How much of your lives have been wasted on watching sports?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

How much of your lives have been wasted on watching sports?

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Honestly, wasting 16 waking hours watching college and pro football every weekend, watching Sportcenter pre-game and post-game wrap-ups; nothing is accomplished. You gain nothing watching this crap day in and day out. Think about how much you could learn about life if you actually spent your weekends doing something productive, with your families or even just by yourself. Most of you didn't even play high school sports much less college so it isn't like you have some kind of nostalgic obligation to sit in front of the TV for hours like a mong and watch a ball go back and forth.

Just try it. Go to a library on Sunday morning and check out a few books. Read Dostoevsky all afternoon and then tell your wife that you two are going to dinner and have drinks and then have monkey sex that night. When she asks, "What about football?" say, "Fuck football, who gives a damn!"
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Re: How much of your lives have been wasted on watching spor

Post by Redman77 »

So, your teams sucks too huh?
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Nah, I get tired of doing all the reading and the money sex by the time Friday rolls around.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Redman77 wrote:So, your teams sucks too huh?
I LOL'd.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

The older I get, the less I watch. At this point, I'll spend 3 hours watching football on Sunday, and that's about it. :|
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Bears.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Dostoevsky? You're a hockey fan too, huh?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

I was drunk and still pissed that the Texans lost to the Faggotboys. I apologize.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:I was drunk and still pissed that the Texans lost to the Faggotboys. I apologize.
I feel your pain. I would have much rather spent the afternoon reading Dostoevsky than watching that piece of crap game. You win some, you lose some, but that was depressing.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Dostoevsky? You're a hockey fan too, huh?
:lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

It feels like I've spent 100 years watching the B's.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I didn't know if Dallas was gonna take it but oh...it was so, so righteous.
ImageImageImage
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

I used to have such a good dismissive attitude towards watching sports too much till LSU won a couple of national championships and the Saints won the Super Bowl last year. Now I'm a goddamn chip-eating couch potato on the weekend, I'm far more emotionally invested in the games than I want to be, and worst of all, I find myself actually considering wearing a jersey or self-congratulatory championship commemorative shirt from one of my teams. I haven't let that last one happen yet.

God, I hate it when the weather is really nice outside while a really good game is on the tube. I find myself looking out the window and saying "Man, I could be bike riding right n... WHOA!! Did he get the first down?"
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:The older I get, the less I watch. At this point, I'll spend 3 hours watching football on Sunday, and that's about it. :|
Pretty much the same.

I'm down to catching football highlights and reading box scores anymore. Only watched a couple full games this season. Working three of the last four Sundays and not having my team televised don't help.

Haven't watched sportscenter in over a year.

Caught my first college football game of the year this weekend.

With the Yankees in the playoffs I haven't watched one postseason baseball game. Couldn't give a fuck at this point.

Haven't watched more then 10 minutes of basketball in 10 years.

Average maybe 3 or 4 hockey games a year.

I do hit more live games but as far as television goes it's pretty slim compared to movies and TV shows like Top Gear.

Nowadays my interest in watching sports is at an all time low. I don't make plans for the telli, I'll leave the house for anything. Part of this has to do with the way the games are played today. Money has all but ruined sports for me, it's not the same game we grew up with.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I'm a basketball fanatic and I'm a Jayhawk fan. I bleed crimson and blue win or lose. Any football or basketball game I'll watch it whether they're good or not. I plan my life around those games. Also, I'll watch damn near ANY college football or basketball game.

I'll watch any NBA game but I watch the Thunder and the Lakers anytime they're on. I plan my life around televised Thunder games (which hasn't been much but I can see all the games when I go home).

I watch the Chiefs every weekend and will do so until I die. If I can't watch it it's on the radio. I plan my life around them and don't watch too much pro football except for when the Cowboys are on.

That's it.
ImageImageImage
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I wasted 3 hours watching the Bears give another game away to a team that didn't want it. So about 1 million and 3 hours.

$tevil
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

:lol: Well John, we all love our hair metal but when you're in Chicago you REALLY MISS THE 80'S!

With the Chiefs, we miss the 60's and I wasn't even fucking born yet shit!
ImageImageImage
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Never miss a Browns game. Haven't since I was a kid and Sipe was nearing the end of his days as a Brown. I guess I did get a 3 year reprieve in 96/97/98, but I was in college, so I hardly missed a beat. KISS played Cleveland on a Sunday in October of 1996. Took a walk through the stadium before they tore it down. That was surreal. Other than that one Sunday walk through, those 3 years really flew by. I don't go out of my way for any sports team. I have season tickets for Ohio U. football and basketball, but whether or not I go is a game time decision. I pay next to nothing for those passes. I watch just about every Cavs game (just went to a preseason game last week as a matter of fact), but that's usually while I'm working on job related stuff in front of the computer. It's nice to have a game on while I work. If the Cavs aren't on, I'll watch the Columbus Blue Jackets. Don't follow baseball a bit, but I won't turn down Columbus Clipper tickets. That's a great way to spend a summer evening.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Skate4RnR wrote::lol: Well John, we all love our hair metal but when you're in Chicago you REALLY MISS THE 80'S!

With the Chiefs, we miss the 60's and I wasn't even fucking born yet shit!
I'm worried Durant is going to drop 50 on us tonight.

$tevil
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

too much

I purposely missed all the Sunday games and watched the Sunday night and MNF games only this week

yet with all the highlights and analysis I feel like I watched 12 hours of football

Im gonna have to cut down even more

NFL is addictive like a weekly soap opera
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

I had a great time at the game Sunday. The weather was nice and there were plenty of $8 beers available.
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

over a weekend the amount of football i watch is unreal. i got up one sunday morning to watch ajax v feyenoord at 11am and didn't leave the couch till after 10pm that night having watched several games.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I'm a fucking Cubs fan, so all of it.

$tevil