The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by Facedown »

WOLF wrote:
Facedown wrote:Thornton was protecting Subban.
He was making sure there was enough water when he took his next dive.
:lol:
Except for the fact he doesn't dive half as much as Marchand. It's a nice myth that has been perpetuated by the folks in Boston about Subban, and the Habs, diving, but in fact the Bruins are likely the bigger divers of the two (and definitely the bigger whiners).
Wow.
Should we go into the penalty stats the last couple of seasons?
I think fans throwing trash at the B's as they left the ice is a lot more dangerous than getting water squirted in your face. You would think he squirted acid or something.
Did the phone lines light up again?
pieceofme wrote:Its the Canadiens. What do you expect.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Zander Kelly
Recording Your Demo

Post by Zander Kelly »

Rangers, Pens, Bruins, Canadians, Kings, Ducks..........all these teams are fighting it out just to get their asses eventually handed to them by the Blackhawks. These teams are good, but the Hawks are just a bit better. But ya know, in the crazy world of playoff hockey, anything can and will happen.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
WOLF wrote:Quite the turnaround by the Pens, or is at crash by the Rangers?
The Rangers are probably worn out. The thing that sucks as a Philly fan is that the Flyers have Pittsburgh's number and would likely be beating them right now.
Exactly. *womp*womp*

*WOMP* *WOMP*! Go RANGERS!

Do Penguin's fly North or South after it's over?

The Pen's were inconsistent, the Rangers will have to play better to beat the habs or that other team I couldn't care less about. Go Canadians!

I can't believe that shitty Blackhawks team is still around but they're playing the weakest team in hockey so go figure. I thought the Wild was a mid-level team......
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

UtahRatt wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
The Rangers are probably worn out. The thing that sucks as a Philly fan is that the Flyers have Pittsburgh's number and would likely be beating them right now.
Exactly. *womp*womp*

*WOMP* *WOMP*! Go RANGERS!

I agree...Fuuuuck The Pens. All day, every day.
The "*womp*womp*" was for The Flyers, neither of the other douche bags. I was actually just rooting for someone to run on the ice with an ice pick and start stabbing members of both teams.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:I agree...Fuuuuck The Pens. All day, every day.
The "*womp*womp*" was for The Flyers, neither of the other douche bags. I was actually just rooting for someone to run on the ice with an ice pick and start stabbing members of both teams.
Yeah I got ya but I kind of like the Plyers and Pen's. Didn't think the Rangers would take the Pen's and I really don't want to say I'm happy with them just being in the 3rd round but after the last few years it's nice to see they broke through the game 7 curse. I'm happy they've made it this far.

Go Boston.....Go home!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

I think this is the end of the Pens as we know them. They looked good there for 10 days or so, but really fell off a cliff. A team with Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, Neal, Letang, some good defensive players, etc should perform better.

Coach is gone, and they'll be some changes to the makeup of the team too.

Go Habs Go! Pressure is all on Boston. Habs finished 27th in the league two years ago, and were a first round casualty last year. Being where they are is a bonus. I'm hoping Price's Olympic experience pays off tonight. Bruins have mad firepower, but I like what the Habs did last game, sitting Murray and Moen, and playing smaller, speedier players in Briere and Beaulieu. We have to play north/south tonight.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Time to get heavily sedated and hope for the best. Subban haunts my dreams. And of course the game will go to OT.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

KANER. Never gets old.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

WOLF wrote:I think this is the end of the Pens as we know them. They looked good there for 10 days or so, but really fell off a cliff. A team with Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, Neal, Letang, some good defensive players, etc should perform better.

Shero needs to take some accountability as well.

http://deadspin.com/dan-bylsma-was-doom ... socialflow

Changes are coming in Pittsburgh but they're not going to be the right ones. After the Penguins punted a 3-1 series lead and home Game 7 to the Rangers, you can bet any amount of money you like that coach Dan Bylsma will be fired. Only because it's easier to fire a coach than it is to find six decent forwards.

