The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by Facedown »

Of course, Beleskey gets benched last night and Hayes scores the shootout winner in round 10. :lol:
Sorry Jimmy, still pointless in 26.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

jizzyjizim wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
Facedown wrote:Bruins 3rd line this season: 0 goals. 0 assists and -16.
Tuukka Rask has 2 points.
Typical Claude that this line hasn't been torn apart or at least had someone or two benched.
Hayes is pointless in his last 25 games.
Pathetic.
Smith hasn't had the best of starts, but he is a lot better than Hayes!

Yeah, Rask has been incredbile. Bruins MVP easily.

And the Oilers look good so far! :shock:
I'm still hoping they are playing meaningful games in March..I'm not asking for much..just meaningful fucking games..FAWK!
How's Larsson doing? NJ misses him...but Hall is playing as advertised. He's a good player.
Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Frett_Bored »

Jackets showing why they have the best power play in the NHL right now.

Up 8-0 on Montreal with a minute left in the second. It's Montoya and not Price, but still . . .

Edit: 10-0 final. Four 2-goal scorers. That should be worth 3 points.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Frett_Bored wrote:Jackets showing why they have the best power play in the NHL right now.

Up 8-0 on Montreal with a minute left in the second. It's Montoya and not Price, but still . . .

10 - 0 :lol:

Still made 30 saves!

Talk about changing the point Diff in a hurry.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

Aerosmith87 wrote:
jizzyjizim wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
Smith hasn't had the best of starts, but he is a lot better than Hayes!

Yeah, Rask has been incredbile. Bruins MVP easily.

And the Oilers look good so far! :shock:
I'm still hoping they are playing meaningful games in March..I'm not asking for much..just meaningful fucking games..FAWK!
How's Larsson doing? NJ misses him...but Hall is playing as advertised. He's a good player.
He's doing ok, playing top 2 minutes with Klefbom, both are young guys though ( 23?) I still think the team needs a veteran top 2 Dman. I like Larsson, I like how he can throw his weight around, I'm sure once he gets a little more comfortable we'll see him prosper even more, glad Hall is working out for ya, I was/am a Hall fan, I think the trade had to happen though, we needed help on the backend extremely bad.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

UtahRatt wrote:
Frett_Bored wrote:Jackets showing why they have the best power play in the NHL right now.

10 - 0 :lol:

Still made 30 saves!

Talk about changing the point Diff in a hurry.
Brutal leaving Montoya in there.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

hey wolfy

10-0

fuck
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Kid-Wicked wrote:hey wolfy

10-0

fuck
Well, the good start was bound to end. They were due for a stinker.

Coming off of Price's injury woes last year, his workload is being watched closely. It was a joint decision between coach Therrien, Montoya, and Price for Montoya to take one for the team.

Habs having a good bounce back game vs Flyers tonight. I'll take a 10-1-1 start.
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

8)
Not Jack Bulter
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Not Jack Bulter »

Damn...RIP Marek Svatos. Left behind a wife and two young kids.

https://www.nhl.com/news/marek-svatos-d ... -283477418
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Not Jack Bulter wrote:Damn...RIP Marek Svatos. Left behind a wife and two young kids.

Yes, extremely tragic.

There is talk in hockey circles he took his own life and may have been suffering from depression related to the fallout of concussions he has suffered.

Hope there is not fire to go with this smoke....

☹️
Not Jack Bulter
Playing Frat Parties

WOLF wrote:
Not Jack Bulter wrote:Damn...RIP Marek Svatos. Left behind a wife and two young kids.

Yes, extremely tragic.

There is talk in hockey circles he took his own life and may have been suffering from depression related to the fallout of concussions he has suffered.

☹️
I'm hearing painkillers and alcohol. Can't confirm anything though. I'm tied into Denver media.
Not Jack Bulter
Playing Frat Parties

WOLF wrote:

Yes, extremely tragic.

☹️
Most of his injuries were not concussion related. Shoulders and knees mainly...I'm guessing he developed an addiction to painkillers.
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

Jackets off to an organization best start of 10-4-2. Just took care of the Rangers and Caps (twice).

They have four games in the next six days, though.

