The official 2009 CFL (Canadian Football League) thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: The official 2009 CFL (Canadian Football League) thread

Post by WOLF »

KillDevilHill wrote:FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK FACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He should have thrown the ball away when he was on the run like that. That was way too much of a high risk/high reward play at the end.

The western playoffs are going to be damn interesting. All I know is that in no way, shape, or form do I want the Lions to slip to 4th and cross-over to the East for the playoffs.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

i really wanted to hate printers but he did throw for 400 yards.

that last throw was a joke. trying to play hero by forcing the ball.
Fast_Eddie_Schenker
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by Fast_Eddie_Schenker »

I actually watched the fourth quarter and overtime at the downtown Keg in Vancouver. It was awesome being the only Rider fan in there. :lol:

Shocked by the Al's loss and disappointed by the Eskimos effort against Calgary...
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Loved the Als spanking the Bombers today. Just a gentle reminder to everyone else that when AC is in, and the defence plays and doesn't play to no get hurt, the team is almost unbeatable.

Looking forward to the final week of the season to see how the playoff matchups shake out. Montreal/Toronto will be meaningless, but BC/Edmonton, Sask/Calgary, and Winnipeg/Hamilton are all HUGE matchups.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

WOLF wrote:Loved the Als spanking the Bombers today. Just a gentle reminder to everyone else that when AC is in, and the defence plays and doesn't play to no get hurt, the team is almost unbeatable.

Looking forward to the final week of the season to see how the playoff matchups shake out. Montreal/Toronto will be meaningless, but BC/Edmonton, Sask/Calgary, and Winnipeg/Hamilton are all HUGE matchups.
i fully expect the lions to get shit kicked by edmonton on friday.
so much for a rebuilding season.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
WOLF wrote:Loved the Als spanking the Bombers today. Just a gentle reminder to everyone else that when AC is in, and the defence plays and doesn't play to no get hurt, the team is almost unbeatable.

Your support as a fan bothers me
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Game 1 of this important weekend is already in the books and Edmonton grabs the #3 seed in the West. Personally, I fear BC crossing over to the East, but if the Lions aren't healthy at QB it won't matter. I was shocked when I came home during the 3rd quarter last night and saw the lopsided score until I saw who was at the helm for the Lions and heard what had transpired.

The Als left everyone at home and their still laying into the Argos as I write this (17-0). What's the over/under on the number of hours after the season ends for Bart Andrus to be fired?

Looking forward to the Roughies/Stamps and Bombers/Ticats later this weekend. I'm hoping for the Green Riders to win the West and for the Bombers to pull it together and avoid a crossover in the East. I wouldn't be shocked by any outcome in those games though.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

KillDevilHill wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:

Your support as a fan bothers me
were you there? i was. just as i called it. no heart other than from buck for at least dressing when he probably shouldn't have.
the defence can't stop the run OR the pass.

if hamilton wins sunday, who do the lions use at qb?

is todd marinavich still in prison?
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

please dont gloat too hard even though you made me look like an idiot. And actually the fact is I lived in BC my life and I have never been to a lions game, so I cant relate to your frustration as a person who frequents home gomes to see awful performance
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

KillDevilHill wrote:please dont gloat too hard even though you made me look like an idiot. And actually the fact is I lived in BC my life and I have never been to a lions game, so I cant relate to your frustration as a person who frequents home gomes to see awful performance
why have you never been to a game dude?
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

So there you have it - a fairly entertaining, dramatic regular season in the books. You gotta admit it - the two worst teams did indeed miss the playoffs and it should be an interesting post season.

DIVISION SEMIS
BC at Hamilton (winner gets Montreal)
Edmonton at Calgary (winner gets Saskatchewan)

I think Hamilton will take out BC, but I'm as scared as fuck that BC will get healthy at QB, take out Hamilton and my Als, and we'll wind up with a Grey Cup that nobody east of Regina cares about.
Fast_Eddie_Schenker

WOLF wrote:So there you have it - a fairly entertaining, dramatic regular season in the books. You gotta admit it - the two worst teams did indeed miss the playoffs and it should be an interesting post season.

