NFC East week 4

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

NFC East week 4

Post by Crazy Levi »

Wow, body bag game going on in NJ tonight. Impressive Defensive performance from the Giants.

So one team is 1-2, and the others are 2-2. Skins are 2-0 in the division, and nobody else has played any division games.

I'm a Skins fan and it's nice to see them in first place by default but I have no idea which team is the best in this division. I think the Eagles might turn out to be a real streaky team that ultimately fails. This QB situation fucks them hard. The Kolb/VIck thing will never end this year and neither are as good as they've appeared for short periods before. McNabb is the best QB in that love triangle.
MurrayFiend

Re: NFC East week 4

Post by MurrayFiend »

Crazy Levi wrote:Wow, body bag game going on in NJ tonight. Impressive Defensive performance from the Giants.
Shit was brutal. Very nice job by the G-Men. Didn't hurt that Da_Bears couldn't capitalize on anything. It's a wonder they weren't shut out.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

MurrayFiend wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Wow, body bag game going on in NJ tonight. Impressive Defensive performance from the Giants.
Shit was brutal. Very nice job by the G-Men. Didn't hurt that Da_Bears couldn't capitalize on anything. It's a wonder they weren't shut out.
Bears are a fraud. They're my team, but every time I see a camera shot of Cutler I just want to punch him right in the face. I don't think there's been a more punchable player in the league going back to maybe Ryan Leaf.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy »

johnk5150 wrote:every time I see a camera shot of Cutler I just want to punch him right in the face. I don't think there's been a more punchable player in the league.

:P
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

McNabb was terrible in that game, but not as terrible as the Eagles (and not just Kevin Kolb, if Jason Avant earns his money and catches that ball everyone talks about how gritty and gutty Kolb was in relief). That whole division is fucked, could someone take it at 9-7 or 10-6? Maybe.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:McNabb was terrible in that game, but not as terrible as the Eagles (and not just Kevin Kolb, if Jason Avant earns his money and catches that ball everyone talks about how gritty and gutty Kolb was in relief). That whole division is fucked, could someone take it at 9-7 or 10-6? Maybe.
For a division that is a perennial powerhouse, they sure don't look it this year. The Redskins have probably been the most consistent so far, but that division looks pretty anemic to me. I agree, somebody could win it at 9-7.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

johnk5150 wrote:
MurrayFiend wrote:
Bears are a fraud. They're my team, but every time I see a camera shot of Cutler I just want to punch him right in the face. I don't think there's been a more punchable player in the league going back to maybe Ryan Leaf.
He kinda reminds me of Matthew Perry, so... yeah, you're right.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

That division gets all the primetime games w/ the New York Football Giants, a team in the nations capital, a team in the city of brotherly love, and of course "Americas Team." But the NFC East usually makes me zzzzzzzzzzzz.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Tymaster wrote:That division gets all the primetime games w/ the New York Football Giants, a team in the nations capital, a team in the city of brotherly love, and of course "Americas Team." But the NFC East usually makes me zzzzzzzzzzzz.
Yeah, it hasn't been good in a long time, and I say this as a fan of the team that wins it more often than not.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Tymaster wrote:That division gets all the primetime games w/ the New York Football Giants, a team in the nations capital, a team in the city of brotherly love, and of course "Americas Team." But the NFC East usually makes me zzzzzzzzzzzz.
Yeah, it hasn't been good in a long time, and I say this as a fan of the team that wins it more often than not.
As a Browns fan I realize I have no right to criticize any team, but honestly. Dallas hasn't been a Super Bowl team since Switzer. Daniel Snyder has been terrible in DC, the Eagles are a perennial playoff team, but can't seal the deal. The Giants have a couple of SB appearances and the title in the last decade, but they aren't a "fun" team to watch. It's just a blase division IMHO.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

You guys are right of course, but I don't care. I'm a Skins fan so that's my division.

When I was a kid some NFC East team won the Superbowl every year.

Snyder has been terrible for DC - but to be fair the Eagles, Giants, and Dallas are almost always good, and playoff teams or close to it. I can't believe the Eagles never got a super bowl win in the 2000s.

Snyder has been awful but he finally hired a real GM, so we'll see what happens. I love having McNabb, he's a winner. But the team is way old and this team needs more draft picks.

And it's anyone's division right now so who knows. I think the Eagles are finished - all that QB bullshit is going to sink them.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Crazy Levi wrote: And it's anyone's division right now so who knows. I think the Eagles are finished - all that QB bullshit is going to sink them.
Their coach doesn't do them any favors either.

