Superbowl thread! Your pick, your plans, your menu!!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Superbowl thread! Your pick, your plans, your menu!!!

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Notice, all Polian did was get the league to enforce the rules AS THEY ARE WRITTEN. The rules, as they were written, were never changed. Not by Polian or anyone else. Jamming a player after five yards was ALWAYS illegal. Jamming a player within five yards was always legal and STILL IS. When you say Polian "netuered" defensive backs, if you mean that he influenced them to play by the rules, then I completely agree. God forbid the rules be enforced AS THEY ARE WRITTEN.

Maybe you should learn more about football before discussing issues you know nothing about.
No idiot, the rules were interpreted basically since the invention of the forward pass that a DB could jam a receiver for the entire 5 yards and then disengage the receiver, not that they had to be completely free of them by the 5 yard mark. I've been watching NFL football since about 1971 and they always allowed contact. Swann and Stallworth got held up for the full 5 yards, Winslow and Joiner got held up, Rice and Taylor got held up - every set of receivers got held up until Polian cried about his guys in 2005. It's not like the rule got put in in 2004 and then enforced in 2005. They let DBs bang around receivers for as long as I have been watching.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=1771047
As the annual league meetings convened in Palm Beach, Fla., on Monday, competition committee co-chairman Rich McKay and Jeff Fisher apprised owners and coaches that the illegal contact rule will become a so-called "point of emphasis" for the 2004 season.
Mike Martz wrote: "It just seems like (the illegal contact penalty) was called differently the last few years," said St. Louis coach Mike Martz, a member of the coaches subcommittee which works with the competition committee. "Somehow things got a little redefined, whether it was subconscious or not, and we have to get back to calling the rule as it's written."
But I'm sure you think you know better than a Superbowl winning coach.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

P13, you can't have your cake and eat too. You want to call people "troll" and you threadjack. Get off my thread. We don't care about your pick. We know you have no plans or menu, because you don't have any friends.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Tymaster wrote:P13, you can't have your cake and eat too. You want to call people "troll" and you threadjack. Get off my thread. We don't care about your pick. We know you have no plans or menu, because you don't have any friends.
Wrong, I'll be having a hot looking milf over to watch the game with. Supposedly she's a divorcee form Cleveland that was married to some loser who couldn't pay his bills, so she dumped him.

:lol:
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

The bull shit never ends..........
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

UtahRatt wrote::lol:

The bull shit never ends..........

Nor does the stupidity. Aside from the sad fact that the fool is still using "your wife/your mama" putdowns, the moron, in his attempt to somehow flame him, inadvertently gave him credit for scoring a hot chick.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
Tymaster wrote:P13, you can't have your cake and eat too. You want to call people "troll" and you threadjack. Get off my thread. We don't care about your pick. We know you have no plans or menu, because you don't have any friends.
Wrong, I'll be having a hot looking milf over to watch the game with. Supposedly she's a divorcee form Cleveland that was married to some loser who couldn't pay his bills, so she dumped him.

So what's your mother cooking you guys for the big game ? Pot roast ?
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:
Mike Martz wrote: "It just seems like (the illegal contact penalty) was called differently the last few years," said St. Louis coach Mike Martz, a member of the coaches subcommittee which works with the competition committee. "Somehow things got a little redefined, whether it was subconscious or not, and we have to get back to calling the rule as it's written."
Hey dipshit - Mike Martz won squat as a coach. He was the Offensive Coordinator on a team that won the Superbowl, but no team he led won anything. Martz was a failure as a Head Coach - he lost his locker room.

But since we are talking coaches, the guy that won 3 SBs this decade coached his players to make contact all the way up to the 5 yard mark and then disengage because that was the way the rules worked. He mentioned this on one of his Monday afternoon shows. Several times in fact, prior to Pussy Polian crying about it.

