Conference Championship Games thread and predictions...

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Conference Championship Games thread and predictions...

Post by Tymaster »

thejuggernaut wrote:
Sabu wrote:
WTF wrote:I fucking hate the Jets, but Revis a beast. I don't think I remember a shut-down CB like him since Deion.
The difference between Deion and Revis right now is, teams actually throw at Revis. I believe he was 3rd in the league in passes defended. When Deion was out there, QB's didn't even bother to look over there.

They have a different style too. Deion would give the huge cushion because of that explosiveness he had to break on the ball. Whereas Revis just blankets the receiver.

He's obviously got to do it a little longer, but if he continues to do what he's doing against teams #1's, he could very well go down as the best ever. The numbers are just mind boggling as to what he's doing.

That, and people really didn't want to put the ball in Deion's hands.
Deion was fierce in coverage, but if you did catch on him, his tackling skills left a lot to be desired....
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Tymaster wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
Sabu wrote:
The difference between Deion and Revis right now is, teams actually throw at Revis. I believe he was 3rd in the league in passes defended. When Deion was out there, QB's didn't even bother to look over there.

They have a different style too. Deion would give the huge cushion because of that explosiveness he had to break on the ball. Whereas Revis just blankets the receiver.

He's obviously got to do it a little longer, but if he continues to do what he's doing against teams #1's, he could very well go down as the best ever. The numbers are just mind boggling as to what he's doing.

That, and people really didn't want to put the ball in Deion's hands.
Deion was fierce in coverage, but if you did catch on him, his tackling skills left a lot to be desired....

The goal wasn't to catch ON him - the trick was catch in his cushion and then turn and run at him. It was fun watching him play matador.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Yes, to the above thread. That was comedy gold.
As a Browns fan for whatever reason this thread made me remember Andre Rison's famous "statue play." I can't even remember who we were playing. But it was before the word got out that the Browns were leaving, and remember in 1995, the Browns were coming off a playoff win season in 1994 and looking to build on that. Rison was supposed to "complete the offense." At any rate, Vinny threw a pass for Rison, it got picked, and Andre didn't move. Didn't try to get the ball. Didn't try to tackle. Didn't chase the man that got the pick. He just stood there. Never, ever saw a receiver do that to his team before or since.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Rex Ryan cannot stop or even slow down Peyton Manning and the Colts offense. This much has been proven over the past few years. It's gonna be a bloodbath this weekend. The Jets and their loudmouth, punk-ass players are gonna get exposed as a team that does not belong in the playoffs, much less the AFCCG.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Tymaster wrote:Yes, to the above thread. That was comedy gold.
As a Browns fan for whatever reason this thread made me remember Andre Rison's famous "statue play." I can't even remember who we were playing. But it was before the word got out that the Browns were leaving, and remember in 1995, the Browns were coming off a playoff win season in 1994 and looking to build on that. Rison was supposed to "complete the offense." At any rate, Vinny threw a pass for Rison, it got picked, and Andre didn't move. Didn't try to get the ball. Didn't try to tackle. Didn't chase the man that got the pick. He just stood there. Never, ever saw a receiver do that to his team before or since.
Ahhh.

Good Old Rison.

I remember fondly the days when he was an upcoming superstar.

Then, he left and aside from his pit stop in GB, never amounted to anything.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

thejuggernaut wrote:
Tymaster wrote:Yes, to the above thread. That was comedy gold.
Ahhh.

Good Old Rison.

I remember fondly the days when he was an upcoming superstar.

Then, he left and aside from his pit stop in GB, never amounted to anything.
Modell broke the bank on that ass hat. He's not really hated in Cleveland though, b/c he was such a mere blimp in the history.
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

thejuggernaut wrote:
The goal wasn't to catch ON him - the trick was catch in his cushion and then turn and run at him. It was fun watching him play matador.
Yep, he was an outstanding matador.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

P13 is a tard if he thinks the Jets suck, They're only with one weakness, and the way sanchez is being hyped you wouldnt even think it. Its funny that I havent seen P13 mention the fact the Jets biggest problem will be a rookie QB having Robert Mathis and Dwight fucking Freeny fucking his shit up on 3rd and long. But then again, I think P13 is the kind of football fan that called the ravens boring when they didnt score thirty points a game

Im still taking the colts becuase I think they will get up late in the game and the jets wont be able to play catch up.