$tevil
WhiteHouseSubsAC

johnk5150 wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote: And it's anyone's division right now so who knows. I think the Eagles are finished - all that QB bullshit is going to sink them.
You're not kidding. I'm convinced that Philly's success this decade has been in spite of Andy Reid, not because of him. He's a good personnel guy, though. I'd love to see him go exclusively to the GM role and bring in someone like Bill Cowher for a coach.
ROADHEAD

Post by ROADHEAD »

We all know who will win the East.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

ROADHEAD wrote:We all know who will win the East.
LOL

The Cowboys have more problems than any team in that division. Not only will they NOT win, that inbred redneck coach won't last the season.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
LOL

The Cowboys have more problems than any team in that division. Not only will they NOT win, that inbred redneck coach won't last the season.
Cowboys have serious problem.
So many that as a big fan, I don't know where to begin.

The defense is playing poorly. Why was Jenkins grabbing the WR's jersey for all to see. Why was Jenkins unable to intercept that ball thrown by young?

The offense did not play so bad yesterday. Even down by 7 in the 4th, the O drove down the field to tie the game.
Unfortunately the 15 yrd penalty for celebrating turned into a nightmare and changed the game for good.

Next week the opponent is the Vikes. Not sure if that is a positive or a negative.
:evil:
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
You're not kidding. I'm convinced that Philly's success this decade has been in spite of Andy Reid, not because of him.
Agreed.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
LOL

Cowboys are 1-3. And Roadhead has made his final Locker Room appearance. All is good in the world.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

The NFC is a steaming pile of wrong this year. Hate to say it, but the Steelers are going to probably be the best team in the league when that polock returns at QB this week.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

The 4 quarterbacks that played in the Bears/Panthers game had a combined passer rating of 10.6. Worst ever? Has to be right?

$tevil
noam_bombsky
Forming a Band

Post by noam_bombsky »

Drunk Kennedy wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:every time I see a camera shot of Cutler I just want to punch him right in the face. I don't think there's been a more punchable player in the league.

:P
I like how Cutler is apparently too retarded to notice the ref waving his arms right in front of his face, but has the wherewithal to grab his helmet before it hits the ground.
It's like granny always said: "Some turds float to the top; some turds sink to the bottom. In the end, they all get flushed."
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

I hate to admit this, but the Dallas vs vikings game this week is a "must" win for Dallas.

Could be the perfect time to face the vikings with favre's elbow injury. That alone could make a huge impact on the game.
If he even plays.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:I hate to admit this, but the Dallas vs vikings game this week is a "must" win for Dallas.

Could be the perfect time to face the vikings with favre's elbow injury. That alone could make a huge impact on the game.
If he even plays.
The Vikings will win, and the Cowboys are finished before Halloween. Sweet.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:I hate to admit this, but the Dallas vs vikings game this week is a "must" win for Dallas.

If he even plays.
The Vikings will win, and the Cowboys are finished before Halloween. Sweet.
I don't really participate in any kind of sports hate, but man, someone has to lose and it won't break my heart which one does.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

what a failure.

something is not quite right with the Cowboys and i believe the responsibility is 100% the head coach.

he won't get fired anytime soon, but for whatever reason the players are not responding to Phillips.

11 more penalties
is that a joke?
another "TD Celebration penalty"
is that a joke?

unreal!
Dallas should have won the game by 14 points or more.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Everyone keeps talking shit about how bad the NFC east is, but as far as I can tell it's three good teams and one shitty one.

The Eagles and Giants have both looked pretty good lately at 4-2, and the 3-3 Skins have proven they can hang with anybody.

I'm not even convinced the Cowboys are as bad at their 1-4 record but holy shit they better start winning some games soon.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Everyone keeps talking shit about how bad the NFC east is, but as far as I can tell it's three good teams and one shitty one.

The Eagles and Giants have both looked pretty good lately at 4-2, and the 3-3 Skins have proven they can hang with anybody.

I'm not even convinced the Cowboys are as bad at their 1-4 record but holy shit they better start winning some games soon.
"the experts" that dominate sports t.v./radio love to exaggerate and pretend they know how the season will play out.

far too early in the season to make bold predictions.
2 teams in the east are playing well, one is .500 and Dallas is playing poorly. does not mean the standings will remain the same for the next 10+ weeks.
Dallas does play the giants twice in the next 4 weeks. 2 prime opportunities to make up ground in the standings or further bury yourself in the cellar.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Machado, the Giants are no joke. Manning is hitting the deep ball and their running back situation is finally working (Jacobs found his big boy shoes again). I'd rather play the Cowboys than the Giants at this point.

I just looked at Philly's schedule, after this week and the bye, there isn't a single "easy" game the rest of the way. 9-7 may take that division.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Well Giants are clearly the class of the NFC East right now...at least until they lose to Dallas tomorrow. I really think they will.

Skins won an ugly game against the Bears today...9 total turnovers and another 4 or 5 fumbles recovered by the offense.

Cutler was intercepted 4 times by Deangelo Hall. McNabb also played his worst game as a skin but they won.

Philly looked soft today and went out like bitches at the end.