Brett Farve = Playoff Bitch

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Re: Brett Farve = Playoff Bitch

Post by thejuggernaut »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Let's look at Favre's season and see if we can understand all the hate being directed at him:

Another game with turnovers and a boneheaded rookie mistake in a crucial moment.

Watching other teams play for the Super Bowl. Like they did with Jackson QBing them
Wow, a rational thought... on THIS board. Really? I'm truly impressed. Nicely done, poizond13.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

Post by Monsters_of_Rock »

bigbuttskinner wrote:On the play Berrian was the primary target. He was covered. Shiancoe was the second read, he was bracketed. Rice was running a clearing route. They switched to cover two before the snap. No one was open. He tried to hit Rice and he got picked. He tried to make it work because it was going to be a long kick. I don't understand why people fault the guy for trying.

If Tahi didn't come in and they didn't get a penalty for 12 men in the huddle, maybe they run AP again and see what happens. One play doesn't determine the game. Too many factors. It just so happens, this one was at the end of regulation so everyone puts the blame on #4.
This.
"We're gonna score 17? OK!!! What is Plaxico playing defense now?"
--Tom Brady
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

poizond13 wrote:Let's look at Favre's season and see if we can understand all the hate being directed at him:

Throws for 33 Touchdowns and over 4,000 yards.
Throws just 7 picks.
Leads his team to a 12-4 record while having, arguably, the best season of his career.
Leads his team to the NFC Championship game and within one play of the Superbowl.
Elevates the play of every receiver on the team.
Increases revenue for the Vikings substantially.

HOW HORRIBLE!
I am getting a little tired of hearing this one from the rapidly diminishing Farve Army.

It's not "arguably" his best season.

His best season was the one where he didn't fuck up with a major league choke and actually won a Super Bowl ring. There's no further argument.

This season was "arguably" his biggest 21st century choke, but then, there's so many to choose from.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
bigbuttskinner wrote:On the play Berrian was the primary target. He was covered. Shiancoe was the second read, he was bracketed. Rice was running a clearing route. They switched to cover two before the snap. No one was open. He tried to hit Rice and he got picked. He tried to make it work because it was going to be a long kick. I don't understand why people fault the guy for trying.

If Tahi didn't come in and they didn't get a penalty for 12 men in the huddle, maybe they run AP again and see what happens. One play doesn't determine the game. Too many factors. It just so happens, this one was at the end of regulation so everyone puts the blame on #4.
This.
Not this. If he just runs for 5 yards they get a chance at a game-winning field goal. Throwing across his body into quad coverage is inexcusable.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:

This.
You left out "this is the most idiotic post in the thread"....Next to yours of course. Fault the guy? If he didn't throw a pick their chances of winning are worth betting on. If he runs it's almost a shoe in and if he hits the WIDE FUCKING OPEN GUY IN THE FLAT it's dam near a lock.

BUT NOOOOO BERT TOSSES YET ANOTHER INT! Just like clock work, during that drive I told the buddy next to me that Bert was going to toss a pick, I could feel it, hell everyone could fucking feel it.

As a QB you don't take fucking chances when you're in range, the last thing in the world you do is toss an INT, for fuck sake take a knee but not toss a pick. Stupid fucking hillbilly.

I bet you curled up in a fetal position and cried like a baby on that stupid fucking INT that cost them the game didn't ya MOR?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:

This.
You left out "this is the most idiotic post in the thread"....Next to yours of course. Fault the guy? If he didn't throw a pick their chances of winning are worth betting on. If he runs it's almost a shoe in and if he hits the WIDE FUCKING OPEN GUY IN THE FLAT it's dam near a lock.

BUT NOOOOO BERT TOSSES YET ANOTHER INT! Just like clock work, during that drive I told the buddy next to me that Bert was going to toss a pick, I could feel it, hell everyone could fucking feel it.

As a QB you don't take fucking chances when you're in range, the last thing in the world you do is toss an INT, for fuck sake take a knee but not toss a pick. Stupid fucking hillbilly.

