Saints Fan's Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Saints Fan's Thread

Post by TravisBickelsMohawk »

I was born and raised in New Orleans so I'm very happy right now.

Here's some videos for the rest of us to enjoy. There are many more out there, but these two are my personal faves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJY-ywBzguw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdPi9oms77Y
Animals die to keep your fat ass alive.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Saints Fan's Thread

Post by Crazy Levi »

I'm a total bandwagon jumper. I'm a Redskins fan first and foremost but it's been a tough 2 decades there.

I do have connections to New Orleans....I go there all the time, one of my favorite cities, I've been to several games there, and it's been great to see how happy the Saints' success this year has made eveyone in that town. The Saints fanbase is a very diverse group, and this counts at the games.

There are Saints season tickets that cost $180 a season - $18 a game!!! - and they don't rape their fanbase with PSLs and such. So it's not just rich people at the games.

I attended both playoff games at the Superdome and it was an amazing experience and atmosphere. The NFC championship was the best game I've ever been to.

I also went to the Redskins Saints game, which was actually the best Redskins game of the year even though they blew it.

So who dat etc. etc...I'm sure for most the Saints will be the sentimental choice on Feb 7. Everybody knows they've never won shit...and it would bring joy to see yet another team win a Super Bowl before the Eagles.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

I hope the Saints win it and smash the fuck out of Manning like they did Favre. New Orleans deserves a championship.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

As a Patriots fan, a bunch of us went down to N.O. and saw the Saints destroy them. Became a "fan" that day because the team and their fans were class acts.
Not sure if they can beat the Colts, but I hope they do.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

I'll be rooting for the Saints, it's about time that city got a team to the bowl.

They sure could use Pat Swilling, Rickey Jackson and Sam Mills about now.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Post by TravisBickelsMohawk »

UtahRatt wrote:I'll be rooting for the Saints, it's about time that city got a team to the bowl.

Ratt, never thought I'd say this, but I love you. :)
Animals die to keep your fat ass alive.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

TravisBickelsMohawk wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:I'll be rooting for the Saints, it's about time that city got a team to the bowl.

Ratt, never thought I'd say this, but I love you. :)

poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Facedown wrote:As a Patriots fan, a bunch of us went down to N.O. and saw the Saints destroy them. Became a "fan" that day because the team and their fans were class acts.
Not sure if they can beat the Colts, but I hope they do.
Exactly...all you have to do is go to a Saints game and you fall in love the with the fan experience there.

There's none of the usual silliness that goes on at NFL games - people throwing batteries, food etc. at fans with the other teams' jersey on - it's just an all around party and they are some of the best hosts around. Everyone was shaking hands with the Minnesota Vikings fans as they were leaving on Sunday, I couldn't believe that sight.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Loser franchise.

I'm pulling for Indy, but I really don't care who wins.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

JakeYonkel wrote:Loser franchise.

Then you aren't pulling for Indy.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Living in Houston, New Orleans fandom is just a natural regional thing I guess. I don't know anyone locally that isn't pulling for them, myself included. Geaux Saints!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

JakeYonkel wrote:Loser franchise.

This isn't the superbowl thread ya fucktosser, no one gives a fuck who you're pulling for.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Even though I love watching Manning play, I hope the Saints win. Being a Lions fan, I can only hope that someday our shitty franchise make it to a Super Bowl.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

If any of you will be in uptown new orleans for game night, come by my bar!

(well...not MY bar per se, but you get the idea)

GEUAX SAINTS!
"FUN'S OVER."
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Redman77 wrote:Even though I love watching Manning play, I hope the Saints win. Being a Lions fan, I can only hope that someday our shitty franchise make it to a Super Bowl.
I wouldn't worry about it, the Lions won a bunch of championships back when there were 6 teams and everyone wore leather helmets.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

I'm an AFC fan...Bengals. But I'm pulling for The Saints in the Bowl. Indy and Manning in particular have had their glory. Let somebody else "win the big one". And it couldn't happen for a better city either. I'd love to be on Bourbon Street Superbowl night if The Saints pull off the upset...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
YYC
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by YYC »

As a Panthers fan, I hate the Saints, Falcons, and Bucs. Fuck'em. All the bandwagon-jumpers make me hate them even more. Every time I hear an announcer call them the new "America's Team" I roll my eyes.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

UtahRatt wrote:They sure could use Pat Swilling, Rickey Jackson and Sam Mills about now.
My family and I lived in New Orleans briefly when I was a very young child, so I always had a mild interest in what the Saints were doing; but I really latched onto them as "my" team in the late 80s when Bobby Hebert was throwing bombs to Eric Martin, Pat Swilling was thundering over linebackers, and the quoted Dome Patrol was shutting down offenses. (Plus, being a southerner, I kinda had to pick a southern team, and I detest the Falcons.) Hell, even though he was marginal at best, Bobby Hebert is still my all time favorite QB. It killed me to see him and Mort go to Atlanta... almost as bas as seeing Rickey Jackson and Toi Cook get SB rings with the fucking 49ers.

