Your favourite wrestling memories?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DoubleVodkas
Opening for Slaughter

Your favourite wrestling memories?

Post by DoubleVodkas »

I haven't watched any form of wrestling for over eight years now but was flicking through the channels and caught the back end of RAW. It didn't do anything for me and my Dad who was with me said 'I remember when you used to love The Ultimate Warrior'. This sparked off a search on youtube and some nostalgia of times when things were more simple.

What are your favourite wrestling memories? Here is a few of mine.

Ultimate Warrior comeback at WM8. 1.40-45 was epic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELC0vAbBVvI

Kane Makes His Debut At Bad Blood 1997
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ef3hvBNR8

Undertaker vs Yokozuna Buried Alive match. He will not rest in peace!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmIcSwzx ... re=related

and my favourite...

Shawn Michaels Zipline entrance WM12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geY_1nzT3-w

All this shit was great entertainment as a young teen.
McMahon was an excellent commentator. Really got the moment across at pivotal points.
My strength is as the strength of ten because my heart is pure. -Tennyson
madmaxfan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Re: Your favourite wrestling memories?

Post by madmaxfan »

Mine would be Wrestlemania 3 at the Pontiac Silverdome. I was sooooo far away I could barely see the ring but it was at the time the greatest thing to ever happen to me.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I was at WrestleMania X, the first WM without Hulk Hogan. I remember going bonkers during the Razor/Michaels ladder match, and shitting my 10 year old pants when Yokozuna fell off the middle rope and Bret Hart pinned him for the title.
thewonkytits
Headlining Clubs

Post by thewonkytits »

The first wrestling match I went to was in 1976. I was 8 years old and my brother was 12. THe main event was Andre The Giant VS. Ernie "big Cat" Ladd.
I remember we were standing outside the locker room to get Andre's autograph as he made his way to the ring. The next thing we know, he comes busting through the door and was running to the ring. He knocked my brother down (by accident) and he stopped and helped him up (didn't say a word), and continued running to the ring.
We didn't get an autograph, but my brother was THRILLED he got knocked down by Andre. We still talk about that! I remember thinking that was the greatest day of my life!
Navi666
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Navi666 »

Remember kids: Kick a puppy dog, push an old lady down. Goodnight!
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

I know this is more modern....but when Rock got his big push in 1998. I was watching RAW and it was like a tag match, and Rock laid a rock bottom on the Undertaker. I was like 13, flipping out. You could literally feel Rock going from midcarder to superstar at that moment.

After that, I'd say Rock v. Hogan at Wrestlemania.
"FUN'S OVER."
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

I was at Wrestmania 12, it was an awesome entrance for sure, and the overtime superkick for the win!

best for me two

thinking wrestling was real still, seeing Hulk Hogan vs One Man Gang 4th row, I fell for everything, Hulk losing, then Hulking up for the win was just the best

going to the Ultimate Warrior University day camp in Arizona in 95,,,he asked at the end of the day for a someone to get in the ring with him, he picked me, 1 of 20 or so. I learned the basics that day and was in the ring with him, taking bumps and a few chops on him, then he Warrior closelined me 3 times, and A Warrior splash!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Growing out of that stupid shit when I was 12.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

UtahRatt wrote:Growing out of that stupid shit when I was 12.
This. Seriously, once I realized it was fixed it was no longer any fun. How adults get into this "sport" I will never get. When I was 10, I saw a great card at the old Ohio Center (Battelle Hall). They had great cards monthly. For whatever reason they rarely filled the 5,000 seat arena up, and there were never any television crews. This blew my 10 year old mind. Well at any rate, after a night of great fights, including a main event that saw Bret Hart and the Macho Man, and somehow Andre the Giant (don't ask for all of the details, I was ten) I thought wrestling was real "cool." Then, about two weeks later, the exact same card was on NBC's "Saturday Night Main Event." Of course it was in a different city on a different night, but every fight went EXACTLY as it did in Columbus. Right down to when Koko B. Ware got spit on by Big John Studd. That's when I realized that my dad took his son to what was essentially a dress rehearsal for a televised match. It was kind of like when you find out your fat uncle is the guy that pretends to be Santa. I never watched wrestling again.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

For me, it's a television show with simulated violence.
I enjoy it on that level. It's fun for me to watch the horrible stuff as much as the better-quality stuff.
I'd rather watch wrestling than some horribly-written, never-funny show like Scrubs.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

