Random observations about the 2009 NFL season.

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Random observations about the 2009 NFL season.

Post by Facedown »

It is being reported that Randy Moss has a separated shoulder.

Edit-He played with it for 11 games this past season.
Last edited by Facedown on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Facedown wrote:It is being reported that Randy Moss has a separated shoulder.
Does that mean he's no playing in the Super Bowl?!
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

UtahRatt wrote:Classy move by the Saints.

Veteran RB McAllister rejoins Saints
The Saints re-signed their popular all-time rusher on Friday with the intention of making him an honorary captain, but McAllister won't play in Saturday's divisional-round playoff game against the Arizona Cardinals, Saints coach Sean Payton said.

Payton said the Saints first discussed the idea of making McAllister an unofficial guest captain a couple weeks ago. When reserve defensive tackle Rodney Leisle hurt his knee and was unable to practice this week, Payton and general manager Mickey Loomis decided to make McAllister an official part of the team.
"We felt like it was appropriate for the divisional game," Payton said. "He's so well thought of. He's so well respected by the players."

McAllister has been out of football for about a year but participated in a closed practice at the club's suburban training headquarters.

"I'm speechless," McAllister said. "I don't know that there are words to describe this feeling. I do know that we have some unfinished business that we started a few years ago and we want to finish the deal."

McAllister has rushed for 6,096 career yards. His 55 total touchdowns and 49 rushing TDs are also club records, and he was a reliable pass-blocker throughout his career, stout enough at 6-foot-1, 230 pounds, to take on blitzing linebackers.
While this is a great story, it's kinda sad how the Saints have completely shut out Joe Horn. He still roots for them, though. He was HUGE in the community after Katrina.

Joe Horn feels unappreciated by the Saints
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 26, 2010 3:58 PM ET
It's been widely reported that when the New Orleans Saints beat the Arizona Cardinals in the divisional round of the playoffs, former Saints running back Deuce McAllister was brought back to be a part of it.

What's been largely overlooked is that another former Saint, wide receiver Joe Horn, was also at the Superdome. But while McAllister was honored on the field, Horn sat in the cheap seats and watched the game.

And in comments to Terence Moore of FanHouse, Horn, who played for the Saints from 2000 to 2006, suggests that he feels the Saints should have given him some recognition too.

"I never sat in the stands before, but I was up there with the fans, and they were just stunned to see me," Horn said. "I wanted to sit in the nose-bleed section. I wanted to be with the rowdy of the rowdies, and I also wanted to be me, and that's exactly what I was. The 50 to 100 people who got the autographs and the hugs from me, they got them, and they enjoyed themselves, and I enjoyed myself.

"But they kept asking me throughout the game, 'Joe, we love it that you're up here with us, sharing your hot dogs, eating popcorn with us, enjoying the game with us, but why aren't you down on the sidelines right now?' "

The reason Horn wasn't on the sidelines is that the Saints didn't want him there. Horn has been critical of Saints coach Sean Payton, so it's not a big surprise that Payton wouldn't want him around. But Horn said he's still a big Saints fan, and he wants them to win the Super Bowl.

"Every night I get down on my knees," Horn says, "hoping and praying that they pull it out."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... he-saints/
Fuck sigs.