The New England Patriots Are Super Bowl Champions

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

The New England Patriots Are Super Bowl Champions

Post by chungasrevenge »

I just wanted to reserve the space for February.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Re: The New England Patriots Are Super Bowl Champions

Post by JakeYonkel »

Yeah, OK.

Even Belichick's cheating couldn't help them last year.
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

JakeYonkel wrote:Yeah, OK.

Even Belichick's cheating couldn't help them last year.
No shit. Not gonna happen. The window has closed.
ImageImage
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

first round loss in the playoffs or not make them
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

Maybe not a Super Bowl, but I think they still have some gass in the tank. 11-5 without Brady last year was no slouch.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

That D has holes man, big holes. They have a shot, but no more then a team like the ravens or chargers
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Who's going to QB when Brady gets hurt this year?
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Actually, that would be the Eagles over the pats in the SB.
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

gr8twhte wrote:Maybe not a Super Bowl, but I think they still have some gass in the tank. 11-5 without Brady last year was no slouch.
They also had the easiest schedule in the league.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Punk wrote:
gr8twhte wrote:Maybe not a Super Bowl, but I think they still have some gass in the tank. 11-5 without Brady last year was no slouch.
They also had the easiest schedule in the league.
S.O.S. is a myth these days in the world of parity.

It is based on the previous season's record.

The Pats played 4 games vs Miami and NYJ whose combined 2007 record was 5-27.

In 2008 those teams finished 20-16.

SF was 5-11 in 2007, but a much better 7-9 last year.

Granted, Seattle turned out to be a cream puff and KC was a cream puff along with Oakland, but it's not like NE's schedule was a cakewalk last year.

Jets (twice), Dolphins (twice), Colts, Steelers and Chargers were all formindable, while the Bills and Broncos weren't pushovers (despite the final score of the Broncos game).

Plus, they pasted Arizona who, lucky as they may have been, were 2 minutes away from a SB victory.

Not the toughest schedule but certainly not a walk in the park.
GrayAntiMatter
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by GrayAntiMatter »

I don't see how they're not the favorite in the AFC East.....

and SOS is a bunch of crap....
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

I think the playoffs teams next year in the AFC are pretty easy to predict...New England, Indianapolis, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, and Baltimore.

So what that means is that probably 4 of those teams miss the playoffs.

Seriously, does anyone see any other teams making it?
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

Punk wrote:I think the playoffs teams next year in the AFC are pretty easy to predict...New England, Indianapolis, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, and Baltimore.

So what that means is that probably 4 of those teams miss the playoffs.

In a word.......no. Jacksonville could find their way in the mix......but Cleveland or Cincinnati???? or the Raiders or the Dolphins or Bills.......hell no!!!!!
ImageImage
GrayAntiMatter
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by GrayAntiMatter »

Punk wrote:I think the playoffs teams next year in the AFC are pretty easy to predict...New England, Indianapolis, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, and Baltimore.

Pretty safe bets....
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

Post by Monsters_of_Rock »

The Patriots will not win another Super Bowl for as long as Randy Moss is a member of their team. It's no coincedence that he played for the two biggest choke-artist teams of all-time (1998 Vikings and 2007 Patriots). His bad karma jinxed both of those teams.
"We're gonna score 17? OK!!! What is Plaxico playing defense now?"
--Tom Brady
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:The Patriots will not win another Super Bowl for as long as Randy Moss is a member of their team. It's no coincedence that he played for the two biggest choke-artist teams of all-time (1998 Vikings and 2007 Patriots). His bad karma jinxed both of those teams.
So a soccer player missing the first kick of his season, and an unknown receiver making a miraculous catch had to do with Moss because of...........Karma ??

Perhaps 1998 had more to do with Cunningham not being able to "win the big one" and 2007 had more to do with the Pats grossly overrated defensive prowess finally catching up to them in the title game.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

This is the best team on paper that the Patriots have had.

