year.
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Rainbow Bright wrote:Sweet. Nelson is going to play. He's the one that drove the dagger in The heart of The Lake Show this year.
Awesome! He'll be out of rhythm, probably still hurt - it will only bring orlando's debacle faster.

Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

grishnak boss wrote:
Rainbow Bright wrote:Sweet. Nelson is going to play. He's the one that drove the dagger in The heart of The Lake Show this year.
Awesome! He'll be out of rhythm, probably still hurt - it will only bring orlando's debacle faster.
I agree if Van Gundy starts him. However, off the bench he could do well. Esp. once he gets back into a groove.
GreazyCapri
Headlining Clubs

Post by GreazyCapri »

grishnak boss wrote:
He'll come off the bench.
I'll take an out of rhythm Mighty Mouse over AJ any day.
ImageImage
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I got a new wallpaper for my comp. Old Kobe doin' his fadeaway for The muthafuckin' Finals! :lol:
ImageImageImage
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

10 MINUTES TO START THE NEXT L.A. CORONATION!!!

JUST HAND THE DAMN TROPHY ALREADY!!!

HASTA LA VISTA FUCKERS!!!

Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

It's half time.

JUST HAND THE GODDMAN TROPHY ALREADY YOU TWIRPS!
ImageImageImage
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

AAAAAAAAAAAND THE LAKERS DESTROY PUNNY orlando ON THEIR FIRST MATCH, PROVING ONCE AND FOR ALL WHO IS THE TRUE CHAMPION - IT'S OVER FUCKERS, OOOOVER!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

WHERE'S ALL THAT TALK ABOUT "SOFT" AND "LACK THE HEART OF A CHAMP"? PURE BULLSHIT, THAT'S WHAT, BWAHAHAHA!!!

DON'T YOU IDIOTS THINK THEY ARE FUELED BY LAST YEAR'S MASSACRE? THIS AIN'T FUCKIN KISS OR MOTLEY CRUE, WHERE EACH YEAR THEY SINK INTO EVEN MORE PATHETIC LEVELS, OH NO - THIS IS THE NBA, WHERE "MAGIC" DOESN'T HAPPEN (PUN INTENDED) HAHAHAHA!!!

LOS ANGELES- Those banners with the words "The Finals" were hanging everywhere.

Both teams were outfitted with special golden logos.

The starters emerged from behind giant championship trophies.

Then Game 1 launched and, soon enough, so did Kobe Bryant, and things quickly dissolved into just another November night that was louder than normal.

The NBA Finals or a homestand finale? The Lakers were so convincing Thursday that they nearly coaxed the significance of out their largest game yet.

By the middle of the third quarter, the bench was breaking up with laughter, Dwight Howard had gone from Superman to Everyman and the end of this eventual 100-75 Lakers' triumph couldn't arrive soon enough. For either team.

"It's just one game," Coach Phil Jackson warned.

"No big deal," Bryant said.

Great start. Better finish. Yes, there are still three victories to go. Patience people.

Orlando has to be better than this and certainly will be better than this, perhaps by Sunday.

But the Magic in Game 1 was like one of those discounted knife sets featured in an infomercial. It looked a lot better on television than when it finally arrived at home.

The only thing missing at Staples Center was Ron Popeil promising, "But wait, there's more!" Or, in the case of Thursday, there was less.

The Magic had less than no answer for Bryant. It had no resistance, either. No discouragement, no response. And, against this guy, that adds up to one thing — no chance.

"We have to get into him more," Howard said, "and apply a little bit more pressure."

Get into him more? The Magic sure can't get into Bryant less. Orlando's Courtney Lee, who's a rookie, and Mickael Pietrus, who admits to being a big Bryant fan, appeared hesitant to even look at No. 24 never mind cover him.

Bryant was permitted to go wherever he wanted to go, which often was directly to the rim. He moved freely and aggressively, nothing on the court harder for him than his steely facial expressions.

Forty points later, Bryant had attempted 34 field goals (making 16) on a night when he repeatedly passed up open looks en route to supplying eight assists, just two fewer than all the Magic had combined.

The point total was a Finals career high. So was the number of times gritting his teeth and flaring his eyes.

"I just want it so bad, that's all," Bryant explained, almost softly, afterward. "I just want it really bad. You just put everything you have into the game and your emotions kind of flow out of you."

In the conference finals, Denver Nuggets Coach George Karl built his team's defense around video of the Lakers' 2007-08 Finals loss to Boston, particularly because Bryant struggled so much then.

Orlando's Stan Van Gundy apparently doesn't have access to a television. A year ago, Bryant was banged and badgered by the Celtics into shooting nights of 9 of 26, 6 of 19 and 7 of 22.

