Random observations about the 2009 NFL season.

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Random observations about the 2009 NFL season.

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Will the Colts be giving everyone that paid to attend yesterday's game a refund?
I'm hoping they give me some compensation for getting me beaten in my fantasy playoffs.
Lost the championship game by 6 points thanks to Peyton! All week I had the op to pick up Ryan but finally went with Peyton, the douche who got me there.

I was routing for the Colts, now I'm hoping they make a quick exit. FUCK THE COLTS FOR DESTROYING MY FANTASY TEAM!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:From 6-0 and the darlings of the NFL to 8-7 and most likely missing the playoffs. Ouch!
From a 3.5 game lead in the division, to losing the division with 3 weeks to spare... :D

Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

UtahRatt wrote:
Rainbow Bright wrote:
UtahRatt wrote: I understand being competitive and not happy when asked to hit the bench but to throw a fit AND toss your coach under the bus at a press conference? Fucking diva. It's really hard to like him, before the season I thought he would have a great year and I totally wanted him to.

Now, I want to see the Pack knock them outta the playoffs.
If he goes full heel, Bill Simmons will be fucking stoked.

I'm convinced Bill Simmons and MonstersOfRock are premature lamas from the same retarded litter.
You know what? I remember Simmons when he was good.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

demolition23 wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:From 6-0 and the darlings of the NFL to 8-7 and most likely missing the playoffs. Ouch!
From a 3.5 game lead in the division, to losing the division with 3 weeks to spare... :D

^^^^
and he's still a cunt.
Fuck sigs.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:
demolition23 wrote:

^^^^
and he's still a cunt.
'cos he got into a jawing match with Jay Cutler?!

Or because he's the best QB the division has seen since Elway?

(Brees not having hit his peak in his time with SD)
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

I could give a shit about his jawwing with Cutler. I've never had a problem with SD until this twat came along. He's an arrogant little fucktoad and I want his head mounted to a stake in my yard!
Fuck sigs.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:I could give a shit about his jawwing with Cutler. I've never had a problem with SD until this twat came along. He's an arrogant little fucktoad and I want his head mounted to a stake in my yard!
So if you don't care about that, what of his actions do you care about (other than the 8100 yards, 61-20 TD-INTs ratio and 105 passer rating he's put up over the last two seasons)?

Dude plays hard for his team and wins, and you apparently don't like him because he looks a little cocky and has a competitive attitude (in a professional sports league, for shame)...

Of course, now I've talked shit, Denver will sneak into the palyoffs and up-end the Chargers...)
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
LAglamrocker wrote:even Boise State could win the AFC East, Pats dont make the playoffs,ha,ha...send Brady to KC and get the USC backup back!
Hahaha, good one!!! :lol:
:lol:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:Let's see him drop 3 out of 4 like Boy Wonder did, and then we'll talk.
:lol: :lol:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

I'm a JETS fan, so whatever, but....

anyone else feel like Baltimore got jobbed by the refs against Pitt the other day? Some seriously ticky tack calls in that game against Baltimore. I was watching with some very very casual fans and even they were looking at me to explain what was happening and I couldn't.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Tommy wrote:I'm a JETS fan, so whatever, but....

anyone else feel like Baltimore got jobbed by the refs against Pitt the other day? Some seriously ticky tack calls in that game against Baltimore. I was watching with some very very casual fans and even they were looking at me to explain what was happening and I couldn't.
No, they got Jobbed by Derrick Mason who dropped the easiest TD pass in the history of the league.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:

No, they got Jobbed by Derrick Mason who dropped the easiest TD pass in the history of the league.

Agreed.

But the "holding" call on the TD run was nonsense.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Lets go Rams, beat the 49ers to give the Lions the tie-breaker for the worst team in the league & the #1 pick.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Redman77 wrote:Lets go Rams, beat the 49ers to give the Lions the tie-breaker for the worst team in the league & the #1 pick.
Are you hoping they draft Suh? Or would you prefer they add another player on offense to compliment Stafford?
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Redman77 wrote:Lets go Rams, beat the 49ers to give the Lions the tie-breaker for the worst team in the league & the #1 pick.
Are you hoping they draft Suh? Or would you prefer they add another player on offense to compliment Stafford?
Suh or Okung, but they need to address their O&D lines. There has also been talk of Berry, but I don't want a safety that high.
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

Tommy wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:

Agreed.

But the "holding" call on the TD run was nonsense.
Bullshit

I love how shitty teams complain constantly about calls that don't go their way rather than make plays that eliminate things like that. Baltimore's still getting in, Pittsburgh's not, so this conspiracy theory is dumb as shit. Baltimore still covered so there goes that theory as well.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Hey I'm on no one's side here. I just thought the refs might have been feeling left out and made sure they were a part of the game, which these assholes do in every sport from time to time.