We don't get Seth Jones back for a bit yet, but I'm cautiously optimistic about this year. Last year at this time they were 4-11.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Frett_Bored wrote:Jackets off to an organization best start of 10-4-2. Just took care of the Rangers and Caps (twice).

They have four games in the next six days, though.

We don't get Seth Jones back for a bit yet, but I'm cautiously optimistic about this year. Last year at this time they were 4-11.
Yeah, they doing better than expected.

There was a rumour of them trading Saad, which surprised me.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Vegas Golden Knights..fan
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

Too similar to the US Army Skydiving Team.

Why not Silver Knights? Isn't Nevada the Silver State?
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Frett_Bored wrote:Too similar to the US Army Skydiving Team.

I would have preferred Desert Knights.

Oh well. I think the logo is okay.

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

pieceofme wrote:
Frett_Bored wrote:Too similar to the US Army Skydiving Team.

I would have preferred Desert Knights.

Oh well. I think the logo is okay.
I would have preferred Bunny Ranchers, but that probably would have been rejected somewhere along the line.

Name is OK. Logo, with the V in the negative space of the knight's helmet, is great. They will sell some swag I predict.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

McDavid is just too good. :cry:

Facedown

Post by Facedown »

I'm sure they didn't want to put any "gambling" terms in the team name but for
fucks sake, you're in VEGAS.
Call them the Blackjacks or the Jackpots or something along those lines.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Facedown wrote:I'm sure they didn't want to put any "gambling" terms in the team name but for
fucks sake, you're in VEGAS.
Call them the Blackjacks or the Jackpots or something along those lines.
They should have, but they couldn't.

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

And the winner of the "dick move of the year that will set the franchise back years" award is:

The Florida Panthers!

http://www.tsn.ca/1.618191.1480351182

I will take Coach Gallant on my staff any day. Players coach, good at the X's and O's, universally respected... Except by the analytics geeks, who would not know a good hockey player if one fell on them. I hope they Corsi themselves to death.

Would not be surprised if Gallant winds up coaching the Las Vegas squad next year.

Pieceofme, what say you?
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:And the winner of the "dick move of the year that will set the franchise back years" award is:

The Florida Panthers!

I will take Coach Gallant on my staff any day. Players coach, good at the X's and O's, universally respected... Except by the analytics geeks, who would not know a good hockey player if one fell on them. I hope they Corsi themselves to death.

Would not be surprised if Gallant winds up coaching the Las Vegas squad next year.

Pieceofme, what say you?
Well, I have been on message boards and twitter about this for the last 24 hours!

I liked Gallant a lot. He led them to the Atlantic division last year. Most points in franchise history. They lost in the first round against the Islanders, but we were the better team imo. Gallant had his flaws, but all coaches do.

You could tell the writing was on the wall with all the sweeping changes that happened in the summer. He wasn't happy with the Gudbranson trade. Basically new managament is all about thr analytics, and wanted to be like the Penguins. The thing is, the Penguins have this player called Crosby. And Malkin. Oh, and Letang on defense. And Kessel was playing 3rd line! As good as some of our players are, they are not on Crosby/Malkin level. None of out defensemen are Letang level.

So they changed the makeup of the team. Some of the additions have been good, but we literally have no defenseman who can really defend. They are all looking at the transition and offensive game. So the system and players does not match Gallants style. What management did was really crappy. Even with all the sweeping changes, and Huberdeau injured, we're still above .500, and two points out of the playoffs.

Tallon and Gallant wanted to build the team like the LA Kings (lol, almost put Guns, as I'm on sludge). New management went for the flavour of the month with the Penguins.

But to fire Gallant straight after the game, and at the beginning of the road trip was really douchey. And then the guy who replaces him was the one that basically fired him! And this guy is going to be the coach for the rest of the season! And guess what, he has never been a coach at the NHL level. Just AHL and KHL. And his coaching style isn't too dissimilar to Gallant, expect with less experience, and probably won't be as popular with the players. Just such a powertrip.

Basically Gallant wasn't there guy. He was Tallons. And Tallon has already been 'promoted' to president of hockey operations. So they basically decided to part ways. Their handling of the situation was bad.

A lot of Panthers fans are pissed how it was handled. Understandably so. We will see how the season goes, and what management does, but they are on a short lease.

