NFL 2010 Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: NFL 2010 Thread

Post by johnk5150 »

Crazy Levi wrote:The only team I'm as sick of hearing about around here as the Colts is the Patriots.

While We13 has helped make the Colts the most hated team on Sludge, in the rest of the world, the Patriots would have to top the list of most loathed.

Hope they both lose in embarrassing fashion.
It was way worse in the 'undefeated' (per lickety) season.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

the undefeated season or close to, whatever it was, ESPN was so far up the pats ass it was unreal. They made me cheer for the Giants like they were my team.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

NeverSurrender wrote:the undefeated season or close to, whatever it was, ESPN was so far up the pats ass it was unreal. They made me cheer for the Giants like they were my team.
To be fair it was quite an interesting story, and why wouldn't it be?

Nobody has gone undefeated since 1972, so it warrented the coverage and interest it received.

Made the loss in the Super Bowl that much more compelling. All non-masshole football fans were thrilled to see the Pats lose too. It really was fantastic being in time square that night watching a thousand drunk New Yorkers chant "18-1!!1 18-1!!!"

Everyone was a Giants fan that night.
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

Are you guys talking about the 2008 Super Bowl? Holy hell that was a shitstorm. Pats were public enemy no. 1 that day. We watched it in the middle of the Bacchus Mardi Gras parade, somebody projected it onto the side of a house. Thousands of drunk New Orleanians on St. Charles Ave went apeshit when homeboy Eli threw that pass. I'd never see an eruption like that before - until this past year that is.
"FUN'S OVER."
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Crazy Levi wrote:The only team I'm as sick of hearing about around here as the Colts is the Patriots.

While We13 has helped make the Colts the most hated team on Sludge, in the rest of the world, the Patriots would have to top the list of most loathed.

Pinhead13 brings up New England more than most of their own fans do with his constant comparing of Manning to Brady. Although it is fun to rub his face in the stats every so often. You know it has to be killing him that "his" team isn't the favorite this year and that "his" QB is having an off year.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:

The only team I'm as sick of hearing about around here as the Colts is the Patriots.

Success breeds over exposure which breeds contempt. I'm sick as fuck of both those teams myself. I'd love to see some new blood in the big game. KC vs. Atlanta or something like that would be a nice change of pace. Not gonna happen, but I'm reasonably confident that at least one of the most blathered about teams in the AFC wont matter after the first round.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

bane wrote:I'd love to see some new blood in the big game.
Not to nitpick but since the last Patriots Super Bowl win, Indy and Pittsburgh have been in twice, Pats once.
Giants
Seahawks
Saints
Cardinals
Bears
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Cleveland fired Mangini
bane

Post by bane »

Facedown wrote:
bane wrote:I'd love to see some new blood in the big game.
Not to nitpick but since the last Patriots Super Bowl win, Indy and Pittsburgh have been in twice, Pats once.
Giants
Seahawks
Saints
Cardinals
Bears
Pitt is the other AFC team I'm sick of. The NFC has been pretty wide open for a while, but the AFC had been 3 teams for way too long.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

bane wrote:Success breeds over exposure which breeds contempt. I'm sick as fuck of both those teams myself. I'd love to see some new blood in the big game. KC vs. Atlanta or something like that would be a nice change of pace. Not gonna happen, but I'm reasonably confident that at least one of the most blathered about teams in the AFC wont matter after the first round.
New blood would be KC('70) or NY('69) vs Atl('99) or GB('98). I don't know that any of those matchups would make for the most entertaining game, mainly because Cassel or Sanchez could be overwhelmed and turn in a bad game. NE, Pitt, NO, Indy, Chi, Sea, & Phi have all been there within the past 6 years.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

For some reason the Steelers really bother me. I've just never enjoyed watching them win.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Al Davis and his raiders are once again tasting Karma in a big way.
The team does not lose a single game in their division, and still fail to make the playoffs.