My gut says they don't have the defense to shut down Manning and company, but it's going to be awesome to see them try.
AcillateM
Drunken Beaner

Post by AcillateM »

bane wrote:Living in Houston, New Orleans fandom is just a natural regional thing I guess. I don't know anyone locally that isn't pulling for them, myself included. Geaux Saints!

Yep.
Landshark2000 wrote:
Mexicans don't swoon. They go "¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Epa¡ ¡Epa! ¡Epa! Yeehaw!"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

YYC wrote:As a Panthers fan, I hate the Saints, Falcons, and Bucs. Fuck'em. All the bandwagon-jumpers make me hate them even more. Every time I hear an announcer call them the new "America's Team" I roll my eyes.
Just because a lot of people think it's cool a new team is in the bowl don't mean they're on the fucking wagon. Thanks to you I hate the Panthers and I hope you fucking guys are forced to play Jake Delhomme till his new contract runs out.
Dana_Dubrow
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Dana_Dubrow »

Redman77 wrote:Even though I love watching Manning play, I hope the Saints win. Being a Lions fan, I can only hope that someday our shitty franchise make it to a Super Bowl.

Me too.
acefrehleysbeer wrote:I got a new hot glue gun for X-mas so her fartbox will be glued shut if she dont!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

tyke wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:They sure could use Pat Swilling, Rickey Jackson and Sam Mills about now.
My family and I lived in New Orleans briefly when I was a very young child, so I always had a mild interest in what the Saints were doing; but I really latched onto them as "my" team in the late 80s when Bobby Hebert was throwing bombs to Eric Martin, Pat Swilling was thundering over linebackers, and the quoted Dome Patrol was shutting down offenses. (Plus, being a southerner, I kinda had to pick a southern team, and I detest the Falcons.) Hell, even though he was marginal at best, Bobby Hebert is still my all time favorite QB. It killed me to see him and Mort go to Atlanta... almost as bas as seeing Rickey Jackson and Toi Cook get SB rings with the fucking 49ers.

My gut says they don't have the defense to shut down Manning and company, but it's going to be awesome to see them try.

That LB core destroyed running backs in their day and Hebert had games where he made Bernie Kosar look like Ryan Leaf.....Err......I dug that group. They're not my favorite team but I've always rooted for the Saints, as a football fan it's great to see them make it and if they win I can't lie, I'll get a little ecstatic.

Come Super Bowl XLIV, I'm a Saints fan.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

UtahRatt wrote:
tyke wrote:

That LB core destroyed running backs in their day and Hebert had games where he made Bernie Kosar look like Ryan Leaf.....Err......I dug that group. They're not my favorite team but I've always rooted for the Saints, as a football fan it's great to see them make it and if they win I can't lie, I'll get a little ecstatic.

Come Super Bowl XLIV, I'm a Saints fan.
So, in other words, you're a fair weather fan. Gotcha.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

poizond13 wrote:So, in other words, you're a fair weather fan. Gotcha.
I think you can take full credit for turning more people into Saints fans for this game...
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Luminiferous wrote:
I think you can take full credit for turning more people into Saints fans for this game...
That's great, just more people to stick it to after the Colts win.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Hey P13, the Cavs have the best winning pct. in the NBA right now. It's only the All Star Break... if you buy a hat now it might look broken in by the time the playoffs come around.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:
That's great, just more people to stick it to after the Colts win.
Because you'll be suiting up and contributing to the team how ?
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

JakeYonkel wrote:Hey P13, the Cavs have the best winning pct. in the NBA right now. It's only the All Star Break... if you buy a hat now it might look broken in by the time the playoffs come around.

Oh fuck off Jake.

He's a Lakers fan from way back, having endured the suffering of the Randy Pfund era.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

He's been furiously Googling "Kurt Rambis" all afternoon.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote:Hey P13, the Cavs have the best winning pct. in the NBA right now. It's only the All Star Break... if you buy a hat now it might look broken in by the time the playoffs come around.

Oh fuck off Jake.

He's a Lakers fan from way back, having endured the suffering of the Randy Pfund era.
This coming from the ultimate "fair weather fan." Everyone here knows you're only a Gators fan because of the success they've had.