A Colts sportswriter suffers from a sandy vag...

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NickasInSaltLick
The Fat Man of Steel

A Colts sportswriter suffers from a sandy vag...

Post by NickasInSaltLick »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3424 ... -pool#poll
P13 probably wrote:Saints Win Super Bowl, but Onside Kick Was Dirty Pool
by Steve Montana

Ah, what could take away the joy of watching two great quarterbacks duel it out in a Super Bowl, having a snack at half-time anticipating seeing Peyton Manning and the Colts drive down field with the first second-half possession after making their usual adept adjustments during the break?

Dirty pool by Sean Payton, in the form of an onside kick to start the second half, could take away that joy.

When the Saints won the coin toss and elected to receive the ball to start the game, they made their choice. The other team gets to receive the ball to start the second half, but the Colts never received the ball. It was stolen from them on a cheap and dirty onside kick.

Although it was a legal play by existing NFL rules, there has always been an unwritten rule, a gentleman's rule that you do not attempt an onside kick to start a half.

At any other time on a kickoff, fine, but when you win the coin toss, you only get to receive the ball to start a half once. You don't get to break the rack in nine-ball 2 times in a row.

That would be greedy.

While many see Sean Payton's gamble as a tribute to his genius and will hail him for his aggressiveness, I see it as blemish on an otherwise respectable game between two evenly-matched teams.

To be a true champion, you play the game between the lines. There is no need to resort to cheap tricks. Let there be no mistake: the Saints outplayed the Colts and deserved to win for the most part.

I say for "the most part" because the game was in the balance until late in the fourth quarter. During Sean Payton's Monday morning news conference on NFL network, he appeared humble.

Perhaps he felt somewhere inside that his decision did not need to be made to win, but since it had been made, a lot of people will forever associate this game and him as a coach with that play.

As I see it, the play did not determine the ultimate outcome. It could be argued by some that it greatly affected the outcome.

If the Colts had received a regular kickoff, and they had scored a TD, it would have been 17-6 Colts rather than the 13-10 Saints that it did indeed become when the Saints drove the field.

That does not mean that the Colts would have won.

The Saints could have mounted a comeback. After all, they showed that they had the greater will to win, the greater hunger to lift the Lombardi trophy.

Was it really a gamble by Payton?

With the Colts adeptness at making half-time adjustments, it was looming pretty large that they were going to drive for a touchdown on their first second-half possession.

If the Colts were likely to score anyway, gambling on an onside kick that could have given the Colts the ball at the Saints own 40-yard line didn't really have that much downside anyway.

Finally, there is the question of who actually recovered the ball. The ball bounced around a few times and led to one of the ugliest and worst regulated scrums in NFL history.

The officials did very little to pull players off the pile. Small fights were breaking out at the sides without flags being thrown. The last we saw of the ball on replays it was between the legs of one prone Saints player and Hank Baskett was diving on top of it.

Is this what we want in a Super Bowl?

To throw scraps of food into the air of a courtyard and watch wild dogs go at it. The onside was not only a blemish on the game for being a cheap and dirty parlor trick. It was also a blemish because it was not a clean play. It was not a clean recovery of a live ball. Is that what we wish to see in the NFL on its greatest stage?

I think not.

My proposal then is that the NFL needs to make a rule change to prevent what happened in Sunday's Super Bowl between the Colts and the Saints from ever occurring again.

Starting next season, an onside kick may be attempted on any kickoff except for those starting a half. There's no point in having a coin toss if the team that wins it can decide, "Screw it! We are going to take the ball to start the second half too."

Sludgeaholic of the Month - May 2004
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Re: A Colts sportswriter suffers from a sandy vag...

Post by SkyDog112046 »

P13 didn't write that. Bill Polian did. Welcome to the next rule change for 2010.

Seriously, that article is douchery of the highest degree.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

I hope the fucking roof collapses at their stadium during a home game. Fucking douchebags.

I hope that whiny inbred of QB gets raped with a chainsaw.

I HATE THIS FUCKING TEAM, CITY AND FANBASE!

Fuck, I hate the color blue now as well.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

I say he should be fired for making those statements, but he already works in Indianapolis, cant be demoted much more
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Holy shit, I've heard of sour grapes before but that's beyond ridiculous. That guy needs his inbox flooded.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

I REALLY hope Indy's own fans run that moron out of town on a rail. If he's a beat writer, the Colts need to take his press pass. That's the most ridiculous case of ass hurt I've ever read. What's next, fake field goals are unsportsmanlike? You must punt on 4th and 1? How about we do away with play action, because, you know, it's trickery, and Lord knows, we don't want that!
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

What a faggot.

