Fuck the superbowl. Its a sport for faggots

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Re: Fuck the superbowl. Its a sport for faggots

Post by cantstopthemusic »

TweedleDumbAss wrote:college sports don't even rate.
Spoken like a true imbecile.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Nah, college sucks.

Roster turns over like every 2-3 years, so it's pointless to follow since the teams change. And the games mean nothing since it's not a pro sport. I know plenty of people like it, I just can not and have never been able to get into it. Totally uninteresting.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

JakeYonkel wrote:Nah, college sucks.

Roster turns over like every 2-3 years, so it's pointless to follow since the teams change. And the games mean nothing since it's not a pro sport. I know plenty of people like it, I just can not and have never been able to get into it. Totally uninteresting.
I agree. I never got the love for the college game, for the exact reasons you state.

Not to mention giving my Sundays up all fall is enough, Saturdays are for other shit.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

And then you get the guy that chimes in with "but they're playing for the love of the game!!!"

... or they're playing to make it to the NFL to make millions, no?

This applies to college basketball too, of course. Nobody gives a fuck about college baseball.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

JakeYonkel wrote:And then you get the guy that chimes in with "but they're playing for the love of the game!!!
Right...you can stow that shit after High School.

And even then most high school players are doing for their love of pussy or getting to skate in classes.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

JakeYonkel wrote:And then you get the guy that chimes in with "but they're playing for the love of the game!!!"

This applies to college basketball too, of course. Nobody gives a fuck about college baseball.

That, and the roster turnover plus the polling system generates innovation, making it a more enjoyable product than the vanilla product the big boys are forced to play.

Besides, you watch spring training.

:)
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

I have to agree with you guys about college sports. Fair enough if you have a connection to a college or have one locally that you shout for, but otherwise what's the point? And there's no need to waste all that time on tv showing it.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

thejuggernaut wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote:And then you get the guy that chimes in with "but they're playing for the love of the game!!!"

That, and the roster turnover plus the polling system generates innovation, making it a more enjoyable product than the vanilla product the big boys are forced to play.

Besides, you watch spring training.

:)
Guilty as charged. But remember I'm also in spring training land down here and after 4 months without MLB I'm almost in withdrawal.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

MickeyG wrote:I have to agree with you guys about college sports. Fair enough if you have a connection to a college or have one locally that you shout for, but otherwise what's the point? And there's no need to waste all that time on tv showing it.
No kidding, that bullshit is on every fucking channel on Saturdays for like months on end.

Now I went to college up north and my school's campus was D3, so admittedly we didn't give a shit about it.

In maybe '04 or '05 the other (black) campus made the NCAA tournament as literally the 64th seed. I actually watched that and actively rooted because I had a sense of pride.

But now living in the south, EVERYBODY watches this shit. Everybody here is either a Gators or Seminoles fan and it's all anybody cares about, and of course 99% of these people didn't go to either school. Maybe it's a southern thing, to a point.

I own a few Gators hats and stuff and of course when the exterminator comes or I'm at the post office the guy's always like "crazy game yesterday, right?" and I've got nooooo clue what the F he's talking about.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

JakeYonkel wrote:
MickeyG wrote:I have to agree with you guys about college sports. Fair enough if you have a connection to a college or have one locally that you shout for, but otherwise what's the point? And there's no need to waste all that time on tv showing it.
No kidding, that bullshit is on every fucking channel on Saturdays for like months on end.

Now I went to college up north and my school's campus was D3, so admittedly we didn't give a shit about it.

In maybe '04 or '05 the other (black) campus made the NCAA tournament as literally the 64th seed. I actually watched that and actively rooted because I had a sense of pride.

But now living in the south, EVERYBODY watches this shit. Everybody here is either a Gators or Seminoles fan and it's all anybody cares about, and of course 99% of these people didn't go to either school. Maybe it's a southern thing, to a point.

I own a few Gators hats and stuff and of course when the exterminator comes or I'm at the post office the guy's always like "crazy game yesterday, right?" and I've got nooooo clue what the F he's talking about.
LOL

And you wonder why people give you shit.

LOL
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

It's true though man.

Our campus was white bread as hell. Really really nice. Like three token black kids. D3 athletics.

About 20 miles north, on the NY border was the other campus. Ghetto as hell in a very industrial area. D1 athletics.

C'mon, you do the math!
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

JakeYonkel wrote:I own a few Gators hats and stuff and of course when the exterminator comes or I'm at the post office the guy's always like "crazy game yesterday, right?" and I've got noooo clue what the F he's talking about.
Yes, a pet peeve of mine that seemingly rubbed some people the wrong way.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=210483&start=150
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

I don't get the bias against anything except pro sports. College sports and minor league games can be fun to watch, especially if you live near a major college or AAA-level sports team.

A few of my favorite events are college and minor league. We have the NCAA Beanpot tournament here and it features many players who are bound for the NHL. And more often than not one of the teams will go to the Frozen Four, so it is a good calibre of hockey being played.

We have a half dozen AHL teams within a few hours drive, and again it's good calibre hockey for a fraction of the cost of a pro game. Good seats are easy to get at the last minute so it's easy to get a few friends together and catch a game.

And one of the best things around here is the Futures at Fenway game in August. It's a minor league doubleheader, with one game featuring the Pawtucket Red Sox (AAA) and the other either Portland (AA) or Lowell (A). The best seats in the house are $20 and they have the PawSox walking around meeting the kids during the first game.

And who doesn't like March Madness? Even if you don't have a team to root for the tournament is still one of the best sporting events of the year.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

thejuggernaut wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote:I own a few Gators hats and stuff and of course when the exterminator comes or I'm at the post office the guy's always like "crazy game yesterday, right?" and I've got noooo clue what the F he's talking about.
Yes, a pet peeve of mine that seemingly rubbed some people the wrong way.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=210483&start=150
Hahaha, excellent post there.

I'm a Yankee fan but I also have tons of Rays stuff, a Royals hat, etc.

I wouldn't wear Red Sox stuff but other than that I'll wear whatever.

My Puerto Rican brother in law has more sports hats than anyone I've ever known because he coordinates them by color with whatever else he's wearing. :lol: