The Big Unit is retiring.

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

VinnieKulick
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

The Big Unit is retiring.

Post by VinnieKulick »

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4798910

Pretty sad for me, I always thought he was so great. Sure fire first ballot HOFer.
ImageImage
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Re: The Big Unit is retiring.

Post by JakeYonkel »

He was great, yes, but he's also a surly motherfucker and left Yankee fans out to dry in 2 straight postseason flops. Whatever.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

JakeYonkel wrote:He was great, yes, but he's also a surly motherfucker and left Yankee fans out to dry in 2 straight postseason flops. Whatever.
Yeah, but he shut them the fuck down when he was opposing them. :lol:

I'm kinda bummed. I wanted him to continue and go for more records.....I mean if he's able to.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

I enjoyed watching that gangly dudes at bats more than his pitching! :shock: Made Shaq's free throw shooting seem all star worthy.
:wink:
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

he has nothing let to accomplish, like he said...i think it's the perfect time to go...just think of his numbers if he came up when he was 20 or 21 (he came up at 24 or so)
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote:He was great, yes, but he's also a surly motherfucker and left Yankee fans out to dry in 2 straight postseason flops. Whatever.
Yeah, but he shut them the fuck down when he was opposing them. :lol:

I'm kinda bummed. I wanted him to continue and go for more records.....I mean if he's able to.
By the time he put on the pinstripes, his fastball lost just enough "zip" that he no longer was a Cy Young caliber pitcher.
Even though he won a lot of games during the regular season, the Yankees had other areas of concern that kept them from winning it all during those seasons.