The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by WOLF »

Facedown wrote:It's good to know, since the B's get all the calls, that the refs will have no problem giving them 2 PP's in OT up in Montreal.......oh wait.
j/k

Hell of a game.
Those WERE penalties, though I don't know if I would have called the 2nd one myself.

Habs smothered the Bruins the first 2 periods; Bruins didn't let Price see anything in the 3rd, and were dominant in the 1st OT.

Series will come down to goaltending and special teams. Last night, the Habs won that battle, but also got lucky.

What's shocking to me is that the Habs are getting results with their 1st line (Desharnais/Pacioretty/Vanek) contributing NOTHING.

This should be a long series, but Bruins better win on Saturday, because this Habs team is better than the one that blew a 2-0 series lead a few years ago.

I hope the game goes to 3 OT tomorrow, just to fuck NBC and their Derby coverage.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

The Habs stars were stars with PK and Price. Goddamn, Subban's shot is a thing of beauty. Bourque came out of woodwork. I feel good about the B's scoring chances but who knows with the voodoo stuff surrounding these teams.

Embarrassed by the racist bullshit. Malcolm must feel great about the lunatic fringe part of the fanbase.
Last edited by chungasrevenge on Fri May 02, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

chungasrevenge wrote: Embarrassed by the racist bullshit. Especially with Malcolm tearing it up in Providence. And Subban's parents were in the house.
A few idiots in every crowd and fan base. The same kind of morons boo the US anthem here.

Best thing to do is not give them the publicity they crave.

Any real Bruins fan knows Malcolm is on his way, and has a clue about Iginla's heritage.

Die hards also know where the first black player in the NHL played.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

WOLF wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote: Embarrassed by the racist bullshit. Especially with Malcolm tearing it up in Providence. And Subban's parents were in the house.
A few idiots in every crowd and fan base. The same kind of morons boo the US anthem here.

Best thing to do is not give them the publicity they crave.

Any real Bruins fan knows Malcolm is on his way, and has a clue about Iginla's heritage.

Die hards also know where the first black player in the NHL played.
More idiots than usual of late. The bandwagon couldn't be fuller. And they're driving up prices by 40%.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Some idiot Rags fans were pulling the racist shit on Wayne Simmonds early in our series. Fucking lame no matter who's doing it.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

I think there are going to be pricks at any game in any city unfortunately.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Some idiot Rags fans were pulling the racist shit on Wayne Simmonds early in our series. Fucking lame no matter who's doing it.
Lets just call them "idiot fans" please....They run in all teams fan base. I want to punch them myself.

Go Rangers!
For someone who doesn't get to watch a lot of games the pen's seem inconsistent to sloppy at times. I picked them to win in 6. Game one was a good start but it's only one.
3 years in a row? the Ranges 1st round goes 7 and they look beat and get beat in round 2? Game one surprised me, they didn't look like the same tired team the last couple years. I had that haunting feeling going into this Pen's series.

I just want anyone to beat up Boston. Sweep the knee, whatever it takes.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Yut343 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:Some idiot Rags fans were pulling the racist shit on Wayne Simmonds early in our series. Fucking lame no matter who's doing it.
Lets just call them "idiot fans" please....They run in all teams fan base. I want to punch them myself.

Go Rangers!
For someone who doesn't get to watch a lot of games the pen's seem inconsistent to sloppy at times. I picked them to win in 6. Game one was a good start but it's only one.
3 years in a row? the Ranges 1st round goes 7 and they look beat and get beat in round 2? Game one surprised me, they didn't look like the same tired team the last couple years. I had that haunting feeling going into this Pen's series.

I just want anyone to beat up Boston. Sweep the knee, whatever it takes.
They're not fans, they're fucking scum. Sore losing pieces of shit scum.

Game 2 underway, Boston is playing really well… then again so is Price...
Habs need to test Rask more. 6 shots/period won't cut it.

Price can't do everything.

If Habs go down by 2 it's game over. Especially with top line doing balls.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Habs really crumbled towards the end there eh?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

UtahRatt wrote:Habs really crumbled towards the end there eh?
EPIC fuckin' collapse. HORRIBLE. Might have cost them the series.

Habs had they heavyweight champ on the ropes and stopped punching. The Habs played a brilliant game for 2.5 periods and then just said "here, have the puck and try to score", which the Bruins did, OFTEN.

Fans were turning on the Bruins, they had no life, were getting sucked into dumb penalties, and then BOOM. We were like the three stooges, getting in Price's way and just bumbling everything. Bouillon scored twice ON HIS OWN NET.

Wow! That's as bad as it gets. A series changer.

