Superbowl thread! Your pick, your plans, your menu!!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

lords of fubar
Headlining Clubs

Re: Superbowl thread! Your pick, your plans, your menu!!!

Post by lords of fubar »

ok realistic colts fan here.....I have to be,,,,followed them since 1971,,,,,yep, i am an old fucker...after being called the dolts, being told that colts stands for "count on losing this sunday" and the pain of a 1-15 season.....jeff george, art schliester, steve entman, trev alberts.....FUCK i could go on,,,,,having peyton,marvin,reggie,and the rest of a pretty damn good team together for awhile is damn sweet....BUT, i will never forget where i came from.....and i know full well that there will come a time when we will probably be shitty again, but just like i loved em when they sucked, and i loved em when they got really good,,,,. i will love em when they suck again....sorry I REALLY DO BLEED BLUE.....having said that, yes of course i want my team to win...but the saints have been the nfl's joke team for a lot longer than we were....so, if we lose on super bowl sunday, while i will be sad,mad.....at least it won't be to the fucking cowboys.........
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

lords of fubar wrote:ok realistic colts fan here.....I have to be,,,,followed them since 1971,,,,,yep, i am an old fucker...after being called the dolts, being told that colts stands for "count on losing this sunday" and the pain of a 1-15 season.....jeff george, art schliester, steve entman, trev alberts.....FUCK i could go on,,,,,having peyton,marvin,reggie,and the rest of a pretty damn good team together for awhile is damn sweet....BUT, i will never forget where i came from.....and i know full well that there will come a time when we will probably be shitty again, but just like i loved em when they sucked, and i loved em when they got really good,,,,. i will love em when they suck again....sorry I REALLY DO BLEED BLUE.....having said that, yes of course i want my team to win...but the saints have been the nfl's joke team for a lot longer than we were....so, if we lose on super bowl sunday, while i will be sad,mad.....at least it won't be to the fucking cowboys.........
Is this for real? How can there possibly be a Colts fan from "way back."

There can be a Colts fan from way back to 1983, but I can't understand how someone who "bled blue" in 1971 can still "bleed blue" in 2010, unless they happened to move from Baltimore to Indiana in 1983.

Please explain.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

HMJ wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
HMJ wrote:Flying from Los Angeles to New Orleans to go work a bartending shift at my old bar on Super Bowl Sunday. I'll probably rake in 300-400 dollars in a few hours, then when the Saints win....huge fucking party on Bourbon Street. Bang bang.

Of course if they lose, I'll still be fucking smashed hammered and a few hundred richer. Ha, then back to L.A. on Monday night.
You want someone to be impressed, don't you ?
HMJ wrote:FUCKING SAINTS.

They win and I go to New Orleans for SB weekend, I get a bartending shift at my old bar for the game, I make $300 in 2 hours...then IF the Saints the big game...fuck man, that party is going to be insane.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Do you think 3-4 hundreds dollars is a lot of money or something ?
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:
lords of fubar wrote:ok realistic colts fan here.....I have to be,,,,followed them since 1971,,,,,yep, i am an old fucker...after being called the dolts, being told that colts stands for "count on losing this sunday" and the pain of a 1-15 season.....jeff george, art schliester, steve entman, trev alberts.....FUCK i could go on,,,,,having peyton,marvin,reggie,and the rest of a pretty damn good team together for awhile is damn sweet....BUT, i will never forget where i came from.....and i know full well that there will come a time when we will probably be shitty again, but just like i loved em when they sucked, and i loved em when they got really good,,,,. i will love em when they suck again....sorry I REALLY DO BLEED BLUE.....having said that, yes of course i want my team to win...but the saints have been the nfl's joke team for a lot longer than we were....so, if we lose on super bowl sunday, while i will be sad,mad.....at least it won't be to the fucking cowboys.........

There can be a Colts fan from way back to 1983, but I can't understand how someone who "bled blue" in 1971 can still "bleed blue" in 2010, unless they happened to move from Baltimore to Indiana in 1983.

