Tom Brady : least valuable player?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

Tom Brady : least valuable player?

Post by Monsters_of_Rock »

"We're gonna score 17? OK!!! What is Plaxico playing defense now?"
--Tom Brady
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Tom Brady : least valuable player?

Post by UtahRatt »

poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

A guy coming off of major surgery is having a bad start, but it still doesn't come close to your boy's disastrous 06 season when he threw 29 INTs and had a QB rating of 70.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

bane wrote:A guy coming off of major surgery is having a bad start, but it still doesn't come close to your boy's disastrous 06 season when he threw 29 INTs and had a QB rating of 70.
Nor has he thrown 6 ints in a game (playoffs, at that).

He also hasn't averaged an INT per game, something the mighty Favre has done 11 times in his career. More than half of his career he has had seasons where he averaged an INT per game.

But hey, there's no correlation at all between Brady's 3 title and low turnover totals.

I mean, even though the statistics clearly show the teams who turn it over the least amount of times are usually the most successful, that stat really doesn't matter.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

bane wrote:A guy coming off of major surgery is having a bad start, but it still doesn't come close to your boy's disastrous 06 season when he threw 29 INTs and had a QB rating of 70.
Also, the hilarious part is that his numbers aren't even bad; they're just not as monstrous as the last season he played.

A %60 completion, with a 3-1 td-int ratio and his int % is %1.

Apparently this is a "down year" for Brady.

I am pretty sure that Favre would love for these kinds of numbers to be a down year for him.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

It's good you can have a sense of humor about posting a link that completely destroys your entire argument:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:Because I'm a Favre fan and see through the media's overglorification of Brady and Montana, that makes you assume that something must be wrong with me? Wow, get over yourself. :roll:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:Not only is Favre better than those two overrated media darlings, it isn't even close.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

thejuggernaut wrote:

He also hasn't averaged an INT per game, something the mighty Favre has done 11 times in his career. More than half of his career he has had seasons where he averaged an INT per game.

But hey, there's no correlation at all between Brady's 3 title and low turnover totals.

I mean, even though the statistics clearly show the teams who turn it over the least amount of times are usually the most successful, that stat really doesn't matter.
The most important stat for QBs is low INT percentage... RIGHT, that's why Neil O'Donnell is considered one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game. :roll:

Get a clue, jackass.
--Tom Brady
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

The most important stat for QBs is low INT percentage... RIGHT, that's why Neil O'Donnell is considered one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game. :roll:

Get a clue, jackass.
Of course, you can show us all where I said the most important stat is a low int percentage, right cheerleader ?
bane

Post by bane »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:

Get a clue, jackass.
A QB rating of 70. 70 dude. There's no wriggling out of that. Favre is great, sometimes, but he's fucking horrendous sometimes too. He's Dr. Jekyl and Mr. fucking Hyde. If it weren't for his moron streak he'd go down as one of the best ever, but he does have that tendency, so he'll go down as a HOF QB that had a better arm than he did a head.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

bane wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:

Get a clue, jackass.
A QB rating of 70. 70 dude. There's no wriggling out of that. Favre is great, sometimes, but he's fucking horrendous sometimes too. He's Dr. Jekyl and Mr. fucking Hyde. If it weren't for his moron streak he'd go down as one of the best ever, but he does have that tendency, so he'll go down as a HOF QB that had a better arm than he did a head.
In the past 20 years, only 2 teams have won Super Bowls with QBs averaging an INT or higher.

2000 Baltimore Ravens, Trent Dilfer throwing 11 in 11 games.

2007 NY Giants, Eli Manning throwing 20 in 16 games. Of course, the Eli Manning case is a special one in that when Shockey went down, the light went on for him finally, as he's thrown only 17 ints in 29 games since Shockey stopped being a part of his passing game after averaging over an int per game while Shockey was a part of it.

But hey, there's no correlation.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

thejuggernaut wrote:
bane wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:

Get a clue, jackass.
In the past 20 years, only 2 teams have won Super Bowls with QBs averaging an INT or higher.

