Like A Kid Out There

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: Like A Kid Out There

Post by Machado »

Lardbucket wrote:
Machado wrote: as of late, more NFL fans have a dislike for BF because
the kid can't make up his mind whether to play or not to play the game.
And this is starting up again. He told ESPN's Ed Werder that it's "highly unlikely" that he'll return next season.
...the flip-flopping will last until just after training camp, when he'll suddenly find THE SPARK again...

did he say that? S.O.B.
just fucking say yes or no.
how hard is that?

bret-the public believes you the interception you threw at the end of the 4th quarter was a bad play-do you agree?
yes or no
yes or no

bret-the public believes all you needed to do on the said play was scramble for a short gain. did you know this?
yes or no
yes or no
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

LAPoet wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:His last pass in Greenbay = INT
His last pass this year = INT
last pass for the Jets was also an INT

Wrong, his 2nd to last pass with the Jet's was a pick!

His last official pass with the Jets was to Leonard Washington which was lateraled back to Bret in which he tossed an illegal forward pass.

It does sound like his last pass with Atlanta was an INT but can't confirm.

With Atlanta he threw 4 times, 2 of which were INT's.

His first pass in the NFL with Atlanta was an INT returned for a TD, can't find if the last pass was a pick.

If he retires today, his first and last throw in the NFL were INT's....How fitting.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

UtahRatt wrote: It does sound like his last pass with Atlanta was an INT but can't confirm.

With Atlanta he threw 4 times, 2 of which were INT's.

His first pass in the NFL with Atlanta was an INT returned for a TD, can't find if the last pass was a pick.
He wasn't the starter, but all his attempts and picks came in one game, a 56-17 beating by Washington.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 100was.htm
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

A 50 yard field goal in a dome is more like a 44-45 yarder outside. No wind to fight and no cold to make the ball heavy. Longwell would have hit it, and it certainly would have been worth a shot with 7 seconds left. Even if he did miss, New Orleans had no time left to do anything. Favre blew yet another playoff game with a bonehead pass. Once a gunslinger, always a gunslinger.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

SkyDog112046 wrote:A 50 yard field goal in a dome is more like a 44-45 yarder outside. No wind to fight and no cold to make the ball heavy. Longwell would have hit it, and it certainly would have been worth a shot with 7 seconds left. Even if he did miss, New Orleans had no time left to do anything. Favre blew yet another playoff game with a bonehead pass. Once a gunslinger, always a gunslinger.
Agreed, but after the way they steamrolled through the season, I see no reason for Childress not to bring him back if he wants to play..... I'm a Browns fan, so i don't care either way. I don't get caught up in the soap opera aspect of it, because I don't consider ESPN good sports journalism, and avoid it for the most part. That said, if he wants to play, that's fine, but c'mon Brett, you don't have to hold teams hostage. You haven't won anything since I was just out of high school. I've never seen anything like it. I remember when Jim Kelly and the Bills parted ways. Kelly tried to go to the Ravens but he wanted a "no benching clause" in his contract. Baltimore laughed. Kelly did the right thing and retired. Steve Young briefly flirted with joining Shanahan in Denver, but realized that his health and legacy were more important. Testaverde stuck around until age 44, but that's because he's a freak of nature in the gym, and had an agent who just waited around for teams in crisis to call, knowing Vinny could go make a cool few million dollars just to fill a roster spot. I digress.......
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Yesterday ESPN was not slurping BF all that much.
Several of their "NFL Experts" discussed his INT at the end of
the 4th quarter

You can't do that
A QB is taught in College never to attempt that throw
He should know better
etc...

Tony Kornheiser from PTI summed it up the best.

