Lane Kiffin New USC Head Coach

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Lane Kiffin New USC Head Coach

Post by LAglamrocker »

why the bad blood, he went 7-5 for 1 year, he does that 3 years in a row he gets fired

Im not a USC fan, but i understand why he would want out
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

It really wasn't a bad move for either party.

He's a great recruiter in a talent rich area with a program that has mass appeal.

He orchestrated some impressive offenses while there, and his dad will have a field day with the kind of talent USC has at its disposal.

And you can't really fault Kiffin - it was his dream job. What if he passes it up for the sake of putting in 5 years at UT. Given the strength of USC, a young coach could easily come in and put in 20-30 years there and Kiffin would have missed the boat.

Plus, I think Kiffin learned the hard way that he's not cut out for SEC land.

I am sure USC would have preferred Sarkisian coming back with Nick Holt, and they may have even tried that, but they probably also had Kiffin as a very close option #2 and their most likely candidate.
doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by doctordestructo »

Rumors fly that Cable could reunite with Kiffin
Posted by Mike Florio on January 21, 2010 3:14 PM ET

As Raiders coach Tom Cable continues to twist in the wind, we've caught wind of a rumor that former Raiders coach Lane Kiffin is prepared to add Cable to the USC coaching staff if/when Cable is fired in Oakland.

If it happens, it will mean that both Kiffin and Cable have resolved their differences from late 2008.

Cable wasn't happy that Kiffin was poaching members of the Raiders' staff for Kiffin's new gig in Knoxville. And Cable wasn't afraid to say so.

"I'm pissed. That's the best way to put it," Cable said at the time. "Quite frankly, that's the only way I can put it."

We didn't really understand Cable's consternation at the time. With every Raiders assistant on a year-to-year arrangement at best, an offer to leave will be regarded by some as a chance to escape.

But we can imagine both men letting bygones be bygones once they are members of the same club.

After all, once a fired Raiders coach, always a fired Raiders coach.