MICHAEL JORDAN DISAPPOINTED IN MIAMI HEAT FAGS

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

grishnak boss
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

MICHAEL JORDAN DISAPPOINTED IN MIAMI HEAT FAGS

Post by grishnak boss »

Jordan shares his disappointment of Heat Big Three
July 18, 2010
By Ken Berger
CBSSports.com Senior Writer

LAS VEGAS -- The latest Big Three backlash came Sunday from none other than Michael Jordan, who contributed his weighty opinion to the debate about whether LeBron James should've teamed up with two superstars instead of trying to beat them.

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said after finishing tied for 22nd in the American Century Championship golf tournament in Stateline, Nev. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

Those last few words, said in an interview with NBC Sports, will resonate and hang over James all season, the way Jordan's legacy has hovered over the first seven years of his career. Clearly, I am not alone in believing that James broke ranks in a legacy-damaging way by teaming up with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh instead of trying to go through them in the eternal struggle for championships that the great players have always faced.

"Mike and I are in 100 percent agreement on this," Charles Barkley told the Arizona Republic this week. "If you're the two-time defending NBA MVP, you don't leave anywhere. They come to you. That's ridiculous. I like LeBron. He's a great player. But I don't think in the history of sports you can find a two-time defending MVP leaving to go play with other people."

Disappointment from their elders is only part of the backlash James and Wade -- more so than Bosh -- will face as they embark on their magical mystery tour. The other is that the Heat will be a bull's-eye for criticism, and easy for the competition to root against. This is something Wade addressed in an article published Sunday by AOL Fanhouse -- one in which he made an unfortunate comparison between the Heat losing a couple of games in a row and the collapse of the World Trade Center.

"We enjoy the bull's-eye," Wade said. "Plus, there's going to be times when we lose 2-3 games in a row, and it seems like the world has crashed down. You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade is coming down again, but it's not going to be nothing but a couple basketball games."

I have to assume that Wade didn't intend to equate losing basketball games to a murderous act of war against innocent civilians, but these are the kind of tone-deaf quotes you get sometimes in sports. And you get them in any era. It was Jordan, remember, who came across as a shameless, out-of-touch shoe salesman when he explained not endorsing a black Democrat for U.S. Senate in his home state of North Carolina by saying, "Republicans buy sneakers, too."

The point Wade was trying to make, I think -- and one he made poorly -- is that anything less than a championship for the Heat will be considered a failure. Along those lines, several GMs and personnel people I spoke with during Las Vegas Summer League aren't convinced that the Larry O'Brien Trophy should be shipped to South Beach just yet.

"The Lakers are still the better team," one executive said. "The question is, how are those guys [in Miami] going to fit together?"

Wade himself has acknowledged that the Lakers are still the team to beat, which is the only respectful way to go about it. The two-time defending champions are the two-time defending champions until somebody changes that. Personnel people digesting the impact of the Heat's Big Three, and the supporting cast assembled around them so far, shared two overriding opinions: 1) As difficult as it was for Tom Thibodeau to create a defensive scheme to combat LeBron or Wade while serving as the Celtics' defensive architect in Boston, it's going to be infinitely more difficult to stop both of them; and 2) As impressive as some of Miami's complementary signings have been, the pressure on the supporting cast to deliver -- which all championship supporting casts must do -- will be immense.

What if the Heat need Joel Anthony to knock down a couple of free throws in the final seconds of a road playoff game? What if they need Mike Miller to hit a contested 3-pointer from the corner in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals against Boston or Orlando?

"Mike Miller has never played in a game like that," one of the personnel execs said.

But in the end, the pressure will fall on the shoulders of Wade and James. How evenly they share the responsibility and the glory remains to be seen.

As for Jordan, he couldn't have summed up my feelings any better when it comes to the Miami Big Three -- the Dream Team or the Scheme Team, depending on your perspective. One executive scouting Summer League games told me he hadn't heard Jordan utter those words about Bird and Magic, but he didn't need to.

"When I brought the subject up, he was just typing on his Blackberry," the executive said. "And he was just shaking his head; you know, like when you're disappointed? He didn't say anything. He was just pecking away on his Blackberry."

He didn't say anything because he didn't have to.

"Exactly," the executive said.
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Re: MICHAEL JORDAN DISAPPOINTED IN MIAMI HEAT FAGS

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Jordan is right. Russell and Chamberlain wanted to beat each other, not be teammates. Bird, Magic and Jordan wanted to beat each other, not play together. If an athlete is competitive he wants to beat the best players. If he is truly great he makes everyone around him better. How many players did Russell put into the HOF? How many did Bird, Magic, & Jordan?