Please explain.
Is it really that hard to figure out ?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

thejuggernaut wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

Please explain.
Please don't get involved in this, every thread you touch turns to shit.
lords of fubar
Headlining Clubs

Post by lords of fubar »

sure i'll explain....i take it by your snide attitude that you mean because of the move....well first off the move happened in 1984 not 1983....second, you said "colts" fan not "baltimore" or "indiana" fan....i have no alliegence to baltimore or indiana as far as the cities go...I live in Richmond Virginia and the same way as there are minn viking fans in texas, I am a "colts" fan in VA....everybody always talks about the colts move to indiana...nobody seems to remember that it was the raiders that moved to los angeles before the colts moved to indy....oh and please don't hand me the bullshit about "leaving in the middle of the night" Robert irsay gave it until the last minute for baltimore to build a new stadium for the colts...the city would not pony up at all and the fans stopped coming to the games because irsay had traded the big name players...this goes on all the time ...it's called rebuilding, those big name players were old and it was time to look to the future...but the people of baltimore would have none of it...WHAT NO JOHNNY UNITAS????....they stopped coming to the games....no fans in the seats= no money for the team....simple math....you take a team like the redskins, even when they have shitty years, the place is still packed and there is a waiting list to get tickets. the baltimore colts were aver...20.000 or so fans...not enough to sustain a pro team bubba........now....to make a long story.........even longer.....i would have prefered they stay in baltimore as that is a 3 hour drive for me to see a game, as it is, it's an 11 hour drive....now IF you are saying that I cannot be a fan and "bleed blue" for a team i have followed since 1971 simply because i do not live there, then you sir are a fucking idiot and you should shoot yourself before you procreate......have a nice day :mrgreen:
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

Please explain.
Please don't get involved in this, every thread you touch turns to shit.
Sorry to ruin you online experience.

However, this issue has already been addressed.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

lords of fubar wrote:sure i'll explain....i take it by your snide attitude that you mean because of the move....well first off the move happened in 1984 not 1983....second, you said "colts" fan not "baltimore" or "indiana" fan....i have no alliegence to baltimore or indiana as far as the cities go...I live in Richmond Virginia and the same way as there are minn viking fans in texas, I am a "colts" fan in VA....everybody always talks about the colts move to indiana...nobody seems to remember that it was the raiders that moved to los angeles before the colts moved to indy....oh and please don't hand me the bullshit about "leaving in the middle of the night" Robert irsay gave it until the last minute for baltimore to build a new stadium for the colts...the city would not pony up at all and the fans stopped coming to the games because irsay had traded the big name players...this goes on all the time ...it's called rebuilding, those big name players were old and it was time to look to the future...but the people of baltimore would have none of it...WHAT NO JOHNNY UNITAS????....they stopped coming to the games....no fans in the seats= no money for the team....simple math....you take a team like the redskins, even when they have shitty years, the place is still packed and there is a waiting list to get tickets. the baltimore colts were aver...20.000 or so fans...not enough to sustain a pro team bubba........now....to make a long story.........even longer.....i would have prefered they stay in baltimore as that is a 3 hour drive for me to see a game, as it is, it's an 11 hour drive....now IF you are saying that I cannot be a fan and "bleed blue" for a team i have followed since 1971 simply because i do not live there, then you sir are a fucking idiot and you should shoot yourself before you procreate......have a nice day :mrgreen:
Don't mind Levi. He's sort of a "troll" (using that term loosely as there really is no such thing) but in a good way.

He's a good shit. He just likes to try to agitate people.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

thejuggernaut wrote:
lords of fubar wrote:sure i'll explain....i take it by your snide attitude that you mean because of the move....well first off the move happened in 1984 not 1983....second, you said "colts" fan not "baltimore" or "indiana" fan....i have no alliegence to baltimore or indiana as far as the cities go...I live in Richmond Virginia and the same way as there are minn viking fans in texas, I am a "colts" fan in VA....everybody always talks about the colts move to indiana...nobody seems to remember that it was the raiders that moved to los angeles before the colts moved to indy....oh and please don't hand me the bullshit about "leaving in the middle of the night" Robert irsay gave it until the last minute for baltimore to build a new stadium for the colts...the city would not pony up at all and the fans stopped coming to the games because irsay had traded the big name players...this goes on all the time ...it's called rebuilding, those big name players were old and it was time to look to the future...but the people of baltimore would have none of it...WHAT NO JOHNNY UNITAS????....they stopped coming to the games....no fans in the seats= no money for the team....simple math....you take a team like the redskins, even when they have shitty years, the place is still packed and there is a waiting list to get tickets. the baltimore colts were aver...20.000 or so fans...not enough to sustain a pro team bubba........now....to make a long story.........even longer.....i would have prefered they stay in baltimore as that is a 3 hour drive for me to see a game, as it is, it's an 11 hour drive....now IF you are saying that I cannot be a fan and "bleed blue" for a team i have followed since 1971 simply because i do not live there, then you sir are a fucking idiot and you should shoot yourself before you procreate......have a nice day :mrgreen:
Don't mind Levi. He's sort of a "troll" (using that term loosely as there really is no such thing) but in a good way.

