Magic-Bird Documentary

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

YYC
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Magic-Bird Documentary

Post by YYC »

Anybody catch this doc on HBO? I thought it was pretty well done. I'm not a fan of the Lakers or Celtics (I liked the Pistons when I was a kid), but like a lot of people I always found their rivalry kind of fascinating. It definitely brought back some memories. The first time ever heard of the NBA it was because of those two.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Magic-Bird Documentary

Post by Tymaster »

YYC wrote:Anybody catch this doc on HBO? I thought it was pretty well done. I'm not a fan of the Lakers or Celtics (I liked the Pistons when I was a kid), but like a lot of people I always found their rivalry kind of fascinating. It definitely brought back some memories. The first time ever heard of the NBA it was because of those two.
I remember the NBA before those two. If and when the network (I wanna say CBS had it all those years ago) showed a game, sometimes even playoff games, it was very possible that it was a tape delay. Think about that for a second. That's what Magic and Bird (and Dr. J) did for the game!
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

i watched it tonight...great show...shed some light on shit i didnt know

French Licks, interesting name of a town...Id like to drive thru it one day
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

80's and early 90's(up until 1995)= best yrs in NBA history. Now it is a pathetic joke.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Watched it tonight as well, total trip down memory watching all that footage then for it to shed light on the bigger picture made it that much better.

I'm not a basketball fan at all but it was a great doc.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

terrific documentary.
never was a fan of either, but i have to admit those 2 players changed the game in their own way.

was funny to see and hear all the anger bird had towards magic ever since the NCAA championship game.

glad the film touched on "the race factor". if that would have been avoided, you might as well have never made the film.
the candid comments made by 1 celtics fan on tv regarding how he did not enjoy seeing so many black players on the court at 1 time.

arsenio had a great line; magic did not indulge in drugs/booze, so arsenio did all that for him.

imagine back when magic signed his contract with the lakers
25 yrs
$25 million
:shock:
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

Im reading a good book about the Magic,Bird rivallry.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

nycyankee wrote:80's and early 90's(up until 1995)= best yrs in NBA history. Now it is a pathetic joke.
Spoken like someone who knows jack shit about NBA history.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Those 2 made me dig the game yo!

I was a celtics/larry bird fan until I couldn't take the losing years any longer, and jumped ship...
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Cyber Spirit wrote:Im reading a good book about the Magic,Bird rivallry.
funny, i saw such a book at a bookstore today...seemed like a mirror of the doc.

probably what ur reading
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

Heenan Snuka wrote:
Cyber Spirit wrote:Im reading a good book about the Magic,Bird rivallry.
funny, i saw such a book at a bookstore today...seemed like a mirror of the doc.

probably what ur reading
Probaly yeh.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

I would love to see this.

I saw the Tobacco Road documentary HBO did, and I absolutely loved it.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

johnk5150 wrote:
nycyankee wrote:80's and early 90's(up until 1995)= best yrs in NBA history. Now it is a pathetic joke.

I probably should have said in my lifetime. Being a Knicks fan I would have liked to have lived during the early 70's.

I know NBA history, I was just giving my opinion. There is no need to be fuckin prick.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

nycyankee wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

I probably should have said in my lifetime. Being a Knicks fan I would have liked to have lived during the early 70's.

I know NBA history, I was just giving my opinion. There is no need to be fuckin prick.
I think Charles Smith just missed another layup.

If you EVER considered yourself a fan of the leauge i highly recommend giving it another shot. The league has never had more very good players than it has right now.

Oh and buy this book.

I'd like to conclude that Pippen didn't foul Hubert Davis. The '94 Knicks had no business being the finals.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

johnk5150 wrote:
I think Charles Smith just missed another layup.

If you EVER considered yourself a fan of the leauge i highly recommend giving it another shot. The league has never had more very good players than it has right now.

Oh and buy this book.

I'd like to conclude that Pippen didn't foul Hubert Davis. The '94 Knicks had no business being the finals.

I still watch basketball once in a while. I am aware of who is in the league. I would become a fan again if the Knicks acquired Lebron James( very unlikely).

"I'd like to conclude that Pippen didn't foul Hubert Davis. The '94 Knicks had no business being the finals."

Fair enough.

The 1997 Miami Heat had no business facing the Bulls in the Eastern conference finals either. I hate David Stern.

P.S fuck P.J Brown :lol: