Jets, Giants fans....

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Jets, Giants fans....

Post by Tymaster »

JakeYonkel wrote:I can't speak much about hockey, but the Islanders are actually a bit of a trek out on Long Island. I really don't consider hockey much at all to be honest.

As for the Nets, I'm not sure. I haven't been to a game since probably 2000. I know the Knicks were always expensive as hell... the only game I've been to at MSG was a preseason one back in '98.
Hockey doesn't do much for me, but I know if the Columbus Blue Jackets don't start winning, people are going to stop going. Then it's off to Kansas City, and the entire downtown economy of Ohio's biggest city and capital is based on the Blue Jackets drawing people downtown.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

JakeYonkel wrote:I can't speak much about hockey, but the Islanders are actually a bit of a trek out on Long Island. I really don't consider hockey much at all to be honest.

As for the Nets, I'm not sure. I haven't been to a game since probably 2000. I know the Knicks were always expensive as hell... the only game I've been to at MSG was a preseason one back in '98.
The Islanders' arena is a mess and has been for a while. There's been some occasional upgrades and talk of bigger upgrades... but also talk of them moving into the Brooklyn arena spoken about earlier in this thread.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Garbageman wrote:

The Islanders' arena is a mess and has been for a while. There's been some occasional upgrades and talk of bigger upgrades... but also talk of them moving into the Brooklyn arena spoken about earlier in this thread.

Even though I'm a Ranger fan, having the Isles a 10 minute walk away would be cool. Only hang up: When they designed the new Nets arena in BK they didn't plan for hockey. how stupid is that? How could you not plan for bigger events? That's why this stadium isn't getting done, too many assholes who don't think are the ones running the show.
DenimAndLeather
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by DenimAndLeather »

As a Jets fan living in Jersey, I can't complain that they play in Jersey since the stadium is easier to get to when I have tickets. Plus the stadium isn't far from NYC, the skyline is visible from the parking lot.