Conference Championship Games thread and predictions...

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Re: Conference Championship Games thread and predictions...

Post by nycyankee »

poizond13 wrote:
nycyankee wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Wow, the Saints just backed into the Superbowl by pure luck. They got dominated by the Vikes and should have lost. Oh well, easy victory for the Colts.

Early line is Colts -5.
only 5?? It should be 20, Saints have absolutely no chance.
Yeah, I'm putting my bet in now before it goes up.

You don't get freebies like this very often. Bet a lot of money.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

nycyankee wrote:

I'm parlaying all of my winnings from the Colts last two victories into this one. The payout will be decent, so I'll not only be celebrating a Colts World Championship, but also some nice personal winnings.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

Weather report out of New Orleans...

Strong Brees sinks Viking ship!

Hey, Monsters_Of_Rock...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

poizond13 wrote:Wow, the Saints just backed into the Superbowl by pure luck.
Typical nub. So creating interceptions and fumbles is luck? The Saints have one of the best T/O margins for a reason and it ain't fucking luck.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Who is that? Who is that?

Who is that saying that they might defeat those Saints?

Who is that? Who is that?

(White boy version patent pending 2010)

(Also: Peyton Manning is a fag)
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

UtahRatt wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Wow, the Saints just backed into the Superbowl by pure luck.
Typical nub. So creating interceptions and fumbles is luck? The Saints have one of the best T/O margins for a reason and it ain't fucking luck.
Did you even watch the game? Was the botched exchange between Favre and Peterson on the 5 yard line a forced fumble? None of the fumbles were caused by great hits. It was just careless ball handling by the Vikes, plain and simple.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

Post by Monsters_of_Rock »

St_Augustines_Pears wrote:Weather report out of New Orleans...

Nevermind all those fumbles, nevermind the lack of protection from the o-line, nevermind the 12th man in the huddle that resulted in a penalty that took them out of FG range, let's blame it all on that one interception because it's trendy to hate Favre. :roll:

Sarcasm aside, I don't think anybody can objectively say that Favre played any worse today than pretty-boy media darling Tom Brady played against Baltimore two weeks ago.
"We're gonna score 17? OK!!! What is Plaxico playing defense now?"
--Tom Brady
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
St_Augustines_Pears wrote:Weather report out of New Orleans...

Nevermind all those fumbles, nevermind the lack of protection from the o-line, nevermind the 12th man in the huddle that resulted in a penalty that took them out of FG range, let's blame it all on that one interception because it's trendy to hate Favre. :roll:

Sarcasm aside, I don't think anybody can objectively say that Favre played any worse today than pretty-boy media darling Tom Brady played against Baltimore two weeks ago.
Favre played a great game with the exception of two plays. Can't even compare to Brady's horrific performance. If Brady were playing that game today, the score would've been 31-10, not 31-28.

The Dolly Llama
Forming a Band

Post by The Dolly Llama »

poizond13 wrote:
nycyankee wrote:

I'm parlaying all of my winnings from the Colts last two victories into this one. The payout will be decent, so I'll not only be celebrating a Colts World Championship, but also some nice personal winnings.
Wow you're a bit overconfident, dont ya think? How can you be so sure its gonna be a "easy" win for the Colts? You cant deny the Saints have an explosive offense. The SB could very well be a shootout in which case it may come down to whoever has the ball last.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

poizond13 wrote: Did you even watch the game? Was the botched exchange between Favre and Peterson on the 5 yard line a forced fumble? None of the fumbles were caused by great hits.
God you're a fucking tool, NONE? Did You even watch the game? Did you not see berrian trying to fight for yardage when a saint who was on his fucking back punched the ball loose?

Never tell someone they nothing about football again, and never ask anyone if they watched "the game" again because it's obvious you just caught a 60 second highlight reel on the net.

breaking news for You
purposley punching the ball loose to cause a fumble= great fucking hit.
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by OverMe »

poizond13 wrote:Wow, the Saints just backed into the Superbowl by pure luck. They got dominated by the Vikes and should have lost. Oh well, easy victory for the Colts.

Early line is Colts -5.
If by pure luck you mean Bert Favor throwing another int instead of running it a few yards to set up a fg then yes
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

poizond13 wrote:Favre played a great game with the exception of two plays.

2 INT's and 1 Fumble with a rating of 70.7 does not = great game

BUT HE THREW FOR A LOT OF YARDS!

Favre's last two NFC Championship Games.