DIVISION SEMIS
BC at Hamilton (winner gets Montreal)
Edmonton at Calgary (winner gets Saskatchewan)

I think Hamilton will take out BC, but I'm as scared as fuck that BC will get healthy at QB, take out Hamilton and my Als, and we'll wind up with a Grey Cup that nobody east of Regina cares about.
I think BC are boned. They've got noone left to throw the ball, and the defence has been spotty for the past 3 weeks. I think Deandra Cobb will run wild on them next week.
Calgary/Edmonton shoud be a good one...don't write Ritchie Hall's team off just yet. If edmonton can get by Calgary, they'd come back to Regina to a stadium they've already won in this year. I'd really rather face Calgary again. (and knock them out of a hometown Grey Cup appearance)

It was a very entertaining regular season, and I'm excited about a Western final in Regina for the first time since I was a pre-teen. (!)
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Prediction time:

I like the home teams. Simply, they've been more consistent than their opponents all year, have earned their home playoff dates, and should use the home crowd advantage to best their adversaries.

Hamilton 34, BC 24 - I think Casey Printers will suck it up, do a little damage, earn himself a contract for next year, but at the end of the day the Lions defence will allow more points than Printers and co will manage to put up on the board.

Calgary 41, Edmonton 38 - Even though the Stamps have dominated the Esks this year, there's no way Richie Hall's squad won't come to play. It will be a typical Western, high-scoring, barn-burner, but at the end of the day the Stamps will go to Saskatchewan and we'll see if the Roughies can go 4 games vs the Stamps without losing.

Enjoy the games.
Fast_Eddie_Schenker

Oskie-Wee-Wee.

Tiger-Cats and Stampeders both win at home.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Fuckin' Hamilton - they lay an egg, nickle and dime their way out of it, and then as soon as they do that they blow it again. Kudos to the Lions, but I hate seeing Western teams coming into Montreal for the Eastern Final every year. Not to mention I'm scared as hell that a pumped, Wally Buono coached team is coming to Montreal more use to playing in a dome than we are!
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Fuck Casey Printers is playing unreal, Hamilton kind of blew that one though.

I hope the lions can take down a tough montreal team so we can set up a BC/Sask Grey cup. It would be epic

I missed the battle of alberta because I was balls deep in homework
Fast_Eddie_Schenker

I think todays outcomes set up the best possible games next weekend. I expext the Als to defend the home field, but BC has the potential to make a game of it, where I don't think the Cats could have.

It's gonna be a long week in Regina...I've got my ticket and I can't wait.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Prediction time:

Montreal 34, BC 24
Saskatchewan 34, Calgary 31

Setting up the WOLF/Fast Eddie Bowl next week!

Enjoy the games folks. Have fun at the game Fast Eddie - I'll be at the East Final, under the dome, as well.
Fast_Eddie_Schenker

WOLF wrote:Prediction time:

Montreal 34, BC 24

Enjoy the games folks. Have fun at the game Fast Eddie - I'll be at the East Final, under the dome, as well.
So does moving out of McGill and into the Big Owe benefit the Lions? I say no...Al's roll to a 31-24 win.

The Riders were very loose in the walkthrough today and the Stamps have seemed a little uptight. They say they're just concentrating on the task ahead...and maybe that's true. This one is won or lost by Henry Burris IMO, and I think he'll lose his cool again in the fourth quarter. 28-24 Riders.

Cant wait for tommorow. Enjoy the EF Wolf.

KillDevilHill and Kid-Wicked...good luck to the Lions. Printers is going to have to have the game of his life.
NickasInSaltLick
The Fat Man of Steel

Post by NickasInSaltLick »

Fast_Eddie_Schenker wrote:
WOLF wrote:Prediction time:

Montreal 34, BC 24

So does moving out of McGill and into the Big Owe benefit the Lions? I say no...Al's roll to a 31-24 win.

The Riders were very loose in the walkthrough today and the Stamps have seemed a little uptight. They say they're just concentrating on the task ahead...and maybe that's true. This one is won or lost by Henry Burris IMO, and I think he'll lose his cool again in the fourth quarter. 28-24 Riders.

Cant wait for tommorow. Enjoy the EF Wolf.

KillDevilHill and Kid-Wicked...good luck to the Lions. Printers is going to have to have the game of his life.
Jesus, Henry Burris is still playing? He's one of the brazillion starting quarterbacks the Bears have had since the McMahon era. Hope he's better now than he was back in '02.

Sludgeaholic of the Month - May 2004
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

guess i won't be going to calgary next weekend.

fuck.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Just got back from the Eastern Final. Man, did any worries I had get aleviated in a hurry. If not for a couple of special teams blunders resulting in 14 BC points, the Als might very well have played a perfect game. I give Printers credit, he's slippery, but I seriously think he must have run for about 100 yards sideways and backwards trying to avoid getting killed by the Als D.