Bylsma's axing is inevitable but it won't be wholly fair. People in Pittsburgh won't like to hear this but these Penguins were never going to win a Stanley Cup with the roster as it's currently constituted. Though the company line is that GM Ray Shero has done all in his power to surround the two greatest offensive collaborators in the game today — Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin — with the talent they need to once again win it all, that's clearly not the case. Bylsma's going to get the blame, but Shero's the reason this team needs to be broken up.

A lot is going to be made of the fact that Crosby scored a single goal in this series. So many awful columns are on their way (here's one now!). Why didn't Bylsma do more with him? Why couldn't he will the team to victory? That's what elite players and coaches do: They rise to the occasion. But the team that dominated score-close possession (56.5 percent corsi-for) was also fairly unlucky (Crosby's 5.26 shooting percentage in the series was right in line with the Penguins' 5.1 mark as a team).

Plus, look at what Crosby was saddled with. Chris Kunitz — a fine player but no world-beater — was a constant on his line, but everything else for most of the series, and in Game 7 in particular, was a mess. Sometimes you'd get Malkin on the wing, but more often it was Lee Stempniak or Brian Gibbons over there, providing very little in the way of positive play (a combined four shot attempts between them last night). You probably owe it to Crosby to give him a little bit more help than that. Bylsma only had so much to work with.

Pascal Dupuis is Crosby's regular linemate, but he's been injured since late December. Like Kunitz, he's one of those guys whose points and possession totals are dragged to something resembling impressiveness through Crosby's talent alone. The biggest reason for this latest Penguins disappointment can be summed up pretty succinctly: Shero couldn't find more than two or three guys who can mesh with the best player in the world, and none would have been top-line players on any truly competitive team.

Crosby and Malkin are giants in this sport, and Kunitz and James Neal provide good-to-very-good sidekick services depending on the particular night (and whether Neal decides he wants to play smart hockey, which isn't always a given). Beyond that, it's tough to say who the next-best Penguins forward is. It's probably Jussi Jokinen, a solid 60-point guy in his time with Pittsburgh, but it's a pretty steep drop to him, and even steeper after. The rest is a mishmash of names that most national audiences will have only heard in passing: Brian Gibbons, Brandon Sutter, Joe Vitale, Tanner Glass, Craig Adams, Lee Stempniak, Marcel Goc. And that's after adding those last two guys at the deadline.

Between the second and third periods, Jeremy Roenick and Keith Jones both agreed that this is a forward group that should be good enough to win a Stanley Cup, but that statement can't be based on anything real. For one thing, even a quick look at the numbers shows that the reason the Pens win most nights is down to Crosby and Malkin. But even without a cursory glance at the third and fourth lines' meager possession stats, how can you watch this roster and compare it to the one the Penguins had last time they won a Cup? In that title-clinching Game 7, the Penguins iced a considerably deeper roster, which included the likes of Jordan Staal and Bill Guerin. It must be noted that the Penguins' inability to succeed deep in the playoffs arose around the time Staal was traded to Carolina, and scuttled the team's previous bottom-six dominance.

Make no mistake, this series loss does come down to the lack of forward depth: The Penguins, even with their patchwork defense and shaky goaltending, only allowed 15 goals in the entire series, because the Rangers struggled almost as mightily going forward as they did. New York's much-maligned power play? Three goals. Pittsburgh's? Just one for 20.

As a result, it didn't even matter to anyone that Marc-Andre Fleury only stopped 87 of 98 over the last four games of the series (.888), because there was no one to put the puck in the net at the other end; Pittsburgh beat Lundqvist just 13 times in 423:06, and that's going to grab a lot of headlines.

When the Rangers, coached by a guy who's very smart with his defensive scheming, are able to focus solely on Crosby and Malkin because they know no one else really poses that much of a threat, then this is going to be the result. Tanner Glass and Brandon Sutter don't beat you in a Game 7, and thus you're free to swarm like bees around the two best players in the world. This is what people are referring to when they say Alain Vigneault "outcoached" Bylsma, but the Penguins' weakness was so glaring, anyone would have seized on it.

