Black Monday for NFL coaches.

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Black Monday for NFL coaches.

Post by Tymaster »

We all knew Zorn was a goner.
Who is going to be next?
An AM station in Cleveland is saying Mangini is a goner tomorrow. I know he won 4 in a row to end the season, but I don't think Holmgren wants him around.
I'm sure Al Davis is ready to fire another coach. Like anyone is lining up for that job.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Black Monday for NFL coaches.

Post by doctordestructo »

Tymaster wrote: I'm sure Al Davis is ready to fire another coach. Like anyone is lining up for that job.
The Jim Fassel's, Marc Trestman's, Kevin Gilbride's, etc... of the world would beg to differ.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

doctordestructo wrote:
Tymaster wrote: I'm sure Al Davis is ready to fire another coach. Like anyone is lining up for that job.
The Jim Fassel's, Marc Trestman's, Kevin Gilbride's, etc... of the world would beg to differ.

Well, it's a paycheck. But it's the worst run organization in the league right now.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by doctordestructo »

Tymaster wrote:
doctordestructo wrote:

Well, it's a paycheck. But it's the worst run organization in the league right now.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Tymaster wrote:
doctordestructo wrote:

Only because of Al Davis' obsession with JaMarcus. The guy flat out sucks.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Even raider fans yesterday voiced their displeasure with
the laziest/worst QB in the NFL.

I can't remember if Simms was broadcasting yesterday or someone else, but during the telecast Simms said that it's obvious russell needs to work harder than he currently is/has.

Listen-You give an unproven kid all those millions of dollars, what do you expect? More reason for a fucking NFL rookie salary cap.
You can bet your last dollar that is his #1 pick was making around $350,000 per season, he would be busting his ass and running stadium stairs and watching film 7 days a week.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I heard on ESPN that Tom Cable's gonna get canned. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mangina get the boot too. Kubiak is safe apparently.

Raheem Morris may be one and done.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

JakeYonkel wrote:I heard on ESPN that Tom Cable's gonna get canned. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mangina get the boot too. Kubiak is safe apparently.

Raheem Morris may be one and done.
Mangini started to state his case around here with the 4 game win streak, even the local fans and media WHO WERE HARSH appear to have turned to Mangini's side, but I don't think it's enough. There is still something very shady with the firing of George Kokino's. The league is looking into that as we speak. Plus, I just think Holmgren is going to want a west coast guy. Supposedly Mangini gets to plead his case, but like I said, WKNR in Cleveland said Holmgren has already made up his mind, and it will be official tomorrow.
I'd say it's 50 - 50 though. I don't think Holmgren is too crazy with blowing everything up, and I also don't think he is fond of firing a coach after one season. Part of me also says Holmgren wants his own west coast guy, and the Kokino situation may be enough to fire Mangini with just cause:; meaning unlike Romeo Crennell and Phil Savage, the Browns don't have to continue to pay him.................................
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

GypsyDog5150 wrote:I think Bill Cowher if he gets the Bills job is perfect. The team couldn't win a Super Bowl. And he couldn't win in the playoffs. I can't think of another coach who made it to so many playoff games, yet choked.

I hate the Steelers as much as anyone, but it's hard to dog Cowher. Yeah, he lost a lot of play off games, but most teams would kill to get to that many playoff games. Plus, it wasn't like the Rooney's were big spenders. Cowher got maximum bang for his buck a lot years. The Steelers would have the lowest pay roll, yet Cowher always made them competitive. And I would say the same thing about Schottenheimer. Yeah, he never got to a SB, but he got to the playoffs more than most coaches.....
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Even though I don't care for him, it's pretty shitty to fire Mangini after a year on that team which has absolutely nothing.

Good to hear Kubiak is safe. He deserves at least one more season. They went from doormat to a team no one really looked forward to playing in a short time.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Tommy wrote:Even though I don't care for him, it's pretty shitty to fire Mangini after a year on that team which has absolutely nothing.

