Dougas vs Mike Tyson 20 yrs ago, ESPN.COM

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Re: Dougas vs Mike Tyson 20 yrs ago, ESPN.COM

Post by thejuggernaut »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:The first one that comes to mind is Holyfield being the #1 contender for TWO YEARS and offering a $25 million winner take all fight.

Wrong again. Holyfield did not become the #1 Contender until July of 89 when he beat Adilson Rodrigues. Tyson even dropped his proposed 89 fight with Ruddock in order to fight Holyfield, but Holyfield ended up taking the fight with Alex Stewart. Then Tyson took the fight against Douglas and lost.

Holyfield was not the #1 Contender for two years. More made up bullshit from you.

So there are no fixes in boxing unless it is documented. OK.
LMFAO, if you make the claim that some or all of Tyson's opponents were paid to fall down, you're damn right you have to provide proof.

Are you kidding?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the WWE is real.
Nice straw man
ALL fights, especially those involving Don King's fighters, are on the up and up. Every fight is legit. There was nothing crooked about JCC vs Sweet Pea. Nothing crooked about Holyfield vs Lewis 1.
You are just babbling now, Pumpkin Tits. We aren't talking about Holyfield and Lewis. We are talking about Tyson. You said some of the people he fought were paid off. Who?

And while you are working on that you still haven't posted the real contenders that were supposed to fight Tyson but he ducked. Your two year #1 contender Holyfield bullshit notwithstanding.

Pumpkin tits huh ? Good one. I'm sure an internet loudmouth who thinks baseball players don't need endurance is the epitome of conditioning.

You still haven't provided:

Reasons why baseball players don't need endurance.

Where I said Douglas is the most underrated fighter of all time.

Where I said McCall and Lewis had a 3 fight contract.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

So, you can't back up any of your claims about Tyson. Gotcha. I do like reading your double talk, babble, and made-up factoids though. You are really good at that. The two year #1 contender Holyfield thing was great though. I think you've watched The Great White Hype a few too many times.

FUCKING PRICELESS!
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:So, you can't back up any of your claims about Tyson. Gotcha. I do like reading your double talk, babble, and made-up factoids though. You are really good at that. The two year #1 contender Holyfield thing was great though. I think you've watched The Great White Hype a few too many times.

FUCKING PRICELESS!
Well, I am trying. If I study your posts enough, one day I might get to be as good of a bullshitting, babbling double talker as you are.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

thejuggernaut wrote:
SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:So, you can't back up any of your claims about Tyson. Gotcha. I do like reading your double talk, babble, and made-up factoids though. You are really good at that. The two year #1 contender Holyfield thing was great though. I think you've watched The Great White Hype a few too many times.

FUCKING PRICELESS!
Well, I am trying. If I study your posts enough, one day I might get to be as good of a bullshitting, babbling double talker as you are.

But you're already the Queen!
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

FUCKING PRICELESS!

But you're already the Queen!
Alas, not the King.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

thejuggernaut wrote:
Alas, not the King.

No, King Itwalks was banned. You'll make a fine ruler though.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Why not have a bet and the loser leaves sludge?

Both provide proof of the claims you have made, if one fails it's bye bye to them. If you both fail, you both go and everyone else wins. :lol:
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

thejuggernaut wrote:You still haven't provided:

You have got to be joking, except for the pitcher and catcher positions.

Flexibility? Yes. Endurance? Not so much.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:You still haven't provided:

You have got to be joking, except for the pitcher and catcher positions.

Flexibility? Yes. Endurance? Not so much.

Well, at least you didn't name two specific examples of endurance being required in the sport.

I suppose to someone who plays beer league softball every Sunday, things like 162 games in a 200 day span, with road trips up to 20 days aren't exhausting at all, right ?
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

thejuggernaut wrote:things like 162 games in a 200 day span, with road trips up to 20 days aren't exhausting at all, right ?
Not particularly. No.

It's not like they are traveling by bus, or something.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:things like 162 games in a 200 day span, with road trips up to 20 days aren't exhausting at all, right ?
Not particularly. No.

Yeah, air travel every few days is so much more relaxing.

YOU must be the one who's joking.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

FUCKING PRICELESS!
This is the part where Juggs CAN'T back up his assertion that Tyson didn't take on all comers, and where Juggs CAN'T back up his ridiculous assertion that Tyson benefited from fixed fights.

So he wants instead to argue for pages about Mcguire and Steriods, which of course has nothing to do with this.

Classic Juggs.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

thejuggernaut wrote:
cantstopthemusic wrote:
Not particularly. No.

Yeah, air travel every few days is so much more relaxing.

YOU must be the one who's joking.
It's not physically "wearing", whatsoever - unless you're talking about the first day after a cross-country flight. They're not running a marathon. They're playing a game that mostly involves lots of time standing around, so even after that it's not like it's any big deal. You get used to it.
Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Frett_Bored »

Actually, Douglas is back down to about 240 now. He looks good.

Tucker gave Douglas the blueprint -- jab and move and clinch.

Tucker was doing well early against Tyson, until he broke his hand in the 4th round. That's why he didn't do much the rest of the fight and just tried to survive.

I honestly believe Buster would've beat Tyson even if Rooney was in his corner.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Crazy Levi wrote:

FUCKING PRICELESS!
This is the part where Juggs CAN'T back up his assertion that Tyson didn't take on all comers, and where Juggs CAN'T back up his ridiculous assertion that Tyson benefited from fixed fights.

So he wants instead to argue for pages about Mcguire and Steriods, which of course has nothing to do with this.

Classic Juggs.
Oh, look, "Levi" the super athlete still hanging around the locker room making off topic rants about people talking about things off topic.

Classic Levi
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
It's not physically "wearing", whatsoever - unless you're talking about the first day after a cross-country flight. They're not running a marathon. They're playing a game that mostly involves lots of time standing around, so even after that it's not like it's any big deal. You get used to it.
You seem to be confusing muscular endurance with cardio vascular endurance.

It's a game that mostly uses fast twitch muscle fibers, over and over again for an extended period of time with little rest.

But, we already know all of this. There's a reason why you hear about concepts such as a player breaking down/wearing down as the season progresses.

Do you need endurance to complete 1 single game of baseball ? Unless you're a pitcher or catcher, no, not really if you don't care. Although, if you're an outfielder you most certainly won't have the same pep in your swings in inning 9 as you did in inning 1.

Do you need endurance to complete 162 games in a 200 day span, spending 1/2 that time traveling? If you don't care about a "late season swoon" and we're just talking about notching that 162nd game, regardless of performance, then I guess you probably don't need endurance. However, since we're talking about professionals, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they at least somewhat care about about remaining as productive during the stretch run of the reason and into the playoffs as they were in mid season.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

thejuggernaut wrote: 10 paragraphs of condescending bullshit.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

gr8twhte wrote:One sentence of whiny faggotery like always.