The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:Normally I would agree Buffalo got hosed, but either way they will have a strong team in a few years. They already have good young talent, have stockpiled many draft picks, and will still get their hands on Jack Eichel.

Having said that, I didn't like that they traded BOTH their goalies down the stretch, and IMO attempted not to win by fielding a weak lineup whenever possible. Bad for the game, and perhaps them not winning the first pick will deter others from doing the same in the future.
The lottery is changing again next year, so the top 3 picks are chosen with the lottery. The team finishing last could end up picking 4th.

Watch Edmonton somehow win all three. They have enough horseshoes stuck up their arse to make it happen!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:Kinda glad the Oilers won the draft lottery. The Sabres and Yotes were obviously tanking; I didn't want to see McDavid go to a market where people don't really pay to see hockey games, and I feared it would all be rigged in the Leafs' favor to try and restore that broken franchise to glory.

The Oilers are fuck-ups, but at least people there are passionate about hockey. If management smartens up - i.e.. trades for a goalie, some D, and veteran leadership, and of course drafts McDavid, they could get good in a hurry. Oh, and let the young guy who came up to coach them last year stick with it; they don't need a veteran retread coach.

IMO build around McDavid, and TWO of Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle, and Yakupov. Trade the other two young forwards and fill your needs.
Also, this is also the first year that the Yotes have tanked. This is a team that tries to be competitive almost every year with a small budget and is on the verge of being relocated. A franchise player could save that franchise and grow/revive a hockey market as evidenced many times in the past.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

EatTheGlass wrote:
WOLF wrote:Not good... and perhaps an indication of what was wrong with the Kings this year. So much for making a good showing prior to your UFA year. I hope Jarret will enjoy playing in Siberia next year!
According to a report by CBS Los Angeles and CBS Las Vegas, Los Angeles Kings forward Jarret Stoll was arrested Friday on suspicion of possession of cocaine and Ecstasy.
Stolly knows how to party! Too bad it didn't help him score goals....
Now we know why the KINGS had a players only meeting!

As if life isn't good enough...........Playing with the KINGS making 9.75m for 3 years, last year of a contract, you're fucking Erin Andrews and you're messing with cocaine and Ecstasy? At what point does life become too good?
Maybe have the Soviets send you into space so you can sniff glue? DUDE! I just huffed glue in space!

I can understand taking drugs to get away from life but what else would the fucking guy want to be happy?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

holy shit the hate about McDavid possibly going to the Oilers is insane! :lol: do they deserve him? absolutely not...they should be MILES better with the 3 #1 picks they have...but it's not like it was rigged to give them the pick, ( did you see Bettman's reaction when he found out the Oilers won it..hilarious...even Bill Daly had a smirk when he realized it..) I'd be pissed just like everyone else if a team that already had 3 picks got another one, I get it..not gonna lie, I'm pumped they have the chance to draft him... BUT if they could either trade him for a king's ransom or one of the other "core" guys to make the team better I'm also all for that as well...whatever makes the team better..if that's trading the #1 pick then so be it..

doesn't matter who won, there was going to be huge hate on that team.

Sabres - reward for tanking
Arizona - lost in the desert
Oilers - ruin his career
Toronto - Rigged

etc etc. Unless Columbus won, people might spin that story as for a team as hurt as they were all season and to turn it around at the end, they deserve it for not quitting all season
Mazerati
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mazerati »

jizzyjizim wrote:holy shit the hate about McDavid possibly going to the Oilers is insane! :lol: do they deserve him? absolutely not...they should be MILES better with the 3 #1 picks they have...but it's not like it was rigged to give them the pick, ( did you see Bettman's reaction when he found out the Oilers won it..hilarious...even Bill Daly had a smirk when he realized it..) I'd be pissed just like everyone else if a team that already had 3 picks got another one, I get it..not gonna lie, I'm pumped they have the chance to draft him... BUT if they could either trade him for a king's ransom or one of the other "core" guys to make the team better I'm also all for that as well...whatever makes the team better..if that's trading the #1 pick then so be it..

