The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by WOLF »

Facedown wrote:Bruins hire Cassidy.
Might be a good fit but probably only for a couple of years.
After their strong finish, the job had to be his.

Every coach has a shelf life, but it will be a good couple of years before Cassidy is tuned out by the players.

Some good young players coming up. Cassidy will be good for them.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

WOLF wrote:
Facedown wrote:Bruins hire Cassidy.
Might be a good fit but probably only for a couple of years.
After their strong finish, the job had to be his.

Every coach has a shelf life, but it will be a good couple of years before Cassidy is tuned out by the players.

Some good young players coming up. Cassidy will be good for them.
Yeah, but I think he has to tone down his calling out players and speaking his mind thing just a bit
as, even though it's refreshing, it can wear thin quickly.
If he can do that, he might last a while.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Man, Oilers up by 2 games. And away from home. They better not win it!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

jizzyjizim wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Glad to see the Rangers take down the Habs with Price this time.

Hope the Oilers get swept. I really hate hating on a team but fuck it, I hate them. Screw um and McDonald's.

Glad Chicago is OUT! FU-2! :twisted:
Flames fan? pissed of Leafs fan? Sabres Fan?..what gives?..why all the Oiler hate? :lol:
Rag's all the way and I like the Flames but hate? I'll exaggerate and amplify a bit...
Not sure where to begin.....2010, 2011, 2012, 2015 or simply clump 2009 to 2016. They're owner is a douche and they're smug GM's hobby is playing lotto. Oh, I've also heard THEY'VE GOT A MALL!
I could go on all day but I have no respect for a team that was rewarded so much for sucking so hard it almost became cheating. Then to hear them cry about missing the playoffs like they deserve it after all the success the franchise has had in the past....This team and playoff run was given to them as a reward for sucking.

Then it's great seeing Talbot doing well.....Of course it has to be with Edmonton.
pieceofme wrote:Man, Oilers up by 2 games. And away from home. They better not win it!
Ducks being the Ducks.....It's ugly.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

UtahRatt wrote:
jizzyjizim wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Glad to see the Rangers take down the Habs with Price this time.

Hope the Oilers get swept. I really hate hating on a team but fuck it, I hate them. Screw um and McDonald's.

Glad Chicago is OUT! FU-2! :twisted:
Flames fan? pissed of Leafs fan? Sabres Fan?..what gives?..why all the Oiler hate? :lol:
Rag's all the way and I like the Flames but hate? I'll exaggerate and amplify a bit...
Not sure where to begin.....2010, 2011, 2012, 2015 or simply clump 2009 to 2016. They're owner is a douche and they're smug GM's hobby is playing lotto. Oh, I've also heard THEY'VE GOT A MALL!
I could go on all day but I have no respect for a team that was rewarded so much for sucking so hard it almost became cheating. Then to hear them cry about missing the playoffs like they deserve it after all the success the franchise has had in the past....This team and playoff run was given to them as a reward for sucking.

Then it's great seeing Talbot doing well.....Of course it has to be with Edmonton.
pieceofme wrote:Man, Oilers up by 2 games. And away from home. They better not win it!
Ducks being the Ducks.....It's ugly.

I'm not gonna disagree with you, being awarded 4 1st overall picks isn't fair, I'd feel the same way if I happened to another team but the past management enabled those past teams to end up in the basement, not gettin the proper pieces to compete, Chiarelli went out and got Maroon/Lucic/Kassian/Talbot, traded for Larsson, I give him full props for having the balls to trade Hall, MacTavish/Tambellini wouldn't have touched that trade, yes.. landing McDavid was luck, but even after all those high picks this team still sucked and was not fun to watch or be a fan of, it was horrible so making the playoffs after 11 years feels pretty damn good.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

As much as I'd love to see them winning it all, ya gotta think the Pens have a good chance of repeating,disposing of the Jackets in 5 and seem to be in full control over the President Trophy winners, they are firing on all cylinders.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

jizzyjizim wrote:
As much as I'd love to see them winning it all, ya gotta think the Pens have a good chance of repeating,disposing of the Jackets in 5 and seem to be in full control over the President Trophy winners, they are firing on all cylinders.
Yeah, the Pens are looking good. Can't see Washington getting through now.

And whoever the Pens face in the East final: Sens or Rags. Well, those two teams are the weakest left in the playoffs. You might as well put the Pens in the final now.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Really Edmonton?

Interference calls or not, you gotta suck it up and close out games.

Fuck! :shock:
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

WOLF wrote:Really Edmonton?

Interference calls or not, you gotta suck it up and close out games.

Fuck! :shock:
If you can't see that Kesler's glove was on his pad and he actually wraps his arm near the end then people are blind, I'll give them the first 2 goals, yes, Oilers were scrambling and those are fair goals but than last one was goalie interference, I HATE when fans complain about reffing , bad calls happen all the time but 2 games in a row with blatant goalie interference?? Come on.

https://twitter.com/krazeecanuckle/stat ... 7861468160
EzyRider
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by EzyRider »

I was at the Oilers/Ducks game last night, people were leaving in 3rd with 5-6 minutes to go, then WHAM! The Ducks pulled the goalie and an impressive barrage of shots followed until the spell was broken, then 2 more to tie it up. 4th period Oilers came on strong (really strong), but then the Ducks win it in 5th period. Crowd was super stoked and pretty crazy/fun atmosphere leaving the building and back to the cars.

some pics;

It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

EzyRider wrote:I was at the Oilers/Ducks game last night, people were leaving in 3rd with 5-6 minutes to go, then WHAM! The Ducks pulled the goalie and an impressive barrage of shots followed until the spell was broken, then 2 more to tie it up. 4th period Oilers came on strong (really strong), but then the Ducks win it in 5th period. Crowd was super stoked and pretty crazy/fun atmosphere leaving the building and back to the cars.

some pics;

Nice, classic game to attend. Good on you for staying until the end. The Oilers fans tears should wash off that makeup.