And while we are on coaches, I sure as hell don't remember hearing the greatest of them all - Vince Lombardi - crying about guys tackling his QB or still having contact with one of his receivers 1/2" past he 5 yard zone. Lombardi would think the current NFL is run by a bunch of pussies(and it IS).
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
Hey dipshit - Mike Martz won squat as a coach. He was the Offensive Coordinator on a team that won the Superbowl, but no team he led won anything. Martz was a failure as a Head Coach - he lost his locker room.

But since we are talking coaches, the guy that won 3 SBs this decade coached his players to make contact all the way up to the 5 yard mark and then disengage because that was the way the rules worked. He mentioned this on one of his Monday afternoon shows. Several times in fact, prior to Pussy Polian crying about it.

And while we are on coaches, I sure as hell don't remember hearing the greatest of them all - Vince Lombardi - crying about guys tackling his QB or still having contact with one of his receivers 1/2" past he 5 yard zone. Lombardi would think the current NFL is run by a bunch of pussies(and it IS).
LOL, so an offensive coordinator isn't a coach? I never said he won anything as a head
coach. You continue to prove you're ignorant when it comes to football.

Funny that you complain about Belichick no longer being able to cheat and break the rules. And this is somehow a bad thing? Please tell me what is bad about the rule being called THE WAY IT IS WRITTEN? The rule itself was never changed, so please let me know why the Pats should have been able to continue to break the rules? Bad enough they got caught cheating with spygate. How ironic, a pats fan complaining that his team can no longer cheat.

Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

poizond13 wrote:

are u sure she's a milf, or a cougar?
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:LOL, so an offensive coordinator isn't a coach? I never said he won anything as a head
coach. You continue to prove you're ignorant when it comes to football
Head Coaches are referred to as "coach". Coordinators are called "coordinators". Whenever a players says "I just do what the coach says.", he is referring to the Head Coach. Positional coaches are referred to a "line coach", QB coach", etc.. The only one called simply "Coach" is the HC. maybe you'll learn something after watching your 5th or 6th game.

I'm willing to bet that P13 is a "pink hat". Jumping on the team's bandwagon because they are winning, couldn't name a single player a year or so ago.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:LOL, so an offensive coordinator isn't a coach? I never said he won anything as a head
Head Coaches are referred to as "coach". Coordinators are called "coordinators". Whenever a players says "I just do what the coach says.", he is referring to the Head Coach. Positional coaches are referred to a "line coach", QB coach", etc.. The only one called simply "Coach" is the HC. maybe you'll learn something after watching your 5th or 6th game.

I'm willing to bet that P13 is a "pink hat". Jumping on the team's bandwagon because they are winning, couldn't name a single player a year or so ago.
Doesn't matter to me what your opinion is on what an offensive coordinator should be called. What I said is technically correct. Offensive Coordinator is their title, but they are coaches. I don't see how you could say that they aren't coaches. Mike Martz is a Superbowl winning coach. It's not that hard to understand.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Heenan Snuka wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

are u sure she's a milf, or a cougar?
Could be either one. :lol:

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

were going to barbeque a colt for lunch and watch Poison at halftime, fuck The Who
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:

Doesn't matter to me what your opinion is on what an offensive coordinator should be called. What I said is technically correct. Offensive Coordinator is their title, but they are coaches. I don't see how you could say that they aren't coaches. Mike Martz is a Superbowl winning coach. It's not that hard to understand.
No shit for brains, he is not considered a "Superbowl Winning Coach". Only a Head Coach that distinction. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

He's a coach who won the Superbowl- as a coach. What's false about that statement?

Bourbon Cowboy
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Bourbon Cowboy »

Mike Martz (born May 13, 1951 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota) is a former NFL head coach and currently the offensive coordinator for the National Football League's Chicago Bears.

Martz is best known as the offensive coordinator behind the St. Louis Rams high-powered 1999 team that won the Super Bowl. As a head coach in the NFL Martz was 56-36 in 5⅓ seasons as the St. Louis Rams head coach. He won two division titles, had four playoff berths including a NFC championship and a trip to Super Bowl XXXVI.

