LAKERS WIN VS SPURS WITHOUT KOBE & BYNUM

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

grishnak boss
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

LAKERS WIN VS SPURS WITHOUT KOBE & BYNUM

Post by grishnak boss »

IF THEY ARE CAPABLE OF DOING THAT WITHOUT 2 KEY PLAYERS THEY ARE GONNA WIN IT ALL AGAIN THIS YR YOU STUPID FUCKS!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
johnk5150

Re: LAKERS WIN VS SPURS WITHOUT KOBE & BYNUM

Post by johnk5150 »

Spurmania is quite defeatable this year. They lost to the Bulls. They'll only go as far as Manu stays healthy.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

All 17 NBA fans are floored.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

A perfectly healthy Lakers team was unable to defeat the Cavs in two attempts this season....................
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

JakeYonkel wrote:All 17 NBA fans are floored.
I think the NBA is actually in the best shape it has been in a while. Although popularity soared in the mid to late 1990's, I think a lot of sports fans were bored with it, b/c we all knew Michael was gonna win it. The early 2000 Lakers did nothing for the overall popularity, b/c other than Shaq they weren't that likeable. Throw in Kobe the rapist, and it was bad. But now, there is pretty level playing field. The Magic, Celtics, and Cavs are all capable of going to the Finals. The Lakers dominate the West, but there is great young talent out there. The Cav's have completely captivated the city of Cleveland and the state of Ohio in general, so maybe I have my blinders on. I've always liked the Cavs, but for all of my life, with a few a exceptions (the Price/Daugherty era) the Cavs fell behind the Browns, Indians, Buckeyes, Reds, and Bengals on a statewide basis. Now the Cavs are on the front of every Ohio paper every day. It's almost surreal.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

You couldn't have found a bigger NBA fan than 13 year old me in like 1997.

The NBA was HOT back then. It was chock FULL of future Hall of Famers. (Jordan, Pippen, Malone, Stockton, Robinson, Ewing, Barkley, etc)

Fantastic rivalries - the Knicks/Pacers immediately come to mind.

And it was the last era before the thugs moved in and ruined the league.

I got turned off to basketball around the same time I got turned off from professional wrestling. In the WWF's case, I grew up. But either way they were churning out an inferior product that couldn't hold up to prior years.

And I'm sorry but aside from LeBron and Kobe none of these clowns compare.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

JakeYonkel wrote:You couldn't have found a bigger NBA fan than 13 year old me in like 1997.

The NBA was HOT back then. It was chock FULL of future Hall of Famers. (Jordan, Pippen, Malone, Stockton, Robinson, Ewing, Barkley, etc)

I got turned off to basketball around the same time I got turned off from professional wrestling. In the WWF's case, I grew up. But either way they were churning out an inferior product that couldn't hold up to prior years.

D Wade, Mello, the Bird Man, I think the league is great right now. And you're actually seeing teams play fundamental basketball. You're too young to remember the 80's. Trust me, it was better than the 90's. Not taking anything away from the Bulls. I actually went to some games in United Center to say " I saw that Dynasty" but it was always very anticlimactic.
In the 80's, in any one season the Rockets, Lakers, Sixers, Celtics and eventually the Pistons were all poised for the prize.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I dunno man.

Maybe I'll just go play some NBA Jam and cry.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

JakeYonkel wrote:I dunno man.

Maybe I'll just go play some NBA Jam and cry.
Haha. Jake, I can't tell ya what Magic and Bird did for the NBA. Before that rivalry, CBS carried NBA games on tape delay! Sometimes even playoff games. I remember dad and the bro-in-law waiting to watch a Cavs game that we already knew the outcome of LOL.Think about that for a second.....
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Yeah, that's pretty rough. But I guess 25 years ago it was doable.

Nowadays I feel like we know the results of games before they're even over.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

The Lakers know that they have to win, otherwise they get the wrath of Kobe in practice and behind closed doors.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

ParaDime77 wrote:The Lakers know that they have to win, otherwise they get the wrath of Kobe in practice and behind closed doors.

Outside of "LakerNation" I think everyone in the sports world NOT just Ohio, would enjoy seeing LBJ send Kobe home like the bitch he is. And then let Phil bitch about the officiating.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

They'd have to not lose to the Magic again to make that come true.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Redman77 wrote:They'd have to not lose to the Magic again to make that come true.
No disputing that. I think this team can do it. Even at age 38, Shaq fills the middle of the floor. It's up to Hickson, Z, Andy, and even LBJ to seal the deal though. Hedo killed us last year. Can't believe they let him go. We (the Cavs) can shut down Carter.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Tymaster wrote:
ParaDime77 wrote:The Lakers know that they have to win, otherwise they get the wrath of Kobe in practice and behind closed doors.

Outside of "LakerNation" I think everyone in the sports world NOT just Ohio, would enjoy seeing LBJ send Kobe home like the bitch he is. And then let Phil bitch about the officiating.
Not going to happen in a million years homie!!! They may dominate a weaker Eastern conference, but with that bench full of scabs, the Cavs could at best take 2 games from the Lakers in the finals. 2, I say.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

ParaDime77 wrote:
Tymaster wrote:

Not going to happen in a million years homie!!! They may dominate a weaker Eastern conference, but with that bench full of scabs, the Cavs could at best take 2 games from the Lakers in the finals. 2, I say.
We'll chat in June. That "bench of scrubs" didn't look as bad as the Lakers bench in two games this season. Oh, let me guess, "the regular season doesn't count."
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I don't care for Bynum, he's a man-bitch.

