Lane Kiffin New USC Head Coach

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Lane Kiffin New USC Head Coach

Post by OverMe »

Tennessee's Lane Kiffin has agreed in principle to become the next head coach at Southern California, sources close to the situation told ESPN.com's Chris Low on Tuesday.

Kiffin would replace Pete Carroll, who jumped to the NFL as coach of the Seattle Seahawks.

Kiffin, the former Oakland Raiders coach, led the Volunteers for only one season.

Sources told ESPN Kiffin will bring his father and defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin, and assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator Ed Orgeron to Southern Cal with him, and wide receivers coach Kippy Brown will be named interim head coach at Tennessee.

Kiffin has been on the move of late. He was 7-5 in his one season at Tennessee and 5-15 in one-plus seasons with the Raiders before being fired in September 2008.

He was a member of the USC coaching staff from 2001-06.

Several presumptive candidates to replace Carroll had dropped out of the running in the 24 hours after Carroll officially announced his resignation. Former USC linebacker Jack Del Rio committed to staying in Jacksonville on Tuesday, while Jeff Fisher and Mike Riley showed no public interest despite their Trojans ties.

The looming shadow of NCAA sanctions likely worried some coaches, but it can't change the fact USC offers an extremely attractive position with everything necessary to succeed right away: a rich local talent base, ample talent already on hand, a glowing history and a large, wealthy alumni base eager to keep winning.

Quarterback Matt Barkley has said that he is staying at Southern Cal despite the departures of the three coaches to which he was closest: Carroll, Jeremy Bates and Steve Sarkisian.

"It's just a great place to be, and a great place to live," he said. "We've got everything going for us."

Athletic director Mike Garrett was thought to be in charge of the search, but the elusive former Heisman Trophy winner has barely spoken in public for months, shying away from any chance of getting trapped into talking about the NCAA's various investigations into his beleaguered department.

Tailback Allen Bradford and Barkley were among the leaders who called a team meeting before the offseason conditioning program began Tuesday, while receiver Brice Butler and Barkley planned to call all of USC's prospective recruits to urge them to stick with the Trojans.

"I would just tell them what my dad told me: 'Don't commit because of a coach, because that can change,'" said Butler, who came to USC from Georgia. "You've got to commit because of a program, and this is USC."

Chris Low covers the SEC for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Lane Kiffin New USC Head Coach

Post by tripsgirl »

This is a WTF head scratcher?!?
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Now he'll have an even bigger stage to open his mouth and be a retard. Fuck that guy.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Kiffin is a proven douche of the highest order so why people keep giving this suckbag a megaphone is beyond me.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Holy the new Bobby Petrino.

Although, in fairness, I doubt he'll be leaving USC any time soon.
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

Apparently USC is close to getting Norm Chow as offensive coordinator.
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

I think they panic a little when their first two choices fell through. I bet the Vol's players are hoping that the Bush thing brings tough sanctions to USC.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Redman77 wrote:I think they panic a little when their first two choices fell through. I bet the Vol's players are hoping that the Bush thing brings tough sanctions to USC.

Even if they don't nail USC for that, Kiffin will do something soon enough to get them in trouble. Word this morning though is that the NCAA is now looking at "all aspects" of the USC program and trying to nail them with "lack of institutional control".
PussinBoots36
In Retirement

Post by PussinBoots36 »

Lane Kiffin is a flat-out liar. He lied to the team, he lied to the fans, and he lied to the media. He will try to destroy that university like he tried to destroy the Raiders.

The man was right on the money. Fuck Kiffin.
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."
--Jonathan Swift
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

its over for USC now, they had a awesome run. Now back to 40,000 at games again and 8-5 seasons
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Al-Bone
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Al-Bone »

Somewhere...Phil Fulmer is laughing.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Al-Bone wrote:Somewhere...Phil Fulmer is laughing.
I was half asleep, but did I hear ESPN report that UT is trying to get ahold of him?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
PussinBoots36
In Retirement

Post by PussinBoots36 »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Al-Bone wrote:Somewhere...Phil Fulmer is laughing.
I was half asleep, but did I hear ESPN report that UT is trying to get ahold of him?
According to MIke Hamilton that will not be happening.
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."
--Jonathan Swift
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

tyke wrote:
Redman77 wrote:I think they panic a little when their first two choices fell through. I bet the Vol's players are hoping that the Bush thing brings tough sanctions to USC.

