Like A Kid Out There

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Like A Kid Out There

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Bravo Brett.
Fast_Eddie_Schenker
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Re: Like A Kid Out There

Post by Fast_Eddie_Schenker »

Glorious Favrefail. :lol:
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Frank Barone wrote:Unbelievable! That play will haunt him for the rest of his life. All he had to do was hobble another 4-5 yards to give Longwell a good chance to win it. WTF was he thinking?

I hate it for him...

And to think, Minnesota thought he was the guy to get them to the Super Bowl. Ironic. Farve giveth, and Favre taketh away.
Even with a five yard run, it was an improbable field goal. The bigger issue was the 6 fumbles, 3 of which were lost. Favre didn't cost them the game, in fact he's the reason they even had a chance to win it.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

His last pass in Greenbay = INT
His last pass this year = INT
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

Fuck, when Brett Farve makes his entrance into the NFL Hall Of Fame, he'll be intercepted.
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Frank Barone wrote:Minnesota was in the 38 yard line with 19 seconds left. Farve had room to run, and could have easily picked up 4-5 yards... possibly even a few more. Had he got back to the 33 yard line (where they were before the penalty), he would have given Longwell a shot to win it with a 51 yarder... which he is very capable of making (especially in a dome). Longwell was 2/2 at 50+ this year, and 6/6 last year.

I'm not saying he would have made it, but I would have liked his chances.
not to mention bernard berrian was wide open 10 yards to his right just standing by the sideline only to have the perfect view for favre "not costing his team the game with only his150th pointless INT."

P13 didn't notice because he just read the statline.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

dtmfs wrote:
Frank Barone wrote:Minnesota was in the 38 yard line with 19 seconds left. Farve had room to run, and could have easily picked up 4-5 yards... possibly even a few more. Had he got back to the 33 yard line (where they were before the penalty), he would have given Longwell a shot to win it with a 51 yarder... which he is very capable of making (especially in a dome). Longwell was 2/2 at 50+ this year, and 6/6 last year.

I'm not saying he would have made it, but I would have liked his chances.
not to mention bernard berrian was wide open 10 yards to his right just standing by the sideline only to have the perfect view for favre "not costing his team the game with only his150th pointless INT."

P13 didn't notice because he just read the statline.
He wasn't open you idiot, there was a DB that was within 3 yards of him and watching him.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

poizond13 wrote:He wasn't open you idiot, there was a DB that was within 3 yards of him and watching him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whk0VTuMAdU

I know you're mentally challenged, but unless you're blind as well, pause it at the .52 mark and you'll notice berrian all by himself standing there waiting with a NO defender running away from him. Stephen Hawking could've completed that pass.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

dtmfs wrote:
poizond13 wrote:He wasn't open you idiot, there was a DB that was within 3 yards of him and watching him.

I know you're mentally challenged, but unless you're blind as well, pause it at the .52 mark and you'll notice berrian all by himself standing there waiting with a NO defender running away from him. Stephen Hawking could've completed that pass.
HAHA, nice job of posting a vid taken from an angle that cuts off the NO defender. Here's a better angle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC0rcPIqguA

Like I said, there was a NO defender within 3 yards of Berrian for the entire time Favre had the ball. No way that ball gets completed.

gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

To be fair, it's not all Favre' fault. We left a potential 14 points on the field with the 2 red zone turnovers. But that last pick was classic Favre. Typical Vikings. I hope they get to the Super Bowl before my liver gives out. Damn, what a crappy end to an exciting year.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Favre making a boneheaded play in the clutch ?

Who saw THAT coming ?
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Frank Barone wrote: And to think, Minnesota thought he was the guy to get them to the Super Bowl. Ironic. Farve giveth, and Favre taketh away.
Well, he got them to overtime of the Conference Championship. I dislike him as much as the next person, but he got them closer than anyone else has in a while.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

poizond13 wrote:[quote="dtmfs

HAHA, nice job of posting a vid taken from an angle that cuts off the NO defender. Here's a better angle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC0rcPIqguA

Like I said, there was a NO defender within 3 yards of Berrian for the entire time Favre had the ball. No way that ball gets completed.[/quote]

his angle was perfect...yours was the one that cut the defender out and had no replay

the defender was behind the receiver and he coulda completed it or run for it
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

The Minnesota Butterfingers.
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Post by TravisBickelsMohawk »

We Saints fans are loving the shit out of Brett Favre. :P
Animals die to keep your fat ass alive.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

That INT was an awful decision and vintage Favre, but he had a good game otherwise. Getting up after that high / low hit he took was pretty damn impressive. Not too shabby for an old man. I bet Vikes fans will want him back.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

bane wrote:That INT was an awful decision and vintage Favre, but he had a good game otherwise. Getting up after that high / low hit he took was pretty damn impressive. Not too shabby for an old man. I bet Vikes fans will want him back.
With the alternatives being Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels, I think they'd coax Tarkenton out of retirement.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:His last pass in Greenbay = INT
Makes me feel so good knowing this.
When Fox aired the gb INT, that was even better.
Expose the fugazi on national t.v.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

UtahRatt wrote:His last pass in Greenbay = INT
last pass for the Jets was also an INT
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

poizond13 wrote:
Frank Barone wrote:Unbelievable! That play will haunt him for the rest of his life. All he had to do was hobble another 4-5 yards to give Longwell a good chance to win it. WTF was he thinking?