2007 NY Giants, Eli Manning throwing 20 in 16 games. Of course, the Eli Manning case is a special one in that when Shockey went down, the light went on for him finally, as he's thrown only 17 ints in 29 games since Shockey stopped being a part of his passing game after averaging over an int per game while Shockey was a part of it.

Okay... so Favre will throw less than 16 this year. Your point?
--Tom Brady
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

First, the only Yahoo sports blog worth is Ball Don't Lie. Skeets is the fucking man and Daulerio needs his ass back for basketball season.

Second, as much as I loathe Tom Brady and the New England Patriots, his reason of suckitude is justified. JaMarcus Russell on the other hand, could lose to last year's Lions squad, the 15 win Miami heat two seasons ago and the Washington Generals. He almost is on par with Bert's disaster campaign of yore.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:In the past 20 years, only 2 teams have won Super Bowls with QBs averaging an INT or higher.

Okay... so Favre will throw less than 16 this year. Your point?
There are two amusing things about that:

1. How you say that as though the odds are in favor of him NOT throwing 16 or more.

2. How your cluelessness about the sport renders you unable to put two and two together.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bret Michaels and Brett Favre....

I bet he has a poster of each on the walls in his bedroom.

Talk about mentally underdeveloped. He wont be happy till everyone see it his way. Unfortunately for him we progressed past the age of 12.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

UtahRatt wrote:He wont be happy till everyone see it his way.
That could be said for all those of you who continue to badmouth Favre. Admit it, you know it's true.
--Tom Brady
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
That could be said for all those of you who continue to badmouth Favre. Admit it, you know it's true.
Of course it's true because......it's true.

Favre is not one of the top 5 ever. Top 10 for sure. Top 5, no way.

No turnover machine should be considered the top of anything.

It's one of the reasons why I consider Ronnie Brown to be a better RB than Adrian Peterson.
bane

Post by bane »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
Favre is getting badmouthed here because you're jocking him so hard. There's also some backlash because anytime anyone or anything is that hyped people get sick of it. I doubt one football fan on this board truly thinks that Favre isn't a great QB. He is by anybody's definition a future HOF guy, but he isn't THE best, not even close. He's got some great qualities. His toughness and willingness to take the ball and get it done under bad circumstances have always been admirable but he's not even the best guy playing right now let alone ever. When it's all said and done the best QB of all time might be a certain guy that plays for Indiannapolis.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:

Bitch, explain to me why you're alone on an island with your loverboy opinion?

Everyone thinks your a cock gobbling retard for a reason.

Most will agree he's great but you refuse to pull your fucking head outta your ass until someone says "HE'S DA BEST EVER!"

You're fucking hopeless, a grown adult with a child like nutswinger mentality.

And before you say they're fucking haters clobber your fucking self with a tack hammer. It's been said a hundred times but it's not sinking in, just because they don't say "HE'S DA BEST EVER" don't mean they're a fucking hater ya dip shit.

You truly are one of the dimmest posters on the internet, blind as a fucking bat.
LetUsPrey
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by LetUsPrey »

Monsters_of_Rock is like the Pee13 of sports discussions.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

LetUsPrey wrote:Monsters_of_Rock is like the Pee13 of sports discussions.
Funnily enough, he is apparently a Poison nutswinger as well.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

bane wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
Favre is getting badmouthed here because you're jocking him so hard. There's also some backlash because anytime anyone or anything is that hyped people get sick of it. I doubt one football fan on this board truly thinks that Favre isn't a great QB. He is by anybody's definition a future HOF guy, but he isn't THE best, not even close. He's got some great qualities. His toughness and willingness to take the ball and get it done under bad circumstances have always been admirable but he's not even the best guy playing right now let alone ever. When it's all said and done the best QB of all time might be a certain guy that plays for Indiannapolis.
He was getting badmouthed long before I made the choice to speak out and give a contrary opinion. It's trendy to root against him, but I'm not one to jump on trends. So, I'll continue to root for him just as I have for so many years.
--Tom Brady
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:He was getting badmouthed long before I made the choice to speak out and give a contrary opinion. It's trendy to root against him, but I'm not one to jump on trends. So, I'll continue to root for him just as I have for so many years.
Shut the fuck up you're a fan fag, giving contrary opinion isn't creating several threads and talking till you're blue in the fucking face.