I understand a player at the very end of their career going somewhere to get a ring, but for LeBron to give up at 25 years old and go join Wade & Bosh is gutless. He has basically said to the world that although he is a great athlete and can put up stats that he doesn't have the heart or desire to carry a team.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Jordan is right. Russell and Chamberlain wanted to beat each other, not be teammates. Bird, Magic and Jordan wanted to beat each other, not play together. If an athlete is competitive he wants to beat the best players. If he is truly great he makes everyone around him better. How many players did Russell put into the HOF? How many did Bird, Magic, & Jordan?

I understand a player at the very end of their career going somewhere to get a ring, but for LeBron to give up at 25 years old and go join Wade & Bosh is gutless. He has basically said to the world that although he is a great athlete and can put up stats that he doesn't have the heart or desire to carry a team.
Well said.
Lebron showed his true colors by abandoning his team and joining Wade.
Jordan and Charles are correct. I'm glad finally someone has criticized the choice Lebron made.
If only ESPN would cover this story with the same intensity as they did during Lebron's "decision" program

I don't care how many Championships Lebron wins. He is on record as saying his new team will win up to 6 titles.
Yeah right! As if the accomplishment was that easy.

Spinless basketball player that should never be compared to Jordan ever again.

Lebron=OVERRATED!!
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

i dont get the hate

which would u choose at age 25: Miam or Cleveland?

and, what's with this carrying a team stuff? James never claimed to want to carry a team...it was just something that fell on his shoulders cuz he came into a crud organization...all he wants to do is win...he is not playing the game of trying to be better than MJ like Kobe does

if anyone deserves to be criticized, it is Kobe, for being a selfish player and trying to be like Mike and trying to take all the credit in a team game

Lebron showed that he is willing to be a team player in a team sport
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Heenan Snuka wrote:i dont get the hate

and, what's with this carrying a team stuff? James never claimed to want to carry a team...it was just something that fell on his shoulders cuz he came into a crud organization...all he wants to do is win...he is not playing the game of trying to be better than MJ like Kobe does

if anyone deserves to be criticized, it is Kobe, for being a selfish player and trying to be like Mike and trying to take all the credit in a team game

B.S.
The fucker goes by the name, 'King-James'
Exactly what has Lebron accmplished in order to go by the name, 'King'??
Zero championships after 7 yrs in the league.

Jordan earned his elite status by playing on a "very bad team" for years and then eventually getting over the top to win championships.

Lebron can have all the money he wants. He can earn all the money he has in endorsements.
Does not mean he's a winner and does not mean he is "The King".
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Machado wrote:

B.S.

Jordan earned his elite status by playing on a "very bad team" for years and then eventually getting over the top to win championships.

Lebron can have all the money he wants. He can earn all the money he has in endorsements.
I'm surprised the traitor kept his mansion outside of Akron and is still running basketball camps at the JAR. Art Modell has never returned to the state of Ohio for fear of his life! Art Modell will also never get in the HoF until he's dead, because the NFL knows what a debacle it would be to have Art in Canton!! I'd look for Lebron and his momma to be putting the homes up for sale ASAP.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

The thing that Barkley says about people coming to play with MVPs not the other way around is dead nuts accurate. It's turrible.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:

B.S.

That bad team Jordan played on made the playoffs every season.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote:

B.S.

That bad team Jordan played on made the playoffs every season.
Jordan made the playoffs every season?
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Other than when he was with the Wizards, yes MJ was in the playoffs every season, even as a rookie.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Just heard a Jordan story regarding him and Bill Wennington:

During a "practice" around '88, Jordan "beat up" Wennington during a Bulls practice because the team Jordan and Wennington were on was losing the practice game :lol:

Jordan was so competitive!!!
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Machado wrote:Just heard a Jordan story regarding him and Bill Wennington:

During a "practice" around '88, Jordan "beat up" Wennington during a Bulls practice because the team Jordan and Wennington were on was losing the practice game :lol:

Thing of all the duds that got rings thanks to MJ.
Wennington, Longley, Kukoc, Cartwright, a 97 year old Robert Parish, Buechler, Kerr, ugh, you get the point.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tymaster wrote:

Wennington, Longley, Kukoc, Cartwright, a 97 year old Robert Parish, Buechler, Kerr, ugh, you get the point.

The same thing can be said for each and every team that
wins a Championship.