He's a good shit. He just likes to try to agitate people.
What are you, my fucking publicist?
The Cusack
Better Off Dead

Post by The Cusack »

Colts by 4
I'll be at work for at least the first half, if not the first three quarters of the game so the menu will be pizza and/or wings.
Damsel-in-Distress wrote:Taime Downe=pork sausage in a goth wrapper.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

lords of fubar wrote:everybody always talks about the colts move to indiana...nobody seems to remember that it was the raiders that moved to los angeles before the colts moved to indy

I'm one who will never forget that shit, the move to LA crushed me. Initially I was so pissed I sent fan club letters to Atlanta and New Orleans trying to take on a new favorite but the short lived boycott blew over.

Funny how I was pissed when they moved to LA, happy when they moved back and now I'd like to see them go back to LA again. Oakland stadium is a shit hole and a small market. At this point they could move to Mexico and I'd still be a Raider.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

GypsyDog5150 wrote:That's how Pissburgh won last year, dirty as fuck.

poizond13 wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:The Saints can win this. They just need to get after Manning. Manning rarely gets roughed up, but when he does he loses his composure pretty quickly. The Saints should do to Manning what they did to Favre and hit him hard, early, and often even if it means they take a few roughing penalties. Jam the receivers at the line to slow their routes and pound Manning mercilessly. Once Gomer comes unglued it's game over.

I'll say Saints 35-24

As for the menu, nothing fancy, just some loaded nachos with extra jalapenos and subs at half-time.
So basically, you're saying the Aints only chance is to play dirty? Well, I agree with you that would probably be their only chance, but after what the Aints did to Favre yesterday, the refs will be watching closely to ensure that Peyton Manning is protected. Furthermore, the Jets blitzed mercilessly and could not get to Manning after the first two possessions of the game. What makes you think the Aints will be more successful?
Agreed. Teams like Pittsburgh, NY Jets, Ravens, and apparently the Saints, have to rely on dirty plays and late hits because they don't have enough talent to win otherwise. Gregg Williams basically admitted that the Saints are going to try and illegally knock out Manning. It's despicable.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

You just named the best defenses in the league. I guess teams that are hard hitting and aggressive on defense are "dirty" huh? Knocking Peyton on his ass isn't dirty, it's football. God forbid it all turns into "finesse" teams. That would so suck.
Last edited by bane on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

He would think that's dirty because he roots for a pussy team. A team that got the rules changed back in 2005 to prevent defensive backs from so much as touching receivers. Indy gets the benefit of more pass interference and defensive holding calls than any team in the league. They should just put flags on them and get it over with. National Flag League - at least the initials still work.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

SkyDog112046 wrote:He would think that's dirty because he roots for a pussy team. A team that got the rules changed back in 2005 to prevent defensive backs from so much as touching receivers. Indy gets the benefit of more pass interference and defensive holding calls than any team in the league. They should just put flags on them and get it over with. National Flag League - at least the initials still work.

While agree with Polian being a whiny cunt with a sun burnt pussy regarding the rules (and the no force out rule from 2008 is another example of NFL faggotry) you don't have much room to talk, seeing how if someone even throws a M&M in Brady's direction, it's a flag.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:He would think that's dirty because he roots for a pussy team. A team that got the rules changed back in 2005 to prevent defensive backs from so much as touching receivers. Indy gets the benefit of more pass interference and defensive holding calls than any team in the league. They should just put flags on them and get it over with. National Flag League - at least the initials still work.
Good thing the pass interference and illegal contact rules were not changed in 2005, by BIll Polian or anyone else.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

thejuggernaut wrote:

While agree with Polian being a whiny cunt with a sun burnt pussy regarding the rules (and the no force out rule from 2008 is another example of NFL faggotry) you don't have much room to talk, seeing how if someone even throws a M&M in Brady's direction, it's a flag.
Polian is the guy pushing for all those rule changes. The thing that is referred to as the Brady rule was in response to what happened to Manning, Brady, Palmer, and Rivers getting hurt from guys already on the ground taking out their knees. I think they all get that call now, I know Vince Wilfork gets nailed with it about once a game now. Did you see the Pats/Ravens game? Brady got pounded and there were no flags, they only seem to call the stuff really low.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote:You just named the best defenses in the league. I guess teams that are hard hitting and aggressive on defense are "dirty" huh? Knocking Peyton on his ass isn't dirty, it's football. God forbid it all turns into "finesse" teams. That would so suck.
I'm not interested in discussing the rules and whether or not they're appropriate. I'm not interested in your opinion regarding what football is about. And furthermore, I'm not talking about defenses that are simply aggressive and hard hitting. I'm talking about enforcing the rules as they're written. Hitting the QB late, as the Saints did in each of the last two games, is illegal. Gregg Williams talking about his defensive players putting a hit on manning and not worrying about the legality of it is disturbing. Teams ignoring the rules to get a shot on the opposing team's best player is not football.

