How bout dem cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: How bout dem cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:PS- Before anyone wants to say this year was just a fluke due to Peyton's "niceness" or whatever other excuse you want to use, pleae realize Peyton also earned the most endorsements in the NFL in 2008, 2007, 2006, and 2005. Can't get data any further back than that.

Guess that settles that question.
So now you're turning the discussion away from superstardom to endorsements because you lost that one ?

Aren't you about ready to cry "troll" ?
I think anyone can agree that endorsements are a large part of one's "superstardom." My argument is that Peyton is the biggest star because he earns the most in endorsements and is the most successful player. Your argument is that Brady is the biggest star because he's better looking and sells a few more jerseys. By that logic, maybe we should just crown Cutler as the biggest superstar. He sold more jerseys than Brady and was featured in a prominent "model shoot" this year.

Furthermore, your boy brought up the argument of endorsements as a means to measure superstardom, not me:
Tymaster wrote:This concept goes way over P13's head. Being the "Best" doesn't mean the "biggest." He's far too young to remember the 80's. Dan Marino and Boomer Esiason had more endorsements/than Joe Montano and Phil Simms. Which two won SuperBowls? Which two were considered "hunks?
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

The hilarity is the fact that this debate is taking place on the internet, where it's easy to get a damn good idea.

Google Tom Brady then Google Peyton Manning and see who returns more results.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:PS- Before anyone wants to say this year was just a fluke due to Peyton's "niceness" or whatever other excuse you want to use, pleae realize Peyton also earned the most endorsements in the NFL in 2008, 2007, 2006, and 2005. Can't get data any further back than that.

Guess that settles that question.
So now you're turning the discussion away from superstardom to endorsements because you lost that one ?

Aren't you about ready to cry "troll" ?
I think anyone can agree that endorsements are a large part of one's "superstardom." My argument is that Peyton is the biggest star because he earns the most in endorsements and is the most successful player. Your argument is that Brady is the biggest star because he's better looking and sells a few more jerseys. By that logic, maybe we should just crown Cutler as the biggest superstar. He sold more jerseys than Brady and was featured in a prominent "model shoot" this year.

Furthermore, your boy brought up the argument of endorsements as a means to measure superstardom, not me:
Tymaster wrote:This concept goes way over P13's head. Being the "Best" doesn't mean the "biggest." He's far too young to remember the 80's. Dan Marino and Boomer Esiason had more endorsements/than Joe Montano and Phil Simms. Which two won SuperBowls? Which two were considered "hunks?
No, that's not my argument. My argument is that his looks have helped to make him mainstream ie reaching a bigger fanbase.

That, dear boy, make him a bigger superstar.

There's really no disputing that - if more people know who you are and what you do, you're bigger. Plain and simple.

Manning earns 3 million more in endorsements than Brady. Brady turns down far more than he accepts and he won't take endorsements requiring his uniform.

And, again, appearance fees do not count towards endorsements since they are not an ongoing thing and we all know Manning isn't getting hired to be a cover boy.

P.S. When did Manning become the most successful player ? There are two guys who have more rings than Manning.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

*shudders as all of this fly's over P13's little head*

And, hey, poisonboy, if we go by your logic: aren't Brady and Roethlisberger automatically bigger stars, since they have more rings????

You have a serious comprehension issue.........
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Tymaster wrote:*shudders as all of this fly's over P13's little head*

You have a serious comprehension issue.........
What went over my head? The fact that you claimed that Peyton isn't "marketable," despite the fact that he's been the leading endorsement getter in the NFL for over 5 years?

And by your logic, wouldn't Jay Cutler and Troy Polamalu be bigger stars than Tom Brady since they sell more jerseys?

Clearly this is a subjective matter. You could make a case for Brady OR Manning being the biggest star. But anyone who'd deny that Peyton is one of the game's biggest stars, if not THE biggest star, is in denial. Plain and simple.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
What went over my head? The fact that you claimed that Peyton isn't "marketable," despite the fact that he's been the leading endorsement getter in the NFL for over 5 years?

And by your logic, wouldn't Jay Cutler and Troy Polamalu be bigger stars than Tom Brady since they sell more jerseys?