They will break the offensive records this year if healthy.
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

thejuggernaut wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:The Patriots will not win another Super Bowl for as long as Randy Moss is a member of their team. It's no coincedence that he played for the two biggest choke-artist teams of all-time (1998 Vikings and 2007 Patriots). His bad karma jinxed both of those teams.
So a soccer player missing the first kick of his season, and an unknown receiver making a miraculous catch had to do with Moss because of...........Karma ??

Perhaps 1998 had more to do with Cunningham not being able to "win the big one" and 2007 had more to do with the Pats grossly overrated defensive prowess finally catching up to them in the title game.
It wasn't their defense that choked. In fact, their defense played great in that game...it was the offense that sucked balls.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Punk wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

It wasn't their defense that choked. In fact, their defense played great in that game...it was the offense that sucked balls.
Not at all.

You could see that coming a mile away.

I saw it, as some may remember me stating their line was horrible, the pro bowl selections were a re farce and anyone with a good dline will tee off on them.

Their defense did indeed choke.

They had the lead with two and a half minutes left and the Giants on their own 17 yard line.

A couple of 3rd and longs, and a 4th down conversion. NE's defense just couldn't stop them.

Eli Manning, he of the oh so fleet feet, slipping out of the grasps for sacks.

Go back and look at NE's SB victories and notice their 4th quarter defense in each contest.

They are hailed as a great defensive team but in each SB victory, their d almost cost them in the 4th and they needed Brady and Vinatieri to bail them out.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Pats D missed a sack and that overrated shitbag Asante Samuel dropped an interception during the Giants game winning drive. They were in position to make the plays. Not that I'm bitter or anything.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

chungasrevenge wrote:Pats D missed a sack and that overrated shitbag Asante Samuel dropped an interception during the Giants game winning drive. They were in position to make the plays. Not that I'm bitter or anything.
Exactly.

Their D failed them.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

thejuggernaut wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote:Pats D missed a sack and that overrated shitbag Asante Samuel dropped an interception during the Giants game winning drive. They were in position to make the plays. Not that I'm bitter or anything.
Exactly.

Their D failed them.
On some plays, but the first blame has to go to the offensive line, backs and TE for not containing the rush more. That is where the Giants won the game.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

chungasrevenge wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
Exactly.

Their D failed them.
On some plays, but the first blame has to go to the offensive line, backs and TE for not containing the rush more. That is where the Giants won the game.

I'd put the blame more on the coaches.

That problem was obvious vs Baltimore and Philly, yet, stubbornly, the coaches refused to do anything about it.
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

Anytime my defense only gives up 17 points, my offense needs to win that game. I understand that "game winning drive" theory and in some regard agree with you, but I guess I expected such a vaunted offense to put up more than 13 paltry points, especially after that douchebag Brady laughed at Burress' prediction that they'd only score 17.

That gave me so much satisfaction I can't even explain...that gay fucking smirk and ass chin laughing at a prediction then can't even deliver THAT many points.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

Post by Monsters_of_Rock »

thejuggernaut wrote:

Yep.

Moss is the biggest douchebag in the history of pro sports. If the league had any integrity at all he would have been blacklisted by every team after his famous "I only try hard when I feel like it" statement.

Because he's such a bad apple, no team that he is a member of will ever win a Super Bowl. You can take it to the bank. As talented as he is, the negative outweighs the positive by a substantial margin. The Patriots would increase their odds of winning a Super Bowl this year by getting rid of him.

The guy has a history of compiling impressive stats in the regular season and then pulling a disappearing act in the playoffs when the competition gets tougher. When the going gets tough he goes into shutdown mode.
"We're gonna score 17? OK!!! What is Plaxico playing defense now?"
--Tom Brady
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

Yep.

Moss is the biggest douchebag in the history of pro sports. If the league had any integrity at all he would have been blacklisted by every team after his famous "I only try hard when I feel like it" statement.

Because he's such a bad apple, no team that he is a member of will ever win a Super Bowl. You can take it to the bank. As talented as he is, the negative outweighs the positive by a substantial margin. The Patriots would increase their odds of winning a Super Bowl this year by getting rid of him.