Fuck You Al!!
bane

Post by bane »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
bane wrote:Success breeds over exposure which breeds contempt. I'm sick as fuck of both those teams myself. I'd love to see some new blood in the big game. KC vs. Atlanta or something like that would be a nice change of pace. Not gonna happen, but I'm reasonably confident that at least one of the most blathered about teams in the AFC wont matter after the first round.
New blood would be KC('70) or NY('69) vs Atl('99) or GB('98). I don't know that any of those matchups would make for the most entertaining game, mainly because Cassel or Sanchez could be overwhelmed and turn in a bad game. NE, Pitt, NO, Indy, Chi, Sea, & Phi have all been there within the past 6 years.
I did say KC vs Atl, right? I think Atl just might do their part, but I don't see anybody beating Brady this year unfortunately.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

bane wrote:I did say KC vs Atl, right? I think Atl just might do their part, but I don't see anybody beating Brady this year unfortunately.
Yeah, I was just listing the teams that hadn't been there in a while.

Some potential interesting matches along the way:
Philly vs Atlanta - the Vick story line
KC vs NE - Weis, Crennel, Cassel
Pitt vs Balt - rivalry game(or rapist vs murderer)
GB vs Chi - another rivalry

Overall if the Saints do their thing and knock off Seattle I think the NFL will be happy with their matchups going forward.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next 2 weeks. I think it's 2 of the best weeks in all of sports.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

MurrayFiend wrote:For some reason the Steelers really bother me. I've just never enjoyed watching them win.
It's the massive army of yellow cum-rag waving idiots that show up at every sports bar or stadium that has turned you off to the Steelers I'm sure.
LitaJett
Playing Frat Parties

Post by LitaJett »

MurrayFiend wrote:For some reason the Steelers really bother me. I've just never enjoyed watching them win.
Why? Because they are a team with no standards? Their fans are the biggest idiots in the NFL? Or is it they keep getting easy schedules (it's the only reason they did as well as they did this year). Next year's schedule for them is even easier, they get to play the NFC West and AFC South from what it looks like.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Well, I live in Canada so I'm not really exposed to too many actual Steelers fans on a regular basis. But the rest of what you said certainly rings true. I definitely don't care for Roethlisberger... ever since he played super shittily in that first Super Bowl yet still won, I guess. That pissed me off. Don't care that he rapes bitches.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I've watched alot of the espn talking heads this year and come to the conclusion that nobody fails as bad as Herm Edwards at trying to come up with these stupid ass catch phrases.
Granted when he was a coach and said (hello,we play to when the game)was golden.
But as a commentater I'm left scratching my head going what the fuck is this asshat trying to say. Example earlier this year he was on Mike and Mike and was talking about something I can't remember and said it's like my daddy always said the best soup is made at home WTF are you talking about.
Honarable mention also to that cock-eyed fuck Stuart Smith for his big ups bullshit.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

eddie lee roth wrote:I've watched alot of the espn talking heads this year and come to the conclusion that nobody fails as bad as Herm Edwards at trying to come up with these stupid ass catch phrases.
Granted when he was a coach and said (hello,we play to when the game)was golden.
But as a commentater I'm left scratching my head going what the fuck is this asshat trying to say. Example earlier this year he was on Mike and Mike and was talking about something I can't remember and said it's like my daddy always said the best soup is made at home WTF are you talking about.
Honarable mention also to that cock-eyed fuck Stuart Smith for his big ups bullshit.
Gruden regularly comes up with - and aggressively pushes - some stupid ass shit.

I don't know if you remember him trying in vain to get his moronic "Jet Blue" nickname for the Giants receiving core to stick during a MNF game this year.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:I've watched alot of the espn talking heads this year and come to the conclusion that nobody fails as bad as Herm Edwards at trying to come up with these stupid ass catch phrases.
Gruden regularly comes up with - and aggressively pushes - some stupid ass shit.