As for the Saints and Vikes, I have never been this excited for an NFC Championship, with the exception of Hawks/panthers, since I started watching ball.I think they are both the two most Talented teams in the NFL. Gunna be a barn burner
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

KillDevilHill wrote:P13 is a tard if he thinks the Jets suck, They're only with one weakness, and the way sanchez is being hyped you wouldnt even think it. Its funny that I havent seen P13 mention the fact the Jets biggest problem will be a rookie QB having Robert Mathis and Dwight fucking Freeny fucking his shit up on 3rd and long. But then again, I think P13 is the kind of football fan that called the ravens boring when they didnt score thirty points a game

Im still taking the colts becuase I think they will get up late in the game and the jets wont be able to play catch up.

As for the Saints and Vikes, I have never been this excited for an NFC Championship, with the exception of Hawks/panthers, since I started watching ball.I think they are both the two most Talented teams in the NFL. Gunna be a barn burner
P13 has no concept of defense.

He's never played real football.

He thinks real life football is the same as EA Sports football.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
KillDevilHill wrote:P13 is a tard if he thinks the Jets suck, They're only with one weakness, and the way sanchez is being hyped you wouldnt even think it. Its funny that I havent seen P13 mention the fact the Jets biggest problem will be a rookie QB having Robert Mathis and Dwight fucking Freeny fucking his shit up on 3rd and long. But then again, I think P13 is the kind of football fan that called the ravens boring when they didnt score thirty points a game

Keep spouting off about issues you know nothing about and are completely wrong about, AKA TROLLING.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

Keep spouting off about issues you know nothing about and are completely wrong about,
That's an ISSUE ? You have never played. You're built like a bulimic skank.
poizond13 wrote:AKA TROLLING.
poizond13 wrote:Guess we won't be hearing from THE JUGGERNAUT for a long time.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=218255
sounds like fun
Playing in a Garage

Post by sounds like fun »

Crazy Levi wrote:I have to go with Saints and Colts

Saints are just too goddamn good. Bush made some insane plays on Saturday - Seems like AP hasn't done shit this year for the Vikes. Brett won't be able to win this game all by himself, and you can't help but wonder when the REAL Brett will show up and start chucking INTs.

It's about time Bush showed up to play. Only took a whole season.

Brett doesn't need to win all by himself. The Vikings have slight edge at every single skill position on both offense and defense. Home field will help keep it close, but the Vikings pull away at the end and win by 9.
TheImpaler9
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by TheImpaler9 »

The only team I don't want to win is the Vikings. If they win this will be the first Super Bowl in 20 years I will not watch. I just can't take the announcers having Favre's cock firmly in their mouths. Add the fact I am from North Dakota and we get Minnesota jammed down are throats...i am getting sick already.
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

FUCKING SAINTS.

They win and I go to New Orleans for SB weekend, I get a bartending shift at my old bar for the game, I make $300 in 2 hours...then IF the Saints the big game...fuck man, that party is going to be insane.

Also, fuck Favre. I cannot tolerate anymore nutswinging. I hope the Saints can put that fucker out of commission forever.
"FUN'S OVER."
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

Post by Monsters_of_Rock »

In the AFC the Colts should dominate the Jets, while the NFC is much tougher to pick. I believe that both Favre and Brees will be productive no matter who wins, but the factor that decides the game will be Adrian Peterson. I think the Saints will win if they can hold him to fewer than 100 yards, but if he goes over 100 the Vikings will win.
"We're gonna score 17? OK!!! What is Plaxico playing defense now?"
--Tom Brady
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Jets have a great defense and some good running and Revis is a freak.