Nobody except you consider Martz a "Superbowl winning coach."

That would be an incorrect assumption. He is NOT a Superbowl winning Coach. He IS a Superbowl winning offensive coordinator.

From your own hometown Chicago Tribune:

Mike Martz's BIO: (NFL): 1992-96, Rams: quarterbacks coach 1992-94, wide receivers coach 1995-96. 1997-98, Redskins quarterbacks coach. 1999-2005, Rams: offensive coordinator 1999, head coach 2000-05; 2006-07, Lions: offensive coordinator.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... 9089.story
muppet butt wrote:You're an idiot if you think he has the ability to ban me.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Bourbon Cowboy wrote:Mike Martz (born May 13, 1951 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota) is a former NFL head coach and currently the offensive coordinator for the National Football League's Chicago Bears.

Martz is best known as the offensive coordinator behind the St. Louis Rams high-powered 1999 team that won the Super Bowl. As a head coach in the NFL Martz was 56-36 in 5⅓ seasons as the St. Louis Rams head coach. He won two division titles, had four playoff berths including a NFC championship and a trip to Super Bowl XXXVI.

That would be an incorrect assumption. He is NOT a Superbowl winning Coach. He IS a Superbowl winning offensive coordinator.

Mike Martz's BIO: (NFL): 1992-96, Rams: quarterbacks coach 1992-94, wide receivers coach 1995-96. 1997-98, Redskins quarterbacks coach. 1999-2005, Rams: offensive coordinator 1999, head coach 2000-05; 2006-07, Lions: offensive coordinator.

So, basically, what you're saying is that an offensive coordinator is not a coach? Yes or no?

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

An offensive coordinator typically refers to the coach on a American football team who is in charge of the offense. ...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&clie ... d=0CAcQkAE

Fucking idiots.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:
Bourbon Cowboy wrote:Mike Martz (born May 13, 1951 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota) is a former NFL head coach and currently the offensive coordinator for the National Football League's Chicago Bears.

So, basically, what you're saying is that an offensive coordinator is not a coach? Yes or no?
A coach, not THE Coach. And when referring to a Superbowl victory he would be called a coordinator. Coach would infer Head Coach. Vermiel was the Superbowl Winning Coach for the St Louis Rams. Martz was the Coordinator.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

A coach, not THE Coach. And when referring to a Superbowl victory he would be called a coordinator. Coach would infer Head Coach. Vermiel was the Superbowl Winning Coach for the St Louis Rams. Martz was the Coordinator.
He's a coach. He's won the superbowl as a coach. Ergo, he's a superbowl winning coach. What's so hard to understand about that? Vermeil is a Superbowl winning head coach. Martz is not.

Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Please, leave my thread, troll.
And by this logic Romeo Crennel is one of the greatest coaches ever because he has at least 5 rings, as an assistant and/or coordinator. Your ability to continue to lower the bar is mildly entertaining, but it grows long in the tooth rather quickly.
Last edited by Tymaster on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Tymaster wrote:Please, leave my thread, troll.
No thanks.

Bourbon Cowboy
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Bourbon Cowboy »

poizond13 wrote:So, basically, what you're saying is that an offensive coordinator is not a coach? Yes or no?
No you claimed he was a Superbowl winning coach, when in fact he is noted in the record books that he was a Superbowl winning offensive coordinator.

The Superbowl winning coach for the Rams was Dick Vermiel. You know it, but you continue to troll with your constant idiocy.
ESPN and other sports authorities when interviewing Martz NEVER referred to Martz as a SUPERBOWL WINNING COACH.

Trolling idiot.
muppet butt wrote:You're an idiot if you think he has the ability to ban me.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Bourbon Cowboy wrote:
poizond13 wrote:So, basically, what you're saying is that an offensive coordinator is not a coach? Yes or no?
No you claimed he was a Superbowl winning coach, when in fact he is noted in the record books that he was a Superbowl winning offensive coordinator.