Thursday, the only banging he endured came while celebrating with his grinning and snorting teammates. Badgering? That came only from the media.

"He had the smell…just carried the game his way," Jackson said. "I thought we went there a little bit too often, but he said, 'Keep coming back, I'm OK.' So we did."

Especially in the third quarter, when Bryant outscored all the Magic, 18-15, and the Lakers went from 10 points up to emptying the bench. At one point, we believe we saw Travis Knight entering the game.

The defining moment for Bryant — and the Magic — came midway through that third quarter. With the shot clock nearing expiration, Bryant was facing an increasingly desperate situation 20 feet from the basket. Time for a prayer, an anxious heave at the hoop?

Hardly. Bryant lowered his head, drove and was permitted to get all the way to the rim with just the slightest of contact.

First, he flew past Pietrus. Then he slid by Rashard Lewis. Then he went up and over Howard, who appeared to be weighted down, perhaps by his defensive player of the year award.

"The thing is, Kobe definitely could score 40 points a night if he chose to," teammate Luke Walton said. "But he's gotten very good at picking and choosing when to go. When he gets going like that, you can't stop him. All you can do is hope he misses."

The good news for the Magic is they turned off the scoreboards Thursday night. When those lights come back on Sunday, the game will be tied again.

The bad news? The Lakers will be back Sunday, too, ready to turn on their Kobe Bryant. Orlando would be wise this time to at least try to find the switch.

grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

40 FUCKIN POINTS, 8 REBOUNDS AND 8 ASSISTS CLEARLY MAKES HIM MICHAEL JORDAN'S HEIR -

BOW TO THE NEW KING, YOU QUEERS!!!

Lakers', Kobe's opening statement about more than Game 1

Kobe Bryant had been this way all week.

Focused as a surgeon, serious as an undertaker, his determination was palpable.

Gone was the banter that he enjoyed while heading into last season's Finals, when he was the MVP coming off an easy post-season ride. There were no smiles (other than when he briefly mentioned that he has been called "Grumpy" around the house), no levity, even after he powered the Lakers to their Game 1 rout of the Magic, scoring his career Finals best 40 points, and looking as if he could do at least as much at will.

It was easy to believe the popular story line - the sort that Stan Van Gundy would no doubt deride - that Bryant was playing for more than even just this title.

He could end that silly effort to diminish his three championships by pointing out that he had not won without Shaquille O'Neal. O'Neal, who has not won without Bryant or Dwyane Wade, is off somewhere twittering while Bryant is in a second-consecutive Finals. He could do a great deal to cement his legacy as an all-time great.

Bryant, however, has regularly denied holding such thoughts.

"Not at all," he said of winning a Shaq-less title. "It means nothing. To me it's about winning another one, just because I want to win another one. People think Shaq would have won a championship without me on that team, they're crazy, you know what I'm saying? We needed Robert Horry, Derek Fisher, Ron Harper and everybody else, as well. I'm not worried about that at all."

Something has made his seem even more driven, more maniacal in his pursuit of the title.

It's not a great leap. His competitiveness has always been off the charts. And even as a teenaged rookie, when he air-balled those 3s against the Jazz, he was armed with unshakable determination and confidence. He has far more often had to harness those qualities, rather than elevate them.

But for these Finals, he has seemed more relentless, more ambitious, more obsessed than ever.

The Lakers lost their past two Finals appearances, and while others returned to the Finals ready to celebrate the successes it took to bring them there, Bryant seemed reminded of those bitter losses in Detroit and Boston until they pained him again.

His legacy probably should not need another title. One need only to watch to understand how rare a player he has been. But we tend to need numbers, and a fourth title (and any more than might come) would go a long way toward defining him.

Perhaps, however, the legacy he is assuring is not as a champion - he already had that - but for his mindset.

grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

BWAHAHAHA!!!

grishnak boss

Re: THE LA LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

Post by grishnak boss »

DTMS PRESENTS YOU THE TRUTH:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Facecrusher13

"Kobe is the best, the celtics suck, cleveland choked and grishnak boss is second coming of Nostradomus"

AWESOME

:lol:

grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Interesting article:

Are Finals Blowouts Meaningful?

June 5, 2009 1:05 AM

In Game 1 of the NBA Finals, the Lakers rolled to a 25-point win. All kinds of observers take it as a sign that the Lakers are wholly dominant, but both coaches immediately cautioned that no matter how big it is, no win is more valuable than any other.

"It's pretty hard to find a champion who hasn't at some point in their playoff run gotten their butts beat by 20-plus," says Stan Van Gundy. "I mean, San Antonio did I think every year in their playoff runs. ... Those kind of things happen. I know this: We're a lot better that what we showed today."