Not a big deal really.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:

Jordan made the playoffs every season?
1997-98 NBA Chicago Bulls* 62 20 .756 1 7.24 107.7 99.8 Won Finals Jackson (62-20)
1996-97 NBA Chicago Bulls* 69 13 .841 1 10.70 114.4 102.4 Won Finals Jackson (69-13)
1995-96 NBA Chicago Bulls* 72 10 .878 1 11.80 115.2 101.8 Won Finals Jackson (72-10)
1994-95 NBA Chicago Bulls* 47 35 .573 3 4.31 109.5 104.3 Lost Eastern Conference Semifinals Jackson (47-35)
1993-94 NBA Chicago Bulls* 55 27 .671 2 2.87 106.1 102.7 Lost Eastern Conference Semifinals Jackson (55-27)
1992-93 NBA Chicago Bulls* 57 25 .695 1 6.19 112.9 106.1 Won Finals Jackson (57-25)
1991-92 NBA Chicago Bulls* 67 15 .817 1 10.07 115.5 104.5 Won Finals Jackson (67-15)
1990-91 NBA Chicago Bulls* 61 21 .744 1 8.57 114.6 105.2 Won Finals Jackson (61-21)
1989-90 NBA Chicago Bulls* 55 27 .671 2 2.74 112.3 109.0 Lost Eastern Conference Finals Jackson (55-27)
1988-89 NBA Chicago Bulls* 47 35 .573 5 2.13 109.1 107.7 Lost Eastern Conference Finals Collins (47-35)
1987-88 NBA Chicago Bulls* 50 32 .610 2 3.76 109.0 105.5 Lost Eastern Conference Semifinals Collins (50-32)
1986-87 NBA Chicago Bulls* 40 42 .488 5 1.27 108.6 107.6 Lost Eastern Conference First Round Collins (40-42)
1985-86 NBA Chicago Bulls* 30 52 .366 4 -3.12 108.6 112.4 Lost Eastern Conference First Round Albeck (30-52)
1984-85 NBA Chicago Bulls* 38 44 .463 3 -0.50 108.7 109.6 Lost Eastern Conference First Round Loughery (38-44)

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

You need to read the Jordan Rules by Sam Smith.

He was such a competitive dick even during practice he told Will Perdue he should change his name to Will Vanderbilt (his alma mater) because he wasn't good enough to be named after a big ten school (they were a strong conference at the time).

$tevil
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Machado wrote:
Tymaster wrote:

The same thing can be said for each and every team that
wins a Championship.

Not a big deal really.
Well, that's true, but MJ played with some of the absolute worst. At least in LA, Phil has had role players that were actually pretty darned good in their own right. Rick Fox, Robert Horry, Derek Fisher, Brian Shaw, Glen Rice. All solid players. All MJ needed was Scottie Pippen to be his Robin, and Grant, followed by Rodman to do the dirty work under the boards. Aside from Jordan, Pippen, Grant, Rodman, and Harper, the Bulls were very, very weak.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Heenan Snuka wrote:and, what's with this carrying a team stuff? James never claimed to want to carry a team...it was just something that fell on his shoulders cuz he came into a crud organization...all he wants to do is win...he is not playing the game of trying to be better than MJ like Kobe does
Wanting to carry a team and wanting to be the best is what makes very good players great.

It's Larry Bird shooting 1000 free throws every day. It's Peyton Manning staying after practice to work on routes with his receivers. It's Joe DiMaggio taking extra batting practice. It's Jerry Rice running up and down mountains in the off season. Already HOF guys who wanted to be among the best ever.

It's Jordan or Bird demanding the ball at the end of the game. It's Joe Montana or John Elway looking forward to running the 2 minute drill down by 4. It's Mario Rivera wanting to close out a 1-0 game, or David Ortiz wanting to come up to bat with 2 outs in the 9th. There is a certain desire and confidence that great players have. Losing is supposed to hurt. It's suppposed to light a fire under great players.

LeBron doesn't have it. He's a front-runner. He's all smiles and fun & games when his team is winning but he folds like a cheap tent under pressure. He flat out fucking quit on his team in the Boston series this year. And then he tucked his tail between his legs and went off to Miami. He has no balls.