The guy has a history of compiling impressive stats in the regular season and then pulling a disappearing act in the playoffs when the competition gets tougher. When the going gets tough he goes into shutdown mode.
I see. So god punished the Vikings in 1998 for having a douche like Moss. So why did Atlanta lose to Denver? Did God get angry that Eugene Robinson was out tailing whores and decided to punish them for pissing away the opportunity he gave them ?

Perhaps God was angry that Brady was banging a super model while his wife was pregnant with his child and got really mad when he was ditching his teammates to go see his bastard child.

Hey, perhaps God allowed the Steelers to win last year because Boldin was being a crybaby about his contract and Matt Leinart is spawning bastard children everywhere.

The Pats lost because their terrible line caught up to them. Randy Moss loses effectiveness in the playoffs because teams scheme specifically to not get beat by him. It's not necessarily called "shutting down when it gets tough", it's called "there's more on the line and these teams have more depth hence why they're in the playoffs"

Randy Moss still gets double teamed, sometimes triple teamed - I'd like to know how it's his fault that the QBs and coaches aren't exploiting that fact. He's not a TO where he pays lip service to winning but has to get the ball - Randy Moss would actually be content winning with low numbers.

That's been clear throughout his career. Remember the "Randy Ratio" ? Remember how happy he was to be so featured,. even though the team lost ? Now remember how non disruptive he can be when on a team that wins and he doesn't have to be the leader ?

The guy was immature and didn't know how to handle being a leader or losing. He had a rough couple of year a few years back.

To say the league should blacklist him, though ? Are you nuts ? He's one of the great talents of all time and he just needs to be somewhere with strong leaders where he can just go do his job, the not so serious "catch a ball". When he was in Minny with Carter and Cunningham and all those veterans on the Vikes, he was fine. He is fine with the Pats. He started melting down when HE had to be a leader.

BTW, in the two "choke games" he was the only receiver to get into the end zone (NYG) and the only effective receiver (Atl, 1998). He did his part.

P.S. The biggest douchebag in the history of pro sports? Worse than OJ ? Worse than Rae Carruth ? Worse than Lawrence Phillips ? I am guessing you are either a Vikings or Raiders fan and are just pissed because he "quit on you"

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

thejuggernaut wrote:Not at all.

You could see that coming a mile away.

I saw it, as some may remember me stating their line was horrible, the pro bowl selections were a re farce and anyone with a good dline will tee off on them.

Their defense did indeed choke.

They had the lead with two and a half minutes left and the Giants on their own 17 yard line.

A couple of 3rd and longs, and a 4th down conversion. NE's defense just couldn't stop them.

Eli Manning, he of the oh so fleet feet, slipping out of the grasps for sacks.

Go back and look at NE's SB victories and notice their 4th quarter defense in each contest.

They are hailed as a great defensive team but in each SB victory, their d almost cost them in the 4th and they needed Brady and Vinatieri to bail them out.
Yup, their defense choked bigtime. Assante Samuel had the game sealing interception in his hands just prior to the helmet catch, an INT that he would normally make 9 out of 10 times, but dropped when he lost his concentration and started looking towards the end zone. He was thinking about his contract, not the game. Had he grabbed held on and stepped out of bounds, it would have been kneel down time for the Patriots. And Richard Overpaid Seymour had Manning in his grasp on the fluke play and let him go. That would have ended the game too. Had they made either one of those plays and they would have finished 19-0.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

chungasrevenge wrote:I just wanted to reserve the space for February.
Lickety's back?
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

This is the best roster in the history of the New England Patriots. Instant inpact rookies. Big impact. 5 star job this off season.

SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

I just wanted to update this thread; the Patriots ended up not being the champions of Super Bowl XLIV. Actually, they were destroyed in the Wild Card by the Ravens. It would be easy at this point to label them as losers and failures, but on closer examination they were in fact... well, ok...they were losers and failures.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.