The talk in Pittsburgh now is that there's too much money tied up in the core, and that's true. The talk elsewhere is that too much of that money is tied up in Evgeni Malkin, and that he might get shuffled off somewhere else as punishment. Great though he was throughout these playoffs — 14 points in 13 games, and a corsi share in the 60s — and bad-on-paper as Crosby was, Malkin's not the face of the franchise, or the guy viewed as saving the team from a fate worse than death (relocation to the Midwest). He does take up $9.5 million of the salary cap, but if you're looking to load dead money off your books, he's not where you start. You start with Dupuis or Kunitz or Neal, guys who are getting big bucks for what they contribute, and are the only three other forwards even signed for next year.

This mess is on Shero, having $55.1 million going to 14 players total, only five of whom are forwards, and only two of whom are actual difference-makers on their own. The good news is he or his successor can clear out a lot of the dead weight in the bottom six — and there's a lot to clear out — but the bad news is he once again has to spend his cash wisely, something he's been unable to do in the past.

Then there's the money tied up in the defense and goaltending. What Fleury gives you, especially in the playoffs, can't be considered worth $5 million, nor can Scuderi regularly getting buried at even strength for nearly $3.4 million. Kris Letang isn't worth $7.25 million. These are real concerns over misallocation of cap resources, because that money could be going to shore up the forward group.

Moreover, the pipeline of forward prospects, which helps to control depth costs, isn't exactly bountiful. And that's because Shero hasn't drafted particularly well. He was hired just prior to the 2006 draft, so how many of the 24 forwards he selected since then were on the roster for this series? One. Beau Bennett, who wasn't in the lineup for Game 7. Everyone else either predated Shero's reign or was brought in via free agency and trade.

So no, Dan Bylsma didn't do as good a job as he could have against Vigneault, and good craftsmen don't blame their tools and all that. He absolutely shares some of the blame. He might have even "lost the room," which is now in need of a "new voice." These are things you say when a team has a good roster, not a great one, and no flexibility to fix it. Coaches' salaries don't count against the cap. They're expendable.

But you also can't give a coach a nail file, then expect him to act like it's a top-of-the-line chainsaw and bring down a tree. Bylsma wasn't overmatched by tactics, he was overmatched by personnel. The Penguins, they of the great regular season record, won until they ran into a team that was better than them. Don't see how you can blame a coach for that.
Rorysfan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Rorysfan »

alecjonsludge wrote:
WOLF wrote:I think this is the end of the Pens as we know them. They looked good there for 10 days or so, but really fell off a cliff. A team with Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, Neal, Letang, some good defensive players, etc should perform better.

Shero needs to take some accountability as well.

http://deadspin.com/dan-bylsma-was-doom ... socialflow

Changes are coming in Pittsburgh but they're not going to be the right ones. After the Penguins punted a 3-1 series lead and home Game 7 to the Rangers, you can bet any amount of money you like that coach Dan Bylsma will be fired. Only because it's easier to fire a coach than it is to find six decent forwards.

Bylsma's axing is inevitable but it won't be wholly fair. People in Pittsburgh won't like to hear this but these Penguins were never going to win a Stanley Cup with the roster as it's currently constituted. Though the company line is that GM Ray Shero has done all in his power to surround the two greatest offensive collaborators in the game today — Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin — with the talent they need to once again win it all, that's clearly not the case. Bylsma's going to get the blame, but Shero's the reason this team needs to be broken up.

A lot is going to be made of the fact that Crosby scored a single goal in this series. So many awful columns are on their way (here's one now!). Why didn't Bylsma do more with him? Why couldn't he will the team to victory? That's what elite players and coaches do: They rise to the occasion. But the team that dominated score-close possession (56.5 percent corsi-for) was also fairly unlucky (Crosby's 5.26 shooting percentage in the series was right in line with the Penguins' 5.1 mark as a team).

Plus, look at what Crosby was saddled with. Chris Kunitz — a fine player but no world-beater — was a constant on his line, but everything else for most of the series, and in Game 7 in particular, was a mess. Sometimes you'd get Malkin on the wing, but more often it was Lee Stempniak or Brian Gibbons over there, providing very little in the way of positive play (a combined four shot attempts between them last night). You probably owe it to Crosby to give him a little bit more help than that. Bylsma only had so much to work with.