Michael Jordan didn't get his first ring until 1991 - his 6th season. Could you imagine this conversation in the summer of 1988?
MJ: Hello, Larry?
Bird: Yeah?
MJ: It's me, Michael.
Bird: What's up?
MJ: We just got <sob> beat again<sniffle, sniffle>. We cou-cou-cou-couldn't get past you and now we can't get past Detrooooiiiioit <wah>.
Bird: Ok
MJ: Can I come play with you and Kevin? Please?
Bird: Don't you want to try to beat the Pistons yourself?
MJ: I can't doooo it!
Bird: Pippen is a good player. You have some talent there.
MJ: But it will be easier if I come there and play with you and Kevin. Then I won't have to have any pressure. I won't have to be the man. I won't have to work so hard. I can just get paid, have fun, and let you take over at the end of the game.
Bird: Fuckin' pussy <click>

No, that conversation never would have happened. Jordan wanted to be the man. All the great one's do. LeBron couldn't handle being the man, so he went off to be Wade's bitch.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Tymaster wrote:
Well, that's true, but MJ played with some of the absolute worst. At least in LA, Phil has had role players that were actually pretty darned good in their own right. Rick Fox, Robert Horry, Derek Fisher, Brian Shaw, Glen Rice. All solid players. All MJ needed was Scottie Pippen to be his Robin, and Grant, followed by Rodman to do the dirty work under the boards. Aside from Jordan, Pippen, Grant, Rodman, and Harper, the Bulls were very, very weak.
C'mon. The 91 team had Hodges, Levingston and Scottie Williams. The 92 team had Bobby Hansen. 93 Paxson made the most important shot since Jordan beat Ehlo. BJ Armstrong was underated in the early 90s. 96 through 98 had Kerr, Buechler, Dele, Parrish, James Edwards and John Salley. Let's not rewrite history regarding the teams Jordan had and Phil coached. You could argue there's never been a better player/coach combo than Jordan/Jackson.

Phil knew matchups better than any head coach during a period of very competitive NBA basketball. No one wanted to rip you heart out more than Jordan. Anyone saying that any coach could have won with Jordan/Pippen is high. And vice/versa on Jordan Pippen being as sucessful without Phil.

Those Bulls teams were the most exciting thing going since the Celtics of the 60s.
Last edited by johnk5150 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

$tevil
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Heenan Snuka wrote:and, what's with this carrying a team stuff? James never claimed to want to carry a team...it was just something that fell on his shoulders cuz he came into a crud organization...all he wants to do is win...he is not playing the game of trying to be better than MJ like Kobe does
Wanting to carry a team and wanting to be the best is what makes very good players great.

It's Larry Bird shooting 1000 free throws every day. It's Peyton Manning staying after practice to work on routes with his receivers. It's Joe DiMaggio taking extra batting practice. It's Jerry Rice running up and down mountains in the off season. Already HOF guys who wanted to be among the best ever.

It's Jordan or Bird demanding the ball at the end of the game. It's Joe Montana or John Elway looking forward to running the 2 minute drill down by 4. It's Mario Rivera wanting to close out a 1-0 game, or David Ortiz wanting to come up to bat with 2 outs in the 9th. There is a certain desire and confidence that great players have. Losing is supposed to hurt. It's suppposed to light a fire under great players.

LeBron doesn't have it. He's a front-runner. He's all smiles and fun & games when his team is winning but he folds like a cheap tent under pressure. He flat out fucking quit on his team in the Boston series this year. And then he tucked his tail between his legs and went off to Miami. He has no balls.

Michael Jordan didn't get his first ring until 1991 - his 6th season. Could you imagine this conversation in the summer of 1988?
MJ: Hello, Larry?
Bird: Yeah?
MJ: It's me, Michael.
Bird: What's up?
MJ: We just got <sob> beat again<sniffle, sniffle>. We cou-cou-cou-couldn't get past you and now we can't get past Detrooooiiiioit <wah>.
Bird: Ok
MJ: Can I come play with you and Kevin? Please?
Bird: Don't you want to try to beat the Pistons yourself?
MJ: I can't doooo it!
Bird: Pippen is a good player. You have some talent there.
MJ: But it will be easier if I come there and play with you and Kevin. Then I won't have to have any pressure. I won't have to be the man. I won't have to work so hard. I can just get paid, have fun, and let you take over at the end of the game.
Bird: Fuckin' pussy <click>

No, that conversation never would have happened. Jordan wanted to be the man. All the great one's do. LeBron couldn't handle being the man, so he went off to be Wade's bitch.
I'm posting this on a Cleveland sports blog if you don't mind! That was beautiful!!!
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

Inside look at LeBron’s free-agent coup

At the Beijing Olympics, where LeBron James(notes) was surrounded by such talent and possibility, the Cleveland Cavaliers began to lose their star to free agency. The beginning of his departure came in small moments on the daily bus rides through the city’s choking smog and bigger ones on the basketball court. Together, Dwyane Wade(notes), Chris Bosh(notes) and James kept talking about the summer of 2010, about the chance of a lifetime to chase championships and roll like a touring rock band.