Good to hear Kubiak is safe. He deserves at least one more season. They went from doormat to a team no one really looked forward to playing in a short time.
I'm no Mangini fan either, but as a Browns fan, I have faith in Holmgrens decision. We'll know tomorrow. Mangini better be praying though. He's burned so many bridges with old staff members that it will be darn near impossible to find another head coaching job or even an assistant job in the NFL. He's considered a back stabber by many in the league. And like I said, the Kokino's situation could have Mangini and Lerner in hot water.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Tymaster wrote:
Tommy wrote:Even though I don't care for him, it's pretty shitty to fire Mangini after a year on that team which has absolutely nothing.

I'm no Mangini fan either, but as a Browns fan, I have faith in Holmgrens decision. We'll know tomorrow. Mangini better be praying though. He's burned so many bridges with old staff members that it will be darn near impossible to find another head coaching job or even an assistant job in the NFL. He's considered a back stabber by many in the league. And like I said, the Kokino's situation could have Mangini and Lerner in hot water.

What's the story with that? All I know is that Kokino was Mangini's bud and had the job for barely half a season before getting canned.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

The Browns say they fired him with just cause (he was depressed, showing up for work late, etc.) Kokino's case is this: his job description included all the personnell decisions etc. Basically, he was supposed to be over Mangini. Kokino's alleges that Lerner (a clueless owner if there ever was one) let Mangini go over his head. Kokino's apparently had no input on the trade of Braylon Edwards for instance. If this is the case, then Mangini didn't follow his contract, Lerner owes Kokinos some money, and Mike Holmgren can fire Mangini with just cause, and not have to pay him the remainder of his contract. Also, if this is true, would Mike Holmgren want this guy on his team??? No one knows what all went down, but sometimes when theres smokes theres fire..........
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

GypsyDog5150 wrote:I think Bill Cowher if he gets the Bills job is perfect. The team couldn't win a Super Bowl. And he couldn't win in the playoffs. I can't think of another coach who made it to so many playoff games, yet choked.
Fail. Cowher took TWO teams to the Super Bowl - and the only thing those teams had in common was the uniform. That is an amazing feat and the amount of coaches who have done that can be counted on one hand.

And he WON a Super Bowl.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Fail. Cowher took TWO teams to the Super Bowl - and the only thing those teams had in common was the uniform. That is an amazing feat and the amount of coaches who have done that can be counted on one hand.

And he WON a Super Bowl.
Yeah. As a Browns fan I should hate Cowher, but I have nothing but respect for him. One of the all time greats. And he had a lot of undermanned Steelers teams, but he got maximum work out of them. No other coach could have gotten some of those teams into the playoffs. The guy got into a SB with Neil O'Donnell for God's sake.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Yikes, Raheem Morris is safe.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Romeo Crennel to be Chiefs Defensive Coordinator:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4792324

Good for the most lovable coach ever! Although in the end, poor Romeo proved to be in over his head in Cleveland. Horrible clock management, never knowing when to throw or not throw the red flag, and being too much of a players coach being the primary problems. His players loved him, but lacked discipline. But at the same time, Coach Crennel got a major screwing in Cleveland by Lerner and Phil Savage. Every time Phil made a mistake, he never had the guts to go to the podium. He always sent Romeo. Phil tries to cover Winslows staph infection, Romeo has to explain. Phil emails a fan with the message "F*** off!," Phil sends Romeo out to apologize. And when the fans and media turned on Romeo during that ugly 2008 season (name me any coach who can win when you're down to your FIFTH quarterback by December) he maintained his class and dignity to the fans and press.
He's far too old to ever get another head coaching job, but he'll make KC's defense far better. Keep in mind, Belichick has NEVER won a Super Bowl without Romeo Crennel running his defense.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

JakeYonkel wrote:Yikes, Raheem Morris is safe.
Why did this organization fire Gruden in the first place?
Didn't he get fired after back to back winning seasons?
Another organization in dissaray.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I don't know, Gruden getting canned boggled the mind. Maybe it was like Marty Schottenheimer getting fired by San Diego a few years ago, or Joe Torre not returning to the Yankees - these guys have moderate sustained success but haven't reached the next level in X years so the organization wants to make a change.