I don't know if you remember him trying in vain to get his moronic "Jet Blue" nickname for the Giants receiving core to stick during a MNF game this year.
Yeah, Gruden does try to fill the gaps with some stupid shit. But when he sticks to analysis he is usually spot-on.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

I guess the NFL released the opponent list for 2011. I haven't seen them all, but Philly has the AFC East and NFC West as its opponents. Vick vs Brady in Foxboro is probably the highlight of the schedule for me.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I guess the NFL released the opponent list for 2011. I haven't seen them all, but Philly has the AFC East and NFC West as its opponents. Vick vs Brady in Foxboro is probably the highlight of the schedule for me.
Yeah, I just saw that too. I'm looking forward to NE playing Philly and KC. But according to the list I saw NE vs Philly is in Philly. I guess nobody knows for sure until the NFL releases the full schedule. But you luck out if you are in Philly and can grab tickets for that game.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Denver's coming to Miami next season! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: It will be easy to get tix, as the Dolphins never sellout. Empty seats everywhere!

John Elway (Denver's new veep of football ops) is in Miami as an honorary capt. for Stanford. And he's also a-courtin' Jim Harbaugh to come to Denver. Noooooo. I want him for Michigan!
Fuck sigs.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:Denver's coming to Miami next season! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: It will be easy to get tix, as the Dolphins never sellout. Empty seats everywhere!

John Elway (Denver's new veep of football ops) is in Miami as an honorary capt. for Stanford. And he's also a-courtin' Jim Harbaugh to come to Denver. Noooooo. I want him for Michigan!
Harbaugh is certainly a good coach, but I don't know how good of a match he would be for Tebow. If Tebow is the future for Denver, they are going to have to run some type of modified power-spread offense to best utilize his strengths. I would think they would want to get a coach who can run that system or at least get an offensive coordinator who is familiar with it.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I guess the NFL released the opponent list for 2011. I haven't seen them all, but Philly has the AFC East and NFC West as its opponents. Vick vs Brady in Foxboro is probably the highlight of the schedule for me.
Yeah, I just saw that too. I'm looking forward to NE playing Philly and KC. But according to the list I saw NE vs Philly is in Philly. I guess nobody knows for sure until the NFL releases the full schedule. But you luck out if you are in Philly and can grab tickets for that game.
You're right, that game is in Philly. I'm going to the Seattle game at Safeco.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

MurrayFiend wrote:Well, I live in Canada so I'm not really exposed to too many actual Steelers fans on a regular basis. But the rest of what you said certainly rings true. I definitely don't care for Roethlisberger... ever since he played super shittily in that first Super Bowl yet still won, I guess. That pissed me off. Don't care that he rapes bitches.
I respect the quarterbacking a lot more than the serial raping.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

johnk5150 wrote:
MurrayFiend wrote:Well, I live in Canada so I'm not really exposed to too many actual Steelers fans on a regular basis. But the rest of what you said certainly rings true. I definitely don't care for Roethlisberger... ever since he played super shittily in that first Super Bowl yet still won, I guess. That pissed me off. Don't care that he rapes bitches.
I respect the quarterbacking a lot more than the serial raping.
Rapistberger's jersey number is currently the same as the number of times he has been accused of rape. If they keep changing it to match his rape charges, it will be awful strange to see a QB with a lineman's number.
LitaJett
Playing Frat Parties

Post by LitaJett »

SkyDog112046 wrote: Rapistberger's jersey number is currently the same as the number of times he has been accused of rape. If they keep changing it to match his rape charges, it will be awful strange to see a QB with a lineman's number.
Really, 7 have came out? I only know of 3. We will never know the real number of victims though.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

LOL at "victims". You know these bitches were bragging to their girlfriends the next day and then changed their story sometime later.
El Metalico
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Metalico »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
With the participation of Arizona and New Orleans in the Super Bowl (and in consecutive years no less) the NFC has all its teams with at least one participation, with the exception of the Detroit Lions.

So it's the turn to the AFC to send a new representative 8)