NFL Divisional Playoff Weekend prediction thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

NFL Divisional Playoff Weekend prediction thread

Post by doctordestructo »

Saints - OVER 57
Colts - OVER 45
Cowboys - OVER 47
Chargers - UNDER 43
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: NFL Divisional Playoff Weekend prediction thread

Post by UtahRatt »

Haven't spent time on predicting and I'm not sure who to root for, as long as the faggots of Dallas and their legion of fuck head blow hard fans lose it's all good.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by OverMe »

Saints
Cowboys
Colts
Chargers
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

This is the toughest week to call traditionally, also usually the best matchups traditionally.
That said.
Saints.
Ravens.
Chargers.
Cowboys.

The opposite of any those would not surprise me in the least, and this is one week I almost NEVER bet on NFL. The divisional round is usually the best round IMHO for close match ups. Coming out of these games, it's easier to pick the conference championship games and the SuperBowl.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

Like I said in the wild card thread:

Saints over AZ

Baltimore over Colts

Jets over Chargers

Cowboys over Minnesota
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

Yeah baby Saints are marching.
"FUN'S OVER."
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

17-3 at the half! Where is all this rust that people speak of? How come the colts
Aren't getting punched in the mouth? Go colts let's finish em off now!
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

UtahRatt wrote:Haven't spent time on predicting and I'm not sure who to root for, as long as the faggots of Dallas and their legion of fuck head blow hard fans lose it's all good.
It looks like you'll get your wish. Romo seems to have remembered that he's Romo.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

San Diego chokes again. All is right with the world. 8)
Fuck sigs.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

How bout them Jets. This is just great, the Colts will have an easy match up next week and will coast right into the Superbowl. I love it!
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

poizond13 wrote:How bout them Jets. This is just great, the Colts will have an easy match up next week and will coast right into the Superbowl. I love it!
It will be easier than it would have been against San Diego, but that Jets D is pretty damn good. Peyton's gonna spend some time on his ass I'll bet.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

poizond13 wrote:How bout them Jets. This is just great, the Colts will have an easy match up next week and will coast right into the Superbowl. I love it!
I wouldn't be handing them the W just yet, so you may not wanna start crowing just yet...

It's the playoffs and as we have seen, ANY thing can happen..
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Luminiferous wrote:
I wouldn't be handing them the W just yet, so you may not wanna start crowing just yet...

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Luminiferous wrote:

Of course, anything can happen in the playoffs. But if the Colts play like they did yesterday, and I see no reason why they wouldn't, the Jets don't have a chance.

Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

poizond13 wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:

Of course, anything can happen in the playoffs. But if the Colts play like they did yesterday, and I see no reason why they wouldn't, the Jets don't have a chance.
Agree with that, but I said the same thing last weekend when the Ravens destroyed the Patriots..
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Wow, did the Chargers look awful. Stupid penalties, soft play-calling in the clutch, missed field goals, dropped passes and a horrible interception on Rivers - I really can't think of one thing they did right. Holy fuck.

I'm rooting for the Jets now.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

tin00can wrote:Wow, did the Chargers look awful. Stupid penalties, soft play-calling in the clutch, missed field goals, dropped passes and a horrible interception on Rivers - I really can't think of one thing they did right. Holy fuck.

I'm rooting for the Jets now.
There were an awful lot of missed calls vs the Jets as well.

For instance, Cooper gets nailed for a 15 after the play for delivering a head butt, meanwhile, the Jets were getting away with lots of potential penalties.

The most obvious missed call was the helmet to helmet on Tolbert.

While I consider the helmet to helmet rule to be more modern NFL butt pluggery, the rule is the rule, gay as it might be, and Bryan Thomas laid out Tolbert with a painfully obvious helmet to helmet.

As blatant as it was, you wouldn't even have to see it to call it, it was so damn loud, but they obviously saw it, what with it happening in the middle of the field.