Even if they don't nail USC for that, Kiffin will do something soon enough to get them in trouble. Word this morning though is that the NCAA is now looking at "all aspects" of the USC program and trying to nail them with "lack of institutional control".
Yep...USC was in panic mode when Carroll left. They needed a coach in place before Signing Day, so they settled for Kiffin. Al Davis is a senile fucktard, but he was dead on about Kiffin.

Now Tennessee is in panic mode. Like another poster said, they're trying to see if Phillip Fullmer will come back as athletic director or even coach. If I was Fullmer, I'd tell 'em to shove it up their ass.
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
WhiteHouseSubsAC

doctordestructo

Post by doctordestructo »

Posted elsewhere by a Volunteer fan:

"At least Kiffin had the decency to use a Trojan when he fucked us."
doctordestructo

Post by doctordestructo »

tripsgirl wrote:Image
:lol:
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

tripsgirl wrote:This is a WTF head scratcher?!?
It is Division I college sports. It happens all the time.
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Image
Excellent artistic expression.
I heard about "this rock" while listening to ESPN radio yesterday.

Lane is a weasel!

Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

I like his new nickname: Lane Violation!
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
rocketop
Headlining Clubs

Post by rocketop »

rocketop
Headlining Clubs

Post by rocketop »

Alabama Slammer

Post by Alabama Slammer »

I'd just like to add that after a long conversation with my family, I have decided to remove my name from consideration for the vacant head coaching job at the University of Tennessee.
PussinBoots36
In Retirement

Post by PussinBoots36 »

tyke wrote:I'd just like to add that after a long conversation with my family, I have decided to remove my name from consideration for the vacant head coaching job at the University of Tennessee.
You and apparently everyone else the the free world. :?
--Jonathan Swift
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

PussinBoots36 wrote:
tyke wrote:I'd just like to add that after a long conversation with my family, I have decided to remove my name from consideration for the vacant head coaching job at the University of Tennessee.
You and apparently everyone else the the free world. :?
I just heard Derek Dooley is on a plane to Knoxville.
rocketop
Headlining Clubs

Post by rocketop »

Word here is we're getting Dooley from LA Tech. Yes, the Div 2, LA Tech 4-8 coach Derek Dooley. WTF!!! :shock:
PussinBoots36
In Retirement

Post by PussinBoots36 »

Holy fuck we must be more desperate than a tweaking hooker. I think Kippy would have been better than the lawyer-man.
--Jonathan Swift
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

This cracked me up!

There's no love lost between Tennessee fans and Lane Kiffin.

Knoxville attorney Drew McElroy has filed paperwork with the Knoxville City Council's Public Properties and Facilities Naming Committee to rename a waste water treatment plant the “Lane Kiffin Sewage Center,” according to the Louisville Courier-Journal.

“It dawned on me -- Lane Kiffin told us that he hoped the fans would understand. I thought 'Well, naming the wastewater plant for him would let him know, I think very clearly, we do understand,'“ McElroy told the paper. “We want to memorialize his stay here, and I think this would be doing it appropriately.”

Kiffin was the Vols' football coach for just over a year before leaving Tennessee to take the head coaching job at USC.

McElroy told the Courier-Journal he wrote a $262 check for the application fee and mailed it to the City Council's Clerk last week.

“We don't have to rename the entire facility after him, just a part of it,” he said.

How would the plan be received by the community at large? One member might offer a clue.

“I think it'd be very fitting," said UT student Paul Mills said, according to the paper. "He's definitely garbage.”

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/Tenn ... fin-012010
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer