UFL Football

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

UFL Football

Post by znuff_fan »

Tonight the new league debuts on Versus with California at Las Vegas. Anybody going to be watching? Curious to see if this league can make it. Not much hype on this league...the XFL had huge hype went in strong but still folded after 1 season.

However, the football may be better in this league....quite a few players with NFL experience.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: UFL Football

Post by UtahRatt »

I played in the UFL......Completely different league but got big eyed over the thread title.

I've heard very little about this new league, I'll have to investigate further.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Watching it now and dammmmmmm are those some butt ugly uniforms.

Right off the bat, both teams in light jerseys makes it a total cluster fuck visually. Denis Green and Jim Fossil coaching...OK...So far the game play seems decent, some good hitting....OOPS...Dude just dropped a pass.....

Pick your favorite team now!
California Redwoods
Florida Tuskers
Las Vegas Locomotives
New York Sentinels

I picked the New York Sentinels! They have the least gay name/uni's and also Koren "injury plagued" Robinson is on the squad.

Doug Flutie in the booth and Kordell Stewart on the sideline calling the shots...Whatever.

Now the skinny. WTF are you doing running a start up league with 4 fucking teams during football season? On top of starting it smack dab on the baseball playoffs your competing with the NFL and College?

If you're desperate because both your NFL and College teams suck and you hate baseball AND hockey.......And you have a lot of pot to smoke to enhance jersey tracers, this league is for you.

Fail.

PS, it's on the VS channel.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

:lol:

Locker room cam during half time! It's like reality TV! Nothing like watching a camera being shoved in the coaches face as he barks then bouncing around to catch a lot of dick adjusting and spandex ass pulling. FUCKING SUPER.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Should we form a fantasy league?

I'll take JP Lossman and you can have everyone else!
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Garbageman wrote:Should we form a fantasy league?

I'll take JP Lossman and you can have everyone else!
:lol:

We could make it a 4 person league, everyone gets 1 QB, Kicker and defense each.
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

The jerseys are crazy, hard to tell them apart really during play with both having blue on their pants/socks and the while/silver tops are hard to tell as well from farther away.

Kordell was not very good on the sidelines. I like how they say bringing you inside the locker room at halftime and interview right after a TD...this has never been done before....I guess everyone is trying to act like the XFL never exsisted, since they did those things first.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I was a big fan of the XFL and still miss it. NY/NJ Hitmen!
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

I just don't get why the XFL didn't make it. I mean alot of the games had 20,000-30,000 fans. There were some nice crowds....which is the same as the CFL gets.

I am going to keep watching this league anyway, I am a sucker for the underdog leagues.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

znuff_fan wrote:I just don't get why the XFL didn't make it. I mean alot of the games had 20,000-30,000 fans. There were some nice crowds....which is the same as the CFL gets.
A lot of it had to do with NBC getting dismal ratings and not being willing to support future seasons. A breaking point came when a game went into an overtime that lasted until 11:40 east coast time, which was over an hour after what the network thought would be the latest a game would run. That delayed Saturday Night Live 40 minutes (after local newscasts) until after midnight when J-Lo was hosting and they expected big numbers.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Garbageman wrote:
znuff_fan wrote:I just don't get why the XFL didn't make it. I mean alot of the games had 20,000-30,000 fans. There were some nice crowds....which is the same as the CFL gets.
A lot of it had to do with NBC getting dismal ratings and not being willing to support future seasons. A breaking point came when a game went into an overtime that lasted until 11:40 east coast time, which was over an hour after what the network thought would be the latest a game would run. That delayed Saturday Night Live 40 minutes (after local newscasts) until after midnight when J-Lo was hosting and they expected big numbers.
It would have been interesting to see it make at least 3 years, NBC got cold feet and pulled out, it would have ran Vince McMahon thin to keep it going.

The XFL had a lot of things going for it, if there ever was a start up league that was going to be successful the XFL was it.

I never had a chance in hell but filled out their online player application anyway.

One of the best football games I ever watched was an XFL game played in Chicago, fucking monsoon down poor mud bowl. Players was limping off the field every other play...Doubt there was 6 first downs the entire game. Just an ugly smash mouth football game.

Still got a NY/NJ Hitman shirt....Fuck I'd pay good money just to find another.
YYC
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by YYC »

UtahRatt wrote:

I found a practically mint LA Xtreme shirt in our local thrift store for $5. No idea if it's worth a dime, but i had to buy it regardless.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

YYC wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

I found a practically mint LA Xtreme shirt in our local thrift store for $5. No idea if it's worth a dime, but i had to buy it regardless.
Doubt it would be worth a dime but I think LA won the XFL championship? Million dollar game or something.

I bought several NY/NJ shirts at discount after the XFL folded but my late GF at the time stole them...She was from Jersey and thought they looked better on her.

