Ron Winter Hands The Texans A Win

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Ron Winter Hands The Texans A Win

Post by poizond13 »

Unbelievable. Ron Winter has always been the worst ref in the league. He has screwed the Colts more times than I can count. How this guy is still employed by the league is beyond me. Him and his crew are a fucking joke. Today they call a late pass interference against KC that is absolutely one of the worst calls I've ever seen. The call singlehandedly netted Houston about 40 yards and put them in field goal range. What minimal contact was made was initiated by Andre Johnson. I don't think Flowers even ever touched him. It's plays like this that make me sick.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Ron Winter Hands The Texans A Win

Post by MurrayFiend »

Worried "you" might lose the division? :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

LMAO @ a Colts "fan" bitching about refs.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Facedown wrote:LMAO @ a Colts "fan" bitching about refs.
Instead of making a ridiculous statement that is not based in reality, why don't you go ahead and tell me how that was a legitimate pass interference call?
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

MurrayFiend wrote:Worried "you" might lose the division? :lol:
Not in the slightest, it just pisses me off to the utmost degree to see teams handed games that they didn't deserve to win. Brings back horrible memories about what this "ref" has done to us in the past.

Facedown

Post by Facedown »

poizond13 wrote:
Instead of making a ridiculous statement that is not based in reality, why don't you go ahead and tell me how that was a legitimate pass interference call?
Oh, that's right. You're not an actual fan.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Johnson caught the ball anyway, so the flag had no impact on anything other than to give idiots like Pee13 something to whine about.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote:Johnson caught the ball anyway, so the flag had no impact on anything other than to give idiots like Pee13 something to whine about.
Yea he caught the ball... out of bounds. Ruled incomplete. Idiot. Notice you can't even say one word to defend that pathetic call. It's an outrage that this can happen.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Facedown wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
Oh, that's right. You're not an actual fan.
Just what I thought. You can't defend the call, thus validating my reason for starting this thread. Instead, you bring up ideas that you've created in your own fantasy world. Ideas that are not based on reality or fact in any way. I guess that's what people do when they have no way of refuting the actual topic at hand. :roll:

bane

Post by bane »

The replay clearly shows both feet in bounds. Houston was moving the ball at will the entire quarter. Troll somewhere else little boy.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Hey Texans fag, oops, I mean fan: How come you disappeared from the other thread after I royally PWNED your ass?

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote:The replay clearly shows both feet in bounds. Houston was moving the ball at will the entire quarter. Troll somewhere else little boy.
It was ruled incomplete. Replay clearly shows he was well out of bounds. Feel free to prove otherwise. Oh yea, that's right, you can't.

bane

Post by bane »

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote:http://www.nfl.com/standings

I rest my case.
What's your case? That the Texans are a lucky team that should be 2-4 right now? If that's your case, then I will concede, you have done a nice job of proving it. Don't worry, boy, their luck will run out in two weeks.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Polian's referees have handed the Colts more wins than any other team in football over the past 5 seasons. And you are bitching about the Colts being screwed by a call in a game that Indy wasn't involved in? It's kind of funny, even funnier when a Colt's fan cries about a pass interference call.

That call won't mean shit anyway when Washington clobbers them tonight. As in physically whacks them around for 4 quarters. Indy is a finesse team, and the only reason they have been able to hang with the physical teams the past 5 years is because Polian got the rules changed to benefit his pussy ass team.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

poizond13 wrote:Unbelievable. Ron Winter has always been the worst ref in the league. He has screwed the Colts more times than I can count. How this guy is still employed by the league is beyond me. Him and his crew are a fucking joke. Today they call a late pass interference against KC that is absolutely one of the worst calls I've ever seen. The call singlehandedly netted Houston about 40 yards and put them in field goal range. What minimal contact was made was initiated by Andre Johnson. I don't think Flowers even ever touched him. It's plays like this that make me sick.
= bitching about the ref. Based on facts and actual evidence that you provide.
I can't defend the call because I didn't see the game. Not on around here.
Don't need to defend it anyway. I didn't bitch about it, you did.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Polian's referees have handed the Colts more wins than any other team in football over the past 5 seasons. And you are bitching about the Colts being screwed by a call in a game that Indy wasn't involved in? It's kind of funny, even funnier when a Colt's fan cries about a pass interference call.