It's going to be a long offseason for the Rangers if they don't come back from this one. Should have been over in 5. Senators have had the lead for six minutes in the series with a 3-2 lead.

Go Nashville.
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

watched ducks/oilers game 6 at home and feel like I just got ass raped while wearing an Oilers clown outfit

picked up tickets for game 7 back home just now, lets hope they bring it
It's good to be bad
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

EzyRider wrote:watched ducks/oilers game 6 at home and feel like I just got ass raped while wearing an Oilers clown outfit

picked up tickets for game 7 back home just now, lets hope they bring it
Isn't that the motto every year?
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

pretty much, yup :)
It's good to be bad
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Would've been fun to see capital city vs capital city in Caps vs Sens but no dice. Pens vs Sens it is. Ovechkin will never helm the Caps to the finals. This was their final year. Don't care much about Ducks vs Preds. Actually would be nice to see Sens vs Preds in the finals. Then there would be a new champion.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

ShearMagic wrote:Would've been fun to see capital city vs capital city in Caps vs Sens but no dice. Pens vs Sens it is. Ovechkin will never helm the Caps to the finals. This was their final year. Don't care much about Ducks vs Preds. Actually would be nice to see Sens vs Preds in the finals. Then there would be a new champion.

ya gotta wonder what more the Caps can do to ice a Stanley Cup winning team, my Oilers are out in a good series against the Ducks, there will be a few new players next year for sure ( Eberlazy will be gone ) I'd like to see a new Cup champ so I'll cheer on the Sens ( Canadian and all eh? )
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Pens over Sens in 6 (but cheering for Sens)
Predators over Ducks in 6 (go PK)

As a Habs fan who was fine with the Weber/Subban deal, I still can't help but morbidly look forward to the media shitstorm in these parts if PK makes the final, or actually wins the Cup and brings it to the Montreal Children's Hospital to celebrate, as promised.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

jizzyjizim wrote:
ShearMagic wrote:Would've been fun to see capital city vs capital city in Caps vs Sens but no dice. Pens vs Sens it is. Ovechkin will never helm the Caps to the finals. This was their final year. Don't care much about Ducks vs Preds. Actually would be nice to see Sens vs Preds in the finals. Then there would be a new champion.

ya gotta wonder what more the Caps can do to ice a Stanley Cup winning team, my Oilers are out in a good series against the Ducks, there will be a few new players next year for sure ( Eberlazy will be gone ) I'd like to see a new Cup champ so I'll cheer on the Sens ( Canadian and all eh? )
Lucic killed me on that GWG, wtf was he doing? Oilers should have won that series and fucked themselves in game 5. Too bad, they were fun to watch.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

EatTheGlass wrote:
jizzyjizim wrote:

Lucic killed me on that GWG, wtf was he doing? Oilers should have won that series and fucked themselves in game 5. Too bad, they were fun to watch.
I don't wanna complain about that game, it is what it is but I still believe that it was goalie interfernce on Kesler on tying goal, if that gets called, Oilers win Game 5 but who knows what happens in Game 6..too many what ifs..enjoyable series and I'm pretty happy with the direction of the team.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Lets Go Rusev and Lana Predators!

Rusev and Lana best celebrity fans! They rule!!!!!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

couple shots from oilers/ducks game 7

predators are tough competition, new bruises guaranteed

It's good to be bad
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

got tix for ducks/predators game 5 tomorrow at honda center, rumor is Johansen is out, we'll see how it shakes out tomorrrow ...
Last edited by EzyRider on Sat May 20, 2017 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's good to be bad
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

x
It's good to be bad
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

EzyRider wrote:got tix for ducks/predators game 5 tomorrow at honda center, rumor is Johansen is out, we'll see how it shakes out tomorrrow ...
He had surgery and is out for the playoffs.

Preds will be in tough, with 2 of 3 games remaining in Anaheim and missing essentially a full line of forwards: Johansen, Fisher, and Fiala.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

WOLF wrote:
EzyRider wrote:got tix for ducks/predators game 5 tomorrow at honda center, rumor is Johansen is out, we'll see how it shakes out tomorrrow ...
He had surgery and is out for the playoffs.

Preds will be in tough, with 2 of 3 games remaining in Anaheim and missing essentially a full line of forwards: Johansen, Fisher, and Fiala.
The Ducks road to the cup just keeps getting easier, no fucking excuses now.

They can look back and say they beat an overachieving CAL team who has putrid goaltending come playoff time, an EDM team who hadn't seen a playoff game in 10 years, and now a NSH team who loses their #1 center. GROSS
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Nashville won game 5! Come on Nashville!

Nashville/Ottawa final please!

LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Rusev and Lana one win away from NHL finals!
yes yes yes
This is AWESOME
Suck it Canada you are NXT!!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Nashville in the final!

Will most likely be against the Pens.

As good as Nashville have been, their lack of centre depth against the Pens could go against them. Johansen out is a big blow for them.

theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

As an Anti Habs im very happy to see Nashville winning, now i only hope they win the cup so PK can come back to the Montreal chldren's hospital with it and rub it into the organisation/fanbase face
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

theglammerthebetter wrote:As an Anti Habs im very happy to see Nashville winning, now i only hope they win the cup so PK can come back to the Montreal chldren's hospital with it and rub it into the organisation/fanbase face
As long as he's got Joannie Rochette there with him, I'm down! Was kind of hoping for the Ducks to win that one, though.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for