Been thinking about having mine duplicated.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

I agree I loved the XFL and wish it kept on going...i loved how Jesse Ventura was one of the analysts and he would make fun of people, lol...i remember him once calling NFL quarterbacks "Jabronees", lol

and who could forget He hate me...i loved how you could pick what name to put on the back of your jersey...the XFL kinda had a Sludgy persona to it, lol
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

Also, I don't know about anybody else...but the XFL, I loved the "scramble for the ball" at the beginning of the game instead of a coin toss. Make the teams work for it. I remember 1 player getting hurt, broken collarbone or something due to the "scramble" but like any play in football, it is a chance you take...you can get hurt on any play. Oh...and no hate for the cheerleaders either, another positive for the XFL.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

znuff_fan wrote:Also, I don't know about anybody else...but the XFL, I loved the "scramble for the ball" at the beginning of the game instead of a coin toss. Make the teams work for it. I remember 1 player getting hurt, broken collarbone or something due to the "scramble" but like any play in football, it is a chance you take...you can get hurt on any play. Oh...and no hate for the cheerleaders either, another positive for the XFL.
The first play in the history of the XFL a dude broke his leg or something on that scramble. No fair catches on punts either.

The chicks were hot, hell I dug the black ball.

This UFL shit is going to fold fast, think they said it was a 30 million start up league. Of all the shit to throw away money on. They should have given me a couple mill and not even tried. They're gonna lose their ass.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

UtahRatt there's cheap XFL shirts and jerseys all over Ebay!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Off to Ebay!
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:
Florida Tuskers
Horrible unis? Check
Horrible names? Check
Overenthusiastic announcers? Check
Never been rosters? Check

Yep. Definitely a new league.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

New York at Florida tonight on HDNet. Does anybody even get that network? Guess I won't be watching this one.

Yeah, the black XFL ball...actually have it sitting on my computer desk. I have some Las Vegas Outlaws shit, since they were the team I chose, even though I should have been a fan on the Enforcers since I am closer to Chicago than Vegas. Hell for the whole year after the XFL folded...I thought it was another wrestling type work by Vince. I was assured he was going to pop up and say "and you thought we were done....here we are....cant kill us off that easily." But, that day never came. Damn NBC. I do remember Spike was happy with the ratings the XFL brought in.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

znuff_fan wrote:New York at Florida tonight on HDNet. Does anybody even get that network? Guess I won't be watching this one.

Yeah, the black XFL ball...actually have it sitting on my computer desk. I have some Las Vegas Outlaws shit, since they were the team I chose, even though I should have been a fan on the Enforcers since I am closer to Chicago than Vegas. Hell for the whole year after the XFL folded...I thought it was another wrestling type work by Vince. I was assured he was going to pop up and say "and you thought we were done....here we are....cant kill us off that easily." But, that day never came. Damn NBC. I do remember Spike was happy with the ratings the XFL brought in.
Can't blame NBC for killing it. No one watched it. The last 2 weeks had the worst ratings NBC ever had for any show. It needed to be on cable.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

I still have a Las Vegas Outlaws tee stashed away in my closet somewhere. The XFL was fun too watch on Saturday and Sunday nights until the networks started giving them the shaft.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:Can't blame NBC for killing it. No one watched it. The last 2 weeks had the worst ratings NBC ever had for any show. It needed to be on cable.
But it came outta the gate with killer ratings, it was popular, everyone heard about the XFL and giving it only one season was unfair. If it had a couple years to mature it would have done something.
The biggest smack was the sloppy play, that would have improved with a second or third season.

It didn't get a fair shot and I personally think the NFL was nervous.
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

znuff_fan wrote:New York at Florida tonight on HDNet. Does anybody even get that network? Guess I won't be watching this one.
I looked for the game last night just to check it out. This explains why I couldn't find it.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

cc117 wrote:
I looked for the game last night just to check it out. This explains why I couldn't find it.
It wasn't on VS? Was the other night. After the NLDS I was in and out the rest of the night...Meant to check.

I'd watch another game, give a shot what the hell.
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

There are 2 games every week. One is on Versus and the other is on HDNet. Through my cable it is a pay channel and really have no interest in giving those crooked money hungry bastards (the cable company) any more money than what they already soak.
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

Ok, if anybody was interested in seeing any of this. I did see that the games are actually posted online under video on demand in the schedule section.

http://www.ufl-football.com/schedule
LuciferSanchez
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by LuciferSanchez »

I read somewhere that on Versus network the UFL has higher ratings than the NHL.

If that's true, damn shame for the NHL.
"You can be a conceited asshole, just as long as you're a conceited asshole who's also a famous dead genius rock star in disguise."
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

Tonight on Vs the Florida Tuskers head to Sam Boyd Stadium to face the Las Vegas Locomotives. They keep talking like this is a preview to the championship game. WTF...I hate when league/media does that shit. As per California's coach Denny Green said in Arizona "if your gonna crown them then crown them....they are who we thought they were."

Still giving this one a chance. I chose the Redwoods for my team to cheer for, but according to the media I might as well stop watching now.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

znuff_fan wrote:Tonight on Vs the Florida Tuskers head to Sam Boyd Stadium to face the Las Vegas Locomotives. They keep talking like this is a preview to the championship game. WTF...I hate when league/media does that shit. As per California's coach Denny Green said in Arizona "if your gonna crown them then crown them....they are who we thought they were."

Still giving this one a chance. I chose the Redwoods for my team to cheer for, but according to the media I might as well stop watching now.
Just set the timer, if I'm around I'll check it out. Just hope they don't wear the same light colors as last week's that was a cluster fuck to watch.