**OFFICIAL Association Football 2010/2011 Season thread**

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: **OFFICIAL Association Football 2010/2011 Season thread*

Post by MickeyG »

Poor all round. Fergie took too long making his changes, Scholes was getting by passed well before his stupidity. I think the lad wants to retire. He's hummimg and Ahhing over his new deal, and I think that says it all. Berba up front on his own, hardly ever works. It's too slow and he hates it and gets pissed off.
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Hellsinkey »

Scholes was good at the start of the season. Giggs has played well all season and was included in all the goals against Chelsea. Scholes thinks he should play more, but it doesn't work anymore. I'd be surprised if he continues.

All this talk about the treble has been premature for this squad. They're nowhere near the team of '99. It can still all go to shit if they don't concentrate. even if they get to CL final, it's against Barca or Madrid, which this squad will hardly win. Also in league, Arse have a game in hand and if they win at home, they're only a point behind.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

I'll take it back. Arse draw with Liverpool at home, now they're six points behind with same amount of games. :)
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Hellsinkey wrote: All this talk about the treble has been premature for this squad. They're nowhere near the team of '99. It can still all go to shit if they don't concentrate. even if they get to CL final, it's against Barca or Madrid, which this squad will hardly win. Also in league, Arse have a game in hand and if they win at home, they're only a point behind.
I agree with this. There's no way this squad should have been anywhere near a treble. They've over reached to get this far. I didn't think they were good enough for a league challenge, let alone a possible CL final.

2 world class midfielders, one holding, one attacking are required during to summer. And obviously a goalkeeper. Hargreaves should be released and Scholes should call it quits. Giggs should have one final year, and the rest should be fighting for their places in the squad as there should be some competition from the likes of Pogba, Tunnicliffe and Morrison from the reserves. Check out some of the threads of these lads on redcafe.net youth forum to get a feel of what the future might hold. Hopefully, they can make a break through.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Midfield is one thing, but I'm worried for the goalkeeping next season. I hope it won't be years again until it's fixed, like after Smeichel. I can't believe Ferguson stuck with the mediocre choices, while Van Der Sar spent years at Fulham.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Well, it seems expected that United will spend big on a highly rated young keeper. Always a risk, going with a young keeper. Neuer apparently doesn't want to leave Germany, while De Gea seems unsure if he wants to move too. Choices start to disappear then, with maybe Adler another German candidate. Maybe they'll try and lure an experienced but cheaper alternative.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

What a lame performance at a bad stage. Arse can close the gap to four points and games against them and Chelsea. Let's see...
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

United never do things the easy way, dude, you should know that. :lol:

Fergie has 4 days now to get them up for Everton at the weekend. A home game, and they need to go out all guns blazing. Would also be nice if Spurs could do them a favour tomorrow.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote: Would also be nice if Spurs could do them a favour tomorrow.
Arse leads 3-1 but get a draw. :)
Sleazyjack
Recording Your Demo

Post by Sleazyjack »

Houllier in hospital, I said he was looking ill only a couple of weeks back , don;t think he will be at the Villa next season

looking better for us after 2 wins in 2 , beat Stoke on Saturday and I would say we are safe - very disappointing season though , especially considering the squad we have - mainly due to O'neill leaving just as the season started
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Again not a good performance, so Chicarito's goal was a relief. Next four games will be tough and decide the season. They will need to better against Schalke twice, Arse and Chelsea.
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Post by jellyheadrobertson »

Very Impressed with my Liverpool today. If Kenny had been there at the beginning of the season, I think we would be in the top four. The team looks like they enjoy playing now.
SLASH1976
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by SLASH1976 »

Hellsinkey wrote:Midfield is one thing, but I'm worried for the goalkeeping next season. I hope it won't be years again until it's fixed, like after Smeichel. I can't believe Ferguson stuck with the mediocre choices, while Van Der Sar spent years at Fulham.
They said in the papers here that Man U might try to get Sneijder from Inter.
That might work though I reckon the price tag will be high

As a goalie I think Stekelenburg will be the perfect substitute voor vd Sar.
He played a great world cup and has outgrown Ajax. With him they will have as reliable goalie for years.
Thought vd Sar recommended him to Fergie ?
SAVE THE EARTH IT'S THE ONLY PLANET WITH BEER

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

I keep reading De Gea is a done deal to United but we won't hear anything until the season is over.

Poor again today in the final third, but Everton did park the bus to be fair. Hope Bolton will do United a favour tomorrow.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

It's over for Arse. :) Still the next games are crucial, Chelsea are back in the game. They will fight hard at OT. Arse might relax and play well home because they have nothing to lose anymore and ManU have been mediocre away. I have a feeling this might be down to goal difference. :?
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Arse fans must be gutted seeing their team bottle it again. Past Arsenal teams always had leaders with big balls, I don't see any in this team. Maybe Wilshere will step up eventually, but Cesc should be doing more for me. Although he can't do it all on his own.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

You know who's gonna break ManU's back, fuck its ass, and make it humble tonight?

Probably not Schalke. I'm gonna hope and watch and get insanely pissed off anyway.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

What the fuck. I'm so glad Manuel Neuer leaves for Bayern after this season. Bitch still hasn't scored a goal, he's gonna cost us the game if he doesn't snap out of it in the second half.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

LOL, yeah Neuer was great for Schalke tonight. Pity he wants to stay in Germany, a move to United would have ruled.

United have been poor since they knocked Chelsea out. City, Newcastle and Everton were all poor performances. But they played well tonight. It will be interesting to see how they set up and play against Arsenal at the weekend.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Neuer was great, but I'm surprised they didn't do more. Their defense was shite though.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Anyone see the chaos at the Bernabeu? I missed it myself.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

I didn't see it, but I heard it was a diving fest.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

I knew it. :roll: Horrible performance, I don't remember a game where they held the ball so little at times. Vidic was lucky not get sent off. It's important to get at least a point from Chelsea. If it comes down to goal difference in the end it's ugly. It they lose to Chelsea at OT and then a draw at Blackburn, it's deja vu from last spring and all over.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Yep, very poor once again. Any trophies this season will just mask how poor they've been all season away from home. Still, I want number 19 just so we can rub it up the scousers! :mrgreen: Not arsed about the champions league. Barca will wipe the floor with United anyway, should both teams reach the final as they should.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote: Not arsed about the champions league. Barca will wipe the floor with United anyway, should both teams reach the final as they should.
I don't care about it either, they won't win it. But if they lose the Premier League now I'll be pissed off.
Sleazyjack
Recording Your Demo

Post by Sleazyjack »

That is the worst I have seen United in a while , Rooney was abysmal,

I can't believe a team playing as shit as United could win the league this year, then again , I can;t see anyone stopping them
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

To be fair, United were just as awful against City in the semi final. They were also dire at Anfield.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

They're saving some of the players for Chelsea, even Owen might start today against Schalke.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

You know it's an unusual game when Gibson scores and Anderson-twice. Still the season can go all to shite if they lose on the weekend.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

If they take the game to Chelski then I think they'll win. Playing for a draw will be a bad idea, IMO.