The game vs the saints defined his career.
A warrior on the field who will get up off the ground, no matter how
hard you hit him.
And then for some unexplained reason, he will throw an INT, at the most crucial part of the game, to break the hearts of the fans and lose the game.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Tymaster wrote:because I don't consider ESPN good sports journalism, and avoid it for the most part.

elaborate on why?
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Heenan Snuka wrote:
Tymaster wrote:because I don't consider ESPN good sports journalism, and avoid it for the most part.

elaborate on why?
Trent Dilfer and Mark Malone have no business criticizing any QB's.
Two idiots screaming at other on PTI isn't entertaining to me.
The "insiders" just call every other teams beat writers and lay claim to the gossip.
The constant Brett Favre worship.
Just creating "controversy" at every turn.

I want the game and the stat line. I don't need to know who is doing what off the court or the field basically.

Just my two cents.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tymaster wrote:
Heenan Snuka wrote:

elaborate on why?
Dilfer played for many seasons and won a SB. I think he's more than qualified to discuss the QB position.

Tony and Michael have had a very long career as beat writers/journalists. They are far from idiots. You may not care for the show or their style, but they know sports.
The "insiders" just call every other teams beat writers and lay claim to the gossip.
So you say. Even if it's true, what's wrong with that? The news has to get on the air somehow.
I have never understood why this clown is slurped so much, but now that he failed to lead his team in 2010, the backlash against him has begun.
Can you be more vague???

I want the game and the stat line. I don't need to know who is doing what off the court or the field basically.

Just my two cents.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Tymaster wrote:
Heenan Snuka wrote:

elaborate on why?

Just my two cents.

Not that sports writers/sports journalism should be taken seriously to begin with, but ESPN is the Fox News/Msnbc of sports journalism.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

elaborate on why?[/quote]

Dilfer played for many seasons and won a SB. I think he's more than qualified to discuss the QB position.

Tony and Michael have had a very long career as beat writers/journalists. They are far from idiots. You may not care for the show or their style, but they know sports.
So you say. Even if it's true, what's wrong with that? The news has to get on the air somehow.
I have never understood why this clown is slurped so much, but now that he failed to lead his team in 2010, the backlash against him has begun.
Can you be more vague???

Just my two cents.[/quote][/quote]

Like I said, it's just my two cents. As an English teacher, I spent plenty of time in journalism classes, so I respect the craft. That said, I don't really consider Mike and Mike, or PTI, or Rome to be entertaining. Many "sports journalists" never took a snap in high school. It's the same reason I don't like music critics. I enjoy watching the games, and discussing sports a little here, and with my co-workers, most of whom coach something mind you. Again, if you like ESPN, more power to you. If I'm not watching the actual game, yet I am watching tv, I like History, Discovery, that sort of thing.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Just my two cents.[/quote]

Not that sports writers/sports journalism should be taken seriously to begin with, but ESPN is the Fox News/Msnbc of sports journalism.
[/quote]

This is what I was getting at.......
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

[quote="Tymaster"] Mark Malone

Since when did he return to
ESPN???
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Machado wrote:
Tymaster wrote: Mark Malone

ESPN???

Just using him as an example. Having a someone like a Mark Malone criticizing a Troy Aikman type figure is laughable. Just like having Herm Edwards calling out any coach. Yes, I realize that every announcer isn't going to have league MVP on their resume, but ESPN has some real duds.....
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Tymaster wrote:
Machado wrote:
Tymaster wrote: Mark Malone

ESPN???

Just using him as an example. Having a someone like a Mark Malone criticizing a Troy Aikman type figure is laughable. Just like having Herm Edwards calling out any coach. Yes, I realize that every announcer isn't going to have league MVP on their resume, but ESPN has some real duds.....
It's a good thing Lee Corso likes to make an ass of himself, because it's completely hilarious watching a man with a horrific losing record as a coach, criticize coaching decisions.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Just using him as an example. Having a someone like a Mark Malone criticizing a Troy Aikman type figure is laughable. Just like having Herm Edwards calling out any coach. Yes, I realize that every announcer isn't going to have league MVP on their resume, but ESPN has some real duds.....[/quote]

It's a good thing Lee Corso likes to make an ass of himself, because it's completely hilarious watching a man with a horrific losing record as a coach, criticize coaching decisions.
[/quote]

Another prime example of why I don't enjoy watching ESPN.....