I need to see action by the Cavs this year, that sluggish 48 yr. old no free throw makin' bitch SHACK can suck a nut.
ImageImageImage
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Tymaster wrote:

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

KEEP DREAMING -

KOBE WILL WIN AT LEAST ANOTHER 3 RINGS BEFORE LEBRONZE GETS A TASTE OF A CHAMPIONSHIP

johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

JakeYonkel wrote:You couldn't have found a bigger NBA fan than 13 year old me in like 1997.

The rivalries are pretty dead. The # of GREAT players is less, but the number of REALLY FUCKING GOOD players is off the charts better than the 90s.

I can see the defensive rules changes bothering the casual fan.

$tevil
justinjc7
Headlining Clubs

Post by justinjc7 »

johnk5150 wrote:Spurmania is quite defeatable this year. They lost to the Bulls. They'll only go as far as Manu stays healthy.
I agree. I'm a diehard Spurs fan but the last two years have been dissapointing for us. We made some off season moves to get Mcdyess, Richard Jefferson, and draft Dejaun Blair and we still can't get anything going. At the beginning of the year Tim Legler picked the Spurs as a favorite to win the title but they are not playing like it at all. But who knows, the Spurs are a playoff team anyway, hopefully they can get it together
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

johnk5150 wrote:
The rivalries are pretty dead. The # of GREAT players is less, but the number of REALLY FUCKING GOOD players is off the charts better than the 90s.

Or maybe some people could realize that nostalgia is always sweet and accept reality.
ImageImageImage
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Skate4RnR wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

Or maybe some people could realize that nostalgia is always sweet and accept reality.
MOST people that believe they have an opinion of today's NBA don't watch the game. They cling to the Sprewell/Artest/Arenas incidents as an excuse for their underlying racist thoughts that it's a thug league. Which it was for about seven years after Jordan retired.

The bottom line is the NFL environment breeds a much more violent/criminal environment than the NBA and it isn't even close.

$tevil
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Skate4RnR wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

The NFL is better than it was 10 years ago. So is baseball. The NBA? No.

You wanna call it racist, fine, whatever. It's probably not a huge coincidence that these shootings and dumb shit like that almost entirely happen to NBA and NFL players, and not MLB or NHL.

What defensive changes are you talking about?
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

justinjc7 wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Spurmania is quite defeatable this year. They lost to the Bulls. They'll only go as far as Manu stays healthy.
I agree. I'm a diehard Spurs fan but the last two years have been dissapointing for us. We made some off season moves to get Mcdyess, Richard Jefferson, and draft Dejaun Blair and we still can't get anything going. At the beginning of the year Tim Legler picked the Spurs as a favorite to win the title but they are not playing like it at all. But who knows, the Spurs are a playoff team anyway, hopefully they can get it together

grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

JakeYonkel wrote:The NFL is better than it was 10 years ago. So is baseball. The NBA? No.

You wanna call it racist, fine, whatever. It's probably not a huge coincidence that these shootings and dumb shit like that almost entirely happen to NBA and NFL players, and not MLB or NHL.
LMAO @ JAKE AND HIS OPINION BASED ON SKIN COLOR.

FUCK OFF IDIOT.

JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Not an opinion man. It's a fact.
justinjc7
Headlining Clubs

Post by justinjc7 »

grishnak boss wrote:
justinjc7 wrote:

At the beginning of the year before any games were played that was in no way a far fetched idea considering the off season aquistions they got
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

JakeYonkel wrote:
Skate4RnR wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

The NFL is better than it was 10 years ago. So is baseball. The NBA? No.

What defensive changes are you talking about?
The NFL police blotter beats the other three major sports combined and it isn't even close.

$tevil
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

johnk5150 wrote:
Skate4RnR wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

MOST people that believe they have an opinion of today's NBA don't watch the game. They cling to the Sprewell/Artest/Arenas incidents as an excuse for their underlying racist thoughts that it's a thug league. Which it was for about seven years after Jordan retired.

The bottom line is the NFL environment breeds a much more violent/criminal environment than the NBA and it isn't even close.
This is probably true. It seemed like a Bengal was arrested every week for a while there.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

johnk5150 wrote:MOST people that believe they have an opinion of today's NBA don't watch the game. They cling to the Sprewell/Artest/Arenas incidents as an excuse for their underlying racist thoughts that it's a thug league. Which it was for about seven years after Jordan retired.

I agree. They're not angels in the NBA but as seen with the recent gun charge catastrophe the league doesn't put up with much bullshit. You'll never see Melo bully a fan again, I know that. What, they sat his ass out for about half the season didn't they? That's a lot of fucking games and it REALLY hurt him and the franchise.

I do agree with Jake though in this serious conversation. The WWF/E isn't the same. :lol: I miss that shit.
ImageImageImage