Clearly this is a subjective matter. You could make a case for Brady OR Manning being the biggest star. But anyone who'd deny that Peyton is one of the game's biggest stars, if not THE biggest star, is in denial. Plain and simple.
NOBODY denied that Manning is ONE OF the biggest stars.

See, now you're doing the same backtracking bullshit you did in the corvette thread.

poizond13 wrote:First off, Corvette is obviously the most well known sports car in the US, probably the world.
poizond13 wrote:It's still probably the most well-known sports car brand across the globe.
poizond13 wrote:It's at least even, hard to say which one is more well-known.
poizond13 wrote:Audi? :lol: Say what you will, in the end Corvette will out-perform the best that all of those companies has to offer, at a fraction of the price. Game, set, match.
In keeping with that, I do find it amusing how you shift your arguments around to fit the objects of your fanboy obsession.
poizond13 wrote:
LeeRatbag wrote:
Fuck no. They're no more than a cult thing in the rest of the world. Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Lotus are all better known in the rest of the world. Even if we're talking cheap sports cars, the Japanese stuff (Toyota MR2, Mazda RX7) do much better.
It's still probably the most well-known sports car brand across the globe. If you say the word Corvette, people know what you're talking about anywhere in the world. I didn't say it was the best selling sports car across the world. Europeans probably think they are too sophisticated to drive them. Which is fine, since Corvettes routinely out-perform their cars.
So, when it comes to Corvettes, the measure of its fame is merely saying the name and people knowing it, regardless of units or merch sold.

But because Tom Brady makes (by choice) a mere $3 million less than Manning in endorsements, he's not as famous despite despite the fact that more people know who he is and more people are interested in him ?

Now, before you vanish, don't forget to do it.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Tymaster wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Manning is the biggest superstar. Favre is still a big star, but no longer is he the Superstar that Manning is.
No, he's not. Maybe to Colts fans and people the Indiana region.
True. Sorry P13. Manning isn't a marketable cat. Favre, Romo, and even Vick sell more jerseys than Manning. Outside of IN, Manning isn't a hot commercial property.
By this statement is sure seems like someone is claiming that Manning isn't one of the biggest superstars in the league.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

NOBODY denied that Manning is ONE OF the biggest stars.

See, now you're doing the same backtracking bullshit you did in the corvette thread.

poizond13 wrote:First off, Corvette is obviously the most well known sports car in the US, probably the world.
poizond13 wrote:It's still probably the most well-known sports car brand across the globe.
poizond13 wrote:It's at least even, hard to say which one is more well-known.
poizond13 wrote:Audi? :lol: Say what you will, in the end Corvette will out-perform the best that all of those companies has to offer, at a fraction of the price. Game, set, match.
In keeping with that, I do find it amusing how you shift your arguments around to fit the objects of your fanboy obsession.
poizond13 wrote:
LeeRatbag wrote:
Fuck no. They're no more than a cult thing in the rest of the world. Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Lotus are all better known in the rest of the world. Even if we're talking cheap sports cars, the Japanese stuff (Toyota MR2, Mazda RX7) do much better.
It's still probably the most well-known sports car brand across the globe. If you say the word Corvette, people know what you're talking about anywhere in the world. I didn't say it was the best selling sports car across the world. Europeans probably think they are too sophisticated to drive them. Which is fine, since Corvettes routinely out-perform their cars.
So, when it comes to Corvettes, the measure of its fame is merely saying the name and people knowing it, regardless of units or merch sold.

But because Tom Brady makes (by choice) a mere $3 million less than Manning in endorsements, he's not as famous despite despite the fact that more people know who he is and more people are interested in him ?

Now, before you vanish, don't forget to do it.
So now you're comparing Corvettes and car sales to NFL players? Christ, you've really lost it now.

And I'd love to see your proof that more people know Brady.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
Tymaster wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Manning is the biggest superstar. Favre is still a big star, but no longer is he the Superstar that Manning is.

True. Sorry P13. Manning isn't a marketable cat. Favre, Romo, and even Vick sell more jerseys than Manning. Outside of IN, Manning isn't a hot commercial property.
By this statement is sure seems like someone is claiming that Manning isn't one of the biggest superstars in the league.
There you go again with your backtracking garbage. First it was THE biggest superstar, now it's ONE OF. I certainly have never claimed he wasn't ONE OF the biggest superstars.

