HOW BOUT THEM COLTS!!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: HOW BOUT THEM COLTS!!!

Post by Luminiferous »

poizond13 wrote:So I was never a Colts fan in the past because I never discussed them here? LOL. I Just LOVE that logic. What other aspects of my life should also be invalidated since I've never discussed them on the metal sludge gossip board? Do you realize how silly that sounds?

Now if I'm a bandwagon fan as some people claim, surely that must mean I don't have much knowledge on the Colts regarding their history and past seasons.
I have no knowledge or proof of how long you have been a fan, unless you're going to throw up some photos of you in 1995 wearing some Colts pajamas or wearing a Colts jersey in the punt, pass and kick contest or something..

But how come you chose THIS year to use a Colts banner in your sig and not back in 2006 when they were winning big and became Superbowl champions?
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Sinderella wrote:Oh no, you don't know who I am, I'm so crushed!
No, I have NEVER discussed the Colts on this board, not sure where I said I did. My point was that all of the sudden your page has a huge Colts sig. Seems a bit like bandwaggon jumping to me. I love your "challenge" of Colts triva-GTFO of here with that shit. Um, this thing called the internet could make me appear to know all kinds of answers OMGZ!!!
I also love how you checked my post history, were you hoping that I would have made an error on stats or players names?
Well you are also just now declaring yourself to be a Colts fan. Why now? Why not talk about them earlier in the season when they weren't favorites?

Clearly you are not actually a Colts fan. Of course, every fan base has it's share of bottom feeders and scumbags, but the Colts have some of the most classy and well-informed fans in the NFL. You clearly don't fit this bill. Either you are not really a Colts fan, or you're just a disgrace to Colts fan everywhere.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Luminiferous wrote:
poizond13 wrote:So I was never a Colts fan in the past because I never discussed them here? LOL. I Just LOVE that logic. What other aspects of my life should also be invalidated since I've never discussed them on the metal sludge gossip board? Do you realize how silly that sounds?

Now if I'm a bandwagon fan as some people claim, surely that must mean I don't have much knowledge on the Colts regarding their history and past seasons.
I have no knowledge or proof of how long you have been a fan, unless you're going to throw up some photos of you in 1995 wearing some Colts pajamas or wearing a Colts jersey in the punt, pass and kick contest or something..

But how come you chose THIS year to use a Colts banner in your sig and not back in 2006 when they were winning big and became Superbowl champions?
Actually I did make mention of the Colts winning it all in 2006. I believe I may have even started a thread about it in the gossip board.

As for me posting about the Colts more regularly now, there's no real reason behind it. I inadvertently entered an NFL related debate in a thread that was located in the main forum. Until then I never really wandered over here to this part of the forum. As I said already, I am a member of the Colts forum, and that's where I normally discuss the Colts. I come here to discuss music related topics, so it never really entered into my mind to discuss the Colts here on a regular basis.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
But....but.....but.....he never saw the need to discuss sports on a music based message board. I mean, never mind that he saw the need to discuss CARS on a music board. Sports were too far removed from music.

LOL
Well I've owned a Corvette since 2004, but i only discussed cars on this site for about one week late last year. I guess by your logic I only owned a Corvette for one week. LOL. Keep it coming.
poizond13 wrote:I've owned it for over a year, and literally the only service it's needed was an oil change. That's it.

No doubt, the Corvette is a car that America can be proud of. It has been, and will continue to be, the best sports car in the world.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

I hope the ceiling collapses and kills the Jets and Colts. That is the only outcome I would enjoy. Not only that, but I have to hear the Favre bullshit about how he's just a kid and a gunslinger and so fucking forth.

GO SAINTS!
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
But....but.....but.....he never saw the need to discuss sports on a music based message board. I mean, never mind that he saw the need to discuss CARS on a music board. Sports were too far removed from music.

LOL
Well I've owned a Corvette since 2004, but i only discussed cars on this site for about one week late last year. I guess by your logic I only owned a Corvette for one week. LOL. Keep it coming.
poizond13 wrote:I've owned it for over a year, and literally the only service it's needed was an oil change. That's it.

