The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by Kid-Wicked »

beer league is similar. i haven't played since febuary. it's killing me but i don't want to play in a league where i get a penalty shot on me for every penalty and then not be able to shower after.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

What opinions about the proposed divisions for the upcoming season? I think it's great that Canadian teams are in the same division. Still, no chance to reduce traveling for many teams.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

ShearMagic wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:51 am What opinions about the proposed divisions for the upcoming season? I think it's great that Canadian teams are in the same division. Still, no chance to reduce traveling for many teams.
Think it sounds pretty exciting. Should create some good rivalries.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Thanks for the memories, Big Z.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

So far so good. It's great that the league is taking the COVID rules so seriously . Sitting four games for all the Russian players on the Caps . That sends a pretty loud message to the rest of the players . The games have been missing some of their usual bite with no fans to get the players riled up. But i think the big hits and fights will come soon.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

If I understand this correctly, NHL choose to go with streaming on ESPN+ and a cable deal with Turner (TNT or TBS) over a deal with NBC that would mean games on USA and NBC when NBCSN shuts down. They also declined a deal with Fox that would mean cable games on Fox sports 1 and games on the big Fox.....And the reason being that they wanted better exposure......but these deals mean that they will have no network presence whatsoever!?
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

Please KINGS go back to the purple and gold unis!! They look awesome
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Isn't it past time Tom Wilson is thrown out of the league?
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

AliceManson wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:10 am Isn't it past time Tom Wilson is thrown out of the league?
$5000 fine only.

No wonder the next game was a complete gong show.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Can't see the Canadiens coming out of this one with a cup!
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Seeing any Canada team losing in Finals is hilarious
Canada makes Finals and almost empty arenas :lol:
Canada going to lose to beach hockey city :lol: :lol: 8)
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Anyone see the news about that tragic fireworks accident that killed Matiss Kivlenieks of the Blue Jackets? Sad...

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/05/spor ... index.html

Bolts almost got the sweep last night, but even with that loss they've never looked better. They'll win the Cup in game 5.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:33 pm Anyone see the news about that tragic fireworks accident that killed Matiss Kivlenieks of the Blue Jackets? Sad...

Bolts almost got the sweep last night, but even with that loss they've never looked better. They'll win the Cup in game 5.
I hope so. Get it over and done with.

dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

pieceofme wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:30 pm
dmbrocker wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:33 pm Anyone see the news about that tragic fireworks accident that killed Matiss Kivlenieks of the Blue Jackets? Sad...

I hope so. Get it over and done with.
And indeed they did. Congrats, Bolts! Wasn't much of a fair series, was it?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

greatest post game interview of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfwEHN7rEvY
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

R.I.P. Mike Bossy (lung cancer) at 65:

https://www.pressherald.com/2022/04/15/ ... ng-cancer/
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

R.I.P. Guy LaFleur at 70. One of the all-time Habs greats and just over a week after Mike Bossy’s passing:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/337 ... atform=amp
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

How about those Panthers!

The East is going to be a bloodbath in the playoffs.

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

playoff goaltending.
you either have it or you don't
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

pieceofme wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:16 am How about those Panthers!

You might just end up eating your words, unfortunately. Bolts are one win away from sweeping the Panthers outta here.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:49 pm

You might just end up eating your words, unfortunately. Bolts are one win away from sweeping the Panthers outta here.
How am I eating my words?

I said how about those Panthers because they are one of the top teams, and won the Presidents Trophy.

I then said the East is a bloodbath which implies it is going to be tough for any team.

Btw, in the hockey forum I posted on, I predicted we would beat Washington in 6. And lose to Tampa in 6. Against Tampa it is possible to be a sweep. We shall see.

dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

pieceofme wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:43 pm

I said how about those Panthers because they are one of the top teams, and won the Presidents Trophy.

I then said the East is a bloodbath which implies it is going to be tough for any team.

Btw, in the hockey forum I posted on, I predicted we would beat Washington in 6. And lose to Tampa in 6. Against Tampa it is possible to be a sweep. We shall see.
"Tough for any team"? Bolts are making it look easy right now. Stamkos, Kuch, Hedman, etc. All looking unbeatable, even with Point's injury.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:51 pm
pieceofme wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:43 pm

"Tough for any team"? Bolts are making it look easy right now.
Stamkos, Kuch, Hedman, etc. All looking unbeatable, even with Point's injury.
They were taken to 7 games by the Leafs. It's not an easy path for Tampa. Looks like it will be a sweep against Florida but the games have been close.

dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Sweep complete. We shall see if they'll be as successful against the 'Canes or the Rangers. Regardless, my money's on the Bolts winning the Cup for a second straight season.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:18 pm Sweep complete. We shall see if they'll be as successful against the 'Canes or the Rangers. Regardless, my money's on the Bolts winning the Cup for a second straight season.

It would be the 3rd straight cup. I have them vs. Colorado in the final.

Horse Called War
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Horse Called War »

pieceofme wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:01 pm
dmbrocker wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:18 pm Sweep complete. We shall see if they'll be as successful against the 'Canes or the Rangers. Regardless, my money's on the Bolts winning the Cup for a second straight season.

The Avalanche will take the cup, they finally broke the 2nd round curse, they are on a mission.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Horse Called War wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:31 pm

The Avalanche will take the cup, they finally broke the 2nd round curse, they are on a mission.
Well, they just swept the Oilers out. Bolts avoided the sweep yesterday, but they're looking pretty weak at the moment for a team who pulled off a sweep of their own in the second round.
Horse Called War
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Horse Called War »

dmbrocker wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:28 pm
Horse Called War wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:31 pm

Well, they just swept the Oilers out. Bolts avoided the sweep yesterday, but they're looking pretty weak at the moment for a team who pulled off a sweep of their own in the second round.
The speed and depth of Colorado should be the difference, but our goaltender is the weakest link.
I have the Avs in 5
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

the longer the series goes the more it favors tampa.
this series should live and die on goaltending.
tampa in 7.
makar gets the conn smythe
if not him then stamkos
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

NYR couldn't win a face off or put much on net but coming back vs the Pens and Canes surpassed my expectations. The Conference Finals was more than I imagined...Up 2-0 made me think NYR actually had a chance before the 3rd period Falcon Punches. For a young team they bogged down late in every game, the last three was sloppy....Really game three from the 3rd on was unwatchable.

Then again I didn't think either could beat Colorado, I'll take the Avs over a 3 peat.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.