How many endorsements does Manning have that AREN'T tied to football ?
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
There you go again with your backtracking garbage. First it was THE biggest superstar, now it's ONE OF. I certainly have never claimed he wasn't ONE OF the biggest superstars.

How many endorsements does Manning have that AREN'T tied to football ?
You stated that NOBODY claimed Manning wasn't one of the biggest superstars. Well, clearly your boy WAS making that claim, as I pointed out.

Now I still hold strong to my opinion that Peyton is the biggest Superstar in the league, so I don't know where you're getting this back pedaling thing from. If you disagree, that's fine, but I'm not gonna continue to argue over something that can't be proven.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
So now you're comparing Corvettes and car sales to NFL players? Christ, you've really lost it now.

And I'd love to see your proof that more people know Brady.
Your attempts to weasel and backtrack out of your statements are rivaled only by the stupidity of the things you say in the first place.

Fame is fame, faggot. Be it inanimate objects or people, if it's know by more people, it's more famous, person or object.

But, you know this already, otherwise you wouldn't have immediately asked for proof that Brady is known by more people.

There is plenty of proof.

For starters, Google each of them and see who gets more hits.

Now, we can rule out football fans, because we can easily say every football fan knows who they both are.

So, that leaves the mainstream world. And what we know about the mainstream world is Manning sells cookies to kids and Tom Brady, who turns down most endorsement offers, appears all over the place with his supermodel wife, he does photoshoots and interviews for non sports magazines and none of his endorsements have to do with football.

In other words, Brady reaches more non football fans.

And again, lest we forget Brady is popular among the ladies.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:You stated that NOBODY claimed Manning wasn't one of the biggest superstars. Well, clearly your boy WAS making that claim, as I pointed out.
Seems to me he was pointing out others who are BIGGER superstars, in response to your ORIGINAL claim that Manning is the biggest. I am not sure how pointing out how others are bigger = he is not one of the biggest. More fuzzy P13 English I guess.
poizond13 wrote:Now I still hold strong to my opinion that Peyton is the biggest Superstar in the league, so I don't know where you're getting this back pedaling thing from.
I am guessing from you going back and forth between that and "one of the biggest..".
poizond13 wrote:If you disagree, that's fine, but I'm not gonna continue to argue over something that can't be proven.
LOL

So in other words, you're being a fanboy who is saying nonsensical things based on personal bias and when having evidence to the contrary pointed out to you, you back away.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:While I agree there is something "odd" about the officiating in the NFL, there's no way the NFL would want the Jets in the Superbowl. They're a low scoring team that wins games by running and playing defense. Having them in the Superbowl will not make for an exciting game. Of course, they do play in the largest market in the country, but I don't think the rest of the country will have much interest in seeing the Jets make the SB. Not many people care that Favre played for the Jets for one season. Not like there's any animosity between Favre and the Jets.

I would think the NFL would want a high scoring, exciting game in the SB. On top of that, some of the NFL's highest rated games in the past five years have featured the Colts. They are a pretty big draw.
No, if things were fixed the NFL would want the largest television markets represented and a team from New York would be there every year. The top markets are:
NY
LA
Chi
Phi
SF/Oak
Dal
Bos
DC

So since there is no team in LA their first choice would be Jets vs Bears or Giants vs Raiders. One of the best Superbowls recently in terms of television markets would have been Giants vs Patriots (Market #1 vs Market #7).

Out of the teams left in the playoffs the best matchup in terms of potential television ratings would be Jets vs Vikings because it would be Market #1 vs Favre(whom they could sell the shit out of). In terms of an entertaining game the best matchup left would be Saints vs Colts, but if it is strictly looked at in terms of ratings the NFL would want NY vs Minn.
Disagree there. While conventional wisdom would tell you that the highest rated games are between big market teams, there are exceptions. Overall, I'd think the NFL would rather have a compelling match up in the Superbowl, rather than a bland match up between big markets. Ideally, you'd want a compelling match up between two big market teams. But the Jets aren't a fun team to watch. Casual fans are not going to be interested in the game. Peyton Manning is the the biggest superstar in the league, and in many ways is the face of the league. No way would they want a boring team with an unknown rookie QB in the game over the Colts. Take a look at this link, which shows that the Colts VS Pats match up in 2007 was the highest rated regular season NFL game in 20 years:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sport ... 00_00.html