No doubt, the Corvette is a car that America can be proud of. It has been, and will continue to be, the best sports car in the world.
I said I owned A Corvette since 2004. Never did I say I owned the 2002 Z06 since 2004. My first vette was an 84, purchased when I was 17. How in the hell would I have been able to afford a 2 year old Z06 at that age? LOL.

Nice try, though.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

I said I owned A Corvette since 2004. Never did I say I owned the 2002 Z06 since 2004. My first vette was an 84, purchased when I was 17. How in the hell would I have been able to afford a 2 year old Z06 at that age? LOL.

Nice try, though.
poizond13 wrote:I've owned plenty of Corvettes. All MINE, purchased by me with my own fucking money.
It seems you're using your "jam packed" dictionary again if you think 2 counts as plenty.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
It seems you're using your "jam packed" dictionary again if you think 2 counts as plenty.
LOL, again with the assumptions. When did I say I only owned 2? My first was an 84. Second was a black 85, purchased in 2006. Third was a red 90 ZR-1. And now finally I am on my fourth. Any more questions, troll?

I find it funny that some troll would try so hard to own me, yet fail so miserably.

JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

chungasrevenge wrote:I hope the ceiling collapses and kills the Jets and Colts. That is the only outcome I would enjoy. Not only that, but I have to hear the Favre bullshit about how he's just a kid and a gunslinger and so fucking forth.

GO SAINTS!
As long as Favre isn't in it, I'm cool.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
LOL, again with the assumptions. When did I say I only owned 2? My first was an 84. Second was a black 85, purchased in 2006. Third was a red 90 ZR-1. And now finally I am on my fourth. Any more questions, troll?

I find it funny that some troll would try so hard to own me, yet fail so miserably.

Little guy, I am not even trying to own; I'm watching you own yourself through your own internet tourette's rage.

Thank you for the additional "details"

So we're to believe you, the beer pong player who wears Harley Davidson clothing, have owned 4 corvettes in 5 years, all paid for by you ?

That's comical. John Lovitz comical.

P.S. It's funny how you cry "troll" the minute you start to realize your own bullshit and stupidity is catching up to you. That being said, I'd like to know exactly how I qualify as a troll.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I always lumped you in with Deathcurse. You guys are long-winded and could be called blowhards, but you're not trolls. If anything, Pee-pee13 is a troll, since he posts blatantly ignorant and obnoxiously "provocative" shit looking for attention.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

Little guy, I am not even trying to own; I'm watching you own yourself through your own internet tourette's rage.

Thank you for the additional "details"

So we're to believe you, the beer pong player who wears Harley Davidson clothing, have owned 4 corvettes in 5 years, all paid for by you ?

That's comical. John Lovitz comical.

P.S. It's funny how you cry "troll" the minute you start to realize your own bullshit and stupidity is catching up to you. That being said, I'd like to know exactly how I qualify as a troll.
I've provided all of the facts. You tried hard to catch me in a lie, but failed. You can believe what you want. The facts have been presented, but I can't force anyone to let go of their denial and believe the facts that are presented to them.

How are you a troll? Well, let's look at the definition of what a troll is:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
If you don't fit this description, then I don't know who does. Clearly you are here to provoke some sort of argument or debate. Your inflammatory comments about me being a bandwagon fan are completely unfounded and false. You've also disrupted this conversation by bringing up off-topic discussions such as cars.

You are a troll. Having said that, I am responsible for stoking the fire by responding to your idiotic comments. That's why I will now revert to my policy of not conversing with trolls. It's just a waste of time.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:I've provided all of the facts. You tried hard to catch me in a lie, but failed. You can believe what you want. The facts have been presented, but I can't force anyone to let go of their denial and believe the facts that are presented to them.
You have ? I see words typed by someone detached from reality on a message board. I am not sure how those can be called "facts".

The same way %70 capacity is jam packed ?

poizond13 wrote:How are you a troll? Well, let's look at the definition of what a troll is:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
poizond13 wrote:If you don't fit this description, then I don't know who does. Clearly you are here to provoke some sort of argument or debate. Your inflammatory comments about me being a bandwagon fan are completely unfounded and false. You've also disrupted this conversation by bringing up off-topic discussions such as cars.