And yet before Pat Riley’s free-agency vision for the Miami Heat could ever be validated, James had to first become a member of that 2008 Olympic team. The public never knew what those on the inside of American basketball’s elite power structure did: In the years and months before Beijing, that was very much in doubt for James.

Back when the Heat’s three new superstars had signed short contract extensions and started to explore the idea of free agency thrusting them together, a different discussion had played out within the NBA and USA Basketball: What should we do with LeBron?

From Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski to managing director Jerry Colangelo to NBA elders, the issue of James’ immaturity and downright disrespectfulness had become a consuming topic on the march to the Olympics. The course of history could’ve changed dramatically, because there was a real risk that James wouldn’t be brought to Beijing based on fears his monumental talents weren’t worth the daily grind of dealing with him.

When the mandate had been to gather these immense egos and get the NBA’s greatest players to fit into a program, no one had a more difficult time meshing into the framework than James. Other players made it a point to learn the names of staffers and modestly go about their business without barking orders and brash demands.

No one could stand James as a 19-year-old in the 2004 Athens Olympics, nor the 2006 World Championships. Officials feared James could become the instigator of everything they wanted to rid themselves for the ’08 Olympics. For as gifted as James was, Krzyzewski and Colangelo subscribed to a belief that with Kobe Bryant(notes) joining the national team in 2007, they could win a gold medal in ’08 with or without LeBron James. Behind the scenes, officials had taken to calling James’ inner circle, “The Enablers.” No one ever told him to grow up. No one ever challenged him. And yet, James was still a powerful pull for his teammates, and everyone had to agree they could no longer let his bossy and belittling act go unchecked. These weren’t the Cleveland Cavaliers, and Team USA wasn’t beholden to him.

After the NBA witnessed the behavior of James and his business manager Maverick Carter during the 2007 All-Star Weekend, the commissioner’s office sent word to USA Basketball the league wouldn’t force James on them for the Olympics. Before Team USA gathered for the 2007 Tournament of the Americas in Las Vegas, an unmistakable message had been delivered to James through Nike: Unless you change, we’re serious about leaving you home.

“Legacies were on the line,” one league official said, “and they weren’t going to let LeBron [expletive] it up for everyone in China.”

read the rest here: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... ency071610

Lebron is a bitch.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/newsnet5/newsnet5_ts3135

Just a few days ago, Vaneisha Robinson believed her dreams were about to come true. As NewsChannel5 and newsnet5.com first reported, Robinson paid $5 for a pendant in the shape of LeBron James' number 23 jersey at a yard sale four years ago.

Robinson thought it was costume jewelry until she had it appraised and certified by International Gemological Institute, which said the diamond-studded, gold jewelry was real and valued at nearly $10,000.

The amateur boxer put the pendant up for sale on eBay, hoping to use the proceeds to open her own gym.

On Wednesday, Robinson said she got a phone call that turned her dream into a nightmare. Robinson said it was Katherine L. Powers, the mother of Maverick O. Carter. Carter is the CEO of LeBron James' marketing company, LRMR.

"[Powers] said that LeBron James was at her house and they wanted me to come over there. They were going to make me an offer that I couldn't refuse," Robinson said.

It turned out the one-of-a-kind pendant belongs to Carter, who claims it was stolen. Robinson said she and her mother went to the Wadsworth house Carter shares with his mother, believing James was going to buy the pendant and give it back to Carter.

"When I got there, LeBron James was not there. It was about eight or nine other people there," Robinson said. "They pretty much accused me, they threatened me and they used their authority to they (sic) best ability to get the pendant in their possession."

Robinson said she and her mother drove to Carter's house in the 500 block of Caledonia Drive in her mother's pickup truck.

"They blocked her truck in the driveway. They told us that we weren't going anywhere until they got that pendant. I was scared for my life," she said.

Wadsworth police said they were called around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday night by a woman visiting a neighbor of Powers. According to a recording of the 911 call, the woman heard loud arguing. She said she called the police at Powers’s request.

"I walked away from that. I just kept walking just in case something was about to happen," the woman told the 911 dispatcher.

A Wadsworth police spokesperson said Robinson and her mother had already left when they arrived on scene. Powers was the only one there. She had the pendant.