Either way Gruden found his way to Monday Night Football to give verbal handjobs to Brett Favre, so at least there's that.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

JakeYonkel wrote:I don't know, Gruden getting canned boggled the mind. Maybe it was like Marty Schottenheimer getting fired by San Diego a few years ago, or Joe Torre not returning to the Yankees - these guys have moderate sustained success but haven't reached the next level in X years so the organization wants to make a change.

Either way Gruden found his way to Monday Night Football to give verbal handjobs to Brett Favre, so at least there's that.
Even though Gruden signed an extension w/ MNF, I have a feeling he'd fit perfect in Cleveland working under Holmgren. Gruden made it very apparent that he would love to be the man coaching Brady Quinn when the Browns were on MNF this season. Randy Lerner has more money than he does sense, so he'd have no problem buying out Grudens ESPN contract. Stay tuned......................
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I'd love to see Gruden in Cleveland with a great D coordinator. Chuckie is young enough to start over, and any team can become good in a few years in the NFL.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The raiders coach has gained 1 more week of being employed. He stated that sometime next week he and Al will have a meeting.

Can Al dump his head coach-A coach that his players actually like
Or does Al release his #1 QB. A QB that is the worst in the NFL and obviously has no desire to work hard or improve.

I say dump the QB and make an example out of the lazy fuck.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Tymaster wrote:Gruden made it very apparent that he would love to be the man coaching Brady Quinn when the Browns were on MNF this season.
Didn't he pretty much do that every week, different team, different player?
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
Tymaster wrote:Gruden made it very apparent that he would love to be the man coaching Brady Quinn when the Browns were on MNF this season.
Didn't he pretty much do that every week, different team, different player?

True dat. But he was really sticking up for Quinn and how the situation has been handled, and how he'd handlle it. Throw in the fact that Gruden is from Sandusky, OH and was a QB at the University of Dayton. Is still young and hungry. It would be a good match.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

JakeYonkel wrote:I'd love to see Gruden in Cleveland with a great D coordinator. Chuckie is young enough to start over, and any team can become good in a few years in the NFL.

This!
And actually, I think we have a great Defensive Coordinator now in Rob Ryan. He's about the only guy we have on staff I'd like to keep. Gruden and Holmgren could put a good offense around Brady Quinn and make him a franchise QB (what this team has sorely missed since returning to the league in 1999.) *crosses fingers.*
Holmgren is set to address the media at 4. All of Browns Nation is awaiting. Actually all of Ohio. It's kind of funny. THe Bungles made the playoffs, but this Holmgren thing has their playoff appearance buried behind the Holmgren stuff.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Which DC area airport is Shanahan flying in through? He might leave a turd on the 50 yard lone in Baltimore on his way to Redskins HQ.

I think the Jets are still ranked above Baltimore so even if the Ravens and Jets run the table, the championship game will be in New Jersey. Laugh as it ripens Baltimore...
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Lovie survived in Chicago.
Holmgren presser in Cleveland on ESPNnews right now!
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Tymaster wrote:Lovie survived in Chicago.
Yeah but he's bent over for the draft picks Denver enjoys!

BTW the Raiders called and asked me to be head coach. I'm holding out for a new stadium and Tim Tebow as QB... Provided all offensive linemen are undrafted free agents and Tymaster and Machado are co-GMs!
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Garbageman wrote:
Tymaster wrote:Lovie survived in Chicago.
Yeah but he's bent over for the draft picks Denver enjoys!

BTW the Raiders called and asked me to be head coach. I'm holding out for a new stadium and Tim Tebow as QB... Provided all offensive linemen are undrafted free agents and Tymaster and Machado are co-GMs!
Garbageman, is your real name "Art Shell?"
LOL. What a fiasco his second tenure was. It was like he went down to the local sports pub and hired a bunch of old drinking buddies.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The Rooney Rule, established in 2003, requires National Football League teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operations opportunities.
The rule is named for Dan Rooney, the owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers and the chairman of the league's diversity committee, and indirectly the Rooney family in general due to the team's long history of giving African Americans opportunities that most NFL teams at one point didn't give.
It is often cited as an example of affirmative action.