Phil Jackson: "I told those guys it doesn't matter whether we win by 60 or six in this game. ... It's just one win. We've got to go out and establish that again on our homecourt on Sunday."

I checked out the last twenty years of Finals games, to see what happens to teams that lose by big margins. Does it matter?

Here are the 20+ point wins:

* 2008: The last big butt-kicking in the NBA Finals was the last game of the NBA Finals, Game 6 when the Celtics won the title in 2008. They won by 39.
* 2006: The Heat beat the Mavericks by 24 in Game 4, and won the series in 6.
* 2005: The Spurs and the Pistons had a really intense seven-game series ... but the first four games were decided by 25, 21, 27 and 31 points! Blowout city! Once the series was tied 2-2, things got much closer, with the Spurs taking the title.
* 2004: The Lakers dropped a 20-point Game 3 to the Pistons, and the Pistons won the title.
* 2002: The Lakers swept the Nets, including a 23-point Game 2 win.
* 2000: Orlando fans, this is your reference point. Down 3-1 in the series, the Pacers crushed the Lakers 120-87 for the home win in Game 5. Kobe Bryant consoled Shaquille O'Neal on the bench, telling him it'd be better to win it at home in Game 6, and the Lakers did.
* 1998: All six games of Michael Jordan's final Finals were extremely close, except for one: A 42-point Bulls romp over the Jazz. And, of course, the Bulls went on to win the series.
* 1996: The Bulls beat the SuperSonics on their home court by 22, and in the very next game, Seattle handed it right back to Chicago by 21. The Bulls won the title in six.
* 1992: The Bulls squashed the Blazers by 33 in Game 1. Portland bounced back and stole Game 2 on the road, but the Bulls won the series in six.
* 1991: The Bulls beat the Lakers by 21 in Game 2, and won the title in five games.

The moral of the story is that by and large it's bad to be on the losing end of a big loss. In seven of the last times it has happened in the Finals the team that wins big wins rings.

But 2005, 2000, 1996 -- and in some ways 1992, might spark positive feelings for the Magic.

By and large, however, when coaches say big wins aren't meaningful at all? It's not wholly convicing.

grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

The air in Boston is contaminated, making people over there have psychotic outbreaks:

Kevin Garnett's recovery from right knee surgery apparently is going well. Garnett expressed optimism in a recent conversation with team owner Wyc Grousbeck, who spoke yesterday at a corporate sponsorship event at the Boston Harbor Hotel.

"I talked to [Garnett] and he guaranteed the championship in 2010 and in 2011," Grousbeck said. "He was as fired up as he's ever been."

Doctors removed bone spurs from Garnett's knee May 26. He is expected to be ready for training camp in late September.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball ... g_forward/

grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Kobe is a fuckin' beast and you knowwwww this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43sYSMHYf-Q

JORDAN'S HEIR AT HIS BEST, NIGGAS!!!

NO REPLIES NOW YOU STUPID QUEERS, EH?!?!

AFTER THAT ORLANDO TROUNCING THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO SAY EXCEPT:

L.A. LAKERS NBA CHAMPIONS 2009:

THE YEAR A DYNASTY STARTED.

johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

grishnak boss wrote:Kobe is a fuckin' beast and you knowwwww this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43sYSMHYf-Q

JORDAN'S HEIR AT HIS BEST, NIGGAS!!!

NO REPLIES NOW YOU STUPID QUEERS, EH?!?!

AFTER THAT ORLANDO TROUNCING THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO SAY EXCEPT:

Who's going to be coaching this dynasty?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

johnk5150 wrote:
grishnak boss wrote:

YOUR MOM!!!

nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

grishnak boss wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
grishnak boss wrote:

YOUR MOM!!!

You are very fuckin stupid. Typical Laker fan.

P.S why is Staple Center so quiet?? I have watched a few games there and the fans hardly cheer. Maybe it's quiet to me since I am used to east coast crowds.
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

nycyankee wrote:
I'm very fuckin stupid. Typical Laker hater.

P.S why is Staple Center so quiet?? I have watched a few games there and the fans hardly cheer. Maybe it's quiet to me since I am used to east coast crowds.
SO YOU'RE USED TO NY CROWDS CHANTING MVP WHEN KOBE SHOWS UP - UNDERSTANDABLE, THERE'S NOTHING TO CHEER ABOUT ON THAT SIDE OF THE COUNTRY ANYWAY.

STAPLES CENTER CROWDS DEMAND EXCELLENCY - PEOPLE ARE NOT GONNA ACT LIKE APES JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE WHO QUADRUPLES YOUR MISERABLE SALARY SHOWS UP, LIKE EAST COASTERS DO.