That call won't mean shit anyway when Washington clobbers them tonight. As in physically whacks them around for 4 quarters. Indy is a finesse team, and the only reason they have been able to hang with the physical teams the past 5 years is because Polian got the rules changed to benefit his pussy ass team.
That's real rich coming from a fucking PATS fan. I.E., the kings of all cheaters, and ultimate beneficiaries of horrible calls. Their first ring was practically handed to them by the refs by way of one horrible call.

Your wrong about a lot of things, worst of all your claim that Bill Polian had a rule changed. I assume you're talking about the illegal contact rule. Never happened. FALSE. The rule regarding illegal contact has not been changed in the past 10 years, by Polian or anyone else. Look it up.

Lastly, regarding tonight, sit back, relax, and enjoy the beating. You'll soon realize that you shouldn't bet against the greatest QB to ever play the game. I hope you'll be back tonight to eat your crow.

WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

poizond13 wrote:the greatest QB to ever play the game
:lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

As bad as I hate to agree with Greg, he is correct. Horrible call. Was not pass interference. If anything Johnson should have been called for pushing off.. Even the announcers called it.

Shitty call.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Luminiferous wrote:As bad as I hate to agree with Greg, he is correct. Horrible call. Was not pass interference. If anything Johnson should have been called for pushing off.. Even the announcers called it.

Shitty call.
Glad to see you can put your personal feelings aside and call it like it is. It was an obvious bad call, and anyone who disagrees with that should never watch another football game again, because they obviously know nothing about it.

tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

See it may help your case if you put up the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x0lJhhlB2A
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:Polian's referees have handed the Colts more wins than any other team in football over the past 5 seasons. And you are bitching about the Colts being screwed by a call in a game that Indy wasn't involved in? It's kind of funny, even funnier when a Colt's fan cries about a pass interference call.

That's real rich coming from a fucking PATS fan. I.E., the kings of all cheaters, and ultimate beneficiaries of horrible calls. Their first ring was practically handed to them by the refs by way of one horrible call.

Your wrong about a lot of things, worst of all your claim that Bill Polian had a rule changed. I assume you're talking about the illegal contact rule. Never happened. FALSE. The rule regarding illegal contact has not been changed in the past 10 years, by Polian or anyone else. Look it up.

Lastly, regarding tonight, sit back, relax, and enjoy the beating. You'll soon realize that you shouldn't bet against the greatest QB to ever play the game. I hope you'll be back tonight to eat your crow.
The illegal contact rule HAS been changed. It was originally set up so contact was allowed for 5 yards and then defenders were given time to disengage from the receiver. Meaning that full contact was allowed for the complete 5 yards as was intended. Polian 's whining got them to change the rule so now defenders must be disengaged from the receiver at the 5 yard mark. Essentially defenders lost a yard of coverage. This change instituted by Polian is referred to in NFL circles as "The Colts' Rule". Go ahead and look it up.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

The illegal contact rule HAS been changed. It was originally set up so contact was allowed for 5 yards and then defenders were given time to disengage from the receiver. Meaning that full contact was allowed for the complete 5 yards as was intended. Polian 's whining got them to change the rule so now defenders must be disengaged from the receiver at the 5 yard mark. Essentially defenders lost a yard of coverage. This change instituted by Polian is referred to in NFL circles as "The Colts' Rule". Go ahead and look it up.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=1771047

I don't get how someone who knows so little about football can run their mouth so fucking much. The rule was not changed, ever. There was a point of emphasis put on the existing rule as it was already written. That's one of the jobs of the competition committee: to decide if the rules are being called as they're written. The rule is exactly the same it's ALWAYS been.

Enjoy this beating you're about to see.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=1771047

I don't get how someone who knows so little about football can run their mouth so fucking much. The rule was not changed, ever. There was a point of emphasis put on the existing rule as it was already written. That's one of the jobs of the competition committee: to decide if the rules are being called as they're written. The rule is exactly the same it's ALWAYS been.