The only "gentleman's agreement" I am aware of concerning onside kicks is you don't do one with a lead. Even then, it has to be a substantial lead ie "trying to run up the score"

lords of fubar
Headlining Clubs

Post by lords of fubar »

hello..colts fan here....(fuck you crazy levi)<<<<<sorry had nothing to do with the post but i had to say it.......Dirty pool????? hell no...great play call IMHO, turned the tide of the game and basically won the saints the super bowl.....great fucking play call....wish we had done it, maybe we would have won the game........shakes head----dirty pool.....give me a break...the same kind of sneaky shit peyton does when he catches 12 guys on the field and he yells "attack"...free 5 yard penalty....great call, i love it everytime peyton does it.....we just got out called.....onside kick to begin the second half........damn genius play....
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

What a douchebag.

And if the Colts had elected (for some odd reason) to onside the opening kickoff to New Orleans, which they also had the opportunity to do? Then what?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Someone with some P.I. skills needs to find his e-mail address and share
it with the locker room.

Who is this guy kidding?

"Unwritten Rule"

"Dirty Pool"

"Greedy"

Isn't an onside kick between the lines?

No chance this article is legit. Has to be a fugazi
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

You can sign up to post a comment to him...

http://bleacherreport.com/users/249680-steve-montana
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

tripsgirl wrote:You can sign up to post a comment to him...

http://bleacherreport.com/users/249680-steve-montana
No thanks! I would rather e-mail the moron directly
and share my thoughts.

The site has a poll regarding if there should be a rule change.
I think, I think 92% have said "no", :lol: :lol:
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Post by TravisBickelsMohawk »

Amazing how losing a major sporting event can turn your brain into complete shit. And I'm not feeling any shaudenfreude for the Colts. How many times have the Saints screwed up? There's not enough room on this thread to list them all. But after reading crap like this, I will start gloating. The Colts got their asses handed to them fair and square. To deny that in a pointless, long-winded rant is retarded.
Animals die to keep your fat ass alive.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

TravisBickelsMohawk wrote:

Amazing how losing a major sporting event can turn your brain into complete shit. And I'm not feeling any shaudenfreude for the Colts. How many times have the Saints screwed up? There's not enough room on this thread to list them all. But after reading crap like this, I will start gloating. The Colts got their asses handed to them fair and square. To deny that in a pointless, long-winded rant is retarded.

What's next from the Indianapolis media-Declare a rule change that says the team with the least amount of points at the end of the game is declared the "winner", :lol: :lol:

I have to meet this "contributor". No way this person makes a living writing about sports.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

NickasInSaltLick wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3424 ... -pool#poll
P13 probably wrote:Saints Win Super Bowl, but Onside Kick Was Dirty Pool
:D
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
justinjc7
Headlining Clubs

Post by justinjc7 »

Wow. That is easily one of the stupidest things I've ever heard any one in the sports world say. That's just the rules of the game, tough shit. If you can't recover the kickoff you don't get the ball. It's amazing how much of a sore loser some people can be. You lost the game, face it
McGuirk
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by McGuirk »

Guys, ANYONE can write for Bleacher Report. Hell, I have a few articles. It's a mix of social networking, journalism, sports, and crying.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Articles like that, are why I DO NOT follow the bleacher report. Anyone, anyone can write on that site. Stereotypical, big, dumb, jocks consider it "sports journalism."
Really, it's akin to someone considering Blabbermouth "music journalism." Even all of us low life sludgers know that isn't so.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Only buttfucking cornholers write there, what more proof do you need?
ImageImageImage
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Holy fuck that can't be for real.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Tymaster wrote:Anyone, anyone can write on that site.
So it probably WAS Peetard13...
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Luminiferous wrote:
Tymaster wrote:Anyone, anyone can write on that site.
So it probably WAS Peetard13...
:lol: Probably!
ImageImageImage
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Skate4RnR wrote:Only buttfucking cornholers write there, what more proof do you need?

So what name do you write under there?
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

chungasrevenge wrote:I hope the fucking roof collapses at their stadium during a home game. Fucking douchebags.

I hope that whiny inbred of QB gets raped with a chainsaw.

I HATE THIS FUCKING TEAM, CITY AND FANBASE!

Fuck, I hate the color blue now as well.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bigpaparob74
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by bigpaparob74 »

I live in Indy and hate the Colts. I have never heard of this guy or the website.

He is a tool...plain and simple. Typical Colts fan though.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

That guy is stupid bitch, mind you for a couple of days Big Ben didnt get in and Darrell Jackson never committed any PI in my mind so I know where he is coming from.
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Unreal. What a whiny bitch, with a major case of Bitter Beer Face.

:lol: Douchebag. You all know damn well if the (horse) shoe was on the other hoof, he'd be singing Caldwell's praises.
Fuck sigs.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
bobbystoney
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by bobbystoney »

:lol: I'd buy that shirt in a heartbeat, just to piss off all the Colts fans around here.