And on that same point, one of my favorite wrestling memories was the moment I realized it was fake. I was 8 years old, and Bobby Heenan was wrestling Spike Huber on Sunday morning TV. I saw Heenan mouth the word "dropkick" to Huber and then Huber dropkicked him. I turned to my Dad, who was reading the paper, and said "DAD! He told him to dropkick him!!" and my Dad, without looking up from the paper, said "Yeah, no kidding....it's fake".
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Lardbucket wrote:For me, it's a television show with simulated violence.
I enjoy it on that level. It's fun for me to watch the horrible stuff as much as the better-quality stuff.
I'd rather watch wrestling than some horribly-written, never-funny show like Scrubs.
Yes, I realize that most wrestling fans realize it's fiction and they enjoy it as such. For me though, I'd rather watch well written science-fiction (Star Trek), fantasy (Highlander), or comedy (The Office.) To each their own. And although "pro" wrestlers have athleticism, I do not believe "pro wrestling" belongs in the locker room.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

:lol:

I hung on til I was 16. Then I discovered this thing called "vagina."
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

JakeYonkel wrote:
:lol:

I hung on til I was 16. Then I discovered this thing called "vagina."
Well. That happens to all of us males. Then it is truly "hit and miss" as to whether or not the discovery was a good thing. LOL.
YYC

Post by YYC »

Some of my favorite moments:

Nikita Koloff giving the sickle to David Crockett

Jericho winning the Undisputed Title

Barry Windham turning on Luger and joining the Horsemen

Ricky Steamboat beating Flair for the NWA title

The Horsemen tying Dusty to his plumber's truck and beating him down in the parking lot

Austin 3:16 says you just pissed your pants

Jericho's Raw debut

HBK/Undertaker at Mania

Brett hiding the metal plate under his hockey jersey when Goldberg speared him

Booker T dressed as a lumberjack

Foley vs Rock "I Quit" match when Foley took all those unprotected chairshots.

Sid breaking his leg
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
DoubleVodkas
Opening for Slaughter

Post by DoubleVodkas »

Yes, we do get old and now it is shit. It can be puerile,offensive and degrading but back when we were young this was the shit. I know now McMahon is a cunt but then it was Heroes V Villains and I lapped that shit up.
My strength is as the strength of ten because my heart is pure. -Tennyson
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Tymaster wrote:
This. Seriously, once I realized it was fixed it was no longer any fun. How adults get into this "sport" I will never get. When I was 10, I saw a great card at the old Ohio Center (Battelle Hall). They had great cards monthly. For whatever reason they rarely filled the 5,000 seat arena up, and there were never any television crews. This blew my 10 year old mind. Well at any rate, after a night of great fights, including a main event that saw Bret Hart and the Macho Man, and somehow Andre the Giant (don't ask for all of the details, I was ten) I thought wrestling was real "cool." Then, about two weeks later, the exact same card was on NBC's "Saturday Night Main Event." Of course it was in a different city on a different night, but every fight went EXACTLY as it did in Columbus. Right down to when Koko B. Ware got spit on by Big John Studd. That's when I realized that my dad took his son to what was essentially a dress rehearsal for a televised match. It was kind of like when you find out your fat uncle is the guy that pretends to be Santa. I never watched wrestling again.
Mark. :lol:

And we've been over this "wrestling doesn't belong in the locker room" stuff a gazillion times now. This is where the mod determined it belongs. What I don't understand is people hating it so bad that they begrudge those of us who like it.

No offense...just how I see it.

Back on topic, finding out it was fake only made me like it more. It all made sense once I came to that realization.

I have WAY too many "wrestling memories" to start listing them. It's no secret it's one of my guilty pleasures. I love a good football or baseball game as much as the next guy, but wrassling makes me feel like a perpetual kid...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I was at the house show that Marty Jannetty and the 1-2-3 Kid beat the Quebecers for the tag belts a week before Royal Rumble '94.

That was nuts because title belts NEVER changed hands at house shows, where it was obviously not televised. I was a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Jannetty fan and was was just getting on the 1-2-3 Kid bandwagon.

In fact when I went to WrestleMania 11 the following year I had a red 1-2-3 Kid hat and I wish I could find the picture of me wearing it in front of the parked WWF trucks. Just awful.