2007 vs. NYG - Passer rating 70.7 - Last pass INT - L, 23-20 (OT)
2009 vs. NO - Passer rating 70.0 - Last pass INT - L, 31-28 (OT)

Pee13, you're a toddler when it comes to sports.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs_CQPdaMps

hey P13, I take it you missed this one as well, no?

sure looked like the hit cause the fumble.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

dtmfs wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs_CQPdaMps

hey P13, I take it you missed this one as well, no?

sure looked like the hit cause the fumble.
Wow, you are an idiot. Let me repeat myself. NONE OF THE FUMBLES WERE CAUSED BY GREAT HITS. The vid you just posted is proof of that. That was a routine hit that should never have caused a fumble. If Harvin had a good grip on the ball, it wouldn't have been a fumble, plain and fucking simple. See if you can show me a vid where a great hit caused a fumble in this game, cause I sure didn't see one.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

UtahRatt wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Favre played a great game with the exception of two plays.

2 INT's and 1 Fumble with a rating of 70.7 does not = great game

BUT HE THREW FOR A LOT OF YARDS!

Favre's last two NFC Championship Games.

2007 vs. NYG - Passer rating 70.7 - Last pass INT - L, 23-20 (OT)
2009 vs. NO - Passer rating 70.0 - Last pass INT - L, 31-28 (OT)

Pee13, you're a toddler when it comes to sports.
Christ, you really know nothing about football. I'll ask again, did you watch the game? The only reason the Vikes were even in the game was Favre. The fumble that was credited to him was not his fault at all, it was a routine handoff that was botched by Peterson. Favre took a fucking beating all game, he was hit over 15 times, yet he came back every time and made some phenomenal throws. The last throw was a mistake obviously, but I've never seen one quarterback who's perfect and never makes mistakes. Peyton Manning is about as close to that as you'll get, and even he will make a bad decision every now and then. You can't knock Favre for throwing a pick when he's the one who got them that far in the first place.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

dtmfs wrote:
poizond13 wrote: Did you even watch the game? Was the botched exchange between Favre and Peterson on the 5 yard line a forced fumble? None of the fumbles were caused by great hits.
God you're a fucking tool, NONE? Did You even watch the game? Did you not see berrian trying to fight for yardage when a saint who was on his fucking back punched the ball loose?

Never tell someone they nothing about football again, and never ask anyone if they watched "the game" again because it's obvious you just caught a 60 second highlight reel on the net.

breaking news for You
purposley punching the ball loose to cause a fumble= great fucking hit.
Hey look, it's the guy who said the Colts made the wrong decision by resting starters. :lol: :lol:

How's that decision working out for the Colts? :lol: Last I checked, that decision led to them being rested and HEALTHY, and having an easy matchup in the AFCCG. Now they have a very good chance at becoming WORLD CHAMPIONS. That's why the people who built the team should make the decisions, and idiots like you should sit at home and keep your fucking mouth shut.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

The Dolly Llama wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
nycyankee wrote:

Wow you're a bit overconfident, dont ya think? How can you be so sure its gonna be a "easy" win for the Colts? You cant deny the Saints have an explosive offense. The SB could very well be a shootout in which case it may come down to whoever has the ball last.
The Aints have a decent offense, but the Colts match up well against them. Defensively, the Aints don't have a hope in hell of slowing down Peyton Manning. No team has done it all year, and I see no reason why the Aints would, seeing as how they got lit up by the Vikings, and have been suspect against the pass all year.

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

poizond13 wrote: Wow, you are an idiot. Let me repeat myself. NONE OF THE FUMBLES WERE CAUSED BY GREAT HITS. The vid you just posted is proof of that. That was a routine hit that should never have caused a fumble. If Harvin had a good grip on the ball, it wouldn't have been a fumble, plain and fucking simple. See if you can show me a vid where a great hit caused a fumble in this game, cause I sure didn't see one.
Oh I see so when a player purposley punches the ball away from a player causing a fumble that's not a great hit?

or when a player pulls the runners arm off the ball causing him to fumble, this isent great either. Oh I see You're saying it's not great unless it's a vicious hit? wait, WTF are you saying? Oh, that's right you think Favre who had 3 turnovers including the biggest bonehead play of the entire game didn't cause his team to lose. just more proof you're retarded.
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by OverMe »

Favre on the ground, Favre on the ground, looking like a victory with Favre on the ground...helmet turned sideways, turf in his mouth, looking like a victory with Favre on the ground!! Acting like a quarter back, lookin like a foo! Favre on the ground! WHO DAT!!!!!!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

poizond13 wrote:That's why the people who built the team should make the decisions, and idiots like you should sit at home and keep your fucking mouth shut.

