Manning sulks off the field

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Manning sulks off the field

Post by thejuggernaut »

Without shaking hands.

Where are the "Belicheats" who complained about him doing it ?

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Manning sulks off the field

Post by Crazy Levi »

thejuggernaut wrote:Without shaking hands.

irrelevant. It's not Manning's responsibility to shake anybody's hand after losing the fucking Super Bowl, this isn't pop warner.

Only the coaches are obligated to do that.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:

irrelevant. It's not Manning's responsibility to shake anybody's hand after losing the fucking Super Bowl, this isn't pop warner.

BULLSHIT!!!
Manning is the leader of his team and should lead by example.
If a team wants to claim "they" win with class, the team should also
show class when they lose.
End of story!

I have not seen the footage, but if what was written is true, Manning showed very poor sportsmanship.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Crazy Levi wrote:

The 2 QBs usually meet for a handshake. Brees is friends with Manning's family. Peyton should have sought him out and congratulated him.
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

He was too preoccupied trying to think who he could blame the loss on,Stover or Baskett. Because,despite the pick 6, it certainly wasn't his fault,ya know. :D
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Cool.

What section of the rulebook is that in ?
PussinBoots36
In Retirement

Post by PussinBoots36 »

Is there footage of that? We were watching and the camera cut away from the quarterbacks. We even re-wound it and checked twice. They focused on confetti or some shit. I wondered if something had happened. If Peyton did do that I will be very disappointed. He should be a bigger person than that.
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."
--Jonathan Swift
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

thejuggernaut wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

Cool.

What section of the rulebook is that in ?
Does the rulebook say that the coaches have to shake hands, like it's a kids' game? I never got that about football. Every other sport, the game's over, your team congratulates eachother, and you're out of there. In football both team's pour into the center of the field and everybody's gotta say "hey what's up" to one another.

Manning may be a sore loser, who cares. He's not a jackass like Belicheat is, though, so he won't be vilified.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

JakeYonkel wrote:
Manning may be a sore loser, who cares. He's not a jackass like Belicheat is, though, so he won't be vilified.
He might not be a jackass like the pats coach, but if the alleged is true, he is working his way up to where the pats coach stands-as a #1 rated jackass.
There is no excuse why the colts qb could not shake hands like a gracious loser.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

Crazy Levi wrote:irrelevant. It's not Manning's responsibility to shake anybody's hand after losing the fucking Super Bowl, this isn't pop warner.

So that includes offensive and defensive coordinators?

They're coaches too ya know... :D
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Machado wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote:
He might not be a jackass like the pats coach, but if the alleged is true, he is working his way up to where the pats coach stands-as a #1 rated jackass.
There is no excuse why the colts qb could not shake hands like a gracious loser.
I don't care if he shook hands or not.

I don't care if the losing team pisses on the winning team's logo.

I just get a kick out of the fact that a lot of the people who claim Manning is a classy sportsman, are usually some of the most vocal whiners about Belichick not shaking hands.

They're right up there with those who say Brett "I'm too important to bother with training camp" Favre is down to earth.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

thejuggernaut wrote:
Machado wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote:
I don't care if he shook hands or not.

I just get a kick out of the fact that a lot of the people who claim Manning is a classy sportsman, are usually some of the most vocal whiners about Belichick not shaking hands.

They're right up there with those who say Brett "I'm too important to bother with training camp" Favre is down to earth.
I agree.
Those same people want it both ways.
Sorry! Does not work that way.

Manning once again proved that "he is not among the all time greatest qb's to play".
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Luminiferous wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:irrelevant. It's not Manning's responsibility to shake anybody's hand after losing the fucking Super Bowl, this isn't pop warner.

So that includes offensive and defensive coordinators?