As for the Colts being a finesse team? Let's think about that for a second. They punched the Ravens in the mouth and out-played them on defense. Going in to the game, everyone was saying that the Ravens were one of the toughest teams in the league and they would beat up the Colts. Never happened. The Colts then proceeded to give the Jets, a running and defensive team, a royal beating. They played better defense and HAD MORE RUSHING YARDS than this so-called "physical" team. Call the Colts what you want, these are the facts.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

Polian is the guy pushing for all those rule changes. The thing that is referred to as the Brady rule was in response to what happened to Manning, Brady, Palmer, and Rivers getting hurt from guys already on the ground taking out their knees. I think they all get that call now, I know Vince Wilfork gets nailed with it about once a game now. Did you see the Pats/Ravens game? Brady got pounded and there were no flags, they only seem to call the stuff really low.

Come on. Don't be a biased homer. Brady's one of their marquee guys. Anything even approaching borderline gets called, the same way is does on Manning.

It's been that way in every sport for a long time -

Couldn't go near Jordan, now Bryant or James
Gretzky
Clemens had a huge strike zone while ARod had a tiny one.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:
Good thing the pass interference and illegal contact rules were not changed in 2005, by BIll Polian or anyone else.
Did you just start watching football 3 or 4 weeks ago? Defensive backs used to be able to jam receivers at the line and hold them up for 5 yards at which point they had a yard or so to disengage from them. Now any contact whatsoever after 5 yards is a flag, meaning they have to let go of them sooner. They also nail the DB if they keep jamming them after initial contact, even if it is at the line of scrimmage. One bump and then just have to chase them. Polian neutered DBs because guys like Law and Palumalo were shutting down precious Peyton's receivers. Which is why now there are bunches of QB's throwing for 4000+ yards every year.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
bane wrote:You just named the best defenses in the league. I guess teams that are hard hitting and aggressive on defense are "dirty" huh? Knocking Peyton on his ass isn't dirty, it's football. God forbid it all turns into "finesse" teams. That would so suck.
I'm not interested in discussing the rules and whether or not they're appropriate. I'm not interested in your opinion regarding what football is about. And furthermore, I'm not talking about defenses that are simply aggressive and hard hitting. I'm talking about enforcing the rules as they're written. Hitting the QB late, as the Saints did in each of the last two games, is illegal. Gregg Williams talking about his defensive players putting a hit on manning and not worrying about the legality of it is disturbing. Teams ignoring the rules to get a shot on the opposing team's best player is not football.
No, it's not disturbing.

His basic message is follow through on the hits. It's Manning so you might get some flags but don't worry about it and do NOT play half speed and hesitant - go all out and if you get a penalty, so be it.

That's how football has ALWAYS been played, before ridiculous salaries got in the way.
Last edited by thejuggernaut on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

poizond13 wrote:

As for the Colts being a finesse team? Let's think about that for a second. They punched the Ravens in the mouth and out-played them on defense. Going in to the game, everyone was saying that the Ravens were one of the toughest teams in the league and they would beat up the Colts. Never happened. The Colts then proceeded to give the Jets, a running and defensive team, a royal beating. They played better defense and HAD MORE RUSHING YARDS than this so-called "physical" team. Call the Colts what you want, these are the facts.
I really couldn't care less what you're "interested in". You just called the best defensive teams in all of football "dirty". Those are the "facts". I never said squat about the Colts. I said that I would hate it if the whole league turned into finesse football, because it sucks. If Manning gets knocked around illegally, you can bet you ass there will be flags. In fact, there will be flags if he gets knocked on his ass legally, and you damn well know it, so quit whining about it.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
Did you just start watching football 3 or 4 weeks ago? Defensive backs used to be able to jam receivers at the line and hold them up for 5 yards at which point they had a yard or so to disengage from them. Now any contact whatsoever after 5 yards is a flag, meaning they have to let go of them sooner. They also nail the DB if they keep jamming them after initial contact, even if it is at the line of scrimmage. One bump and then just have to chase them. Polian neutered DBs because guys like Law and Palumalo were shutting down precious Peyton's receivers. Which is why now there are bunches of QB's throwing for 4000+ yards every year.
From Wikipedia:
Polian convinced the competition committee and the leagues head of officiating Mike Pereria to issue a crackdown on illegal contact and defensive holding in the secondary, claiming that the Colts receivers had been roughed up illegally by the Patriots defensive backs without penalty during the Championship game
Notice, all Polian did was get the league to enforce the rules AS THEY ARE WRITTEN. The rules, as they were written, were never changed. Not by Polian or anyone else. Jamming a player after five yards was ALWAYS illegal. Jamming a player within five yards was always legal and STILL IS. When you say Polian "netuered" defensive backs, if you mean that he influenced them to play by the rules, then I completely agree. God forbid the rules be enforced AS THEY ARE WRITTEN.

