The official 2009 CFL (Canadian Football League) thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

The official 2009 CFL (Canadian Football League) thread

Post by WOLF »

Time to get this fucker started with just a few days until the kickoff of the 2009 campaign. I expect to see the usual suspects post here all year, but hopefully we can add a few more proud Canadian Football League fans.

I don't know about you guys and your teams, but I love my Als chances this year. Montreal has been the perennial bridesmaid, but the team looks damn solid this year, should mop up the East, and hopefully be able to finally knockoff the Western champion and claim another Grey Cup. If Avon Coburne stays healthy, and the team has a running game to compliment Anthony Cavillo's arial attack - look out. The defense also looks improved, despite the axing of a few veterans.

Happy football season hosers!
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Re: The official 2009 CFL (Canadian Football League) thread

Post by makaveli »

No Vanderjagt........no interest.
ImageImage
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

makaveli wrote:No Vanderjagt........no interest.
Why the fuck would care about a sports league just beacause of a kicker.

Me thinks no manning ass to eat, no interest.

Id love to the Lions are going to take it all, but thats a bit of a stretch. However I hope Buck gets his shit flowing and has a good season.

I ddint really follow much of the offseason except to see what Canadians make it so the first three weeks I dont know much.

However a kid who gave me embarresed my ass for two years, and as it stands the best CJFL career. (record holders in TDs and yards, two time Canadian champ) Inked a deal with the BC lions and I hope he stays on the roster so I dont have to deal with him august 1st.
So go Lions, and Go Andrew Harris

Oh yeah Fuck the Stamps, Fuck the Argos, Fuck the Eskies, and Hamliton, get your shit together
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

the lions have SO many new faces i don't see them doing much at the start of the season, but wally knows his shit. by game 6 they sould have their shit together.
i hated to see jason clearmont go.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Kid-Wicked wrote:the lions have SO many new faces i don't see them doing much at the start of the season, but wally knows his shit. by game 6 they sould have their shit together.
i hated to see jason clearmont go.
Yeah, if wally wasnt at the helm the whole season would be a write off, but I have hope.

Also im pissed Clearmonts gone to, as my dad says the only reason he didnt end up in Sask at first because the GM at the time was a racist.

Oh a little of topic but if anyone gets the chance to read the late bobby ackles book "the water boy" do it. One of the best sports books ive ever read
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

b.c. drafted clermont. don't think ray shivers had much to do with him not going to sask. (he WAS there then, wasn't he?)

yeah, the waterboy is a great read. bobby worked for dallas, miami and for the xfl while he was away from b.c.

great book, great guy.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Eskies !!!!!

LOL
Fast_Eddie_Schenker
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by Fast_Eddie_Schenker »

Roy Shivers might have been biased towards black players, but Clermont wasn't passed over by the Riders because he was white...he was drafted by BC because the Riders traded away thier first round pick the year before. Anyway, It's great to have Jason in Green and White finally, but do the Riders have a QB to consistently get him, Fantuz and Dressler the ball? That's the big question in Riderville. Our defense is a big ??? as well with a new coordinator and a great deal of turnover. One new player to keep an eye on is DL Stevie Baggs...he could be a Cam Wake type pass rusher.

There's a lot of uncertianty about this year's team...I see a 9-9 season that could mean 3rd in the West and possibly a crossover. Calgary should be the class of the west, Edmonton will improve under Richie Hall, (If Ricky Ray gets hurt that will sink the Eskies) BC is kind of a hard team to cal much like the Riders, but Wally is a great coach and BC will be be in the hunt in the final weeks of the season.

As for the East, I'm hoping Hamilton finally turns the corner, Montreal will likely lead the pack, Toronto should be better than last year, and I predict the Bombers will sink to the bottom and likely end up firing thier head coach sometime around Labour Day.

This week:
Hamilton over Toronto - Cats need to set the tone at home, and playing the arch-rivals to start the season is a great test.

Calgary over Montreal - Only becasue this is in Calgary. This could be the game of the week.

Edmonton over Winnipeg - Ricky Ray tears up the Bombers new and unknown secondary, and Richie Hall's defense dominate. This has blow-out written all over it.

Saskatchewan over BC - This is the toughest one to call with so many question marks on both sided on the ball. Give the Riders the edge at home with Clermont anxious to stick it to Wally. Even though he's not saying that's a motivation, you know it is.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

are there any pools?
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Fast_Eddie_Schenker wrote:Edmonton over Winnipeg - Ricky Ray tears up the Bombers new and unknown secondary, and Richie Hall's defense dominate. This has blow-out written all over it.
So much for that, boring fucking first half, I fell asleep. Good second half, sloopy game altogether, Fucking lumsden has the worst fucking luck.