Penalties were something like 110 - 30. Kinda lopsided.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Isn't there still another tiebreaker between those teams if they get the same record?

Plus who says Chicago will play hard against your Lions this week? How the Bears are ranked in the draft only helps Denver since they traded those picks to get Cutler.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Fuck beans I want some housecleaning done. If Lovie's job was saved yesterday I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.

Way to leave 7 catch and 150 yards on your fucking bench for thirteen games you miserable turd of a coach.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Cowboys vs eagles for
the NFC East.

Should be a great game. Possible both teams will face each other
in Round 1 of the playoffs. Even so, home field should be a factor.
As a Cowboys fan, I want them to win and secure home field for
at least 1 playoff game.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Garbageman wrote:
Isn't there still another tiebreaker between those teams if they get the same record?

Plus who says Chicago will play hard against your Lions this week? How the Bears are ranked in the draft only helps Denver since they traded those picks to get Cutler.
I assume its head to head play, in which case the Lions will go first. I'm also assuming the Rams are going QB with the first pick, so both players I listed will still be there. I just want the Lions to again be the worst team in the league.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Machado wrote:Cowboys vs eagles for
the NFC East.

at least 1 playoff game.
It's like you have a choice between which loss you want inside the Dallas Death Star. A regular season closer or a first round playoff game?
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Garbageman wrote:
the NFC East.

at least 1 playoff game.
It's like you have a choice between which loss you want inside the Dallas Death Star. A regular season closer or a first round playoff game?

New Season
New dedication
New Team Chemistry

I know shutting out the skins was hardly something difficult, but it seems Dallas is getting hot at the right time.
The playoffs will not be easy. Every team ahead of Dallas currently is very strong and will not be easy to defeat.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

YourMomma wrote:
the NFC East.

in Round 1 of the playoffs.
Unless the Eagles win then they would get the #2 seed and a first round bye.

Is that right? Damn the playoff possibilities are difficult to follow.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Machado wrote:
YourMomma wrote:
the NFC East.

in Round 1 of the playoffs.
Unless the Eagles win then they would get the #2 seed and a first round bye.

Is that right? Damn the playoff possibilities are difficult to follow.
Yeah, Minnesota's loss on Monday gives the Eagles the 2 seed and the bye if they beat Dallas.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Yeah, Minnesota's loss on Monday gives the Eagles the 2 seed and the bye if they beat Dallas.
Even more reason to win this game and keep the eagles from getting a bye.

Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Machado wrote:Is that right? Damn the playoff possibilities are difficult to follow.
Try following Denver. Technically right now they hold a spot, but they can win and not make the playoffs or lose and still make it.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Garbageman wrote:
Machado wrote:Is that right? Damn the playoff possibilities are difficult to follow.
Try following Denver. Technically right now they hold a spot, but they can win and not make the playoffs or lose and still make it.
Now that is a serious dilemma!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

You telling me it took the hands of stone 16 week to realize he needed to step up his game?
Frikkin guy should have been staying after practice season camp opened to catch 100 balls a day.

IRVING, Texas -- A few days after saying he would perform better if given more opportunities, Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams reversed field.

Williams said Wednesday that the onus is on him to earn more opportunities. He has only one catch in each of the past two games, during which he has had four passes fall incomplete after hitting him in the hands.

Quarterback Tony Romo threw only seven passes to Williams in wins over the New Orleans Saints and Washington Redskins.

Romo's only interception of December was a ball that ricocheted off Williams' hands to Redskins safety Reed Doughty. After Williams dropped a perfect throw during a two-minute drill before halftime, Romo didn't look his way again Sunday night.

"You know I have to get the confidence of my quarterback, because I didn't get a look after the first half," Williams said. "I didn't get a look in the second half. That's telling me that my quarterback has lost confidence in me, and so has the coordinator as far as calling plays for me.

"That's not on them. I don't blame them. I blame myself. I've got to get my crap together and try to help this team win some games in the playoffs."

Coach Wade Phillips praised Williams earlier this week by saying he "played really hard," but Williams acknowledges that he has been a disappointment since arriving from Detroit in a blockbuster trade last season.

"If I make the opportunities in my favor, make the plays, make the three or four plays a game, then that will relate to maybe five the next game," said Williams, who vows to catch 100 balls from the pitching machine after practice every day this week. "Make those and that relates to eight or nine the next game. Then, boom, there we go.

"But if I continue to do the things that I've been doing, then I'm going to mess around and be on the sideline, playing special teams."
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

Garbageman wrote:
Ummm no, they don't hold a spot. The Jets and Ravens hold the 2 wild cards, and are in with a win. It's impossible to "hold a spot" then not get in with a win.
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

Nope, if the season ended today, the Bengals would play the Jets, and the Patriots would play the Ravens.