Maybe you should learn more about football before discussing issues you know nothing about.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

bane wrote:I really couldn't care less what you're "interested in". You just called the best defensive teams in all of football "dirty". Those are the "facts". I never said squat about the Colts. I said that I would hate it if the whole league turned into finesse football, because it sucks. If Manning gets knocked around illegally, you can bet you ass there will be flags. In fact, there will be flags if he gets knocked on his ass legally, and you damn well know it, so quit whining about it.
Hell, there will be flags if someone shakes his hand too hard during the coin toss.
:lol:
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
No, it's not disturbing.

His basic message is follow through on the hits. It's Manning so you might get some flags but don't worry about it and do NOT play half speed and hesitant - go all out and if you get a penalty, so be it.

That's how football has ALWAYS been played, before ridiculous salaries got in the way.
It is disturbing. The rules are what they are. If you're a coach and you're telling your players to disregard the rules, there's a problem with that. Gregg Williams saying he doesn't care if Manning gets up or not is disturbing. If you want to get into whether the rules are appropriate or not, that's a whole other debate. It has nothing to do with this. The rules are what they are, and they should be followed.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
Notice, all Polian did was get the league to enforce the rules AS THEY ARE WRITTEN. The rules, as they were written, were never changed. Not by Polian or anyone else. Jamming a player after five yards was ALWAYS illegal. Jamming a player within five yards was always legal and STILL IS. When you say Polian "netuered" defensive backs, if you mean that he influenced them to play by the rules, then I completely agree. God forbid the rules be enforced AS THEY ARE WRITTEN.

Maybe you should learn more about football before discussing issues you know nothing about.
The refs have rules, and the rules they must abide by include enforcing the rules.

By forcing them to reinterpret the rules, they changed the rules.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
No, it's not disturbing.

It is disturbing. The rules are what they are. If you're a coach and you're telling your players to disregard the rules, there's a problem with that. Gregg Williams saying he doesn't care if Manning gets up or not is disturbing. If you want to get into whether the rules are appropriate or not, that's a whole other debate. It has nothing to do with this. The rules are what they are, and they should be followed.
And THIS is how we know you have never played.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

The refs have rules, and the rules they must abide by include enforcing the rules.

I don't want to get into your twisting of semantics. The NFL rule books were not changed. Plain and simple, end of discussion.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

I don't want to get into your twisting of semantics. The NFL rule books were not changed. Plain and simple, end of discussion.
There's nothing semantic about it. Are you going on the record as saying the refs don't have rules ?
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:Notice, all Polian did was get the league to enforce the rules AS THEY ARE WRITTEN. The rules, as they were written, were never changed. Not by Polian or anyone else. Jamming a player after five yards was ALWAYS illegal. Jamming a player within five yards was always legal and STILL IS. When you say Polian "netuered" defensive backs, if you mean that he influenced them to play by the rules, then I completely agree. God forbid the rules be enforced AS THEY ARE WRITTEN.

No idiot, the rules were interpreted basically since the invention of the forward pass that a DB could jam a receiver for the entire 5 yards and then disengage the receiver, not that they had to be completely free of them by the 5 yard mark. I've been watching NFL football since about 1971 and they always allowed contact. Swann and Stallworth got held up for the full 5 yards, Winslow and Joiner got held up, Rice and Taylor got held up - every set of receivers got held up until Polian cried about his guys in 2005. It's not like the rule got put in in 2004 and then enforced in 2005. They let DBs bang around receivers for as long as I have been watching.