"Ms. Powers showed me the pendant in question and I was able to determine that it was a one-of-a-kind item and it did actually belong to Mr. Carter," said Sgt. James Elchlinger.

Elchlinger said Carter was not at the house during the incident. A receptionist at LRMR told NewsChannel5 Thursday that Carter was unavailable for comment. Powers was not home when a reporter stopped at the house seeking an interview.

The case is under investigation.

Robinson did not call police Wednesday night, but showed up at the station Thursday afternoon. Robinson said she was advised to get a lawyer.

Police are trying to determine if the pendant was ever reported stolen. But Robinson maintains she could not have had the jewelry certified by the I.G.S. if it were stolen property.

The boxer vowed her next fight will be in a court of law.

"There was no serial number on that pendant so it's untraceable," Robinson said. "That pendant is mine. It belongs to me. I want it back."
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

LeBron shoulda just stayed his whole career and let 'em do to him what they did to Big Z. FUCKING LOSERS!
ImageImageImage
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Shaq lost with Orlando, then began chasing rings won 3 in LA, went to Miami chasing a ring and won, went to the Cavs chasing a ring and lost. Is his "legacy" tarnished or is is better to be like Ewing play for a million years and not win a ring including a Finals loss in a "scab" year before Jordan returned

Barkley chased rings in Arizona and Houston, legacy tarnished?

when the so called 2 time "mvp" cant get top players to play for the Cavs, its time to get the hell out, go to Miami and be hated by the league thats kind of cool
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

That's right glamrocker because the NBA isn't real basketball. It's a fucking circus okay? Anybody that doesn't see the professional wrestling aspect of it (ABA) doesn't get it. It's why I tune in and I admit it.
ImageImageImage
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Does Barkley forget he and Pippen went to Hakeem in search of a title ?

If you're in the rarest of positions to team up with your pals, do it.

Several years ago, before the Heat won, it was easy to see the Florida teams becoming attractive destinations just on taxes alone.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

thejuggernaut wrote:Does Barkley forget he and Pippen went to Hakeem in search of a title ?

Several years ago, before the Heat won, it was easy to see the Florida teams becoming attractive destinations just on taxes alone.
This. It didn't work out so well for Barkley and Pippen though. Juggling looks between three superstars is easier said than done. This makes Miami an instant threat in the East but it doesn't guarantee the Heat anything. LA is still the team to beat. That said, I don't see the decision as being all that difficult. He could live and play in Cleveland or in South Beach. Damn tough choice for a wealthy young guy huh? I don't think many outside of Cleveland fault the move. Most just have a problem with the manner in which he announced it.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

bane wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:Does Barkley forget he and Pippen went to Hakeem in search of a title ?

This. It didn't work out so well for Barkley and Pippen though. Juggling looks between three superstars is easier said than done. This makes Miami an instant threat in the East but it doesn't guarantee the Heat anything. LA is still the team to beat. That said, I don't see the decision as being all that difficult. He could live and play in Cleveland or in South Beach. Damn tough choice for a wealthy young guy huh? I don't think many outside of Cleveland fault the move. Most just have a problem with the manner in which he announced it.
Also notice Karl Malone and Gary Payton seem to get a pass on their migration to O'Neill, Bryant and Jackson.

Jordan really shouldn't be talking - sure, being arguably the greatest ever affords him some forgiveness on his opinions, but Jordan also is the guy who, during his first comeback, threatened retirement every year unless Krause ponied up to pay Pippen, Jackson and Rodman.

In effect, he was doing something far worse than what James did.
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

thejuggernaut wrote: In effect, he was doing something far worse than what James did.[/color][/size]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nice
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

thejuggernaut wrote:
bane wrote:

Also notice Karl Malone and Gary Payton seem to get a pass on their migration to O'Neill, Bryant and Jackson.

Jordan really shouldn't be talking - sure, being arguably the greatest ever affords him some forgiveness on his opinions, but Jordan also is the guy who, during his first comeback, threatened retirement every year unless Krause ponied up to pay Pippen, Jackson and Rodman.

In effect, he was doing something far worse than what James did.

This is the first time I can recall three guys in their primes pulling this off though. The other two cases you mentioned were older dudes coming up on their career twilight years and chasing that last chance at a ring. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. Those other guys it was a two or three year max chance, if that. These three could play together for close to a decade. As to your second point, while I don't know that it's worse, yeah Jordan did do that, just like Kobe did (minus the whole retirement thing).
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Chris Paul is getting in on the act now. Reported he wants to play with another superstar and wants to be traded to the Lakers, Magic or Knicks.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.