I hate it for him...

And to think, Minnesota thought he was the guy to get them to the Super Bowl. Ironic. Farve giveth, and Favre taketh away.
Even with a five yard run, it was an improbable field goal. The bigger issue was the 6 fumbles, 3 of which were lost. Favre didn't cost them the game, in fact he's the reason they even had a chance to win it.
right, so let's throw into quadruple coverage and fuck up any chance.

Farve is a tool and for a "legend" he sure makes some shitty throws in high pressure situations. Fuck farve.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

I hate it for him...

right, so let's throw into quadruple coverage and fuck up any chance.

Farve is a tool and for a "legend" he sure makes some shitty throws in high pressure situations. Fuck farve.
That's the problem right there.

Let's ignore the fact that from the moment you first put on pads and play QB you are taught to NEVER throw into coverage, one of the biggest lessons is to NOT throw across your body on the run.

18 years in the NFL, 4 years in college plus his high school years spent in a wishbone where he most certainly was instructed not to throw across his body, and he STILL doesn't get it.

And his ballwashing apologists forgive it because every so often it works out.
jahlive 420
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by jahlive 420 »

Minnesota lost because of poor coaching, plain and simple.

The Favre INT should have never occured if the Vikings could keep their on field personnel in order.

If not for the penalty, my guess is that Longwell lines up for a 49-50 yarder and sends the Vikings to the Super Bowl.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

jahlive 420 wrote:Minnesota lost because of poor coaching, plain and simple.

The Favre INT should have never occured if the Vikings could keep their on field personnel in order.

If not for the penalty, my guess is that Longwell lines up for a 49-50 yarder and sends the Vikings to the Super Bowl.

He had room to run for a few extra yards, and a man open on the sidelines. He threw across his body into coverage.

Questionable coaching for sure. But that pic is all on Favre.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

thejuggernaut wrote:

He had room to run for a few extra yards, and a man open on the sidelines. He threw across his body into coverage.

If anybody does not blame BF for losing the game, who can you blame?
I will be interested to see if ESPN slurps him up and tried to deflect the blame elsewhere.
Forget about the damn fumbles.
The 18 yr vet had a chance to put his team in a position to win and HE BLEW IT!!!
You expect that throw from the Jets QB, not BF, :lol: :lol:
I give the man major credit for starting so many consecutive games and getting up off the ground yesterday numerous times.
But the throw, the pic there was just "stupid" and should not be the type of play you expect a veteran like him to make.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Machado wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

If anybody does not blame BF for losing the game, who can you blame?
I will be interested to see if ESPN slurps him up and tried to deflect the blame elsewhere.
Forget about the damn fumbles.
The 18 yr vet had a chance to put his team in a position to win and HE BLEW IT!!!
You expect that throw from the Jets QB, not a veteran, :lol: :lol:
I give the man major credit for starting so many consecutive games and getting up off the ground yesterday numerous times.
But the throw, the pic there was just "stupid" and should not be the type of play you expect a veteran like him to make.

Fixed
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Favre and his penchant for the costly pick. Yet, he was an OT away from another SB. I bet he comes back.......
His lone SB win will be easily forgotten while we will remember that his last pass as a Packer, Jet, and Viking was an interception.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tymaster wrote:Favre and his penchant for the costly pick. Yet, he was an OT away from another SB. I bet he comes back.......
His lone SB win will be easily forgotten while we will remember that his last pass as a Packer, Jet, and Viking was an interception.
now he has plenty of time to appear
in more sears commercials.

Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Machado wrote:
Tymaster wrote:Favre and his penchant for the costly pick. Yet, he was an OT away from another SB. I bet he comes back.......

He's a shoe in for the Hall of Fame, his real legacy is his toughness. No one can take that away from him. But really, aside from the one SB win, statistically speaking, he just doesn't inspire me much. Just my two cents.
I read a really great article this year about the reality of his "come from behind wins" and how that "stat" has been padded over the years. So, I think Madden and ESPN's constant God treatment to him, combined with his holding teams at pay every summer, along with the picks have made him very unliked by the fanbase.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tymaster wrote:
Machado wrote:

He's a shoe in for the Hall of Fame, his real legacy is his toughness. No one can take that away from him. But really, aside from the one SB win, statistically speaking, he just doesn't inspire me much. Just my two cents.
I read a really great article this year about the reality of his "come from behind wins" and how that "stat" has been padded over the years. So, I think Madden and ESPN's constant God treatment to him, combined with his holding teams at pay every summer, along with the picks have made him very unliked by the fanbase.
as of late, more NFL fans have a dislike for BF because
the kid can't make up his mind whether to play or not to play the game.
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

Machado wrote: as of late, more NFL fans have a dislike for BF because
the kid can't make up his mind whether to play or not to play the game.
And this is starting up again. He told ESPN's Ed Werder that it's "highly unlikely" that he'll return next season.
...the flip-flopping will last until just after training camp, when he'll suddenly find THE SPARK again...
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.