Oilers - ruin his career
Toronto - Rigged

etc etc. Unless Columbus won, people might spin that story as for a team as hurt as they were all season and to turn it around at the end, they deserve it for not quitting all season
At the end of the season they should decide the draft order by the best record in the final 20 games of the draft eligible teams
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

Mazerati wrote:
jizzyjizim wrote:holy shit the hate about McDavid possibly going to the Oilers is insane! :lol: do they deserve him? absolutely not...they should be MILES better with the 3 #1 picks they have...but it's not like it was rigged to give them the pick, ( did you see Bettman's reaction when he found out the Oilers won it..hilarious...even Bill Daly had a smirk when he realized it..) I'd be pissed just like everyone else if a team that already had 3 picks got another one, I get it..not gonna lie, I'm pumped they have the chance to draft him... BUT if they could either trade him for a king's ransom or one of the other "core" guys to make the team better I'm also all for that as well...whatever makes the team better..if that's trading the #1 pick then so be it..

Oilers - ruin his career
Toronto - Rigged

At the end of the season they should decide the draft order by the best record in the final 20 games of the draft eligible teams
I don't know how they are gonna do this draft next year as I heard they are gonna change it again?...but I like your idea.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DUCKS 3 games to ZERO! Suck it! I hope the Jet's get fucking swept.
Dustin Buttfuglin does it again, punches Corey Perry in the back of the head after a goal......This fucking douche will never learn, by far the dumbest player in the league. Even with his ability he plays stupid, out of position and such.
How a dude with his game and skill can be such an idiot, the look on his face after he does something stupid is that of a glue sniffer. DERRRRRRRP!
There was talks of him coming to NYR at one time I'm thankful that dickhead isn't on my team. I hate rooting for the Duck's but fuck the Jets.

------------

Wild vs Blues was a good game....For the Wild. I don't think the Blues are slipping as much as the Wild are tough. This series isn't finished by a long shot IMO. Some good hockey fights in the last couple nights.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

UtahRatt wrote:DUCKS 3 games to ZERO! Suck it! I hope the Jet's get fucking swept.
Dustin Buttfuglin does it again, punches Corey Perry in the back of the head after a goal......This fucking douche will never learn, by far the dumbest player in the league. Even with his ability he plays stupid, out of position and such.
How a dude with his game and skill can be such an idiot, the look on his face after he does something stupid is that of a glue sniffer. DERRRRRRRP!
There was talks of him coming to NYR at one time I'm thankful that dickhead isn't on my team. I hate rooting for the Duck's but fuck the Jets.

------------

Wild vs Blues was a good game....For the Wild. I don't think the Blues are slipping as much as the Wild are tough. This series isn't finished by a long shot IMO. Some good hockey fights in the last couple nights.
Dude, he punched who in the back of the head? Oh wait, Corey Perry?? Did you read your post before you hit submit? ;-)

Fuck the ducks....and FUCK Perry. And fuck WPG for not knowing how to hold a lead.....good fucking God almighty.

Worst part about the Kings missing the playoffs is that they gave the Ducks a cakewalk to the WCF.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

EatTheGlass wrote:Dude, he punched who in the back of the head? Oh wait, Corey Perry?? Did you read your post before you hit submit? ;-)

Fuck the ducks....and FUCK Perry. And fuck WPG for not knowing how to hold a lead.....good fucking God almighty.

Worst part about the Kings missing the playoffs is that they gave the Ducks a cakewalk to the WCF.
I thought we was going to stop talking about the KINGS because, oh wait, they're not in the playoffs! Unless we're talking about Jarret Stoll! With his stash of Cocaine and Ecstasy he probably thought he was still in the playoffs! Maybe Stoll was headed to Slava Voynov house to watch the Flames game and beat up some women?

A Statement From The LA Kings Regarding Jarret Stoll

We are aware of police reports out of Clark County, Nevada regarding player Jarret Stoll. We're still sad about missing the playoffs but our organization is concerned and has begun conducting a thorough internal investigation. While we continue to actively replace the drugs we are currently withholding whats left for further use at this time.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=763897
ratt_gang_member
Headlining Clubs

Post by ratt_gang_member »

EatTheGlass wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:DUCKS 3 games to ZERO! Suck it! I hope the Jet's get fucking swept.