If its a big injury he is in reality done for ever, no one wants an RB that cant take hits. then throw in the fact that hes a break tackler runner and well there you have it
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

the refs seemed to forget that the offence can be offside. hamilton got away with aboot a dozen of them.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Kid-Wicked wrote:the refs seemed to forget that the offence can be offside. hamilton got away with aboot a dozen of them.
I think they were just turning there head, ti-cats need anything they can get...........
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Despite some special teams blunders, and turnovers when the rains were coming down, the Als looked pretty damn good on offence and defence. They're starting with a VERY tough schedule (in Calgary, home to Edmonton, in Regina, home to Hamilton with only a five day turnaround). If they can come out of that 3-1, and then feast on their Eastern bretheren, they can put themselves in a very good position. Personally, I think the squad is on a mission this year.

Re Lumsden, I feel bad for him. It's obvious he can't stay healthy. The dude's obviously in shape; brittle bones (shoulders) I guess. I say he's a full-time analyst for CFL on TSN in less than two years.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

FUCK SAKES

Bryce-mullen (or however the fuck you spell it) thats why you never made it to the NFL, FUCK.

Good game though, very CFLy game. Sask's blitz package was deadly

We got the ti-cats next, gotta win that one.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

KillDevilHill wrote:FUCK SAKES

Bryce-mullen (or however the fuck you spell it) thats why you never made it to the NFL, FUCK.

Good game though, very CFLy game. Sask's blitz package was deadly

We got the ti-cats next, gotta win that one.
i'll be there.
Fast_Eddie_Schenker

Nice win by the Riders...but...if Durant keeps throwing the ball away like that he'll be riding pine by week 4.

BC's got O-Line issues.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Week 2 bitches!

Montreal over Edmonton - The Eskies are improved, but I don't see them winning in Montreal with a rookie starting at running back. Also have the running game and passing game going - I see a lot of points be put up on the board, but more by the Als.

Calgary over Winnipeg - I look for the Stamps to take out their frustration from week 1 on the Bombers.

BC over Hamilton - Yeah, the Lions have slipped a notch, but still I don't see how the Ticats are in the same stratosphere as them - especially if the Ticats stink it up like they did last week.

Toronto over Saskatchewan - Probably the closest game of the week. I'll give the nod to Toronto with the jury still out on Durant and the Argos at home riding a wave from last week's win.

Enjoy folks. Look for me on TSN at the Als home opener tonight. I'll be the one in the end zone wearing an Als shirt!
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Als
Stamps
Lions
Riders

I wish the BC riders game was this weekend, I am going to my family reunion and will be in the geart of Sask, would have been great to get piss drunk and be a cunt with my Brent Johnson jersey on
Fast_Eddie_Schenker

Loved seeing Ritchie's Esks get boot-fucked tonight. Well done Als.

Calgary over Winnipeg by 13 (the Bombers kept up with Edmonton last week, but we just saw how good edmonton is)

BC over Hamilton by 10 (fuck I hope the Cats find a way to pull off an upset, but not likely)

Riders over TO by 3. (Durant cuts down the mistakes, and the Rider pass rush gets to Joseph early and often)
Fast_Eddie_Schenker

KillDevilHill wrote:Als
Stamps
Lions
Riders

I wish the BC riders game was this weekend, I am going to my family reunion and will be in the geart of Sask, would have been great to get piss drunk and be a cunt with my Brent Johnson jersey on

Have you ever been to a game at Taylor Field? It would have been a good time man, we generally don't beat on opposing fans if they're not complete assholes...we've got a sense of humour here and appreciate all CFL fans.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Fast_Eddie_Schenker wrote:Loved seeing Ritchie's Esks get boot-fucked tonight. Well done Als.
Was at the game last night. Man, did I feel bad (almost) for that Whitlock kid who's trying to replace Lumsden - what was Hall thinking, keeping him in and throwing him to the wolves like that? Only 29 yards rushing, 2 dropped potential TD passes, a fumble, and a ball bouncing off his head for an interception/defensive TD. Before the season I kept hearing that "with a healthy Jesse Lumsden the Esks can compete for the Western division title" - well, Lumsden's not healthy and the team I saw last night looked lost. Ricky Ray had no answer for the Als defence (admittedly tough with no running game), and the Als even blew a ton of chances on offence and missed a couple of field goals - they probably should have had 65 points!

At this rate the Als will have the Eastern division wrapped up by mid-season.

Fast Eddie - should be a great game between the Roughies and Als in Regina next weekend! I don't know what the schedule maker was thinking though - sending the Als to Calgary to open, then back home to play the Esks, then back out to Regina, and then a 5-day turnaround and a game (mercifully) against the Ti-cats.
Fast_Eddie_Schenker

Wow..we're one win away from an East division weekend sweep. (I hope that jinxs the Argos)

Deandra Cobb was a beast for Hamilton tonight. I remember him returning kicks for the Falcons a couple of yeears ago, but I had no idea he was in the Hammer now. Kenton Keith will be lucky to get his job back after he comes off the injury list. (hey Killdevil and Kid-Wicked...how long till Wally signes Casey Printers off the street? hehehe)

I'm loving Calgary at 0-2. If you asked the average Stamps fan two weeks ago how they'd do this year, you'd hear about how fucking good they were going to be. 18-0 huh? Suck it Cowtown. Maybe Winnipeg isn't as bad as i thought they'd be.