Quick! Go look into a mirror!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

poizond13 wrote:the Aints don't have a hope in hell of slowing down Peyton Manning. No team has done it all year
Bills 30 Colt 7
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

UtahRatt wrote:
poizond13 wrote:the Aints don't have a hope in hell of slowing down Peyton Manning. No team has done it all year
Bills 30 Colt 7
Clearly you are a guy that looks at scores yet watches no football games. How many series' did Peyton play in that one again?

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

dtmfs wrote:
poizond13 wrote: Wow, you are an idiot. Let me repeat myself. NONE OF THE FUMBLES WERE CAUSED BY GREAT HITS. The vid you just posted is proof of that. That was a routine hit that should never have caused a fumble. If Harvin had a good grip on the ball, it wouldn't have been a fumble, plain and fucking simple. See if you can show me a vid where a great hit caused a fumble in this game, cause I sure didn't see one.
Oh I see so when a player purposley punches the ball away from a player causing a fumble that's not a great hit?

or when a player pulls the runners arm off the ball causing him to fumble, this isent great either. Oh I see You're saying it's not great unless it's a vicious hit? wait, WTF are you saying? Oh, that's right you think Favre who had 3 turnovers including the biggest bonehead play of the entire game didn't cause his team to lose. just more proof you're retarded.
None of them were great hits. They were heads-up plays that any good defense practices regularly. On any given hit, you have players going for the ball, trying to punch it out, etc. The Vikes are well aware that this happens on almost every play. If the ball was secured well, it wouldn't have been an issue.

As for Favre, technically he has 3 turnovers credited to him, but if you actually watched the game you'd know that the fumble was a botched handoff to Peterson, which was clearly Peterson's fault. The fumble is credited to Favre because that's how the rule works, but clearly it was Peterson who mishandled the ball. Then again, if you watched the game, you'd know that.

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

poizond13 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
Bills 30 Colt 7
Clearly you are a guy that looks at scores yet watches no football games. How many series' did Peyton play in that one again?
Enough to toss a pick. Maybe you should stop talking in absolutes.

Bills 30 Colts 7
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

UtahRatt wrote:

So Peyton plays for less than a quarter in a blizzard, throws one pick, and that constitutes as "stopping him?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

poizond13 wrote:The fumble is credited to Favre because that's how the rule works, but clearly it was Peterson who mishandled the ball. Then again, if you watched the game, you'd know that.

Hey noob, the QB is supposed to stuff it in the basket! Even with Petersons arms half close the ball should be pounded in his fucking gut. If you ever played you would know this.

poizond13 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

So Peyton plays for less than a quarter in a blizzard, throws one pick, and that constitutes as "stopping him?"

Sure the fuck does, are you saying they didn't?

Do I need to quote your words and the score again?
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

UtahRatt wrote:
poizond13 wrote:The fumble is credited to Favre because that's how the rule works, but clearly it was Peterson who mishandled the ball. Then again, if you watched the game, you'd know that.

Hey noob, the QB is supposed to stuff it in the basket! Even with Petersons arms half close the ball should be pounded in his fucking gut. If you ever played you would know this.

poizond13 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Sure the fuck does, are you saying they didn't?

Do I need to quote your words and the score again?
I'd love to see my words where I stated that Manning hasn't thrown a pick all year. Pretty sure I never said that. And yes, I'm saying that Manning playing one quarter in a blizzard in a meaningless game, and going 14-18 for almost 100 yards, isn't considered a "stop." I will say it again, no team has stopped manning all year.

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

poizond13 wrote: None of them were great hits
Yes, We get it, Forcing fumbles is never a great thing, except without the numerous FF's is the game the saints don't even sniff the super bowl. You're a regular freak when it comes to football knowledge. Go look at the points off turnovers difference and tell me again that it wasent a great play.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

UtahRatt wrote:

Watch the replay you fucking idiot. Clearly you didn't watch the game or you'd know that Favre placed the ball right at his stomach, Peterson simply was not ready for it, plain and simple. Not Favre's fault.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

dtmfs wrote:
poizond13 wrote: None of them were great hits
Yes, We get it, Forcing fumbles is never a great thing, except without the numerous FF's is the game the saints don't even sniff the super bowl. You're a regular freak when it comes to football knowledge. Go look at the points off turnovers difference and tell me again that it wasent a great play.
Not great plays, lucky plays. Careless errors on the Vikings part was what caused most of the fumbles. Are you honestly trying to tell me that, had the Vikes properly secured the ball, they still would've been fumbles?