C'mon now Fast Eddie - your boys have to close the deal. I can't remember a Montreal/Saskatchewan Grey Cup in my lifetime and would love to see one.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

WOLF wrote:I don't know what it is, but I keep having visions of a Montreal/Saskatchewan Grey Cup - I feel it. Write it down... week 11 and that's what I'm predicting.
8)
Fast_Eddie_Schenker

It's hard to believe this is the first ever Montreal vs. Saskatchewan Grey Cup. It's gonna be a good one WOLF. I think the Riders match up pretty well overall, and i'm hoping Calvillo chokes up again like he's done before in the Grey Cup. Realistically, I wouldn't bet the farm on a Rider win, but I think they'll give Montreal all they can handle.

The Western final is a game I'll never forget. I've never heard it so loud at the Taylor Field. What a great day to be a Rider fan!

I wish I could head west this weekend...but I'll settle for throwing a party at my house Sunday. Can't wait...
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Fast_Eddie_Schenker wrote:It's hard to believe this is the first ever Montreal vs. Saskatchewan Grey Cup. It's gonna be a good one WOLF. I think the Riders match up pretty well overall, and i'm hoping Calvillo chokes up again like he's done before in the Grey Cup. Realistically, I wouldn't bet the farm on a Rider win, but I think they'll give Montreal all they can handle.

The Western final is a game I'll never forget. I've never heard it so loud at the Taylor Field. What a great day to be a Rider fan!

I wish I could head west this weekend...but I'll settle for throwing a party at my house Sunday. Can't wait...
Well, I guess we're kinda sorta rivals this week - but, whatever the outcome I'm going to enjoy this. The Riders have always been my "Western team", so at very least I can somewhat stomach it if THEY are the ones to beat the Als (vs Calgary, Edmonton, or BC).

Having said that, as much as I respect the Riders, and somewhat fear how well they're playing lately, I just can't see the Als losing. Coach Trestman has them level-headed and focused, the Defense has been stellar all year, and AC finally has the offence scoring touchdowns and not just field goals. If they get rolling early, like they did against BC, they should be golden. If the Riders can keep it close, maybe force some turnovers, then all bets are off.

I'm calling either an Als blowout or a close Rider victory. There's no middle ground here.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Man - I can't believe how the media, TSN specifically, is going ga-ga over the Riders. For every one Alouettes feature there are two on Durant, one on the Canadian Air Force, and another on Ken Miller. I guess they're trying to drum up faith in the underdog across the country to secure some ratings....

Prediction time:

I fear the Riders, and their blue collar ethic. I know it's practically a home game for them; but after what I saw last week I just can't see them challenging a healthy Als sqaud - particularly the defence and O-line.

Montreal 38, Saskatchewan 20
Fast_Eddie_Schenker

WOLF wrote:Man - I can't believe how the media, TSN specifically, is going ga-ga over the Riders. For every one Alouettes feature there are two on Durant, one on the Canadian Air Force, and another on Ken Miller. I guess they're trying to drum up faith in the underdog across the country to secure some ratings....

Prediction time:

I fear the Riders, and their blue collar ethic. I know it's practically a home game for them; but after what I saw last week I just can't see them challenging a healthy Als sqaud - particularly the defence and O-line.

Montreal 38, Saskatchewan 20
I agree that TSN have been Rider heavy this week, but to be fair, I'm thinking RDS have been slanted the other way. The Riders are Canada's Team, after all. :wink:

I'll make a prediction prior to gametime sometime this weekend, but right now I like the Riders to cover the 9 point spread, and a break here and there might make an upset possible.

I'm not gonna get a lot of sleep this weekend...the butterflies are already setting in...
Fast_Eddie_Schenker

Riders 31 Alouettes 30

Last second FG by Luca Congi.

Go Riders Go! Should be a good game tommorow.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Fast_Eddie_Schenker wrote:Riders 31 Alouettes 30

Last second FG by Luca Congi.

Go Riders Go! Should be a good game tommorow.
If the Als lose another heartbreaker - like they did in 2005 against Edmonton, I seriously don't think I'll be able to take it. I can handle getting blown out better than a heartbreak.

If this isn't the year for the Als, it will never be. Despite all their Grey Cup appearances, they were always up against a Western opponent that was equal to, or better than, them. The only exception being 2000. They've been dominant this year - they just better continue that trend today....
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

This Als team reminds me of the Lions in 2006, head and shoulders above everyone else in the CFL, dominant all season long. This is the Als time, and if they come in fired up and prepared its there game to loose or win. Sask has the ability to put the pressure on Calvio, but I dont think it will be enough to beat the als. I respect Sask and Sask fans, but this isnt your guy's day

Montreal by 10