I wish Gallant all the best on his next job. He deserved a lot better.

Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Jimmy Hayes scored a goal the other night. His first POINT in 35 games.
Any other head coach in the league that wouldn't have benched him at some point before it got to 35?
Claude should not be here.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Facedown wrote:Jimmy Hayes scored a goal the other night. His first POINT in 35 games.
Any other head coach in the league that wouldn't have benched him at some point before it got to 35?
Like Julien a lot, but his useful shelf life is probably done in Boston.

I hear Gerard Gallant is available!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:
Facedown wrote:Jimmy Hayes scored a goal the other night. His first POINT in 35 games.
Like Julien a lot, but his useful shelf life is probably done in Boston.

I hear Gerard Gallant is available!
:x

I should add that Gallant isn't some Prehistoric coach that does not use anayltics at all. He does. it is more of a philosophical clash, and how the analytics are used.

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

pieceofme wrote:
WOLF wrote:And the winner of the "dick move of the year that will set the franchise back years" award is:

The Florida Panthers!

Pieceofme, what say you?
Well, I have been on message boards and twitter about this for the last 24 hours!

I liked Gallant a lot. He led them to the Atlantic division last year. Most points in franchise history. They lost in the first round against the Islanders, but we were the better team imo. Gallant had his flaws, but all coaches do.

You could tell the writing was on the wall with all the sweeping changes that happened in the summer. He wasn't happy with the Gudbranson trade. Basically new managament is all about thr analytics, and wanted to be like the Penguins. The thing is, the Penguins have this player called Crosby. And Malkin. Oh, and Letang on defense. And Kessel was playing 3rd line! As good as some of our players are, they are not on Crosby/Malkin level. None of out defensemen are Letang level.

So they changed the makeup of the team. Some of the additions have been good, but we literally have no defenseman who can really defend. They are all looking at the transition and offensive game. So the system and players does not match Gallants style. What management did was really crappy. Even with all the sweeping changes, and Huberdeau injured, we're still above .500, and two points out of the playoffs.

Tallon and Gallant wanted to build the team like the LA Kings (lol, almost put Guns, as I'm on sludge). New management went for the flavour of the month with the Penguins.

But to fire Gallant straight after the game, and at the beginning of the road trip was really douchey. And then the guy who replaces him was the one that basically fired him! And this guy is going to be the coach for the rest of the season! And guess what, he has never been a coach at the NHL level. Just AHL and KHL. And his coaching style isn't too dissimilar to Gallant, expect with less experience, and probably won't be as popular with the players. Just such a powertrip.

Basically Gallant wasn't there guy. He was Tallons. And Tallon has already been 'promoted' to president of hockey operations. So they basically decided to part ways. Their handling of the situation was bad.

A lot of Panthers fans are pissed how it was handled. Understandably so. We will see how the season goes, and what management does, but they are on a short lease.

In Ottawa for a youth hockey tournament and got primo seats for Sens/Panthers game, right next to Panthers bench, last night.

Team has a lot of talent, but is in complete disarray. On each other on bench. Coach in over his head. Horrible breakout, horrible zone entry, no cohesion on PP, nobody going to dirty areas, bad decisions with puck (Corsi stat motivated perhaps?). They had a gem in Gallant and messed up!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:
pieceofme wrote:

The Florida Panthers!

Pieceofme, what say you?

In Ottawa for a youth hockey tournament and got primo seats for Sens/Panthers game, right next to Panthers bench, last night.

Team has a lot of talent, but is in complete disarray. On each other on bench. Coach in over his head. Horrible breakout, horrible zone entry, no cohesion on PP, nobody going to dirty areas, bad decisions with puck (Corsi stat motivated perhaps?). They had a gem in Gallant and messed up!
It was a dreadful game for the Panthers. Didn't even look like scoring. Kindl and Ekblad are a terrible pairing. Can't believe we gave Ekblad that crazy extension. Who looks miles away from being a $7.5m player. I bet Luongo hope he gets picked up by Vegas at this rate!

Really missing Huberdeau, but can't blame it on injuries. Every team gets injuries.

Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

Jackets keep winning. Still cautiously optimistic.