WOLF, i'm working on tracking down a pair of tickets for Rider/Als next week. Should be a great one...but first things first, beat the Argos...
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

What the hell? Did the league get turned upside down last night or what? Hamilton wins in BC?! Winnipeg dominates the Stamps?! I was hoping the Als would have a little cushion heading into Regina next weekend - guess not...
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

fuck, last week it was blocking. this week it was missed tackles and dropped balls. too many holding penalties.

just brutal.
Fast_Eddie_Schenker

Week 3

Interesting matchups...tough to pick all of them.

BC at Edmonton - Wally wants to avoid an 0-3 start. Will Edmonton give Arlee Whitlock a chance to redeem himself after having the worst individual performance in the history of human competition last week? I'm going with Edmonton, because they've been good at home so far in the pre/regular season.

Toronto at Calgary - Hufnagel really hammered the Stamps in practice this week apparently. They simply can't afford to lose this week. Toronto are better and Joseph looks comfortable in Andrus' offense, but I'll take Calgary by a touchdown.

Montreal at Saskatchewan - REALLY tough one to call. I'm going with the visitors because they've got a better QB and they've had a chance to see film on the Riders defensive schemes and blitz packages. This could be the week where the Riders young Canadian corner Donovan Alexander gets schooled. If the Riders can get good pressure up front and Durant keeps the mistakes to a minimum, the Riders will give themselves a chance in front of a sellout crowd on what should be beautiful day. I'm pumped about going to this one with my 5 year old son...his third Rider game and the first without his Mom there to distract him.

Winnipeg at Hamilton - the Spygate game. Both teams coming off big wins and riding high on confidence...this is a big early season game between two teams that will likely be battling for the final playoff spot in the East. Hamilton bites me on the ass every time I pick them...but I think they'll find a way to win in front of the Ivor Wynn faithful. We'll see if D'andra Cobb and Sadeeq Shabazz can keep up the POTW type performances they put in last week for thier respective teams.

GOOD week of football ahead. All you Americans who stumble into this thread should be paying attention to the CFL...it's great football.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Fast_Eddie_Schenker wrote:Week 3

Interesting matchups...tough to pick all of them.

BC at Edmonton - Wally wants to avoid an 0-3 start. Will Edmonton give Arlee Whitlock a chance to redeem himself after having the worst individual performance in the history of human competition last week? I'm going with Edmonton, because they've been good at home so far in the pre/regular season.

Toronto at Calgary - Hufnagel really hammered the Stamps in practice this week apparently. They simply can't afford to lose this week. Toronto are better and Joseph looks comfortable in Andrus' offense, but I'll take Calgary by a touchdown.

Montreal at Saskatchewan - REALLY tough one to call. I'm going with the visitors because they've got a better QB and they've had a chance to see film on the Riders defensive schemes and blitz packages. This could be the week where the Riders young Canadian corner Donovan Alexander gets schooled. If the Riders can get good pressure up front and Durant keeps the mistakes to a minimum, the Riders will give themselves a chance in front of a sellout crowd on what should be beautiful day. I'm pumped about going to this one with my 5 year old son...his third Rider game and the first without his Mom there to distract him.

Winnipeg at Hamilton - the Spygate game. Both teams coming off big wins and riding high on confidence...this is a big early season game between two teams that will likely be battling for the final playoff spot in the East. Hamilton bites me on the ass every time I pick them...but I think they'll find a way to win in front of the Ivor Wynn faithful. We'll see if D'andra Cobb and Sadeeq Shabazz can keep up the POTW type performances they put in last week for thier respective teams.

GOOD week of football ahead. All you Americans who stumble into this thread should be paying attention to the CFL...it's great football.
BC
Calgary
Sask
Hamilton

Fast Eddie - as much as I want to believe that my Als are the class of the league and will open 3-0 against Western opponents, I just can't see it happening. The Als always find a way to lose games, on the road, against Western opponents. I vividly remember last year's fiasco against the Roughies - it was Durant's coming out party!

Enjoy the game with your boy. Mine is 4 and he seemed to take an interest when I told him the me and Grandpa were going to the game vs Edmonton last week. I have some tickets for when the Riders are in town in August and am thinking about taking him.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

lions looked pretty good tonight. the edmonton D did not.
Fast_Eddie_Schenker

Kid-Wicked wrote:lions looked pretty good tonight. the edmonton D did not.
Quarterback controversy in Lion-Land...
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Fast_Eddie_Schenker wrote:
It never fucking ends with that shit over here
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

KillDevilHill wrote:
Fast_Eddie_Schenker wrote:
It never fucking ends with that shit over here
I think TSN said Pierce will be back in next week. I don't know about that... the offence looked better, and more diverse, with Jackson in there if you ask me.