Pascal Dupuis is Crosby's regular linemate, but he's been injured since late December. Like Kunitz, he's one of those guys whose points and possession totals are dragged to something resembling impressiveness through Crosby's talent alone. The biggest reason for this latest Penguins disappointment can be summed up pretty succinctly: Shero couldn't find more than two or three guys who can mesh with the best player in the world, and none would have been top-line players on any truly competitive team.

Crosby and Malkin are giants in this sport, and Kunitz and James Neal provide good-to-very-good sidekick services depending on the particular night (and whether Neal decides he wants to play smart hockey, which isn't always a given). Beyond that, it's tough to say who the next-best Penguins forward is. It's probably Jussi Jokinen, a solid 60-point guy in his time with Pittsburgh, but it's a pretty steep drop to him, and even steeper after. The rest is a mishmash of names that most national audiences will have only heard in passing: Brian Gibbons, Brandon Sutter, Joe Vitale, Tanner Glass, Craig Adams, Lee Stempniak, Marcel Goc. And that's after adding those last two guys at the deadline.

Between the second and third periods, Jeremy Roenick and Keith Jones both agreed that this is a forward group that should be good enough to win a Stanley Cup, but that statement can't be based on anything real. For one thing, even a quick look at the numbers shows that the reason the Pens win most nights is down to Crosby and Malkin. But even without a cursory glance at the third and fourth lines' meager possession stats, how can you watch this roster and compare it to the one the Penguins had last time they won a Cup? In that title-clinching Game 7, the Penguins iced a considerably deeper roster, which included the likes of Jordan Staal and Bill Guerin. It must be noted that the Penguins' inability to succeed deep in the playoffs arose around the time Staal was traded to Carolina, and scuttled the team's previous bottom-six dominance.

Make no mistake, this series loss does come down to the lack of forward depth: The Penguins, even with their patchwork defense and shaky goaltending, only allowed 15 goals in the entire series, because the Rangers struggled almost as mightily going forward as they did. New York's much-maligned power play? Three goals. Pittsburgh's? Just one for 20.

As a result, it didn't even matter to anyone that Marc-Andre Fleury only stopped 87 of 98 over the last four games of the series (.888), because there was no one to put the puck in the net at the other end; Pittsburgh beat Lundqvist just 13 times in 423:06, and that's going to grab a lot of headlines.

When the Rangers, coached by a guy who's very smart with his defensive scheming, are able to focus solely on Crosby and Malkin because they know no one else really poses that much of a threat, then this is going to be the result. Tanner Glass and Brandon Sutter don't beat you in a Game 7, and thus you're free to swarm like bees around the two best players in the world. This is what people are referring to when they say Alain Vigneault "outcoached" Bylsma, but the Penguins' weakness was so glaring, anyone would have seized on it.

The talk in Pittsburgh now is that there's too much money tied up in the core, and that's true. The talk elsewhere is that too much of that money is tied up in Evgeni Malkin, and that he might get shuffled off somewhere else as punishment. Great though he was throughout these playoffs — 14 points in 13 games, and a corsi share in the 60s — and bad-on-paper as Crosby was, Malkin's not the face of the franchise, or the guy viewed as saving the team from a fate worse than death (relocation to the Midwest). He does take up $9.5 million of the salary cap, but if you're looking to load dead money off your books, he's not where you start. You start with Dupuis or Kunitz or Neal, guys who are getting big bucks for what they contribute, and are the only three other forwards even signed for next year.

This mess is on Shero, having $55.1 million going to 14 players total, only five of whom are forwards, and only two of whom are actual difference-makers on their own. The good news is he or his successor can clear out a lot of the dead weight in the bottom six — and there's a lot to clear out — but the bad news is he once again has to spend his cash wisely, something he's been unable to do in the past.

Then there's the money tied up in the defense and goaltending. What Fleury gives you, especially in the playoffs, can't be considered worth $5 million, nor can Scuderi regularly getting buried at even strength for nearly $3.4 million. Kris Letang isn't worth $7.25 million. These are real concerns over misallocation of cap resources, because that money could be going to shore up the forward group.