------------

Dude, he punched who in the back of the head? Oh wait, Corey Perry?? Did you read your post before you hit submit? ;-)

It's painful to live in Winnipeg right now...we are done...
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

ratt_gang_member wrote:
EatTheGlass wrote:

------------

Yep, sad but true. I really thought the way WPG was playing down the stretch, they'd surprise a lot of people and the ducks. I don't know, it's not that they are playing bad, just not getting it done defensively.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

ratt_gang_member wrote:
EatTheGlass wrote:

------------

I'm really cheering for you guys in the playoffs, seeing that "sea of white" last night was something..
ratt_gang_member
Headlining Clubs

I'm really cheering for you guys in the playoffs, seeing that "sea of white" last night was something..[/quote]

The city is very grateful to have their team back. It would take a miracle to beat the Ducks at this point; we're just glad to be in the playoffs.
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

After Calgary takes care of Vancouver in 5 tommorow night they go up against Anaheim who traded Hiller to Calgary basically because they thought he didn't do well in the playoffs....man talk about major incentive for Hiller
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

Mazerati wrote:After Calgary takes care of Vancouver in 5 tommorow night they go up against Anaheim who traded Hiller to Calgary basically because they thought he didn't do well in the playoffs....man talk about major incentive for Hiller
The only problem with that is there will be a lot of ANA players who know where to shoot to beat Hiller. Besides that, I like where you are going with that, how sweet that would be.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

What do you think about sucker punching players Buttfuglin?
We just got to stick together as a team.....
We just got to stick together as a team....
We just got to stick together as a team....And get swept out of the playoffs.

"Winnipeg has never won a playoff game in its history" Quack Quack!

Including getting swept in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals by the New York Rangers in 2007 when they were the Atlanta Thrashers.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

UtahRatt wrote:

Including getting swept in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals by the New York Rangers in 2007 when they were the Atlanta Thrashers.
Ouch....
ratt_gang_member
Headlining Clubs

EatTheGlass wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Ouch....
Ouch x2

I'm disappointed there wasn't a riot last night...
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

jizzyjizim wrote:
Mazerati wrote:

Oilers - ruin his career
Toronto - Rigged

I don't know how they are gonna do this draft next year as I heard they are gonna change it again?...but I like your idea.
I posted it already but here it is again:

The lottery is changing again next year, so the top 3 picks are chosen with the lottery. The team finishing last could end up picking 4th.

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Glad the Jets are out :D

I know Ottawa won't win 4 in a row against the Habs, but I hope the Habs get knocked out soon as well.

Could see both Calgary and Chicago winning tonight.

Feel for Nashville having to face Chicago in the first round.

johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I feel like the Blackhawks game was over at 2-1. Now at 4-1 I'm sure of it.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Mazerati wrote:After Calgary takes care of Vancouver in 5 tommorow night they go up against Anaheim who traded Hiller to Calgary basically because they thought he didn't do well in the playoffs....man talk about major incentive for Hiller
you don't really follow hockey very close do you?
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
you don't really follow hockey very close do you?
Enjoy the win until Saturday night
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

who did the ducks get in the trade for hiller?
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Kid-Wicked wrote:who did the ducks get in the trade for hiller?
Hiller was a UFA and signed with the Flames on July 1.

Ducks let him walk, as he struggled last year and they wanted to go with Andersson and Gibson.
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

We got lucky as crap in that game. That ref made a TERRIBLE call when Crawford lost sight of the puck.
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

Kid-Wicked wrote:who did the ducks get in the trade for hiller?
Ugh I know what your saying now..my bad
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

Awesome comeback by the Flames tonight like they've been doing all year...
Gonna enjoy the win for now but man they are 0-15-5 in Anaheim in there last 20
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Mazerati wrote:Awesome comeback by the Flames tonight like they've been doing all year...
Gonna enjoy the win for now but man they are 0-15-5 in Anaheim in there last 20
As EatTheGlass said, I nice draw for the Ducks, and favourites to make the Western conference final.

Looks like the Blues will be going golfing soon!

Minny could cause Chicago some serious problems.

How about Devan Dubnyk! Great season.

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Man... those plucky Senators gave the Habs (and me) fits! They keep that team together, add a few pieces, and they'll be damn good. What an end to their season. RESPECT.

Would love to see Habs/Wings in next round. I've been following hockey since the late 70's and can't remember the last time they faced each other in the playoffs.