You'd almost think the NFL wants the team in the media capital of the universe to succeed, on account of their latino QB and the 100 + million potential customers that may come with it.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Definitely a bad weekend for field goal kickers...talk about choking..
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Luminiferous wrote:
Agree with that, but I said the same thing last weekend when the Ravens destroyed the Patriots..
Well, the Jets will run a similar attack as what the Ravens did yesterday. Blitz and hope to get pressure on manning, and run the ball. Well the Colts stepped up yesterday with stellar pass protection, and they held Ray Rice to 67 yards. And honestly, I was much more worried about RIce than I am about the Jets running attack. I think the Jets will come out blitzing, the Colts will pick it up, and Manning will pick apart the Jets defense. On defense, the Colts will slow down the Jets running game, and force Sanchez to beat them, which he won't. Basically, it will be a repeat of yesterday.

As I said about the Ravens, I feel like the best thing that the Jets can do is pass on first down. The Colts will probably be playing for the run, so if the Jet's can catch them off guard and gain 5-10 yards with a pass on first down, that will be to their advantage. But either way, the Colts will adjust to whatever they're doing and shut them down.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Luminiferous wrote:Definitely a bad weekend for field goal kickers...talk about choking..

Maybe one of these days I'll get my wish and they'll be all but abolished.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Come on Juggs, it's fun to watch those white kickers try to make a tackle sometimes.. :lol:
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Luminiferous wrote:Come on Juggs, it's fun to watch those white kickers try to make a tackle sometimes.. :lol:
It's more enjoyable to watch them get run over.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

tin00can wrote:Wow, did the Chargers look awful. Stupid penalties, soft play-calling in the clutch, missed field goals, dropped passes and a horrible interception on Rivers - I really can't think of one thing they did right. Holy fuck.
If SD could've gotten up by a couple of scores, it would've been over. Can't let the Jets hang around like that. My brother must be going nuts up in Connecticut tonight. 8)
doctordestructo

nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

KEEP ON DESRESPECTING THE JETS LOL

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cinci fans eating crow

Charger fans eating crow

If I were a Colt fan I would try to be a bit humble right now.
doctordestructo

:lol:

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=11837491
Tailgating party leads to vehicle fire in Qualcomm parking lot
Posted: Jan 17, 2010 5:00 PM PST Updated: Jan 17, 2010 6:23 PM PST

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) -- Two vehicles were destroyed by fire Sunday as a tailgating barbecue got out of control in the parking lot of Qualcomm Stadium before the Chargers-Jets game.

A San Diego Fire-Rescue dispatcher said a small barbecue may have been set under one of the vehicles, setting it ablaze.

Fire crews tried to control the fire but the gas tank ruptured and the flames spread to a neighboring car.

Fans were moved out of the area while fire crews doused the flames.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

DUHHHHH Did we win Coach?! Der der der
Fuck sigs.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

Too bad Baltimore didn't win. I would have loved to see one more game at the Meadowlands.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
If SD could've gotten up by a couple of scores, it would've been over. Can't let the Jets hang around like that. My brother must be going nuts up in Connecticut tonight. 8)
They should have. San Diego were awesome defensively in the first half, and got enough yardage of their own to have been up by 14, but I was worried when they only came out 7 points up. That wasn't enough to put Sanchez under real pressure and throw the Jets' game plan into dissaray, and I figured there was still a chance that their defense and/or running game could come up big. Their defense did, and their running got the big play that was always on the cards.

Throw in a bad interception, a freakish interception, a dumb onside kick, too many penalties, and 3 (well okay, 2 -I'll give him a pass from 57) missed kicks, and that's your one and done.

I still don't think the Jets have much chance of getting past Manning AND Favre/Brees, but they earned the chance tonight.
Last edited by demolition23 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:Image

DUHHHHH Did we win Coach?! Der der der
That photo is awesome.

And you're right, Denver fans should celebrate any weekend San Diego loses and the Broncos don't. :)
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!