Moreover, the pipeline of forward prospects, which helps to control depth costs, isn't exactly bountiful. And that's because Shero hasn't drafted particularly well. He was hired just prior to the 2006 draft, so how many of the 24 forwards he selected since then were on the roster for this series? One. Beau Bennett, who wasn't in the lineup for Game 7. Everyone else either predated Shero's reign or was brought in via free agency and trade.

So no, Dan Bylsma didn't do as good a job as he could have against Vigneault, and good craftsmen don't blame their tools and all that. He absolutely shares some of the blame. He might have even "lost the room," which is now in need of a "new voice." These are things you say when a team has a good roster, not a great one, and no flexibility to fix it. Coaches' salaries don't count against the cap. They're expendable.

But you also can't give a coach a nail file, then expect him to act like it's a top-of-the-line chainsaw and bring down a tree. Bylsma wasn't overmatched by tactics, he was overmatched by personnel. The Penguins, they of the great regular season record, won until they ran into a team that was better than them. Don't see how you can blame a coach for that.

Pens are the BIGGEST CHOKERS IN THE HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS, see the Bruins series last year and the Rangers debacle. Someone needs to tell Sid you play with your hands on your stick and NOT AROUND YOUR THROAT.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Cheers, WOLF.
May the best goal posts win.
:wink:
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

alecjonsludge wrote:
Changes are coming in Pittsburgh but they're not going to be the right ones. After the Penguins punted a 3-1 series lead and home Game 7 to the Rangers, you can bet any amount of money you like that coach Dan Bylsma will be fired.
This. And you can blame a coach for that. That article is dead wrong. Except the coach is toast part.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

johnk5150 wrote:
alecjonsludge wrote:
Changes are coming in Pittsburgh but they're not going to be the right ones. After the Penguins punted a 3-1 series lead and home Game 7 to the Rangers, you can bet any amount of money you like that coach Dan Bylsma will be fired.
This. And you can blame a coach for that. That article is dead wrong. Except the coach is toast part.

I think there's lots of blame for both Bylsma and Shero to take
. The article is wrong in that it gives Disco Dan a pass but not dead wrong at all. The top six is cap heavy meaning the bottom six are cheap,and hence, bad hockey players. IMO, the worst bottom six of all the playoff teams. Shero hasn't drafted wisely at all.Saw a stat today that the Shero drafted forward with the most CAREER goals is the departed Dustin Jeffrey with 15.15! He passed on hometown boy (and surely a hero of yours,John) Brandon Saad for defenceman Joe Morrow. Then there's all the trade deadline deals where he's given up draft picks and prospects for rentals..not so bad when you're doing it for Hossa, very bad when you're doing it for Stempniak and Goc. Shero needs to look in the mirror as well.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Facedown wrote:Image

Cheers, WOLF.
May the best goal posts win.
:wink:
Good luck to you and chunga.

My nerves are already shot.

These teams could play 100 games and each would win 50.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

This is some of the worst refereeing I've seen for a while. I actually feel bad for the Bruins. And I cannot stand the Bruins.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

AND Montreal JUST SCORES A PP GOAL!!!!!!!.........MTL 3 bOsToN 1
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Fuck the Habs. Go Rangers :?

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I wonder if Boston fan's will poor all the Molson into the Boston Harbor?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would end up funny because Samuel Adams was involved in the actual Tea Party.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

pieceofme wrote:Fuck the Habs. Go Rangers :?
FUCK YA! Go Rangers!

I'm just doing back flips the Habs sent Boston home. Don't care who the Rangers play against if they win but I don't hate Montreal.

Fuck Boston they can go suck on Molson bottle.

*edit 3 or 4*

YEAH!
Last edited by UtahRatt on Wed May 14, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
futonsrf
Headlining Clubs

Post by futonsrf »

GO HABS GO!!!
Cheers!

This post not approved by Crouchingstoneretc.