I bet you curled up in a fetal position and cried like a baby on that stupid fucking INT that cost them the game didn't ya MOR?
The Ratt makes a great point.
I have seen multiple former & current NFL quarterbacks analyze the play and ever single one of them made sure to say that the pass should have never been thrown(against his body-across the middle of the field). He committed a cardinal sin(words from Aikman).
BF cemented his legacy and a gun-slinger.
This time around he cost his team a chance at the SB. The ultimate prize.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Throws just 7 picks.
Leads his team to a 12-4 record while having, arguably, the best season of his career.
Leads his team to the NFC Championship game and within one play of the Superbowl.

HOW HORRIBLE!
I am getting a little tired of hearing this one from the rapidly diminishing Farve Army.

His best season was the one where he didn't fuck up with a major league choke and actually won a Super Bowl ring. There's no further argument.

This season was "arguably" his biggest 21st century choke, but then, there's so many to choose from.
Statistically, it was his best season.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

Throws just 7 picks.

HOW HORRIBLE!

Statistically, it was his best season.

DenimAndLeather
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by DenimAndLeather »

LOL Favre really does look like a confused old man in that pic
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I hope Favre comes back. i never thought i would say that, but i know my team has another run in them.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

NeverSurrender wrote:I hope Favre comes back. i never thought i would say that, but i know my team has another run in them.
Another fumble.

Adrian who? Wasn't it you that said he's not only the best in football but one of the best ever?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

UtahRatt wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:I hope Favre comes back. i never thought i would say that, but i know my team has another run in them.
Another fumble.

Adrian who? Wasn't it you that said he's not only the best in football but one of the best ever?
There have been a few proclamations over the years.

Here's an interesting one.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=186493&start=30
thejuggernaut wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote: If AD had 25 of the 32 other starting qbs in the NFL, he would have had over 2,000 yds. He was the 5th fastest player ever to 3000 yds, and he has no passing game on his team. And a dumbass coach. I usually agree wioth you about the NFL, but you're wrong on this one. Only time will tell though. Yesterday he had 82 yds and two tds against the #3 defense, with 8 men in the bozx all day.
You know what else he does ?

He leads skill position players in fumbles.

He's a running back - he's supposed to be the best protector of the ball.

When you fumble the ball that much, you're not an elite anything.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

The longer I watch football the more I appreciate a guy like Emitt Smith. Not the flashiest, but always got positive yardage and kept the chains moving. If it was 3rd and 3 he always got 4 yards. He occasionally broke a big run, but he was as consistent in the 4-6 yard range as any RB I've seen. Some guys average 4.5 yards a carry by going 1, 3, -1, 25, -2, 1, etc... but Smith was always more like 3, 5, 4, 6, 4, and so on. I never liked the Cowboys, but I'd love to have a guy like that playing for the local team.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

UtahRatt wrote:
Another fumble.

He is one of the best in football. A few fumbles doesn't change that. I'm not the kind of guy who calls anybody the best ever after a couple of years, but I ama Vikes homer so you never know.

Walter Payton had more fumbles his first 3 years that AD has, and I think he was pretty good. Back to the point though. I don't see a better option that Bert.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Where's Adrian Peterson now? Beating the NFL with a stick to play again?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Favre - came back for one more humiliating season, retired in disgrace after multiple injuries and embarrassing sexual harassment misadventures.

Juggernaught- Banned, never came back?

Vikings - did not, in fact, have another run in them.

AP - reputation in tatters after he ruined his team's 2014 season cause he gets off on torturing young boys - NFL career all but over with no ring (just like every Vikings player in history).

P13- self-exile after being exposed as paying to lick bargain basement hooker ass

Neversurrender - overnight transformation (possibly triggered by this thread?) into tin foil hat wearing truther, still trying to convince rest of the world that anybody gives a shit about the Vikings, one of the least-storied franchises in NFL history, and still trembling with rage whenever anybody calls Whooping Room AP instead of AD.

A lot can happen in 5 years.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Crazy Levi wrote: Neversurrender - overnight transformation into tin foil hat wearing truther,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

This thread is sticky worthy.