The Superbowl winning coach for the Rams was Dick Vermiel. You know it, but you continue to troll with your constant idiocy.
ESPN and other sports authorities when interviewing Martz NEVER referred to Martz as a SUPERBOWL WINNING COACH.

Trolling idiot.
It's a yes or no question. I never said Martz was a superbowl winning head coach. He was a coach on a superbowl winning team. Therefore, he's a superbowl winning coach. PLAIN AND FUCKING SIMPLE.

No, the fact that you're even arguing against this claim makes you a troll. What I said was correct. You say that Martz should be referred to as a SB winning offensive coordinator. Yet, an offensive coordinator IS a COACH. Therefore, you're wrong by definition.

Next, please.

Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

poizond13 wrote:
Bourbon Cowboy wrote:

Trolling idiot.
It's a yes or no question. I never said Martz was a superbowl winning head coach. He was a coach on a superbowl winning team. Therefore, he's a superbowl winning coach. PLAIN AND FUCKING SIMPLE.

No, the fact that you're even arguing against this claim makes you a troll. What I said was correct. You say that Martz should be referred to as a SB winning offensive coordinator. Yet, an offensive coordinator IS a COACH. Therefore, you're wrong by definition.

Next, please.
You are a moron.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Nobody EVER refers to a coordinator who was part of the win as "Super bowl winning coach". Doing so is a disservice to the head coach who sticks his neck out week in and week out. Head coaches are the guys who take all the blame when they lose. They never say "It was my boneheaded coordinators fault", so they deserve the recognition when they win. If you want to say "Superbowl winning coordinator", fine, but "coach" is reserved for the head coach.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

bane wrote:Nobody EVER refers to a coordinator who was part of the win as "Super bowl winning coach". Doing so is a disservice to the head coach who sticks his neck out week in and week out. Head coaches are the guys who take all the blame when they lose. They never say "It was my boneheaded coordinators fault", so they deserve the recognition when they win. If you want to say "Superbowl winning coordinator", fine, but "coach" is reserved for the head coach.
First it was the 52 yard field goal fiasco, now this.

Perhaps we should cut the kid some slack; he just started following football less than two months ago.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

poizond13 wrote: Wrong, I'll be having a hot looking milf over to watch the game with. Supposedly she's a divorcee form Cleveland that was married to some loser who couldn't pay his bills, so she dumped him.

Zakk?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

thejuggernaut wrote:
bane wrote:Nobody EVER refers to a coordinator who was part of the win as "Super bowl winning coach". Doing so is a disservice to the head coach who sticks his neck out week in and week out. Head coaches are the guys who take all the blame when they lose. They never say "It was my boneheaded coordinators fault", so they deserve the recognition when they win. If you want to say "Superbowl winning coordinator", fine, but "coach" is reserved for the head coach.

Perhaps we should cut the kid some slack; he just started following football less than two months ago.
It's pretty obvious that he was either unaware that Vermeil was the coach during the greatest show on turf, or else he's just ignorant enough to think that referring to a coordinator as "super bowl winning coach" is acceptable. Either way he's trying to cover his ass like crazy. Better for him to just say "oops".
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

bane wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

It's pretty obvious that he was either unaware that Vermeil was the coach during the greatest show on turf, or else he's just ignorant enough to think that referring to a coordinator as "super bowl winning coach" is acceptable. Either way he's trying to cover his ass like crazy. Better for him to just say "oops".
I've never seen Belichick referred to as a 5 time SB winning coach.

I've never seen George Seifert referred to as a 4 or 5 time SB winning coach.

I've never seen Mike Holmgren referred to as a 2 or 3 time winning SB coach.

I've never seen Mike Shanahan referred to as a 3 time SB winning coach.