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Ref'ing should not be discussed. There were non-calls both ways. Certain players get what they deserve. Brad Marchand is a DUMB hockey player and Boychuk's penalty at the end was a stupid one to take. Some facts:

- Bruins did not score a 5-5 goal in games 6 and 7
- For some reason Bruins forgot getting in Price's grill works
- Overall, Price outplayed Rask
- Therrien outcoached Julien - he made smart lineup adjustments after game 5; Julien did not respond; Therrien often got matchups he wanted - even on the road
- Habs 4th line was excellent
- Habs first line woke up; Bruins first line didn't
- Habs seem more well conditioned than Bruins. Chara was GASSED last two games
- Smaller Habs won more battles than they lost

Excellent series; great for hockey. I'm shocked and thrilled.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Habs deserved the series, no two ways about it. Probably in 5 or 6 games. Price/Subban > Chara/Rask, The B's fourth line was abysmal, the yound Dmen bumbled under the pressure and the B's were painfully slow to pucks. It felt like I was watching a senior league team. Their lack of finish was the comedy event of the year. Krecji disappeared without a trace.

The 4th line has to be disbanded (Thornton is gone), and more than likely have to find a new replacement for Iginla.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Congrats to the Canadiens. Best team won.
Lucic was a douche in the handshake line. Even if the Habs were still jawing, next season is the time to settle this, not there.
Looking forward to the bloodbath next season.

Couple of observations from the Bruins side:
Refs were horrible in Boston and great in Montreal which is the exact opposite of what usually happens.
Price was good but not as great as everyone is saying. At least 14 pucks got behind him, the goal posts had a better save %.
Subban is a douche on the ice but seems like a nice guy off it.
Looks like the Western Conference gets the Cup again.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Ahhh, playoff hockey...

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Facedown wrote: Lucic was a douche in the handshake line. Even if the Habs were still jawing, next season is the time to settle this, not there.
If Lucic wasn't up to shaking hands he should not have, or should have snubbed a guy or two a la Sean Avery. He would have got flak, but now he's under the microscope.

The Moore/Bertuzzi lawsuit is still in litigation. It involves the NHL, the Canucks, Marc Crawford, and centers around the fact that the act may have been somewhat premeditated and encouraged. So, if Lucic should happen to seriously injure Weise or Emelin next year, it opens up a legal can of worms. Stupid, and it dishonors a great tradition.

If I'm a Bruins fan, two guys who shouldn't be there next year are Thornton and Marchand.

Thornton is no longer useful on the ice, his squirt did galvanize the Habs somewhat, and I wonder if Julien saying "I can't support Shawn in that" impacted the Bruins. Julien should have just said nothing during the series.

Marchand produced NOTHING during the playoffs. He admittedly got hosed on his first penalty of the night yesterday, but given his rep he'll never get the benefit of the doubt. I personally wouldn't call a snow shower either, but why chance it? Then, he deserved a penalty for punching Plekanec in the head before a face off, but nobody saw - or it was ignored - so shit evens out a bit. Teammates will accept you playing on the edge if you produce, but Marchand did not produce all series.

Anyways - there's no hockey like Bruins/Habs hockey. No series the Habs play from here on in will measure up. Just like the Bruins' toughest/best series in 2011 was the 1st rounder vs the Habs.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Milan Lucic is one of the biggest douches in the league.

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

where was that reffing in the 2011 finals? fuck.
and fuck the bruins.
right in the ass.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Kid-Wicked wrote:where was that reffing in the 2011 finals? fuck.
and fuck the bruins.
right in the ass.

One of my friends did say it was the worst referring he has seen since the 2011 final. Of course the shoe was on the other foot for the Bruins this time.

alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

Ray Shero fired,Dan Bylsma kept on ....for now. I suspect Shero's yet-to-be-named replacement to do the dirty work of firing Bylsma.

ETA: Some speculation on Sportsnet Radio that Bylsma was kept on solely to be a lame duck coach and that the Penguins have Mike Babcock in their sights knowing that he's only signed on through next season.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

alecjonsludge wrote:Ray Shero fired,Dan Bylsma kept on ....for now. I suspect Shero's yet-to-be-named replacement to do the dirty work of firing Bylsma.
Exactly. So much for Barry Trotz... Unless both Shero and Trotz wind up in Vancouver.

I read this as Shero was told to fire Bylsma, he refused, so ownership fired Shero knowing the new GM will bring in his own coach.

Bylsma will need time to find a job, so the Pens should just cut him loose, like the Canes did with Muller, to give him a chance - though I think he's paid through next year anyways.