But despite all that, they only put 17 on the Chargers, were locked down pretty well for most of the game, and a couple of kickable field-goals would (should) have reversed the result. Assuming the Colts don't shit the bed, they should win, and win handily.

Saints/Vikings? Some of you will be right, and some of you will be wrong in your picks, but I don't think any of you have a convincing argument either way right now. Too close to call with any confidence, but I'm going to say Vikings and hope Saints...

As a side-note, never has a rabid fan turned me so quickly against a team (and one I actually have always quite liked) faster than P13 has with his childish bleating. It was better when his trolling was kept to the main board.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

demolition23 wrote:Jets have a great defense and some good running and Revis is a freak.

But despite all that, they only put 17 on the Chargers, were locked down pretty well for most of the game, and a couple of kickable field-goals would (should) have reversed the result. Assuming the Colts don't shit the bed, they should win, and win handily.

Saints/Vikings? Some of you will be right, and some of you will be wrong in your picks, but I don't think any of you have a convincing argument either way right now. Too close to call with any confidence, but I'm going to say Vikings and hope Saints...

As a side-note, never has a rabid fan turned me so quickly against a team (and one I actually have always quite liked) faster than P13 has with his childish bleating. It was better when his trolling was kept to the main board.

Well then, you might want to REALLY hope for the Saints because Monsters Of Rock is a 40 year old version of P13, except he's a Favre ballwasher.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Today would be a great day for one of Favre's classic 4+ INT melt downs. Pick-6, baby!
sounds like fun
Playing in a Garage

Post by sounds like fun »

The Vikings have the edge at every skill position, it's simply a matter of which team Childress has brought to play. If last weeks Vikings show, there is no way the saints can run with them. The Cardinals game was a fluke. They gave up on the flight to N.O. Three starters out on the O line didn't help.

Vikings by 9.
doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by doctordestructo »

Vikings and Colts... the "Powers That Be" will get the Favre vs Manning matchup they've been wanking off to.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Today would be a great day for one of Favre's classic 4+ INT melt downs. Pick-6, baby!
As a huge Percy Harvin fan, my preference would be to see the Vikings win, but damnit if that wouldn't be funny to see.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Wow. Favre had his team pretty much in field goal range with about 30 seconds to go. A penalty and then a patented gunslinger INT that damn near turned into a pick-6.

Pretty cool for a Conference Championship game to go into OT.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

3rd and 3 on the 22 in OT of the NFC Championship and they pass? They should have kicked the field goal right then & there instead of chancing it.

What a game, though. I hope the Saints destroy Indy in 2 weeks.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

Only team in the NFC that had a chance of making it a close game against the Colts was the Vikings. I predict a massacre in 2 weeks.

colts 38 Saints 6
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

Congratulations New Orleans Saints,what a game!!!
Ill be routin for em in the SB...
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

Brett Favre gave that game to NO.

Fuck Brett Favre, he deserves this.
murdercitydevil08
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by murdercitydevil08 »

Vikings didnt want it like the Saints did.....

You turn over the ball that many times you dont
deserve to win.

Farve throws another key interception in a NFC
Championship game.

Will Farve comeback again....the count is on!
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Wow, the Saints just backed into the Superbowl by pure luck. They got dominated by the Vikes and should have lost. Oh well, easy victory for the Colts.

Early line is Colts -5.

nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

poizond13 wrote:Wow, the Saints just backed into the Superbowl by pure luck. They got dominated by the Vikes and should have lost. Oh well, easy victory for the Colts.

Early line is Colts -5.
only 5?? It should be 20, Saints have absolutely no chance.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

nycyankee wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Wow, the Saints just backed into the Superbowl by pure luck. They got dominated by the Vikes and should have lost. Oh well, easy victory for the Colts.

Early line is Colts -5.
only 5?? It should be 20, Saints have absolutely no chance.
Yeah, I'm putting my bet in now before it goes up.