WrestleMania 11 SUCKED, incidentally. I was at 10 which was fantastic, of course. But 11 was just terrible. There were SEVEN fucking matches. Back in the heyday, at WMs 4-7 or so, there were like 20 matches each!

I do remember bumping into Chris Spielman in the big area where they kept everybody waiting until they let them into the actual arena at the Hartford Civic Center. Of course he was in Lawrence Taylor's corner for the match against Bam Bam Bigelow. That guy's neck was like 40 inches around.

I remember the ease at which my dad got us tickets for WM 10 & 11. I think he got them both a week or two before the event. Flash forward to around 2000 or so and it was IMPOSSIBLE to get tickets for anything. We overpaid to go to Royal Rumble 2000. That was the last event I went to.

Oh, and one more 'memory' that could have been... I was at a Monday Night Raw taping in October 99 where, on the card that they gave you with the program, Droz was scheduled to wrestle D-Lo Brown. They had to cut that match because of time constraints. Instead they had the match the following night at the Smackdown tapings... and we all know what happened then.
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

JakeYonkel wrote: Oh, and one more 'memory' that could have been... I was at a Monday Night Raw taping in October 99 where, on the card that they gave you with the program, Droz was scheduled to wrestle D-Lo Brown. They had to cut that match because of time constraints. Instead they had the match the following night at the Smackdown tapings... and we all know what happened then.
I don't! Please elaborate!
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

back in the day when stampede wrestling came to town it was awesome. the harts, dynamite kid, honky tonk, david shultz, davy boy smith, hiro hase, bad news allen......the list goes on. they'd all sign everything you had and took pics.
look up old matches on stampede between bret and dynamite. they really took hard shots back then. they talk aboot it in both of their books.

k.w.
there's a party tonight mr. whalen and you aren't invited. let the good times roll.
SammyLeeCherone
Recording Debut Album

Post by SammyLeeCherone »

cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

Old Memphis wrestling - Fabulous Ones vs. Moondogs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB-s0fnMcVY
sparkdaddy
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by sparkdaddy »

I was at an event and the Macho Man said that it was the best town he had ever been to. My friend who lives in another town said that the Macho Man said that same thing the next night in his town. I think my friend was lying to me though. The Macho Man wouldnt lie to us like that.
poizond13 "even if Poison has played a hob date here and there"

Nice back pedal...
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

It's fake you know™
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Redman77 wrote:It's fake you know™
YES! :D

Not many opportunities for that quote anymore, unless you just wanted to interject into the Never Ending Wrestling thread daily or something...
kreamygoodness
Headlining Clubs

Post by kreamygoodness »

Four Horsemen break Dusty Rhodes arm; 1986
-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_KCuwQrsmw

Road Warriors spike Dusty Rhodes (Americana, if you will) in the eye; 1988
-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8a2d7nMDYQ

-- April, 1988; Barry Windham turns on Lex Luger and joins the Four Horsemen!

May, 1990; Windham does run in and beats the shit out of Sting after an extended absense to save Flair which leads to the Flair, AA, Windham & Sid version of The Horsemen!
-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP6FZtFr_sM (:44 shows the only footage I could find of the Windham run in)

LitaStrauss wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:57 am Nobody is out to get you. Get off line and stop reading bullshit.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

I'm not a fan by any means, but I do have a favorite memory: reading that humongous list of all the shit that went on/goes on backstage. Some truly wonderful, sick stuff.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Shouldn't we keep this shit to the wrestling thread?

Wrestling is a sport like rubbing my cock on the rug is sex.
YYC

Post by YYC »

Crazy Levi wrote:Shouldn't we keep this shit to the wrestling thread?

Sure. Then there should be one basketball thread, one hockey, one football, one soccer, etc. I don't remember anyone arguing that it is a sport; the mods decided the topic should be here and Utahratt has an aneurysm if the word "wrestling" is typed anywhere in the Lounge.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Crazy Levi wrote:Shouldn't we keep this shit to the wrestling thread?

You gonna start whining and bitching like UtahRatt? WTF is with you guys? Don't you have better things to harp on than whether there is more than one wrestling themed thread?

The mod is the one who decided wrestling goes in The Locker Room. I for one would have preferred to keep it in The Lounge where it always was before because believe it or not I agree with you, it's not a "sport". But I don't make the rules.

And the Wrestling thread is a COURTESY. Just be glad that most of us stick to it most of the time...