They're coaches too ya know... :D
That reminds me. Using "Sludge Logic" there were 21 "Superbowl Winning Coaches" yesterday. If they all shook hands it would have made for a heck of a hand-shaking ceremony at the end of the game.
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

thejuggernaut wrote:

Why do you always do this? You make these stupid posts trying to "trap" people you have disagreements with into contradicting themselves. It's like you are some kind of prosecutor who retired 20 years ago and is in the early stages of dementia.

If you don't give a shit that Manning didn't shake hands with Brees, why do you have to make post mocking him for it? So you can lure some guy who likes Brett Farve into some kind of trap that will show what a hypocrite he is - wow, great explanation.

Retarded...and you call *ME* a troll :roll:
Last edited by Crazy Levi on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

"The stage is being set up for the celebration and it was time for the Saints to celebrate at midfield," Manning said. "They deserved the moment.''

Well, that pretty much puts that one to bed...

Next!
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

Why do you always do this? You make these stupid posts trying to "trap" people you have disagreements with into contradicting themselves. It's like you are some kind of prosecutor who retired 20 years ago and is in the early stages of dementia.

If you don't give a shit that Manning didn't shake hands with Brees, why do you have to make post mocking him for it? So you can lure some guy who likes Brett Farve into some kind of trap that will show what a hypocrite he is - wow, great explanation.

Why do you read these "stupid posts" when they're amazingly easy to avoid ?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

thejuggernaut wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

Another one of your favorite gambits, "If it's so lame, why do you read it?"

Well if you think I'm a troll, why do you read MY posts!

Oooooooo! I bet you weren't expecting that.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

So, should I expect the link of me saying you're a troll before or after you give us the link to the NFL rule book where it states that coaches are obligated to shake hands ?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

thejuggernaut wrote:

Oooooooo! I bet you weren't expecting that.[/quote]

So, should I expect the link of me saying you're a troll before or after you give us the link to the NFL rule book where it states that coaches are obligated to shake hands ?[/quote]

Here you go champ....

Oh sorry..."sort of a troll..."

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=218606&p=4537403&h ... t#p4537403
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote: Another one of your favorite gambits, "If it's so lame, why do you read it?"

So, should I expect the link of me saying you're a troll before or after you give us the link to the NFL rule book where it states that coaches are obligated to shake hands ?
Here you go champ....

Oh sorry..."sort of a troll..."

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=218606&p=4537403&h ... t#p4537403
Exactly.

And I personally don't really consider there to be such a thing.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Ok, then you are sort of an asshole...though I don't really believe in such things.
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

alecjonsludge wrote:He was too preoccupied trying to think who he could blame the loss on,Stover or Baskett. Because,despite the pick 6, it certainly wasn't his fault,ya know. :D

Its not hanks fault damn it!!!
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

tripsgirl wrote:
alecjonsludge wrote:He was too preoccupied trying to think who he could blame the loss on,Stover or Baskett. Because,despite the pick 6, it certainly wasn't his fault,ya know. :D

Hahahahahahaha!!!!
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:Ok, then you are sort of an asshole...though I don't really believe in such things.
Works for me.
DenimAndLeather
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by DenimAndLeather »

tripsgirl wrote:

LOL
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Just another female that is disappointed someone else could not
gain fame and $$$ for her to beg/borrow/steal.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

I don't think this is much of an issue. As soon as the Super Bowl ends, the yellow tape goes up and the losers are kicked to the curb. Never noticed it until the Panthers lost. :|
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

SkyDog112046 wrote:The 2 QBs usually meet for a handshake. Brees is friends with Manning's family. Peyton should have sought him out and congratulated him.
Machado wrote:There is no excuse why the colts qb could not shake hands like a gracious loser.

Just because you didn't see him do it on TV, doesn't mean it didn't happen (then, or later on).
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:The 2 QBs usually meet for a handshake. Brees is friends with Manning's family. Peyton should have sought him out and congratulated him.
Machado wrote:There is no excuse why the colts qb could not shake hands like a gracious loser.

Just because you didn't see him do it on TV, doesn't mean it didn't happen (then, or later on).
He didn't. He confirmed it with an incredibly lame PC story.