You are a troll. Having said that, I am responsible for stoking the fire by responding to your idiotic comments. That's why I will now revert to my policy of not conversing with trolls. It's just a waste of time.
Again, your self owning never gets tiresome.
poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
DoubleVodkas wrote:Here we go....

What makes a good kicker? Seen Rackers shank one in the play off. Is he in the top bracket?
I have a particular disdain for kickers, in that they should be marginalized as much as possible. That being said, while no kicker is immune and it can happen at any time, Rackers has been around long enough that he shouldn't be shanking kicks of that magnitude, and may face some heat.
DoubleVodkas wrote:Are HOF inductees based solely on stats?
Mostly, yes. Sometimes exceptions can be made, as there really is not set stat barriers.

Stats usually tell a good story, but not the whole story. Terrell Davis is a good example.

Some claim he didn't play long enough, and my point is he played long enough to leave a historical mark.

He really only played 4 years (blew his knee out, never really truly played after that)

In those 4 years, he:

* 3× Pro Bowl selection (1996, 1997, 1998)
* 3× First-team All-Pro selection (1996, 1997, 1998)
* 2× Super Bowl champion (XXXII, XXXIII)
* NFL 1990s All-Decade Team
* 1998 NFL MVP
* 1998 PFWA NFL MVP
* 2× NFL Offensive Player of the Year (1996, 1998)
* 1996 UPI AFL-AFC Player of the Year
* 1997 Super Bowl MVP

He's one of a few backs who've rushed for 2,000 yards. And probably most importantly, he delivered Elway his first Super Bowl after so many failures.

In my opinion, he belongs because he had more of an impact in 4 years than a lot of guys had over 10-15 year period.

DoubleVodkas wrote:Heard the commentators talk about the '40' time. Has this got be low for a receiver?
For the most part, yes. It's not set in stone. Al Davis (Raiders) loves having the fastest team on the planet, but they rarely are any good because his receivers can't run routes or catch.

Now, you can't really have someone who runs a 5.0 40 Yard dash, but anything around the 4.4 - 4.5 range is good.

A huge factor for receivers is quickness, more so than speed. Lots of guys have straight line speed but the really great ones have great lateral quickness and can explode out of their cuts.

Plus, there are a lot of guys who have "game speed"

Jerry Rice and Emmit Smith are two examples of guys didn't score particularly well in their 40 yard dash times, but went on to have amazing careers, arguably the best ever at their respective positions. Someone once said about those two - "they may not have the most impressive stopwatch times, but they run just fast enough that they don't get caught from behind".

DoubleVodkas wrote:I like how Peyton Manning does his no huddle offence on occasions. Is he the best at what he does?
He'd have to be considered the best. He does have some weaknesses in his game, but you certainly wouldn't pass him up if you had a chance to draft him.
DoubleVodkas wrote:Troy Aikman. Cowboy's leading passer. Seen 'America's Game' and he came across as a good guy. Opinions?

Juggernaut....
Aikman seems like a decent enough guy, as much as one can gauge that from watching tv.
Thanks for basically repeating what I already said, aka plagiarizing.
So, someone asked ME for info, to which I responded and had made no comments to you, btw. Since there's no way in hell I typed that reply in 4 minutes then you making an accusation of plagiarism would be a deliberate attempt to post an inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic message with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response and disrupting the normal on-topic discussion.

Congratulations, you're a "troll" !!!!!
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

JakeYonkel wrote:I always lumped you in with Deathcurse. You guys are long-winded and could be called blowhards, but you're not trolls.
That sounds about right.
JakeYonkel wrote:If anything, Pee-pee13 is a troll, since he posts blatantly ignorant and obnoxiously "provocative" shit looking for attention.
Funny, I said something very similar not too long ago.
thejuggernaut wrote:
chickenona wrote:Everybody's got a different definition of a troll, Sammy, but by my definition, if the majority of someone's posts are made for the sole purpose of seeing how much you can rile everyone up, and they're so over the top people can't tell if you're is serious or not, you're a troll.
This.

