The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by pieceofme »

Aerosmith87 wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
AliceManson wrote:The Penguins aren't fucking around.
Yeah, I think they will win it all unfortunately.
I've been getting my way so far this playoff go around. I've been pulling for the Blues. Happy the Rangers and Flyers had first round eliminations. THE PENGUINS MUST DIE THOUGH :evil:
yeah, I'm rooting for the Blue.

I think it will be a Sharks/Penguins final unfortunately. Even though Tampa won the first game against Pittsburgh.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

The NHL is unwatchable. Looks like figure skating. Not the great physical game it once was. Zzzzzzzzz......
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

I take it nobody gives a fuck about the world cup around here? I'm not really a hockey person, just got sucked into it by banging a Finn.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:I take it nobody gives a fuck about the world cup around here? I'm not really a hockey person, just got sucked into it by banging a Finn.
I'm following the updates, but not watching it.

Go Barkov!

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:I take it nobody gives a fuck about the world cup around here? I'm not really a hockey person, just got sucked into it by banging a Finn.
Canada has sent their B, maybe C, squad and is 5-0 and has torched the lesser hockey powers.

Should get interesting against Finland on Tuesday, and in the elimination round. The Russians have been fortified AGAIN. The guy must hold a record for World Championship games played!
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

that's not the world cup. that's in september.
the yearly world championships are going on now.
canada's c team has no D and an oiler in goal.
and is still destroying everyone.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Slovaks have been on a decline for a while now, yanks didn't send a good enough team this year (probably because of the World Cup in September). Finns are trying their best to win gold for the third time this year (U20, U18 already in the books). None of the other teams in that group have any say in who's gonna win it all. On the other group the Czechs and Swedes are taking it slow as always and the Russians are going bonkers if they cannot win every game.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

Kid-Wicked wrote:that's not the world cup. that's in september.
the yearly world championships are going on now.
canada's c team has no D and an oiler in goal.
and is still destroying everyone.

fuckin right an Oiler is in goal although I'll agree and say it's not like they are playing powerhouse stacked teams either and another Oiler is leading the team in goals, although the goals are pretty much tap-ins with sweet feeds from McDavid for Hall..fuck all y'all..this is my playoffs :)
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

ShearMagic wrote:Slovaks have been on a decline for a while now, yanks didn't send a good enough team this year (probably because of the World Cup in September). Finns are trying their best to win gold for the third time this year (U20, U18 already in the books). None of the other teams in that group have any say in who's gonna win it all. On the other group the Czechs and Swedes are taking it slow as always and the Russians are going bonkers if they cannot win every game.
Great result by Germany against the US. Mixing things up a bit.

And congrats to Hungary!

SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Granted I have almost no knowledge of the game, but it seems Germany owes any win here to the NHL goalie who arrived late from the playoffs. Looking forward to Finland - Canada tonight.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:Granted I have almost no knowledge of the game, but it seems Germany owes any win here to the NHL goalie who arrived late from the playoffs. Looking forward to Finland - Canada tonight.
Too bad Team Canada were not looking forward to it!

Anyways, better to have a bad game in the preliminary than knockout round.

We now have a tougher quarterfinal matchup, but probably an easier semifinal matchup if we win.

I hate that this is not a real World Championship, with too many great players in the NHL playoffs, or too banged up from a long season.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Godammit, Finland. It's like they got hustled in the group game.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:Godammit, Finland. It's like they got hustled in the group game.
It's hard to beat an elite team twice.

Canada really only had one bad period, vs Finland, in the preliminary game. You can be sure the Canadian coaches broke down the tape and had the team ready today.

Canada played a textbook defensive game.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Canada played great defense and earned their victory. It looked like Koivu was done after the semi final against Russia, he didn't win any face offs. Patrik Laine wasn't the best player in the tournament, the best was either Mikael Granlund or Vadim Shipatsev. Sebastian Aho was great in the final but couldn't make it happen on his own. Taylor Hall was also amazing in the final, pushing towards the Finnish goal all the time.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

For some reason, the Bruins sign Kevan Miller to a 4yr/10mil deal.
I thought they fired Chiarelli.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:Godammit, Finland. It's like they got hustled in the group game.