I would bag skate them at 7:00 AM tomorrow!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

UtahRatt wrote:Habs really crumbled towards the end there eh?
8)
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Subban is a great talent but continues to prove he's the biggest pussy in the league.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Facedown wrote:Subban is a great talent but continues to prove he's the biggest pussy in the league.
How so?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Now this is the Tired Ranger team I remember watching. I bet we could put a Sludge Posters PP line together and defend against the Rangers.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

UtahRatt wrote:Now this is the Tired Ranger team I remember watching. I bet we could put a Sludge Posters PP line together and defend against the Rangers.
I think they've played 6 times in 9 days. There was concerns about the schedule, although they said they weren't thinking about it.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

WOLF wrote:
Facedown wrote:Subban is a great talent but continues to prove he's the biggest pussy in the league.
How so?
:lol:

Cross checks Chara in the chest and then immediately turns and runs, not slowly skates but runs away from him. Hell, he could have gotten the team another PP if he manned up.
He can say all he wants about his foot slipping on the Thornton play but a guy his size should be able to take a hit instead of ducking.
Love to see him in a B's uniform but I would think the organization would sew his vagina shut before he hit the ice.
:mrgreen:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

pieceofme wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Now this is the Tired Ranger team I remember watching. I bet we could put a Sludge Posters PP line together and defend against the Rangers.
I think they've played 6 times in 9 days. There was concerns about the schedule, although they said they weren't thinking about it.
In my eyes it was the factor.
The Rangers sucking wind right from the start and the Pen's still didn't look dominating. Lundqvist was the only one up for the task. It was a sloppy game. Still not convinced the Rangers can take the series from watching them in the past struggle through a rough schedule but at this stage they could use Callahan back.

The pen's spent most of the first in the Sin Bin and you couldn't tell there was an advantage which is different then not finding the net during their PP drought.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Facedown wrote:
WOLF wrote:
How so?

Cross checks Chara in the chest and then immediately turns and runs, not slowly skates but runs away from him. Hell, he could have gotten the team another PP if he manned up.
He can say all he wants about his foot slipping on the Thornton play but a guy his size should be able to take a hit instead of ducking.
Love to see him in a B's uniform but I would think the organization would sew his vagina shut before he hit the ice.
:mrgreen:
Can't remember all the details of the Chara thing.

Thornton's hit would have been high, and late. He may have saved Thornton from a suspension. :D
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Yut343 wrote:I'll agree with you on that Subban hit on Chara… but the Bruins are playing way dirtier with most (not all) of the penalties that they're getting.
The B's deserved most of the penalties they got for sure but it's the ones they're not calling on the Habs that is frustrating.
It sure isn't going to get any better up there.
Sports radio is having a blast with this stuff.
Don't go into the corners, you'll get a penalty.
Don't put your stick anywhere near the body or the skates, you'll get a penalty.
Walk away from their antics, you'll get a penalty.
Want payback for their antics? First regular season game, start a bloodbath. Use Gallagher as a bat and beat the shit out of Subban with him.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Quite the turnaround by the Pens, or is at crash by the Rangers?
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

WOLF wrote:Quite the turnaround by the Pens, or is at crash by the Rangers?
The Rangers are probably worn out. The thing that sucks as a Philly fan is that the Flyers have Pittsburgh's number and would likely be beating them right now.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Great battle between Rask and Price tonight. What a series this is. These two teams are so evenly matched.

2 games a piece, 11 goals each, an OT win each, every game essentially a one goal game (taking away empty netters).

This thing is going deep. AGAIN.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
The Rangers are probably worn out. The thing that sucks as a Philly fan is that the Flyers have Pittsburgh's number and would likely be beating them right now.
Exactly. *womp*womp*
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Nice goal by Malkin 8)

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Wow! Shawn Thornton squirts water on Subban's visor DURING THE COURSE OF PLAY.

That's dangerous and just about the worst example of sportsmanship I can imagine. The Bruins should fine him, let alone the league.

I played for a long time, You don't do that, not even in a beer league. Classless.

Habs will win Monday and come back to Boston for game 7. Write it down.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:Wow! Shawn Thornton squirts water on Subban's visor DURING THE COURSE OF PLAY.

That's dangerous and just about the worst example of sportsmanship I can imagine. The Bruins should fine him, let alone the league.

I played for a long time, You don't do that, not even in a beer league. Classless.

Habs will win Monday and come back to Boston for game 7. Write it down.
Its the Bruins. What do you expect.

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
I said this on facebook. After watching the Rangers go 7 games in the first round the last 3 years they're beat, done, finished the next. Also mentioned before the 7th vs Philly that Philly would have a better shot at the Pen's then the Rangers.

The Pen's are playing sloppy and inconsistent, it's not like they're dominating. The Rangers have been sucking wind from game one. Playing 7 games in two week or basically every other day in the playoffs, the Rangers can't keep up with the schedule. It will take a Bert miracles

Picked the Pen's in 6 before the series and thought Philly would have taken the Pen's in 6.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Yut343 wrote:K seriously, what the fuck is up with the water squirting. FIrst Thornton on Subban and now this shit:

It's one thing at a stoppage in a play, or after a period, another during the course of play. One is gamesmanship, though still childish; the other is just dangerous and can impact the game. Wonder where Thornton's line is? Will he reach out with his stick and trip an opposing D man skating backwards through the neutral zone?

I like that Claude Julien stepped up and said "you want to be able to support your players, but some things you can't support..."
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Thornton was protecting Subban.
He was making sure there was enough water when he took his next dive.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Facedown wrote:Thornton was protecting Subban.
He was making sure there was enough water when he took his next dive.
Except for the fact he doesn't dive half as much as Marchand. It's a nice myth that has been perpetuated by the folks in Boston about Subban, and the Habs, diving, but in fact the Bruins are likely the bigger divers of the two (and definitely the bigger whiners).