Pro Bowl: The worst of the All-Star games?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Re: Pro Bowl: The worst of the All-Star games?

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

:lol: In February, expect THE BLACK MAMBA to put on a FUCKING SHOW at the NBA All Star Game...

Even fucking working fucking hurt.

----LIKE IT OR NOT NFL SHEEP, YOU KNOW I AM 100% FUCKING RIGHT----
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The NFL and most of it's players, fans and it's nutswingers are fucking dumbass sheep-like jokes.

The only thing the NFL has going for it are the few drunken cheerleaders I've fucked so far
Last edited by Subhuman Yeti on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Redman77 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote: If I wanted to watch fake bull shit competition with a bunch of prima donnas I'd watch wrestling.

It's fake you know™
Don't tell AngryJew that!

bane wrote:It's an exhibition. Who gives a fuck if it's truly competitive or not?
It's not about being competitive, it's about not being pathetic to watch, I've seen many in my life and last nights game made me sick for some odd reason. To me the allstar game is for the fans.

They need to make it be played for a reason since tradition isn't enough, didn't they change baseball not to long ago for this very reason? Home field advantage?

Make the losers be forced to play one more away game when faced against the other league the following year...Do something....Anything.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Meh. It's an all star game. None of them are worth a fuck. MLB's new rule is fucking retarded. Do you really think any of those guys give a shit about it? NFL players make an extra 20 grand if they win, that's incentive enough. Anybody getting seriously hurt in an exhibition game would be stupid. My team had 5 players in that game and I'd have been seriously pissed if one of them blew out a knee or something. I take it for what it is. It's a meaningless game that's meant to honor the best of the best of that year. That's all it's supposed to be.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bane wrote:Anybody getting seriously hurt in an exhibition game would be stupid.
Guess that's where we differ, it's not just an exhibition game and even if it was no one on this planet was entertained by last nights embarrassment. Before the salary inflation the talk of injury was simply part of the game, now it's a plastic bubble around every move.

The NFL wants more people interested in the ProBowl, so make it worth playing. With 40% of the players voted in not showing up it's obvious that 20 grand isn't a big deal to over paid athletes.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

UtahRatt wrote:
bane wrote:Anybody getting seriously hurt in an exhibition game would be stupid.
Guess that's where we differ, it's not just an exhibition game and even if it was no one on this planet was entertained by last nights embarrassment. Before the salary inflation the talk of injury was simply part of the game, now it's a plastic bubble around every move.

The NFL wants more people interested in the ProBowl, so make it worth playing. With 40% of the players voted in not showing up it's obvious that 20 grand isn't a big deal to over paid athletes.
Yeah, $20K to guys making $8-$10M a year is like giving one of us a quarter for the parking meeter. Nice gesture, but not really gonna change our lives. Hell, they get $25K fines for celebrating a TD - that doesn't even pay one fine.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

UtahRatt wrote:
Guess that's where we differ, it's not just an exhibition game
What else would you call it?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bane wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
Guess that's where we differ, it's not just an exhibition game
What else would you call it?
What they played yesterday? A joke?
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

If they played the Pro Bowl like Sean Taylor did, balls fucking out, then it would be worth watching.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:
Get over it dude. It's the All Star game. It's always sucked and it always will.

Do like every other football fan and ignore it.

There's a super bowl coming up you know...those guys might put a little more effort into it.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

To be fair, I wouldn't try either in a game that means nothing. Risking injury, possibly your career for the Pro Bowl? No way.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
Get over it dude. It's the All Star game. It's always sucked and it always will.

Do like every other football fan and ignore it.

There's a super bowl coming up you know...those guys might put a little more effort into it.
No it hasn't always sucked....Nowhere near this level of suckage.

Ignore it? Get over it? Have you noticed this is a discussion thread about the fucking pro bowl?

The NFL is trying to gain more interest towards the probowl and since people are playing the pussy card trying not to get hurt they need to make it more meaningful and not just tuning in to watch them collect a paycheck.

MickeyG wrote:To be fair, I wouldn't try either in a game that means nothing. Risking injury, possibly your career for the Pro Bowl? No way.
Then maybe they should be playing checkers. Better yet lets scrap the probowl, hell one of them could get hurt walking outta the tunnel.
I got it! If you want to pull the injury card maybe they should cut out full contact practice, scrimmages and the Pre Season! It's football for fucksake, not tightrope walking over a firepit without a net.

They do wear pads a helmet and play with rules.
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

I had it on but I wasn't really paying attention unless players from my team were in the game.