Yeah, go ahead and read the rule and then compare it to the way it is currently being interpreted. It was always set up so that defenders could bang up a receiver for the full 5 yards and then could have incidental contact after as they disengaged and could bump if they were running side-by-side with a receiver in pursuit of the ball. Polian's whining to Mike Pereira got them to change the way they call it so that the incidental contact after disengaging at the 5 yard mark is now considered illegal contact, and if a defender is chasing down a receiver and makes incidental contact without their head turned towards the QB it is also PI. That's why the offensive numbers have gone off the charts the past several years. Just look at the stats across the league.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Horrible looking call based in that video. I will say the both feet down and in bounds also looked close at full speed, and at that angle. Maybe on closer inspection the second foot was out. Shitty call anyways.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Luminiferous wrote:As bad as I hate to agree with Greg, he is correct. Horrible call. Was not pass interference. If anything Johnson should have been called for pushing off.. Even the announcers called it.

Shitty call.
Agreed with this, but he caught the ball anyway, and it was a slight push so it's a wash either way.
Skate4RnR
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Skate4RnR »

Shitty call.
As a Chiefs die-hard thick and thin that was bullshit. So was the off sides call on us, Chiefs have an OK team now and we have to put up with this? It's insane man. Oh well, my boys are going to the playoffs and that's that. We play Jax here next week and the Bills here the week after that. I know we'll beat the Gayders when we play 'em twice so I tip my hat to the Texans.

BTW, already PM'd Acillatem about it lol.
ImageImageImage
bane

Post by bane »

MickeyG wrote:Horrible looking call based in that video. I will say the both feet down and in bounds also looked close at full speed, and at that angle. Maybe on closer inspection the second foot was out. Shitty call anyways.
This. No argument that it was a bad call, but it looked to me like it was a catch anyway so it's probably a moot point. Beyond that, it wasn't 4th down. I'm pretty sure it was second down actually, and Houston was more or less moving the ball at will anyway. Even if that was called a catch out of bounds there is nothing to say that they wouldn't have kept marching down anyway. If anything, that call made them score sooner and gave KC a chance with the ball and a bit of time on the clock. Maybe Houston caught a break, but to paint as the refs giving them the game is disingenuous. It's Pee13 being the trolling little bitch that he is. KC played a hell of a game. Houston's defense sucked, and if they can't figure out a way to shore it up, they're done this year, but KC's defense did nothing to stop Houston's offense the entire 4th quarter. Houston has a world class offense. It's one of the best in the league, and they weren't exactly struggling with it when that call was made. If they call it an incomplete pass I have a ton of confidence that Schaub shrugs it off and gets the first down on the next play. It takes one or two plays off the board, that's about it.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=1771047

Yeah, go ahead and read the rule and then compare it to the way it is currently being interpreted. It was always set up so that defenders could bang up a receiver for the full 5 yards and then could have incidental contact after as they disengaged and could bump if they were running side-by-side with a receiver in pursuit of the ball. Polian's whining to Mike Pereira got them to change the way they call it so that the incidental contact after disengaging at the 5 yard mark is now considered illegal contact, and if a defender is chasing down a receiver and makes incidental contact without their head turned towards the QB it is also PI. That's why the offensive numbers have gone off the charts the past several years. Just look at the stats across the league.
the rule hasn't actually changed. Now it's just going to be enforced to the letter of the law
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=1840261

Rule was never changed. Ever. Deal with it. Several people, including Polian, Mike Martz, and Mike Holmgren, felt the referees had gotten away from calling the rule as it was written. The league agreed. Case closed.

AcillateM
Drunken Beaner

Post by AcillateM »

Skate4RnR wrote:

Shitty call.
As a Chiefs die-hard thick and thin that was bullshit. So was the off sides call on us, Chiefs have an OK team now and we have to put up with this? It's insane man. Oh well, my boys are going to the playoffs and that's that. We play Jax here next week and the Bills here the week after that. I know we'll beat the Gayders when we play 'em twice so I tip my hat to the Texans.

BTW, already PM'd Acillatem about it lol.

I've always liked the Chiefs just fine so i can't hate....um, i like them more today though. :lol:
Landshark2000 wrote:
Mexicans don't swoon. They go "¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Epa¡ ¡Epa! ¡Epa! Yeehaw!"