Two that come to mind are heavymetalzombie and poizond13. They scream "troll" at most everyone but, the reality is, their nonsensical statements and declarations are so detached from any sort of reality that people call them on it, and the threads usually result in a good ole flame war.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

thejuggernaut wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote:If anything, Pee-pee13 is a troll, since he posts blatantly ignorant and obnoxiously "provocative" shit looking for attention.
Plagiarist.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

JakeYonkel wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
Plagiarist.

No, you plagiarized ME.

TROLL !!!!!

*Scampers off to beat off to Bret Michaels and Wiki more Colts' history in case someone challenges my fandom.*
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

THE JETS ARE COMING
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

nycyankee wrote:THE JETS ARE COMING
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1280 ... -celebrate

nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

poizond13 wrote:
Who cares? We all know the Jets will be the underdog next week. I wouldn't be surprised if Vegas favored the colts by 14 points.

Fuck the "experts".

No matter what happens next week, the Jets are set for the future.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

The Jets have one hell of a D, but damn are they boring to watch. I'll be rooting against them just so I don't have to watch a boring Superbowl. Colts vs. Saints or Vikes would be a shootout. Anybody vs NY and it'll be 3 yards and a cloud of dust all day.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

nycyankee wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
Who cares? We all know the Jets will be the underdog next week. I wouldn't be surprised if Vegas favored the colts by 14 points.

Fuck the "experts".

No matter what happens next week, the Jets are set for the future.
Actually they're only favored by 7.5, which makes for a good betting opportunity. And I do agree, what's written and said before the game won't mean anything. What matters is what happens on the field. I just thought it was an interesting article. I don't mean any disrespect, but as a Colts fan, I was pulling for the Jets today, as I think it's a favorable match up for us. But we will see what happens.

nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

bane wrote:The Jets have one hell of a D, but damn are they boring to watch. I'll be rooting against them just so I don't have to watch a boring Superbowl. Colts vs. Saints or Vikes would be a shootout. Anybody vs NY and it'll be 3 yards and a cloud of dust all day.

So "boring" that it was the best game of the weekend. I'd rather watch a very good defensive game than a flag football game. Those blowout games this weekend sucked.
bane

Post by bane »

nycyankee wrote:
bane wrote:The Jets have one hell of a D, but damn are they boring to watch. I'll be rooting against them just so I don't have to watch a boring Superbowl. Colts vs. Saints or Vikes would be a shootout. Anybody vs NY and it'll be 3 yards and a cloud of dust all day.

So "boring" that it was the best game of the weekend. I'd rather watch a very good defensive game than a flag football game. Those blowout games this weekend sucked.
Yeah blowouts suck, but I don't see any of the matchups I listed as being blowouts. I've got nothing against the Jets, I just want to see a good game and NY is typically about as exciting as watching paint dry. Sorry if that gets you NY sensibilities in a twist.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

bane wrote:
nycyankee wrote:

Yeah blowouts suck, but I don't see any of the matchups I listed as being blowouts. I've got nothing against the Jets, I just want to see a good game and NY is typically about as exciting as watching paint dry. Sorry if that gets you NY sensibilities in a twist.
The reason they are not as exciting is because they have a rookie quarterback and rely on the run. When Sanchez gets more experience and gets better, they will stop relying solely on the run and will be a very exciting team to watch. Next season they will get a #1 wide receiver and get rid of Edwards.
Sinderella
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sinderella »

poizond13 wrote:
Sinderella wrote:Oh no, you don't know who I am, I'm so crushed!
No, I have NEVER discussed the Colts on this board, not sure where I said I did. My point was that all of the sudden your page has a huge Colts sig. Seems a bit like bandwaggon jumping to me. I love your "challenge" of Colts triva-GTFO of here with that shit. Um, this thing called the internet could make me appear to know all kinds of answers OMGZ!!!
I also love how you checked my post history, were you hoping that I would have made an error on stats or players names?
Well you are also just now declaring yourself to be a Colts fan. Why now? Why not talk about them earlier in the season when they weren't favorites?