:lol:

P13 - Statistically, it was his best season.

Levi - His best season was the one where he didn't fuck up with a major league choke and actually won a Super Bowl ring. There's no further argument.

Tag!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Isn't he the guy that was in 'There's something about Mary'?
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
*flick*
Wants to Sniff the Mod's G-String

Post by *flick* »

Favre > Marino
nycrue wrote:Magic Wand Original ‏@HitachiMagic 14 Feb 12
RT @hollywoodrose: the more I look at dating websites the more I know its gonna be just me and my @HitachiMagic for my whole life
*flick*

Post by *flick* »

And it's fucking Favre, not Farve.
RT @hollywoodrose: the more I look at dating websites the more I know its gonna be just me and my @HitachiMagic for my whole life
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

*flick* wrote:Favre > Marino
It's a reaching argument, both were great and I could see some people going with FaRve. With that said I'd say NO WAY. I'd bet the majority of players and writers would pick Marino as well.

Miami flat out sucked.
All Marino ever had was Clayton and Duper, after that he made average guys like O.J. McDuffie look good while dealing with shitty running backs like Sammie Smith. Marino could put the cross-hairs on a Bee but he never had a decent team. It was Miami Marino vs NFL

GreenBay had great teams.
Favre played on much better teams by far! RB's, TE's, WR's Donald Driver, Antonio Freeman, Javon Walker, Sterling Sharp, Mark Chmura, Bubba Franks INCLUDING Dorsey Levens and Ahman Green. On the Defensive side with the likes of Reggie White, Darren Sharper, LeRoy Butler...Desmond Howard was a special teams nuclear weapon and their SuperBowl MVP.

The year Brett Favre won the SuperBowl the Packers had the number one Defense with the fewest points allowed.

If Dan Marino was on those Green bay teams, they would have won Superbowl's.

-------------

Marino vs Elway would be a better argument.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

At times, Miami also had a fantastic offensive line. I believe they still hold the record for least sacks allowed in a season.

But, Miami never had a good running game.

I think Marino was better.
*flick*

Post by *flick* »

UtahRatt wrote:
*flick* wrote:Favre > Marino
It's a reaching argument, both were great and I could see some people going with FaRve. With that said I'd say NO WAY. I'd bet the majority of players and writers would pick Marino as well.

Miami flat out sucked.
All Marino ever had was Clayton and Duper, after that he made average guys like O.J. McDuffie look good while dealing with shitty running backs like Sammie Smith. Marino could put the cross-hairs on a Bee but he never had a decent team. It was Miami Marino vs NFL

GreenBay had great teams.
Favre played on much better teams by far! RB's, TE's, WR's Donald Driver, Antonio Freeman, Javon Walker, Sterling Sharp, Mark Chmura, Bubba Franks INCLUDING Dorsey Levens and Ahman Green. On the Defensive side with the likes of Reggie White, Darren Sharper, LeRoy Butler...Desmond Howard was a special teams nuclear weapon and their SuperBowl MVP.

The year Brett Favre won the SuperBowl the Packers had the number one Defense with the fewest points allowed.

If Dan Marino was on those Green bay teams, they would have won Superbowl's.

-------------

Marino vs Elway would be a better argument.
Elway has always been a giant gaping vag. He'd have never won any SB's without T. Davis.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

*flick* wrote:Elway has always been a giant gaping vag. He'd have never won any SB's without T. Davis.
They would have never made it to the SB without him.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I'd go with Marino as well. It always has struck me as being unfair in a way whenever you have a obviously HOF talent and you surround them with shit for the most part.

Sanders with the lions being another prime example. I'm glad that my Steelers have never done that for me as that's the kind of shit that just sucks all the enjoyment out of cheering for your favorite team.

UtahRatt would be a perfect fan to tell you all about that as the Raiders have sucked for several years consecutively. I will say that it looks like they may be finally turning shit around we'll just have to wait and see but I think their QB showed some promise last year and drafting Alabama's Cooper at WR could make for a potent duo.