So that tells you that a small market team like the Colts can command high ratings nationwide. Favre VS Manning is a pretty compelling storyline, one that the league I would imagine is pulling for.
Everybody wants to talk to Buddy Ryan this week, and it's easy to guess why. His son Rex, rookie head coach of the upstart New York Jets, is the talk of the NFL playoffs. And with apologies to Brett Favre and the entire city of New Orleans, Rex's Jets are the best story going. We do love underdogs in America. Especially ones who can't for the life of them figure out why everyone considers them underdogs to begin with.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... z0dM0bN1S7
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

I don't think market size plays nearly as much of a role in the superbowl. Everybody watches it regardless of who's in it, so a good game trumps market share. It's not like MLB or the NBA with a multiple game format. It's one game that has become something of a national holiday.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:The NFL's number one priority for the Superbowl is ratings. The Jets do not equal ratings. Yes, the Superbowl is going to get good ratings no matter who is playing, but that doesn't mean they don't want the match up that will yield the highest ratings. Having a big market team doesn't factor into that much.
Owned yet AGAIN, you clueless faggot.

Sunday's Cowboys-Vikings game attracted 37.7 million viewers, the most-watched program on television since last February's Super Bowl

Jets-Chargers later Sunday drew 35.6 million, followed by the Saturday night game between the Ravens and Colts at 30.6 million. Cardinals-Saints brought an audience of 27.9 million.
AcillateM
Drunken Beaner

Post by AcillateM »

Somebody please tell me Tony Homo isnt Mexican!!?! :lol:
Landshark2000 wrote:
Mexicans don't swoon. They go "¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Epa¡ ¡Epa! ¡Epa! Yeehaw!"
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

AcillateM wrote:Somebody please tell me Tony Homo isnt Mexican!!?! :lol:
Part.

Makes sense why Jerry Jones built that massive stadium, what with all the border hoppers hanging around Texas.

The hilarious part is this >

poizond13 wrote: Furthermore, Sanchez is hispanic, but you certainly wouldn't know it by looking at him or talking to him. If his name weren't Sanchez, you'd have no idea. So I doubt hispanics are going to relate much to him.

If his name was Donald McGee you'd know there was Hispanic blood in him.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

An article thoroughly debunking the theory that the NFL or CBS would want the Jets in the Superbowl:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=y ... &type=lgns

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:An article thoroughly debunking the theory that the NFL or CBS would want the Jets in the Superbowl:

LOL

So one guy has an opinion and it's debunked ? You really need a new dictionary.

I guess he didn't check last week's numbers and see that the Jets outperformed the Colts in the ratings game.

By the way, this article has to do with CBS, not what the NFL wants. The NFL isn't even mentioned. I don't remember saying anything about what the networks would like.

Perhaps you really are this stupid, but in case you are just lying, a little lesson for you - don't lie about the contents of an article then post the article for people to see your lie.

I must admit, this is one of your more impressive failures.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:An article thoroughly debunking the theory that the NFL or CBS would want the Jets in the Superbowl:

LOL

So one guy has an opinion and it's debunked ?

Exactly. That one guy is the former president of CBS Sports. Sorry, but I'll trust his opinion over that of some mindless internet troll who like to pretend he knows what he's talking about.

By the way, this article has to do with CBS, not what the NFL wants. The NFL isn't even mentioned. I don't remember saying anything about what the networks would like.

[/quote]

Right, because higher ratings would be a bad thing for the NFL.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:Exactly. That one guy is the former president of CBS Sports.
Good for him. He knows what his former network wants. Too bad he's not on the NFL's payroll.
poizond13 wrote:Sorry, but I'll trust his opinion over that of some mindless internet troll who like to pretend he knows what he's talking about.
Even your own, troll ?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=218255
poizond13 wrote:Right, because higher ratings would be a bad thing for the NFL.
How much of Mexico does Nielsen cover ?