Canada really only had one bad period, vs Finland, in the preliminary game. You can be sure the Canadian coaches broke down the tape and had the team ready today.

That Canada team was not an 'elite' team.

You even said it was a Canada C team. And no, that is not an elite team.

Finland's worse game was in the final.
Last edited by pieceofme on Tue May 24, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

ShearMagic wrote:Canada played great defense and earned their victory. It looked like Koivu was done after the semi final against Russia, he didn't win any face offs. Patrik Laine wasn't the best player in the tournament, the best was either Mikael Granlund or Vadim Shipatsev. Sebastian Aho was great in the final but couldn't make it happen on his own. Taylor Hall was also amazing in the final, pushing towards the Finnish goal all the time.
Yeah Koivu is normally a faceoff master. And agreed that Laine was not the best Finish player. Pretty sure a lot of the hype is to make it more interesting between him and Matthews. I think both are pretty close. But the Leafs are drafting the centre, no doubt about it.

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

pieceofme wrote:
WOLF wrote:

Semantics.

Canada's forwards were pretty elite, 1-13. The goaltending and defence were not, on paper, but played extremely well.

My point is that it's hard to beat any team, with a certain talent level, twice in a week - particularly with the work coaches put into breaking things down.

If the Finns played their worst game, Canada's play had a lot to do with it.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
WOLF wrote:

Semantics.

Canada's forwards were pretty elite, 1-13. The goaltending and defence were not, on paper, but played extremely well.

My point is that it's hard to beat any team, with a certain talent level, twice in a week - particularly with the work coaches put into breaking things down.

If the Finns played their worst game, Canada's play had a lot to do with it.
lol. You could say that for a lot of sports between two teams!

dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Bolts out and Final is set! Pens or Sharks: who y'all got?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote:Bolts out and Final is set! Pens or Sharks: who y'all got?
Groan. I don't like either of these teams. Guess I prefer the Sharks slightly more.

Think Pens will win it in 6 or 7 games.

jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

I'll pick the Sharks, never won a cup, they've always been one of those really good regular season teams but could never get it done in the playoffs, Big Joe and Marleau have put there time in as well..although I can't stand Chiclets Couture ..he's kind of a goofball..
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

This should be a really entertaining final.

Hard to bet against Pittsburgh's depth and talent, but I think they are thin on D with loss of Trevor Daley, and that Murray will be facing the best offence he's seen to date.

Give me Sharks in 6. They seem to have put it together this playoff year.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

jizzyjizim wrote:I'll pick the Sharks, never won a cup, they've always been one of those really good regular season teams but could never get it done in the playoffs, Big Joe and Marleau have put there time in as well..although I can't stand Chiclets Couture ..he's kind of a goofball..
Can't stand him either. And DeBoer annoys me as well

But the Pens have Crosby and Letang so I dislike them even more! Plus of course Lemieux is part of the organisation as well!

dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

pieceofme wrote:
jizzyjizim wrote:I'll pick the Sharks, never won a cup, they've always been one of those really good regular season teams but could never get it done in the playoffs, Big Joe and Marleau have put there time in as well..although I can't stand Chiclets Couture ..he's kind of a goofball..
Can't stand him either. And DeBoer annoys me as well

But the Pens have Crosby and Letang so I dislike them even more! Plus of course Lemieux is part of the organisation as well!
Pavelski vs. Crosby should be a great matchup. I think it'll be very close and say Sharks barely squeak out the title in 7...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Close win for the Pens tonight, or a close loss for the Sharks depending on which side you're on.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

RIP former Flyers star Rick MacLeish: https://search.yahoo.com/search?cs=bz&p ... stl:crsl,b:
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

birds over fish in 7.

sharks can't win on the first trip to the final.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote:Close win for the Pens tonight, or a close loss for the Sharks depending on which side you're on.
The score was close in both games. But the reality is that the Pens have dominated the Sharks so far. At this rate, I think it is more likely to be a sweep, than a 7 game series!

Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

I expect it to be over either tomorrow night or in 6.