Clearly you are not actually a Colts fan. Of course, every fan base has it's share of bottom feeders and scumbags, but the Colts have some of the most classy and well-informed fans in the NFL. You clearly don't fit this bill. Either you are not really a Colts fan, or you're just a disgrace to Colts fan everywhere.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! You have got to be kidding me! Where do I show that I am a Bottom feeding scum bag? And just how am I disgracing the Colts? Because YOU certainly fit the bill of a "classy" fan. I asked you the same thing, why didnt you rock that sig ALL season long, when the Colts weren't the favorites?

Post by bane »

nycyankee wrote:
The reason they are not as exciting is because they have a rookie quarterback and rely on the run. When Sanchez gets more experience and gets better, they will stop relying solely on the run and will be a very exciting team to watch. Next season they will get a #1 wide receiver and get rid of Edwards.
They've got a great defense, and a damn good O line, and obviously they were good enough to go this far, so they appear to have a bright future. I just want to see a good game on Super Bowl Sunday this year, and I don't think it'll be that exciting if NY is in it.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

poizond13 wrote:They said we couldn't stop the run. They said Peyton Manning would get rattled. They said we would get punched in the mouth. They said we'd be rusty and have no rhythm.

Where are the doubters now? The D played lights out. Peyton Manning got superior protection and, as usual, dismantled the highly regarded Raven defense. I'm sure the Ravens are now riding back to Baltimore in the mayflower trucks provided by the Colts, and I'm sure every Raven fan will weep when the Colts flag flies proudly in Baltimore this week. That will be a great sight!

The rest helped the Colts get healthy, and just as I stated all along, rust was not a factor. This is why 16-0 is a stupid goal. This is why Polian and Coach Caldwell are in charge of the team, because they see the big picture, and they will always do what is best for this team in the long run. They made the courageous decision to rest the starters, and now it is paying off. Hopefully between this game as well as the Saints game earlier today, we can finally put to rest the myths of momentum and the notion that resting players will lead to rust.

ON TO THE NEXT ROUND AND THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!
it doesn't matter...ur not a Colts fan...ur a Chicagoan...and a fair-weather Colts fan
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

HOW BOUT THEM COLTS!!! SUPERBOWL BOUND BABY!!!

nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

Jets lost this game in the last 3 minutes of the 1st half. Had they gone into the half up 17-6(or 21-6 if they had scored a TD instead of FG), they would have won the game. The Colts look frustrated and somewhat defeated prior to that magnificent drive by Manning to end the half. That totally changed the momentum of the game and the Jets were never able to recover from it. The Greene injury was the nail in the coffin. IMHO THE JETS CHOKED LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO (ala 1999 against the Broncos)

Peyton Manning is an incredible football player, had it been any other star QB playing for the Colts, the Jets would be heading to Miami.

I think this game was the superbowl. I don't think any of the NFC teams stand a chance against the Colts, I predict a total blowout in the SB.

P.S Sanchez is the real deal.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

nycyankee wrote:Jets lost this game in the last 3 minutes of the 1st half. Had they gone into the half up 17-6(or 21-6 if they had scored a TD instead of FG), they would have won the game. The Colts look frustrated and somewhat defeated prior to that magnificent drive by Manning to end the half. That totally changed the momentum of the game and the Jets were never able to recover from it. The Greene injury was the nail in the coffin. IMHO THE JETS CHOKE LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO (ala 1999 against the Broncos)

I DID NOT trust Feely kicking a 52 yarder. He missed as I, and probably everyone else (including him) expected and put a little life into a Colt team that looked about ready to roll over. There is an ENORMOUS difference in football between going into the locker room and saying, "We're in trouble here" and "OK, boys we're back in this thing." Rex Ryan allowed the Colts attitude to be the latter.

Still... the Jets made a nice run without their best offensive player, their 2nd best defensive player, and a rookie QB... They are NOT going anywhere for a while.
nycyankee wrote: Peyton Manning is an incredible football player, had it been any other star QB playing for the Colts, the Jets would be heading to Miami.

I think this game was the superbowl. I don't think any of the NFC teams stand a chance against the Colts, I predict a total blowout in the SB.

P.S Sanchez is the real deal.
I think Minny would have given them a game. They can actually play some defense. New Orleans? The Colts may hang 50 on them...