It's one thing to say he's great, it's something else to stroke his cock with ever post you make. You're are an adult male groupie, get a hold of your fucking self.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

UtahRatt wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:He was getting badmouthed long before I made the choice to speak out and give a contrary opinion. It's trendy to root against him, but I'm not one to jump on trends. So, I'll continue to root for him just as I have for so many years.
Shut the fuck up you're a fan fag, giving contrary opinion isn't creating several threads and talking till you're blue in the fucking face.

It's one thing to say he's great, it's something else to stroke his cock with ever post you make. You're are an adult male groupie, get a hold of your fucking self.
I guess MOR is the ultimate example in what separates a fan from a fanboy.

Fan - "Fuck, Meyer, put someone in to block. Fuck, Meyer, bench that useless piece of shit".

Fanboy - "Meyer has never made a bad decision in his life"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

thejuggernaut wrote:I guess MOR is the ultimate example in what separates a fan from a fanboy.

Fan - "Fuck, Meyer, put someone in to block. Fuck, Meyer, bench that useless piece of shit".

Fanboy - "Meyer has never made a bad decision in his life"

Fan - Favre is a great QB.

Fanboy - ARE YOU KIDDING? HE'S THE BEST QB OF ALL TIME! LOOK AT THE STATS! THEY DON'T LIE!

Fan - Well his player rating is low compared to some other greats, he's thrown a lot of INT's and choked in some big games.

Fanboy - HAVE YOU SEEN HIS RECORDS? HE'S TOSSED ENOUGH YARDS TO FLY TO THE FUCKING MOON! THE FUCKING MOON! STATS DON'T LIE! HE'S THE GREATEST EVER, YOU'RE A HATER!

Fan - No. I hate you but you are building a good case to start hating him.

Fanboy - SEE I KNEW YOU WAS A HATER.

Fan - Oh brother.

New thread: Frank Gore on the IR

Fanboy - Farve was never on the IR!

Fan - Farve plays in a plastic bubble QB rule era.

Fanboy - HE'S STILL THE GREATEST QB EVER!

Fan - Man shut the fuck up already.

Fanboy - Just stating my opinion, you're a Farve hater.

Fan - Am now.....Thanks.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

UtahRatt wrote:

I root for him and acknowledge his achievements. Others root against him and try to downplay his achievements. That's it, nothing more and nothing less.
--Tom Brady
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:I root for him and acknowledge his achievements. Others root against him and try to downplay his achievements. That's it, nothing more and nothing less.
Yes there is more. Cheerleaders like you make people wanna down play his achievements.

Your idea of giving an opinion is climbing the tallest building with a bull horn and wearing a cape.

If there was nothing more we wouldn't have several fucking threads with your jiz splattered all over the Locker....Not including the other shit from last year.

You're not just a fan with an opinion, you're a FanFag riding an elephant with an air horn.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

UtahRatt wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:I root for him and acknowledge his achievements. Others root against him and try to downplay his achievements. That's it, nothing more and nothing less.
Yes there is more. Cheerleaders like you make people wanna down play his achievements.

Your idea of giving an opinion is climbing the tallest building with a bull horn and wearing a cape.

If there was nothing more we wouldn't have several fucking threads with your jiz splattered all over the Locker....Not including the other shit from last year.

You're not just a fan with an opinion, you're a FanFag riding an elephant with an air horn.
I'm openly rooting for my favorite player. Not a big deal, get over it.
--Tom Brady
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:I'm redundantly rooting for my favorite player to the extreme volume that I can't even acknowledge my annoyance to others or my homosexual feelings within myself.
Since you don't get it.

I fixed your quote the way the rest of the world views your spew.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

UtahRatt wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:I'm redundantly rooting for my favorite player to the extreme volume that I can't even acknowledge my annoyance to others or my homosexual feelings within myself.
Since you don't get it.

I fixed your quote the way the rest of the world views your spew.
Obsessed. :roll:
--Tom Brady
LetUsPrey
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by LetUsPrey »

I can't believe Monsters_of_Rock isn't a chick

That's pathetic